Choi Woo Shik 최우식

Guest jaerin07

*** It was announced on June 3 that “Jinny’s Kitchen” will be back for season 2 via Prime Video Philippines. Prime Video customers can watch a new episode of “Jinny’s Kitchen” weekly, every Friday, starting June 28. More fun changes to look forward to include new roles, new food menus, and some switch-ups in the kitchen.   :kaching3:

Jinny_s_Kitchen_Screenshot_6_c58adcbd3c.

Watch: Lee Seo Jin Opens A New Restaurant With Park Seo Joon, Jung Yu Mi, Choi Woo Shik, And Go Min Si In “Jinny’s Kitchen 2”

20240603063435_jinnys-kitchen.jpg?s=900x

The upcoming tvN’s show “Jinny’s Kitchen 2” has unveiled the first teaser!

“Jinny’s Kitchen 2” is a show that explores the inner workings of a Korean restaurant led by a dedicated boss and passionate employees.

This time around, the second branch of the restaurant opens its doors in Iceland to greet guests. Owner Lee Seo Jin, along with Jung Yu Mi, Park Seo Joon, Choi Woo Shik, and new staff member Go Min Si, will be on hand to serve up steaming hot gomtang, a traditional Korean beef bone soup, amidst the chilly winds of Iceland. Their aim is to not only warm the cold but also melt the hearts of their customers.

In the released teaser video, the restaurant Jinny’s Pot vividly showcases the second branch, promising an array of captivating stories. The beaming faces of the employees and the caption, “A drama capturing the dreams, youth, and hopes of the staff at a Korean restaurant,” generate excitement. Yet, it’s the image of tired employees collapsed on the floor after closing, seemingly drained of all energy, that truly intrigues, adding an extra layer of curiosity.

“Jinny’s Kitchen 2” is set to premiere on June 28 at 8:40 p.m KST. Stay tuned!

credit : soompi news

Jinny’s Kitchen’ Season 2 Gets June Premiere Date and New Trailer

news-p.v1.20240603.5cde1f6b8b7e4eaea22ce

tvN has officially announced the June 28th premiere date for the highly anticipated second season of the popular variety show Jinny’s Kitchen. The new season will delve into the heartwarming journey of Lee Seo Jin and his dedicated staff as they manage their Korean restaurant specializing in gomtang, a Korean beef bone soup.

The members of the second season embark on an overseas adventure, opening a second branch of their restaurant in the picturesque Nordic country of Iceland. Joining Lee Seo Jin in this culinary adventure are the beloved cast members Jung Yumi, Park Seo Joon, Choi Woo Shik, and a new addition to the team, actress Go Min Si. Together, they will brave the chilly Icelandic weather and warm the hearts and stomachs of their guests with their delectable gomtang.

Jinny’s Kitchen will air its first episode on June 28th at 8:40 PM KST.

source : https://www.mk.co.kr/news/broadcasting-service/11031956

Love, death and AI: Star-studded cast talks to lost loved ones in new film 'Wonderland'

Actor Tang Wei who plays Baili of upcoming film ″Wonderland″ [ACEMAKER MOVIEWORKS]

Actor Tang Wei who plays Baili of upcoming film ″Wonderland″ [ACEMAKER MOVIEWORKS]

Losing a loved one or being unable to interact with a loved one due to a serious ailment can be a helpless situation. As fate would have it, this is the situation for some people. However, with the ever-advancing, high-tech era of artificial intelligence (AI) technology, people may be able to reconnect with the family and friends who left their side too soon — a situation that is realized in the upcoming film "Wonderland." 

In the film, an AI service called Wonderland allows people to reconnect with those who died or fell victim to severe illness. The film's director Kim Tae-yong says the technology featured in the film is far from outrageous and signals something that's not too far away.  

“I wondered where our hearts will lead to [when experiencing a service like Wonderland],” director Kim said of the upcoming film “Wonderland” during an interview on Monday with a group of local reporters in central Seoul. 

The upcoming sci-fi fantasy film “Wonderland” takes place in a world where a technologically advanced AI video call service exists. Through the service, people can reconnect with the loved ones who passed away, or those who are too sick to interact, via video calls, which "reincarnate" the person they miss.  

"Wonderland" features a star-studded cast, including Kim's wife, actor Tang Wei, Suzy, Park Bo-gum, Jung Yu-mi and Choi Woo-shik. 

Director Kim Tae-yong of upcoming film ″Wonderland″ [ACEMAKER MOVIEWORKS]

Director Kim Tae-yong of upcoming film ″Wonderland″ [ACEMAKER MOVIEWORKS]

The film’s director Kim as well as actor Tang, who plays Baili, separately sat down with the press ahead of the film’s premiere on Wednesday. Kim explains that the film is about more than just technology and that it is about “human relationships.”

“The story is about how the prevalent AI technology changes the relationships between people,” Kim said.  

“I wanted the audience to think about how our human relationships will be formed after watching the film,” Kim added. “Our relationships are formed in various ways, and they also expand in unfamiliar directions, in terms of family and friends. I wanted the audience to question themselves on what they should do [when encountering such situations].”

The film seemed to have affected actor Tang as well, making her rethink her own personal relationships.

“There’s a scene showing Baili’s mother after she hangs up with Baili, where she seems very lonely,” Tang said. “After watching that scene, I thought that my actual mother could also be like that. So, I’m doing my best to spend as much time as I can with my mother and daughter.”

In the film, there are various narratives portrayed by the different characters. Each character, such as Tang's Baili, Suzy's Jung-in and Jung's Hae-ri, has their own storyline. The director was worried that the film's many narratives may confuse some audiences. 

A still from film ″Wonderland″ [ACEMAKER MOVIEWORKS]

Hide contents

“I wanted to show different cases of people under such circumstances. I was deeply concerned about this during the early production of the film, wondering if it was the right choice,” Kim said. “But the reason that I chose to showcase various narratives was because I didn’t want the film to focus on a single subject. So, I decided to present the different cases, showing each character's situation and emotions."

There were a lot of hardships during the production of the film, as production took four years before the film's release to the public, according to the director.

“The idea for the film started in 2016 with the question, ‘Will people become happy when they are able to meet the ones they've lost?’” Kim said. “After that, it took some years to develop the story. The shooting environment was not easy, as it was shot during the Covid-19 pandemic. Also there are so many scenes that needed computer-generated [CG] effects.”

“The film is almost 100 percent CG,” the director added.  

Tang also mentioned the CG effects. She said that when she was shooting, there was nothing on set, so she had to use her imagination while acting. 

Since it's a sci-fi film, some may think that the film is filled with science and technology concepts that would make it difficult to understand. But Kim pointed out that his film is not that difficult to understand at all. 

“Though it constantly talks about AI and my thoughts about it, it is just a story about human relationships.”  

“So, I just hope that the audience can enjoy the film,” Kim added.  

BY KIM JI-YE [kim.jiye@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/2024-06-03/entertainment/movies/Love-death-and-AI-Starstudded-cast-talks-to-lost-loved-ones-in-new-film-Wonderland-/2060632

*** I'm happy that Jinny's Kitchen is back with the second season. The regular crew have all returned – Park Seo Joon, Jung Yu Mi, and Choi Woo Sik – with a newbie, Go Minsi (except for V). Laughing when the first part of the preview showed them all glowing as if they were shooting a CF, and then cuts to them slumped on the floor in exhaustion.  :Megalol:      First episode airs June 28 on tvN.   :heart2:

screenshot_20240603_164826_youtube138772

Here are this year's top 10 most searched dramas in Korea

6. A Killer Paradox

A Killer Paradox is a crime thriller dark comedy starring Choi Woo Shik, Son Suk Ku, and Lee Hee Joon. The series centers on Lee Tang, who accidentally kills a serial killer and discovers a talent for identifying and eliminating unpunished evildoers. The show explores themes of justice and morality.

(skipped unrelated...)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/queen-of-tears-lovely-runner-more-secure-top-spot-on-most-searched-drama-in-korea-for-2024-list-inside-1313219

Watch: Lee Seo Jin Brings Authentic Korean Beef Bone Soup To Iceland With Star-Studded Team In “Jinny’s Kitchen 2” Teaser

20240606093141_Jinnys-kitchen-2-1.jpg?s=

The highly-anticipated variety show “Jinny’s Kitchen 2” has unveiled an exciting new teaser!

“Jinny’s Kitchen 2” is a show that explores the bustling operations of a Korean restaurant led by a dedicated boss and passionate employees.

This season, owner Lee Seo Jin, along with Jung Yu Mi, Park Seo Joon, Choi Woo Shik, and new staff member Go Min Si, open the restaurant’s second branch in Iceland, welcoming guests to experience the warmth of steaming hot gomtang, a traditional Korean beef bone soup, amidst the chilly winds of Iceland.

The newly released teaser begins with a look back at Lee Seo Jin’s unwavering passion and love for gomtang, which started ten years ago in the first season of “Three Meals a Day” in Jeongseon and has continued over the years to Spain and Gurye.

After much anticipation, Lee Seo Jin’s dream is realized in Iceland, where his gomtang is now an official menu item at the restaurant. His meticulous attention and dedication to the dish even prompted Choi Woo Shik to exclaim, “This is it!” after tasting it.

Check out the new teaser with English subtitles below!

“Jinny’s Kitchen 2” is set to premiere on June 28 at 8:40 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

*** "Wonderland" topped the domestic box office with more than 82,000 moviegoers as of Wednesday, according to the Korea Box Office Information System (Kobis).  On just the first day of its premiere in theaters, the film overthrew the initial top spot led by “Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga.”  As of Thursday morning, there are over 91,000 reservations made to watch “Wonderland.”   :Twerkdatbutt:

[Box office] Movies in theaters this week

20240606050202_0.jpg

“Wonderland”

(South Korea)

Opened June 5

Sci-fi/Drama

Directed by Kim Tae-yong

Wonderland, an artificial intelligence service that allows people to communicate with departed loved ones through simulated video calls, confuses Jeong-in (Suzy), as her comatose boyfriend Tae-joo (Park Bo-gum) wakes up from the hospital.

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20240606050206

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/2024-06-06/entertainment/movies/Wonderland-tops-domestic-box-office-on-opening-day/2062997

Director Kim Tae-yong's new film 'WONDERLAND': AI filling void left by humans

Z4XXESAAEBBMRELSA7USABUBOA.jpg

Director Kim Tae-yong (age 55) made a comeback 13 years after “Late Autumn” with the feature film “WONDERLAND.”

The plot revolves around using AI to resurrect the dead, enabling family members to reunite via video chat.

“WONDERLAND” is a moving family picture that tries to fill the absence left by the deaths of loved ones, even though it is seemingly a sci-fi movie. The movie, which debuted on June 5 and had a star-studded cast that included Park Bo-gum, Suzy, and Tang Wei, topped the box office.

“WONDERLAND” represents a virtual realm where unfulfilled aspirations can be realized. Bai Li (Tang Wei), an AI created to hide her death from her young daughter, becomes an archaeologist exploring deserts in the movie. Jeong-in (Suzy), mourning her comatose boyfriend Tae-ju (Park Bo-gum), transforms AI Tae-ju into an astronaut. Director Kim Tae-yong mentioned, “The story began with curiosity about how far we could accept AI family members or lovers,” adding, “I imagined a future where we might never have to say goodbye to anyone as AI technology advances.”

"WONDERLAND" director Kim Tae-yong/Courtesy of ACEMAKER MOVIEWORKS"WONDERLAND" director Kim Tae-yong/Courtesy of ACEMAKER MOVIEWORKS

- The movie has different family relationships, like an AI mother for a little girl and a silly AI grandson, which makes me think of your earlier work “Family Ties.”

“Last time the producer read the script, he said it was like an SF version of ‘Family Ties.’ When I filmed ‘Family Ties,’ I used to wonder what the limits of family were. Now, I’m interested in how far our connections can go by adding machines to them.”

- Watching this with family could lead to a lot of interesting discussions. It makes you think about asking for the job. How much does it cost?

“There was a “WONDERLAND White Paper, but it wasn’t shown in the movie. A joining fee of 2 million won (about $1,464) is needed to make your own virtual world. If you choose a plan after that, the monthly fee starts at 50,000 won (about $36.60).”

- The movie mostly leaves out scientific explanations. Some watchers who were hoping for more traditional sci-fi might be let down.

“The neuroscientists and physicists I talked to found it interesting how technology has changed ties between people. Instead of focusing on how scientifically possible something was, I wanted to look into how people feel and think about technology.”

- Why was physics necessary?

“We discussed how AI figures could discover their world isn’t real. A cinematic hypothesis is that in WONDERLAND, AI emotions are translated into physical phenomena. By observing the evolution of AI through emotions such as wrath, loneliness, and the desire for recognition, viewers ca glimpse how people grow.”

SKCVQAV7FJCBBMMYM6RGF2CVOE.jpgStill from "WONDERLAND"/Courtesy of ACEMAKER MOVIEWORKS

Director Kim Tae-Yong and his wife Tang Wei whom he met during “Late Autumn,” are reunited in this picture, which is also a family endeavor. The story drew from their experience as a dual-income foreign couple who frequently spoke over video calls. During the press preview, Tang Wei joked that the only change since “Late Autumn” was her weight. She also commended Kim for his unwavering patience, keen observation, and strong convictions, citing these as the reasons she still admires him.

- It has been reported that you and Tang Wei engage in an interminable amount of conversation at home.

“We deliberated on the appropriate level of human-likeness for Tang Wei to portray an AI and the most effective approach to ensuring that WONDERLAND was credible. Although it is difficult to communicate in Korean, Chinese, and English, it also prevents us from making our conversations pretentious with academic jargon.”

- As a wife, what is Tang Wei like?

“She is a diligent and energetic individual who is an actress, wife, and mother. I would characterize her as a friend if I were to select her most notable quality. Despite our age disparity, she treats me as a friend and, occasionally, as an older sibling.”

- Where would you go if you could utilize WONDERLAND?

“I would request that Tang Wei portray me as a film director who is shooting on Mars. I am frequently criticized for the excessive length of time it takes to produce a film. I would prefer to be a prolific director who releases a film on a monthly basis (laughter). It is conceivable that I would compose unconventional family narratives that incorporate both humans and extraterrestrials.

credit : Chosun Ilbo

*** I'm happy that Wonderland"  topped the overall box office upon its release. According to the number of actual visitors at CGV, “Wonderland” is garnering balanced support across all age groups, including those in their 20s (24%), 30s (25%), 40s (25%) and 50s (22%). It maintains the top spot in overall ticket reservations. I hope this will be a box office success. Audiences who watched “Wonderland” on its opening day expressed great satisfaction with the film. The film has received high praise for the performances of its actors, and some viewers are even planning multiple viewings, indicating an explosive response to the film.    :Fist1:

20240606093207175tsjm.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20240606093206773

*** According to figures released by the Korean Film Council,  "Wonderland" is the leader at the South Korean box office, having topped the competition in all three days of its release. "Wonderland" now has 297,845 overall admissions in its first three days as it heads into its first weekend.    :Twerkdatbutt:

credit : William Schwartz

***"Wonderland" 1st week of release : (the ticket sales status) - This means that the cumulative number of viewers in the first week of release for “Wonderland” was 468,759. In order for “Wonderland” to break-even, it needs to sell a total of 2.9 million tickets. I hope the movie will make the 1 million viewers mark this week.    :selfie:

• 2024-06-05. Day 1 (Wednesday) 82,875 people
  • 2024-06-06. Day 2 (Thursday) 136,228 people
  • 2024-06-07. Day 3 (Fri) 66,840 people
  • 2024-06-08. Day 4 (Sat) 97,871 people
  • 2024-06-09-. Day 5 (Sunday) 72,982 people 

source : https://theqoo.net/hot/3271134030

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2024.06.07 ~ 2024.06.09

credit : https://www.kobis.or.kr/kobis/business/main/main.do

photo1828973.jpg

Films Release date Week-end Total
1 "Wonderland" (원더랜드) 2024/06/05 237 759 468 764
2 "Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga"   187 909 1 418 611
3 "Following" (그녀가 죽었다) 2024/05/15 93 315 1 134 088
4 "The Roundup: Punishment" (범죄도시4) 2024/04/24 71 909 11 421 632
5 "BAD BOYS: RIDE OR DIE"   71 854 110 742
6 "The Plot" (설계자) 2024/05/29 52 172 501 887
7 "Detective Conan vs Kid the Phantom Thief" (名探偵コナン vs. 怪盗キッド)   44 038 87 601
8 "The Zone of Interest"   33 007 60 531
9 "The Garfield Movie"   26 861 330 677
10 "Haikyu!!: The Dumpster Battle" (劇場版 ハイキュー!! ゴミ捨て場の決戦)   22 437 625 887

*** Entries to the Seoul International Drama Awards 2024 have been submitted for consideration as nominees to this year’s competition. The nominees will be selected and announced in July. South Korea submitted 40 entries including “Queen of Tears, “Flex X Cop,” “Wonderful World,” “Revenant,” “Moving,” “A Killer Paradox,” “Chief Detective 1958,” “The Worst of Evil,” “A Shop for Killers”, "Lies Hidden in My Garden", "Doctor Slump", "Boyhood" and “Uncle Samsik.” The winners of the Seoul International Drama Awards 2024 will be presented at the awards ceremony on Sept. 25.     :kicks:

SDAA_58ae194db8.jpg

Watch: Lee Seo Jin, Choi Woo Shik, Park Seo Joon, And More Welcome Flood Of Customers In Latest "Jinny's Kitchen 2" Teaser

20240613180041_jinnys-kitchen-1.jpg?s=90

tvN’s “Jinny’s Kitchen 2” has unveiled a poster and new teaser ahead of its premiere!

“Jinny’s Kitchen 2” is a show that will explore the inner workings of a Korean restaurant led by a dedicated boss and passionate employees.

This time around, the second branch of the restaurant will open its doors in Iceland to greet guests. Boss Lee Seo Jin, along with Jung Yu Mi, Park Seo Joon, Choi Woo Shik, and new staff member Go Min Si, will be on hand to serve up steaming hot gomtang, a traditional Korean beef bone soup, amidst the chilly winds of Iceland. Their aim is to not only warm the cold but also melt the hearts of their customers.

The newly released poster depicts the exterior and surroundings of the restaurant in Iceland. Against the backdrop of snow-covered mountains, the restaurant stands out with its green roof and Lee Seo Jin’s gentle smile on the flag.

Jinnys-Kitchen-3.jpg

In the accompanying teaser, the staff members are initially concerned about their customer turnout due to unfavorable weather conditions. However, as if dispelling all their worries, once they open the restaurant, customers keep pouring in and form a queue to the point where the line of customers circles the restaurant.

Choi Woo Shik alerts the other staff members, saying, “We’re in so much trouble.” Lee Seo Jin also informs customers in the queue that there are no seats, heightening anticipation for how successful the restaurant will be this season.

Watch the full teaser video below!

“Jinny’s Kitchen 2” is set to premiere on June 28 at 8:40 p.m. KST.

‘Inside Out 2’ leads local box office, ‘Wonderland’ sits in second

Pixar animated film “Inside Out 2” is leading the local box office after its release this week, according to Korean Film Council data on Friday.

On Thursday, the movie attracted 135,782 moviegoers, bringing its accumulated admissions to 332,286 for two days.

20240614050438_0.jpg

Following “Inside Out 2” in the box office rankings is director Kim Tae-yong’s sci-fi fantasy “Wonderland.”

The movie, which opened here on June 5, revolves around people reuniting through artificial intelligence in the simulated virtual world called Wonderland.

Tang Wei, Suzy and Park Bo-gum star as characters seeking to see people they love but cannot meet anymore in the real world. Jung Yu-mi and Choi Woo-shik portray staff who support the AI service users in Wonderland. The movie features Suzy and Park as a young couple struggling to settle into a new life after Park's character suffers brain damage.

The movie was completed in 2020, but its release was delayed due to the pandemic. It is also the first movie between Tang and the director since they married in 2014. The two met when Tang starred in Kim’s 2010 English-language romance flick “Late Autumn.”

“Wonderland” has attracted 536,636 moviegoers as of the second week since the movie’s release.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20240614050411

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2024.06.14 ~ 2024.06.16

credit : https://www.kobis.or.kr/kobis/business/main/main.do

Films Release date Week-end Total
1 "Inside Out 2"   1 750 318 2 082 604
2 "Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga"   60 057 1 529 581
3 "Wonderland" (원더랜드) 2024/06/05 51 297 587 933
4 "Following" (그녀가 죽었다) 2024/05/15 30 804 1 196 514
5 "Drive" (드라이브) 2024/06/12 27 144 55 522
6 "Haikyu!!: The Dumpster Battle" (劇場版 ハイキュー!! ゴミ捨て場の決戦)   26 958 660 914
7 "The Zone of Interest"   26 201 108 226
8 "The Roundup: Punishment" (범죄도시4) 2024/04/24 23 005 11 469 572
9 "Night Fishing - Short" (밤낚시) 2024/06/14 16 189 16 613
10 "Tarot - The Movie" (타로) 2024/06/14 13 533 13 839

*** Choi Woo Shik was present at the AMI Paris show at Paris Fashion Week 2024. Choi Woo Shik graced the red carpet of Paris Fashion Week 2024’s 3rd day activities. He attended the spring/summer 2025 show for AMI Paris. He put-on all-black outfits provided by the brand. Choi Woo Shik stuns in all-black suit comprising a black oversized blazer and trousers. His look was simple yet represented the brand value. He flew to Paris, France on June 20.   :heart2:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8czwCSBGZa/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=4f7cab68-f48a-4b2d-bce5-bb87b4e1684e

Watch: Lee Seo Jin, Choi Woo Shik, Park Seo Joon, And More Flex Their Chef Skills In New "Jinny's Kitchen 2" Teaser

20240619115839_jinnys-kitchen-teaser.jpg

tvN’s “Jinny’s Kitchen 2” has unveiled a poster and fun new teaser!

“Jinny’s Kitchen 2” is a show that will explore the inner workings of a Korean restaurant led by a dedicated boss and passionate employees.

This time around, the second branch of the restaurant will open its doors in Iceland to greet guests. Boss Lee Seo Jin, along with Jung Yu MiPark Seo JoonChoi Woo Shik, and new staff member Go Min Si, will be on hand to serve up steaming hot gomtang, a traditional Korean beef bone soup, amidst the chilly winds of Iceland. Their aim is to not only warm the cold but also melt the hearts of their customers.

The newly released poster showcases the vibrant smiles of all five cast members, offering a glimpse of their tight-knit teamwork and family-like atmosphere.

Jinnys-Kitchen-2-poster.jpeg

The accompanying teaser introduces the distinct chefs of “Seojin Ttukbaegi.” This season, the focus shifts from “profit is king” to “customer is king,” with a new twist: the head chef changes daily.

First, Choi Woo Shik brings a playful energy as the head chef of the day, humorously noting, “You know the head chef doesn’t usually do much work, right?” while patting Lee Seo Jin on the back. Meanwhile, Jung Yu Mi, with eight years of experience from “Youn’s Kitchen,” “Youn’s Stay,” and “Jinny’s Kitchen,” impresses with her steady pace and supportive demeanor, showcasing her veteran skills.

Next, Park Seo Joon displays remarkable efficiency, managing six burners simultaneously, slicing ten green onions in one go, and adjusting faucets with both hands.

Newcomer Go Min Si captures attention with her enthusiasm, quick movements, and knack for finding tasks, earning praise from her seniors. Choi Woo Shik even jokes, “You practiced this, didn’t you?”

Finally, the video highlights Lee Seo Jin as a seasoned leader, expertly overseeing operations and managing the kitchen. Over time, the restaurant gains an unexpected surge of customers, with the line of customers even making a full lap. Jung Yu Mi comments, “I think we reached the highest profit ever, even surpassing ‘Youn’s Kitchen.'”

Watch the teaser below!

“Jinny’s Kitchen 2” is set to premiere on June 28 at 8:40 p.m. KST.

*** Sigh..... ‘Wonderland’ failed to attract even 1 million viewers and is on the verge of being pulled from theaters. Not only ‘Wonderland,’ but most Korean films released this summer are finding it hard to break even, with hardly any box office hits. With a significant drop in audience numbers, more theaters are closing due to significant losses.  :headbang: