Su Ae 수애 | Soo AE

71e

Any news on her upcoming movie with Uhm Tae Woong? I'm especially looking forward to it cause they're both such wonderful actors. Is it still going to happen? Are they already filming or not yet? I read the storyline for it and found it to be really heartwrenching but very romantic how she'll travel a great distance to find her husband.

I also felt that "9 ends 2 outs" wasn't all that great, and still very much prefer "Love Letter", but it was nice to see her in a different type of role. Goes to show, once again, what a versatile actress she is.

• 3 weeks later...

March 19, 2008

Soo-ae Becomes Empress of Chosun, 'Last Empress'

83t77104_1.jpg

Soo-ae was cast as the Last Empress in the movie "Like Fireworks, Like Butterflies".

This movie is about the actions of the Last Empress in order to save Chosun and the bodyguard that protects her. Jo Seung-woo will play the bodyguard, who must deal with the anguish of loving someone high in social status.

Through this movie, Soo-ae will be acting in a historical work for the first time in four years, since the KBS drama "Emperor of The Sea".

This movie will go into filming in July.

Original article at news.empas.com

English translation by www.hancinema.net

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lotusdrop

OMGOSHHHHHHHHHH i just finished watching 9 end 2 outs and i really really really have to say... IT WAS AMAZINGGGGGG and SOOO AEEEEEEE IS ADORABLE AND BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLLL

to be honest, when just seeing pictures of her ei though "eee, not really pretty at all" BUT she honestly lookss OO much better on screen then in pictures, even now i look at pictures and think she only looks ok, but i think with her short hair in the drama WOW she sosooooooooooooooo pretty i love her now too! her acting is SOOO amazinggggggg

arghhh!! best drama ever !! shes so aweomseeeee!

AND something about her face looks sooo friggin charming!!

it hink.. like... everytime i saw the other actress's face i couldn't wait to see soo ae's faec again LOL no offense but the other girl looked sooooooooooo fake ><

um yeah! can't wait to see mroe of her ^____^

• 3 weeks later...

Any news on her upcoming movie with Uhm Tae Woong? I'm especially looking forward to it cause they're both such wonderful actors. Is it still going to happen? Are they already filming or not yet? I read the storyline for it and found it to be really heartwrenching but very romantic how she'll travel a great distance to find her husband.

the poster had just been revealed .which apparently was a huge production to film the poster as they had to organised for the war scene for the poster ..scheduled for july release

U1345P28T3D2006305F326DT20080428110923.jpg

^ Shirley.. thanks for the poster, appreciate it.. but as always.. I have to ask a really silly question.. :sweatingbullets: .. what's the title of the movie? I must have missed reading about it. :blush:

Is it Sunny.. or something else? :sweatingbullets:

Thanks for always sharing.

It's good to see her into movies lately, but as a fan of her, I much rather see her in series so we can see more of her. But still, I wish her luck and success with her movies, she's a good actress, I think she should be more recognize and popular.

^ Shirley.. thanks for the poster, appreciate it.. but as always.. I have to ask a really silly question.. :sweatingbullets: .. what's the title of the movie? I must have missed reading about it. :blush:

Is it Sunny.. or something else? :sweatingbullets:

Thanks for always sharing.

yes , the english title is SUNNY. though i tihnk the korean title mean someone from faraway or something .~

here a sneak preview at the trailer ..the music is haunting enough ..look pretty good ..movie suppose to open on 24 July

direct link

mms://stream.cineseoul.com/hepk/hepk040077.wmv

download link

http://www.mediafire.com/?mnm5nfcjsyt

Ahh, Shirley! Many thanks! You're my "Soo Ae-Saviour", haha.

Wow, it looks really good. You're right, it is a bit haunting.

Any idea on the what it is about? I've been trying to find news on it, but there aren't much.

Thanks again, Shirley!

Guest vivjelly

Thanks so much shirley for the movie trailer. It seems so interesting.

I had to watch the trailer twice because the first time wasn't enough.

Can't wait for more promotion for this movie.

yes , the english title is SUNNY. though i tihnk the korean title mean someone from faraway or something .~

here a sneak preview at the trailer ..the music is haunting enough ..look pretty good ..movie suppose to open on 24 July

direct link

mms://stream.cineseoul.com/hepk/hepk040077.wmv

download link

http://www.mediafire.com/?mnm5nfcjsyt

Thanks very much for the trailer, looks good.. huh!

SUNNY it is.. quite the unusual but catchy title. :blush:

Ahh, Shirley! Many thanks! You're my "Soo Ae-Saviour", haha.

Wow, it looks really good. You're right, it is a bit haunting.

Any idea on the what it is about? I've been trying to find news on it, but there aren't much.

Thanks again, Shirley!

here you go ^^ i think this is the first time that Director Lee's movie focus on a female role .as the centre of the story ~ ^^so alot of anticipation of how it is going to be ...UTM is in the role of her husband , Jeong Jin Yeong plays the role of the leader of the troupe who seem to have some debts issue . .and i think Jeong Kyeong- Ho plays a role as member of the troupe who has feelngs for So Ae . This is during the period of the Vietnam War , nearly 300,000 korean soldiers were send there to fight against the communist between 1965 and 1973

Su Ae with Director Lee

20080324104015.035.0.jpg

040077m97.jpg

SUNNY. ("Nim-eun meongose") When her husband does not return home from service in the Vietnam War, Soon-yi takes a job in the performing arts that will send her and her troupe to Vietnam for a show. Once there, she plans to look for her missing spouse. The dedicated Soon-yi is played by the queen of melodramas, Soo Ae (A Family, Once in a Summer). Supporting actors include Jeong Jin-yeong (Love Phobia, Wild Card), Uhm Tae-woong (A Family, Another Public Enemy) and Jeong Kyeong-ho (Herb, When Romance Meets Destiny). This Tiger Pictures melodrama is being directed by Lee Joon-ik. Director Lee has been around since 1993 but gained immense popularity since his surprise hit The King and the Clown in

2005. His other recent films include Radio Star (2006) and The Happy Life (2007). Showbox will release the film on July 24.

credits http://www.koreanfilm.org/new.html

Guest vivjelly

It will be fascinating to see the point-of-view from Koreans regarding the Vietnam War.

Thanks for the info, shirley!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest meyyale

Where are Soo Ae lovers???

I really wonder what are about her new movie and new drama about empress?

No news about her..Strange.. :unsure::unsure:

Where are Soo Ae lovers???

I really wonder what are about her new movie and new drama about empress?

No news about her..Strange.. :unsure::unsure:

here i am meyyale hehehe, i love this lady too and still hoping she will be casted in SIG drama since their love story in emperor of the sea was a very painful...im just hopelessly romantic of their team up...maybe it would be a great casting?

Guest meyyale

Yeah, kish_agnes it'll be wonderful if they play a love couple..

But in EOTS I prefer JBG&JHW couple..

When she talks Madam Jami..

16014js6.jpg

When she watches her love(JBG)'s going..

16129mk7.jpg

16130ks6.jpg

source: dotori@songgall

yeh meyyale it's really a nice ending for the two JB and jugnhwa but it look good if yeonmoon had a chance for junghwa rather not to choose any coz yeonmoon might change if jungwa accept him (i remember yeonmoon said that to junghwa)...

me i love a man like yeonmoon who express and fight for his love but exclude the killing he made....i hate him for that.