Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

kujaichi said: Jajaaang! Valentine's Day project, step 1 of 2: complete! Thank you so much to everyone who participated - in the end I had almost 300 photos! :) Unfortunately, I didn't really think about the fact that I couldn't control so much which ones were actually used in the end, but I think that at least one photo of everyone is in... Or at least I really hope so >.< Due to various reasons (if you heard an earth-shattering scream earlier today... Don't worry, that was just me!), I unfortunately didn't manage to actually ship the poster today (which leaves me with one more night to think of something clever and meaningful to write :)) ), but the poster itself is made! :) Trust me, I was almost driven crazy, but more on that when I'm not on my phone anymore xD So, of course you wanna see it - here it comes! (The second pic has my feet so you can get an idea of the actual size ;) And unfortunately I can't turn it on my phone...) 
  Oh, and the colors actually look better in reality... No idea why some parts appear so greenish in the photo :/

babyviolets said:
Mind you, I call him jung suk oppa in my tweets!wahaha I call him Jung Suk oppa in my tweets to him too... Kekeke.

edit://

Thanks from me as well for your hard work, @kujaichi!!

Do you still need help composing a letter? Maybe we can work on it together? :D

Also, will we still be able to get a digital copy of the poster? :D

Guest kujaichi

kujaichi said:

That's even more embarrassing...! :\"> :\"> =))

I'm in a serious, deep emotional turmoil here and you're making fun of me... That's not okay! :))

but i was TOTALLY being serious when I suggested it!kkk

Mind you, I call him jung suk oppa in my tweets!wahaha

I just think, as a non-korean, the "uri" would be a bit much :))

But I think I'm probably settling for Jung Suk oppa indeed... I'm just a clueless foreigner anyway, it will be okay! XD

(I tend to worry too much about non-worry-worthy stuff, would you have guessed...?)

@akinahana89: God yes, help meee...! :))

Still got 2 hours or so to write something... Aii, I'm really bad at this xD

Ah, and when I'm home again tomorrow, everyone will get their digit copy :)

Guest kujaichi

Mission accomplished!

Just brought the poster to the post office :D

(And I even somehow managed to finish writing a little letter in time :)) )

@kujaichi

Chingu kumawo for your hard work, could you send me a copy too, it looked larger than I thought it would be, but it really came out well.

kujaichi said:  @akinahana89: God yes, help meee...! :)) Still got 2 hours or so to write something... Aii, I'm really bad at this xD Ah, and when I'm home again tomorrow, everyone will get their digit copy :) Ahah. Sorry, @kujaichi. At the time of your post, I was dead asleep at 3:30AM. lol. Time zones... Aigoo. :P I'm sure your letter was great though. Can't wait to see the full blown digital copy! Keke.

Guest kujaichi

SQUEEEEE!!

My Face Reader DVD came yesterday! :x :x :x

And dang, that box is really heavy xD

It contains a storybook and another, thinner book, which is the script, I assume - too bad I don't understand any Korean :))

And the postcards of course :x Though I still left them in the packaging - until I'm not so dead-tired anymore and can thoroughly appreciate them :D

The best thing is: I have no idea why, but the DVD even works with our DVD player! Well, at least the menu does, I'm just hoping for the main film... :))

Speaking of dead tired: I'm obviously at home again, but you guys still might have to wait for tomorrow for the digital copy, since I'm half dead from the weekend, sorry :\">

kujaichi said: SQUEEEEE!! My Face Reader DVD came yesterday! :x :x :x And dang, that box is really heavy xD It contains a storybook and another, thinner book, which is the script, I assume - too bad I don't understand any Korean :)) And the postcards of course :x Though I still left them in the packaging - until I'm not so dead-tired anymore and can thoroughly appreciate them :D The best thing is: I have no idea why, but the DVD even works with our DVD player! Well, at least the menu does, I'm just hoping for the main film... :)) Speaking of dead tired: I'm obviously at home again, but you guys still might have to wait for tomorrow for the digital copy, since I'm half dead from the weekend, sorry :\">

babyviolets said: hehe...what about it do you not like, akina?

I'm actually okay with it. Maybe the fact that this is loosely based on history helped me accept the story progression at face value.

Plus, I was never a fan of korean movies anyway, they seem to focus more on artistry than the smooth flow of the story.

Putting it in a spoiler in case someone lurking the thread hasn't seen the movie yet.

I liked the movie overall, but it made no sense to me when they said that Su Yang died from guilt. From the beginning, he's been the villain, showing no signs of remorse or guilt for all the things he has done. Why would he suddenly feel guilt after taking the throne? If anything, he should have became more and more evil since he had all that power to do what he wanted.

I also thought it was lackluster how the guy (I don't remember his name) got beheaded postmortem. lol.

Lastly, Kim Jongseo's death was so anti-climatic and unnecessary. I know they were trying to keep it true to history, but... who stands there defenseless and then walk towards all the swords and weapons held by his enemies?

hehe...what about it do you not like, akina?

I'm actually okay with it. Maybe the fact that this is loosely based on history helped me accept the story progression at face value.

Plus, I was never a fan of korean movies anyway, they seem to focus more on artistry than the smooth flow of the story.

Putting it in a spoiler in case someone lurking the thread hasn't seen the movie yet.

I liked the movie overall, but it made no sense to me when they said that Su Yang died from guilt. From the beginning, he's been the villain, showing no signs of remorse or guilt for all the things he has done. Why would he suddenly feel guilt after taking the throne? If anything, he should have became more and more evil since he had all that power to do what he wanted.

I also thought it was lackluster how the guy (I don't remember his name) got beheaded postmortem. lol.

Lastly, Kim Jongseo's death was so anti-climatic and unnecessary. I know they were trying to keep it true to history, but... who stands there defenseless and then walk towards all the swords and weapons held by his enemies?

Hehe...yeah, I get what you mean, but since I was too lazy to check up on the facts surrounding the premise of the story, I just took everything as part of history.

as for your last point though, I found that scene funny too, but I guess they just wanted to make the scene more dramatic, and to symbolise complete surrender.

all in all, I still consider it one of the best kmovies ive seen (that's not under the horror genre!lol). But then again, I haven't seen a lot.kkk

babyviolets said: Hehe...yeah, I get what you mean, but since I was too lazy to check up on the facts surrounding the premise of the story, I just took everything as part of history.

as for your last point though, I found that scene funny too, but I guess they just wanted to make the scene more dramatic, and to symbolise complete surrender.

all in all, I still consider it one of the best kmovies ive seen (that's not under the horror genre!lol). But then again, I haven't seen a lot.kkk

The basics were kept true to history, but it never said what Su Yang's reason of death was. It just seemed really contrived to gain sympathy from the viewers for the villain when it shouldn't be the case since he was nothing but a traitor and completely evil from the very beginning. If they had just said he died from disease, it'd be a lot more believable, especially considering he had been suffering from an illness when he was in China. If they really wanted to gain pity for him, then they should have embedded some semblance of guilt from Su Yang within the context of the movie, but there wasn't an ounce of that anywhere. A man who kills off countless people, goes back on his promise, and shoots down a young man in front of his father after giving them the false hope that he would spare them does not feel guilt.

And the scene of Jongseo's death would have been a lot more dramatic if there had been some real action involved. The symbolic representation of complete surrender still could have been done if Jongseo had actually put forth an effort to survive. He must have known how important it was for him to remain alive, just as Nae Kyung knew, so it seemed terribly out of character for him to just have given up so easily - almost like he didn't care at all about his future or the future of his country. Why would he put forth all that effort to help the young King keep his throne only to throw it all away just like that in the end? I doubt the death of Jongseo really went down so simply in real history.

I'm not saying that the movie was horrible. It was actually really good, but these were just some of the flaws I saw that I couldn't ignore. To me, they are major flaws that completely ruined the ending of the movie for me. I can accept that it wasn't a happy ending. I can accept the deaths of all those people. I can accept the consequences of Nae Kyung's talent and Paeng Heon's naivety, but I can't accept the random interjection of Su Yang's humanity when he never displayed any and the way Jongseo was killed without any effort or means of defending himself, or even making an effort to do that. If anything, he was one of the most important people in the movie, so it doesn't make any sense for his death to have happened that way.

Hi Chingu! I'm hitting all the threads, so please disregard if you've already seen this.  I made the MV below for uri @Jill Jung, but it's dedicated to all of you. It features IU & Jo Jung Suk, but what's really important is the message...generally speaking.  
Hope you all enjoy it.

@akinahana89 @babyvioletsfrom what i read and knew, Su Yang die coz of skin desease. maybe like a skin cancer in our time. but he also bear a guilt feeling at the end of his life. he keep dreaming of his niece that he kill also his brother. if you watch The Princess Man you can see how he was sick at the end of the story. he started paying all his sin since he still alive. his son die early and he never hv a heir to take his throne. 

Guest kujaichi

Yeah, someone like ME! :))

@babyviolets: Well, I was positively surprised, since the estimated length of shipping was 3 weeks, and I got it after ca one :)

Guess customs wasn't too interested in it :))