Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

Here's the last part of the english translation for JJS's article from the Japanese magazine "韩流ぴあ" c/o @lovedcd at JoU Thread

Part 2.2 of 140122 Japanese mag“韩流ぴあ" (Part 2.1 @pg853):

Began acting with the ultimate goal of becoming a movie actor

While I began my acting career in musicals, it is not intended to just become a musical top star.
It has been my ambition to become a professional actor. It is a fact that becoming a movie actor has always been my goal. Musicals, dramas, earlier movie roles, all served as foundations to achieve this goal. With my involvement in musicals, I was able to join various events and performances; where directors and writers looked positively on my acting. This eventually led to being cast in “What’s up”. Thereafter, I decided to take a break from musicals to take on the challenge of acting in dramas and movies.

Wide acting range and active acting participation allows an actor to grow, thus realizing dream. When was the turning point in his acting career?

Firstly, I love all the roles and productions that I was in. I debuted in Nutcracker, and then through Grease, people started to recognize CJS, the actor. Subsequently, “Le Passe Muraille” was the first production I did without needing an audition. In Charlie Brown, I’d undertaken my first musical lead. They were all very meaningful productions that were close to my heart. After which, the opportunity to participate in “Hedwig” allowed me to mature as an actor.

The turning point in my acting career came with my role in “Architecture 101”.

A relationship adviser to his friend in “Architecture 101”, this comical role was extremely well received. Have you been such to your friends for real?
Since I cannot even control my own love department, I am in no position to offer any such advice to my friends. However, when I was a student, I had a girlfriend while 1 of my friends did not. I recall an occasion where I confidently said to him: “Your behavior is terrible! You should either make yourself attractive, or emulate me!”
My character in “A101” was absolutely fictional and I simply acted out the role accordingly. I have never had such experience. Haha!

==end Part 2.2.

Guest kujaichi

@babyviolets @akinahana89 @yoeda @mumfu @meahri66 @suchadiva42 @tiendoank @smmr @airbening @mumfu @mluv1 @Olga2010Ans @dekka @samsooky @gijoe8 @edensor @jjsiu @Jill Jung @the girl who @sukiu @9jill9 @Annie Chen @ituaku @jjsweeter0211 @Ayame @junemoonstone @ebullience @rubie @jsping @biruCHOCOLATE @moon89 @patricedee @forevergirl @sugar @soulofJunKi @satsuki92 @thalia01 @mashael @christine86 @sb24 @shymaldita28 @jolie_coeur @alysanne @RJL @mihaella75 @snowflakesj16 @septmoon16 @megumi08 @bearpaws @denise31 @jieun96 @jihanjannah @layali @angelangie @beanshpy @momono7 @lindab12 @everyone else

Reminder

Deadline for the VDay project is tomorrow!

Actually I got very few submissions yet... But I let everyone know that their pics arrived, so if you actually did send me a mail already and you didn't get any feedback yet, please try again or drop me a PM here or something :)

Guest kujaichi

Eek...!

I completely forgot to think about what to write in the letter (because just sending the poster without any explanation would be a little bit weird, wouldn't it...? :)) )

Gah, gotta start thinking... NOW!

(You know, if anyone has suggestions... *whistle*)

kujaichi said: Eek...! I completely forgot to think about what to write in the letter (because just sending the poster without any explanation would be a little bit weird, wouldn't it...? :)) ) Gah, gotta start thinking... NOW! (You know, if anyone has suggestions... *whistle*) You can explain in the letter why we chose to do a mosaic poster for him. :)

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 18px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; font-size: 36px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.62em; vertical-align: baseline; letter-spacing: 1px; overflow: hidden;"What’s Up Press ConferenceKaede Jun 6 December, 2011 Korean Drama

cast3_whatsup.jpg

What’s Up premiered this past weekend on MBN, a new cable channel that’s trying to take a slice of the Big Three Broadcasters’ pie. I’ll save my thoughts on the first two episodes for another post, but here are some photos from the press conference. While usually the press conference is done a week before it airs, it looks like this one was recently held – on December 6 in the afternoon, Seoul time.

As for the man of the hour? Looks to be Daesung, who’s making his first big appearance since his car accident back in May. Oh Man Seok, Jo Jung Suk, and Im Joo Eun attended to represent the actors with screenwriter Song Ji Na and director Song Ji Won.

cast_whatsup.jpg

cont...
cr:kaedejun

Whats Up review cr to thefangirlverdict
WU16

KIM BYUNG GUN (JO JUNG SUK)

Jo Jung Suk turned in a solid, heartfelt performance as Byung Gun, who struggled to overcome his extreme stage fright for the sake of his love for singing.

As he does with every single one of his roles – most memorably for me, in his turn as Eun Shi Kyung in The King 2 Hearts – Jo Jung Suk gave Byung Gun’s personality facets that probably weren’t even in the script. His Byung Gun was shy and quiet in front of everyone else, but brassy and even a little cocky when he was on his own.

WU19

[MINOR SPOILER ALERT]

A small little scene which brings out the duality in his personality is when a truck whooshes a little too close to Byung Gun for comfort one evening while he’s blithely half-skipping, half-dancing his way back to the dorm. He starts to boldly scold and nag at the driver, who clearly can’t hear him, but when the truck stops and starts to reverse in his direction, his self-righteous scolding peters down to a squeak, and he fidgets desperately as he wishes that he could find a place to hide.

So cute.

[END MINOR SPOILER]

WU17

As the show progressed, I enjoyed seeing his saucy side peeking out every now and again in his interactions with the others, and one of my favorite plot-lines in the entire show was how Byung Gun overcame his stage fright to finally sing in front of other people.

cont...

final-est part of the 140122 Japanese mag “韩流ぴあ"  article featuring JJS c/o @lovedcd:
As you can see, the left columns are unclear/obscured due to folding.  As a result, possible errors and omissions are regretted.++Like water in motion, there’s no fixed form, is what I would like to demonstrate

In 2012, A101 n K2H were screened over the same period, n CJS’ name became more popular.  In 2013, you acted along IU as leads in “YTBLSS”, and TFR was your first shot in saguek; looking back in this past year, are there any other unforgettable events?
I bought a house for my mum, helped her make it into a warm home; which was a very important event, and made me feel truly blessed. In addition, due to “TFR”, my wins as the Best Supporting Actor in the Daejong awards and the Korean Association of Film Critics’ Awards in 2013 made me very happy.
(P.S.: The above also appeared in the earlier Part1/Q n A pg as bonus, but in a slightly varied style)

The movie TFR achieved >9m viewership in S.K., did you have a hunch that you would win an award?
In fact, I did not expect or anticipate winning any awards; but I guess everyone would think “It would be nice if I can win an award”. When I actually won, I was overjoyed, yet embarrassed. It felt like “Show us your better form and performance”. Truly grateful to the audience and all staff/crew. I shall work hard to present superior performances in my future projects, in order not to disappoint those who supported me.

Latest movie “Yeokrin” - another historical movie - is expected to be released in SK this spring (May’14). Reasons for accepting role …
I received some disapproval from those around me, to have chosen 2 consecutive saguek productions.  However, I found this script very interesting. The story adopts King jeongjo’s power struggle as background, with my role as an assassin. I was attracted to the role after reading the script, and immediately thought of how best to project my role in it.  In addition, the fact that K2H’s Director Lee Jae Kyu, is also the Director of Yeokrin, was also a reason that led my decision.

When choosing a production, I pay attention to the essential tools of completion e.g.: as long as the script is interesting, regardless of scale or genre, I will still participate.

I would like to explore a terrifying villainous role; also try a sweet romantic comedy that palpitates and touches the heart.

In K2H n YTBLSS ~ words unclear/obscured, many believe that CJS the actor can digest an amusing character well or transform a supporting role positively, which I am sincerely thankful of the praise and appreciation. I would like to be an ever changing actor, just as water in motion, with no fixed form.

If it’s possible, I would like to challenge everything related to being a professional actor, in order to see what would become of me in them. 

Currently, there are no plans to be in any variety program to promote CJS’ acting/activities.
CJS has no confidence in variety programs … 
Due to my honesty, I am easily exposed. When not acting, I am unable to pretend to be a drama character, and think about ways to amuse the audience.  Participating in varieties is a blow to my confidence.  Everybody has his/her limits, and I have no intention of exposing mine. Haha! That’s the reason why I do not choose to go on variety programs.

Plans this year
I’ll probably return to the stage with 1 musical production, since I miss the musical stage. 
I’ll also consider a drama.

I hope you will continue to love and pay attention to my various activities.

==end of 2pg (excl 7QnA)Jmag article

@kujaichi I sent you a PM a couple of hours ago so I'm assuming everything is fine... off to bed I go good night all...it's 10:30pm here I need to rest..night night.

Guest kujaichi

That's even more embarrassing...! :\"> :\"> =))

I'm in a serious, deep emotional turmoil here and you're making fun of me... That's not okay! :))

Guest kujaichi

Jajaaang!

Valentine's Day project, step 1 of 2: complete!

Thank you so much to everyone who participated - in the end I had almost 300 photos! :)

Unfortunately, I didn't really think about the fact that I couldn't control so much which ones were actually used in the end, but I think that at least one photo of everyone is in... Or at least I really hope so >.<

Due to various reasons (if you heard an earth-shattering scream earlier today... Don't worry, that was just me!), I unfortunately didn't manage to actually ship the poster today (which leaves me with one more night to think of something clever and meaningful to write :)) ), but the poster itself is made! :)

Trust me, I was almost driven crazy, but more on that when I'm not on my phone anymore xD

So, of course you wanna see it - here it comes!

(The second pic has my feet so you can get an idea of the actual size ;) And unfortunately I can't turn it on my phone...)

ymr5.jpg

2ifp.jpg

Oh, and the colors actually look better in reality... No idea why some parts appear so greenish in the photo :/