Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

babyviolets said: awwww....
now that makes me even more guilty!wahahaha
so sorry oppa, wishing you and gummy all the best oppa!!!
lol Hahaha. I was originally going to say something in response to that article, but then I realized it wouldn't be appropriate here because it's the wrong thread! LOL.

akinahana89 said: class="content-title"Gummy Reveals She Sang Her New Song While Imagining Breaking Up With Jo Jung Suk

When asked, “Don’t you think Jo Jung Suk will be sad to hear that?” Gummy replied while laughing, “I saw a lot too, so I think he’ll be fine. I saw ‘My Love, My Bride” and everything.”

Meanwhile, Gummy released her first remake album, “Fall in Memory,” on April 17.

Source: Soompi

@meahri66
I haven't watched My Love, My Bride from beginning to end yet (because his skinship with SMA is not something I can fully handle yet), but I've skipped around to see a few glimpses of the movie here and there. I think, from what I saw, it's probably not going to be THAT bad... but I'm still avoiding it right now. ;)

But really, I think if Gummy and JJS have that high level of trust, which it seems like they do, then she would be okay with watching him onscreen with another woman.

@babyviolets
Wahahaha. Maybe we should move that over to JoU thread then. LOL.

@akinahana89 I'm sure you're right. If Gummy also visited the set and became or already was acquaintances or friends with SMA, that would have also made it possible for her to endure watching JJS with another woman. Anyway, as I've said previously, I'm definitely happy for him but am still not used to imagining him outside of JoU and with anyone else. What I find really strange, however, is that I can definitely picture uri IU with others, but I can't seem to do that with JJS. Why is that?!?! It doesn't seem fair but I can't seem to pinpoint the reason I seem to be a little more inflexible with JJS. Thoughts? Does anyone else feel the same way?

akinahana89 said: @meahri66
I haven't watched My Love, My Bride from beginning to end yet (because his skinship with SMA is not something I can fully handle yet), but I've skipped around to see a few glimpses of the movie here and there. I think, from what I saw, it's probably not going to be THAT bad... but I'm still avoiding it right now. ;)

But really, I think if Gummy and JJS have that high level of trust, which it seems like they do, then she would be okay with watching him onscreen with another woman.

@babyviolets
Wahahaha. Maybe we should move that over to JoU thread then. LOL.

@meahri66
I'm kind of the same way. I don't really think I'm "okay" with pairing IU up with other people, but I find that it's more tolerable imagining her with someone else in a drama versus imagining JJS with someone else (or, I guess, no imagination required in regards to Gummy). I'm not sure why that is either, actually. lol. I just know that I'm so dedicated and devoted to JoU, that I can't imagine anyone else being able to take its place.

(BTW, I think this belongs more in JoU thread than JJS thread. lol)

But, of course, I am really happy that JJS is in a loving, happy, trustworthy relationship right now. It's just going to take a long time to get used to... and it's also going to be a tough battle with my guilt as I still hold out my ever faithful hope for our JoU. lol.

@babyviolets
I'll post the article, but you can start the conversation. :P Because I've got another thought in mind that I've been working on verbalizing!

Annyeong Haseyo Yeorobun!  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  
Just checking in to see how everyone's doing. In an effort to support JJS (I really wish I could call him oppa like the rest of you.  :(  ), I've been doing some research on Gummy and checking out her music, videos and any articles about her so that I can really start thinking of them as a couple.  As of yet, this approach doesn't seem to be working for me. While I automatically think of JJS having a signficant other, I still can't seem to wrap my head around his partner being Gummy. I still see him as JJS (just not single), and Gummy as Gummy...but not as JJS & Gummy. Am hoping this will resolve itself once I see them together and interacting like a couple. How about you guys? @babyviolets @kaijaichi @yoeda @dekka @akinahana89 and everyone else? Any difficulties at all?  I realize it's probably just time that I need to get used to him being part of a pair. Okay. I know that's a weird statement considering it was easy to consider him as 1/2 of JoU, but that was a dynamic or partnership we were able to able to observe over the course of 8+ months and 50 episodes.

meahri66 said: Annyeong Haseyo Yeorobun!  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  
Just checking in to see how everyone's doing. In an effort to support JJS (I really wish I could call him oppa like the rest of you.  :(  ), I've been doing some research on Gummy and checking out her music, videos and any articles about her so that I can really start thinking of them as a couple.  As of yet, this approach doesn't seem to be working for me. While I automatically think of JJS having a signficant other, I still can't seem to wrap my head around his partner being Gummy. I still see him as JJS (just not single), and Gummy as Gummy...but not as JJS & Gummy. Am hoping this will resolve itself once I see them together and interacting like a couple. How about you guys? @babyviolets @kaijaichi @yoeda @dekka @akinahana89 and everyone else? Any difficulties at all?  I realize it's probably just time that I need to get used to him being part of a pair. Okay. I know that's a weird statement considering it was easy to consider him as 1/2 of JoU, but that was a dynamic or partnership we were able to able to observe over the course of 8+ months and 50 episodes.

@babyviolets   Whew. Am feeling a bit better after reading your post. I've been wondering why I can't seem to warm up to her. And it's not that I dislike her at all. In fact, after watching some of her performances, I find myself impressed and can see why music is one of the primary forces that draws them together (a fact that none of us should be surprised about).  And yet when I think of them both, I feel.............nothing.
Your theory totally makes sense. Since we still have yet to visually see tangible evidence (actual footage or photos rather than news articles or reports) of their relationship, it still doesn't seem real.
By the way, I think it's amazing that there's no trace of anything on these two at all prior to the news of their relationship breaking on February 2nd (I mean PR-wise). And correct me if I'm wrong, but outside of that original breaking news that indicated both their agencies confirming the relationship, I've mainly only come across articles of Gummy speaking about JJS and their relationship. I really haven't come across any articles yet of JJS speaking out. This might be because I haven't dug deep enough as there was a TON of media that picked up the original story.
Do you think this might just be a cover up for an even bigger story???  Perhaps he's actually dating someone else??? ;);)
LOL...Just kidding.  
:)) :)) :))
edit:For some reason, I feel like someone else already made this joke and I'm just late to the party.  :|

hahaha

Most shippers are still clinging on that thought too @meahri66 , me included! lol

I'm guessing the reason why we've only been hearing from gummy's camp is because gummy is currently promoting her album.

also the release of their dating news may having something to do with their shift in agency? maybe the previous agency didn't feel confident about allowing release of that statement, or maybe they requested to hold the release of the article until mlmb promotions are over as it might affect the performance of the film, especially considering this is jjs' s first lead role in a movie and its success will reflect his bankability as an actor. after all, there's proof that some people who worked with them were aware of the relationship before the news broke out, like brian (of ftts) mentioned in an interview, so they were not exactly hiding it.

• Like 1

Guest halves in unison
tt10248826fltt.gif
tumblr_mzlaulQMHu1sekdfgo1_1280.png 

Name:  조정석 / Jo Jung Suk (Cho Jeong Seok)
Birthdate: 1980-Dec-26
Star sign: Capricorn
Height: 175cm
Weight: 64kg
Blood type: AB
Profession: Actor
Education: Seoul Institute of the Arts – Theatre (undergraduate)
Agency: Dreamstar Entertainment (2004-2015)
         Culture Depot Agency (2015- present)
Years Active: 2004-present 

Jo Jung-suk (born December 26, 1980) is a South Korean actor. He was admitted into the Theater department of Seoul Institute of the Arts on student loan, but after his father died in 2000, Jo's widowed mother became fully dependent on him. He was granted an exemption from military service due to family circumstances, and he quit school before graduating so he could start earning money by doing musicals. He debuted in The Nutcracker in 2004.

f3yo.jpg
cr pic from Joie's JJS Vday gift project (c/o kujaichi)

tt10248827fltt.gif

tumblr_n00cxtpuet1sekdfgo4_r1_500.png

FILM

<2012> Architecture 101 – Naebddukki
<2012> Almost Che - Hwang Young-min / Kang Moon-mo
<2013> The Face Reader - Paeng-heon
<2014> King’s Wrath - Eul-soo 

<2014> My Love, My Bride - Kim Young-min

<2015> Time Renegade ***upcoming

DRAMA

<2011-2012> (MBN) What’s Up? – Kim Byung-gun
<2012> (MBC) The King 2 Hearts – Eun Shi-kyung
<2013> (KBS) You’re the Best ,Lee Soon Shin – Shin Joon-ho

THEATRE

<2004> The Nutcracker
<2005> Nunsense A-men – Sister Mary Leo
<2005-2006> Grease – Roger
<2006> 벽을뚫는 남자 – 신문찰이
<2006> Kingdom of the Wind – Ho-dong
<2006> You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown – Charlie Brown
<2006-2007> Hedwig and the Angry Inch – Hedwig
<2007> All Shook Up – Chad
<2007> First Love – Hae-soo
<2007> Pump Boys and Dinettes – Jim
<2007-2008> Le Passe-Muraille – Newsvendor
<2008> Evil Dead – Ash
<2008> Organ in My Heart – Kang Dong-soo
<2008> Janggeun the Great – Jo Gwang-jo
<2008-2009> Hedwig and the Angry Inch – Hedwig
<2009> The Island – John
<2009-2010> Spring Awakening – Moritz

<2010-2011> True West – Austin
<2011> Hedwig and The Angry Inch – Hedwig

<2014> Blood Brothers - Mickey

tumblr_n00cxtpuet1sekdfgo5_r4_250.jpg

tumblr_n00cxtpuet1sekdfgo10_r2_250.jpg

tt10248829fltt.gif

tumblr_n00cxtpuet1sekdfgo3_r5_400.png

<2005> Grease cast recording
<2006> Hedwig and the Angry Inch cast recording – “Sugar Daddy”
                                                                                    “Angry Inch”
<2006>벽을뚫는 남자 cast recording
<2006> You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown cast recording
<2007> Seoul Institute of the Arts Graduation Movie (Era of Loss) OST
<2007> Kingdom of the Wind cast recording

<2007> All Shook Up cast recording

<2007> First Love cast recording -      "첫사랑"
                                                            "멋진키스"
                                                            "아버지가 좋아요"
                                                            "너의 바다는"
                                                            "하지만 나는 안가"
                                                            "해수의 바다"
                                                            "아직 늦지 않았어"
                                                            "사랑해 언제까지나"

<2008> Organ in My Heart cast recording - " 마음의 풍금"
                                                                     "나의 사랑 수정(Love Thema)"
                                                                     "웃는이유"
                                                                     "나비의 "
                                                                     "아가씨"
                                                                     "봄이다 그치"
                                                                     "커피향"
                                                                     "응급처치"
                                                                     "소풍"
                                                                     "때려쳐"
                                                                     ""
                                                                     "홍연이  왔어요"
                                                                     "Springtime"

<2011> Hedwig and the Angry Inch cast recording - "Tear Me Down"
                                                                                   "Wig in a Box"

<2012> Almost Che OST - "푸른옷소매"
<2012> What’s Up? OST - "Might Gonna"
                                            "이루어진다"
                                            "With You"
<2013> You’re The Best , Lee Soon Shin – “완전 사랑해요 (I Totally Love You)” 

tumblr_n00cxtpuet1sekdfgo7_r3_250.jpg

tumblr_n00cxtpuet1sekdfgo8_r2_250.jpg

tt10248832fltt.gif

tumblr_n05yxjZZNk1sekdfgo1_500.png

<2007> 13th Korea Musical Awards - Best New Actor - Nominated          
<2008> 14th Korea Musical Awards - Best New Actor (Organ In My Heart) -          Won    
<2009> 15th Korea Musical Awards - Best Supporting Actor (Spring Awakening) - Won   
<2009> 3rd The Musical Awards - Best Actor - Nominated          
<2010> 4th The Musical Awards - Best Supporting Actor (Spring Awakening) - Won       
<2012> 6th Mnet 20's Choice Awards - 20's Booming Actor (Architecture 101/The King 2 Hearts) - Won    
<2012> 21st Buil Film Awards -  Best New Actor (Architecture 101) - Nominated  
<2012> 49th Grand Bell Awards - Best New Actor (Architecture 101) - Nominated 
<2012> 5th Style Icon Awards - New Icon - Won
<2012> 33rd Blue Dragon Film Awards - Best New Actor (Architecture 101) - Won
<2012> 20th Korean Culture and Entertainment Awards - Best New Actor (Architecture 101) - Won
<2012> MBC Drama Awards- Best New Actor (The King 2 Hearts) - Nominated    
<2013> 4th KOFRA Film Awards (Korea Film Reporters Association) - Best New Actor (Architecture 101) - Won    
<2013> 49th Baeksang Arts Awards - Best New Actor for TV (The King 2 Hearts) - Nominated      
<2013> 50th Grand Bell Awards - Best Supporting Actor (The Face Reader) – Won
<2013> 34th Blue Dragon Film Awards – Best Supporting Actor (The Face Reader) - Nominated    
<2013> 33rd Korean Association of Film Critics (KAFC) Awards Best Supporting Actor (The Face Reader) – Won

<2013> KBS Drama Awards – Excellence Award, Actor in Serial Drama (You’re the Best, Lee Soon Shin) – Won
<2013> KBS Drama Awards – Best Couple *with IU (You’re the Best, Lee Soon Shin) – Won
<2014>50th Grand Bell Awards – Most Popular Actor for TV (You’re the Best, Lee Soon Shin) – Nominated

tt10248833fltt.gif

<2012> Lotte Buon Gelato Ice Cream ( 15 sec cut30 sec cutCF FullBTS)
<2012> Lotte Hot 6 Energy Drink (part 1part 2part 3BTS)
<2012> LG U Plus LTE ( part 1part 2)
<2012> Hyundai Santafe BlueLink (part 1part 2part 3)
<2013> Nongsim Dungji Ramen (CF BTS )
<2014> Hi Mart (CFBTS)

tt10248835fltt.gif

<2007> Seoul Institute of the Arts Graduation Movie (Era of Loss) – cameo appearance
<2007> John Cameron Mitchell Hedwig Concert - performer
<2009> The 3rd Musical Awards - Ambassador
<2010> Hey (korean singer) 3rd album teaser for “Vegetable Love” – special appearance
<2011> 어서5 Show Concert - performer
<2012> Taiwan Honorary Ambassador for Tourism ( full vid;BTS)
<2012> Good Downloader Campaign ambassador (vidint JJS cutBTS)
<2012> MBC Special (The Most Beautiful Week) Story
<2012> Cult 홀랑적 Show

tt10248836fltt.gif

- You’re The Best , Lee Soon Shin – “완전 사랑해요 (I Totally Love You)” (Official MV)
- JJS Birthday Gift from Joie (soompi fanclub)

tt10249915fltt.gif
***under construction***

- Articles from SOOMPI

- Articles from enewsworld

- Articles from dramabeans

- Articles from kdramastars

- Articles from HanCinema

-Translations from @Ayame

-Translations from @LoveDcd

[20130924] Tenasia article (original)
[20131109] ChoJungSeok twitter update 
[20131203] Glory of Youth lecture – (IU bit rough translation )
[20140122] Japanese mag “韩流ぴあ" article (Part 1Part 2Part 3Part 4)
[20140214] Marcy's Blog review for JJS first Japanese fanmeet (Entry 1Entry 2Entry 3extra)

tt10248837fltt.gif

- His favourite colour is blue
- His nickname among his friends is ‘Actor Jo’
- He’s a 3rd Dan in Taekwondo
- Has a dog named “Rakku” who he affectionately refers to as his daughter
- He is the youngest of 4, with 1 sister and 2 older brothers. He had such a large age gap from his eldest sister (19 years) that he thought she was his mother when he was young. Age gap between his brothers    are 15 and 10 years, respectively. 
- He used to put on a show for his mother every Sunday morning, dancing to Michael Jackson hits
- He was part of a high school dance group called “Ice Ice Baby”, named after the title of the first song they mastered
- Initially planned to be a classic guitar major, but failed the entrance exam 3x before deciding to take theatre instead
- Got interested into theatre by watching church productions and his parish priest was the one who encouraged him to take theatre as his major.
- First ideal girl he mentioned was CL from 2NE1. He even asked Daesung (who he worked with in What’s Up?) to give him her autograph
- He is the actor known to have portrayed Hedwig the most number of times in South Korea, having played the role in 3 different productions.
- Sang “Girl” in the drama King 2 Hearts, although it was never included in the OST
- Unofficially released a duet with his YTBLSS co-star, IU, titled “Beautiful Song”
- Reported to be dating Gummy since 2013

cr: info - various sites
     thread starter - nina (the girl who) 
     *took over thread ownership on January 2014*

Honestly, I don't study much about Gummy after the news broke out. I keep imagining some idol face that I know name Gumi from girl group. lol. So, I can't say or comment much with my knowledge about her. kkk. since JJS is dating her, I just what I'm really expert like usual 'just wait and see'. LOL. I'm wishing him and Gummy a really big happiness. I'm happy if he's happy with Gummy.
Btw, I'm really missing him on small screen. Common, it's 2 years already oppa. :(( :((

yoeda said: Honestly, I don't study much about Gummy after the news broke out. I keep imagining some idol face that I know name Gumi from girl group. lol. So, I can't say or comment much with my knowledge about her. kkk. since JJS is dating her, I just what I'm really expert like usual 'just wait and see'. LOL. I'm wishing him and Gummy a really big happiness. I'm happy if he's happy with Gummy.
Btw, I'm really missing him on small screen. Common, it's 2 years already oppa. :(( :((

OMG!!!

This just in!!!

Park Bo Young and Jo Jung Suk Confirmed for “Oh My Ghost”

Park Bo Young and Jo Jung Suk Confirmed for “Oh My Ghost”

Actors Park Bo Young and Jo Jung Suk have been confirmed as the leads in the upcoming tvN drama, “Oh My Ghost.”

Previously, it was reported that Park Bo Young was in talks to star in the Friday-Saturday cable drama. It was reported on May 6 that she has been confirmed to appear in “Oh My Ghost.” It will be her first leading role in a drama.

“Oh My Ghost” will be an “occult romance” piece about a clumsy and shy kitchen assistant Na Bong Sun, played by Park Bo Young, who is haunted by a lustful virgin ghost. Jo Jung Suk will play an arrogant star chef named Kang Sun Woo, who Na Bong Sun works for.

The drama is being produced by the team behind “High School King of Savvy.” It will premiere in July on tvN.

cr : soompi