[Drama 2012] Queen In-hyun’s Man 인현왕후의 남자

Guest Iviih

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

OHMYGOSH. I can't believe that I waited for more than a year to watch Queen In-hyun's Man. I feel like slapping myself for dragging it that long. D: I just finished watching the whole drama a few minutes ago and I feel so mind-blown. The writing was really good and the casts did a great job in it. Other than that, JHW and YIN's chemistry is cray craaaay. It's so natural and strong that I had no worries about their performance at all. It's no wonder that they got together in real life. There's no denying their chemistry there. This has just made into my all-time favourite kdrama. *nods

PS: Is this thread dead? *poke**poke*

Not dead at all... just very quiet!!!! Glad to know that people are still watching. I still can't get over it.  I really loved this drama too.  I recently finished it for the....... umteenth time.  I tend to watch dramas over and over again...  I want to eat spagetti like that when I have my namja chingu. ^^ but oh well...  I think that as people rediscover this drama, they'll find the oldies here too.  Glad to know that people are still watching it!!!!  It is one of my absolute top dramas ever!!!! ^^

• 4 weeks later...

My plan is to re-watch QIHM after Secret Love Affair is over - I think I will need the sunshine and sweetness and reasonable people and kindness and laughter and happy ending at that point.
There are so many delightful scenes in this drama, it is really hard to pick a favorite. In terms of story arc, I like the car scene the best because it was then that KBD realized he could not let her go. He gave her what amounted to a proposal, but because she is modern she didn't really get it. In that one scene, what brings them together and what keeps them apart was all laid out.
In terms of acting, two scenes blew me away: when KBD was writing his letter, and then in the final act when CHJ is getting her memories back, in the car and then when she collapses in the rain. Fabulous job.

I'm not watching Secret Love Affair, but after 3 Days and 14 Days, I think I'm going to need it too.  I absolutely love their interatctions!!! 
@skelly--what you said about the 'car' scene makes sense.  If he considered her his 'wife' already, then the reuniting scenes in episode 11-12 make a lot more sense.  I always felt that he considered himself married to her, but could never pinpoint the exact moment.  You defined that for me.  Thanks!!!  I wish they'd do a special.... of them flying to Italy in order to go to Florence.  More spagetti!  But, oh well.  Still.  It's awesome. :D

Hi I know this is really late but I recently finished watching Queen In Hyun's man. I didn't watch this when it aired due to real life obligations but I really enjoyed it. Such an adorable couple. I was totally rooting for them all the way. 
Kim Boong Do was a breath of fresh air. We need more sweet and genuinely nice male leads in dramaland. I also really loved Choi Hee Jin. She is also wonderful. I love how confident she is herself and how she fights for the man she loves. I will admit the ending was little underwhelming how the cell phone ringing somehow called him back. But I still enjoyed the show.
I am in love with the OST song I'm Going to Meet You too by Deok Hwan. It's so lovely. I recommended this show to one of my real life friends who just started watching dramas and she loved it too. It makes me really happy the main couple is a real life couple. I will definitely re-watch this show in the future. I hope everyone has a nice day. Thank you.  

Amy said: Hey fellow QIHM fans :-h I wish we could go back to the live spazzing of our couple, it's so quiet down here
What's everyone been up to in dramaland? Any plot worthy dramas worth the watch? I'll trust your judgement because we now aware of the true kdrama potential :-B so we're a lot more critical - at least I know I now am

Guest InSuW

It was a mistake to cast Yoo In Na in "You Who Came from the Stars."  In Na kept reminding me how much better she was than my idol Jun Ji Hyun. YIN kept me from getting into YWCFTS until the last 5 episodes.
I luv QIHM STILL

Guest missnona

GOOD NEWS! QIHM and Nine writer will comeback with new drama for SBS!
the leading man will be lee jin wook and will air after Doctor Stranger !
i think drama name is "Korea Angles" or "Joseon Angles"

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fudger*o*

Nine, Queen Inhyun’s Man team returns with Three Musketeersby girlfriday | May 5, 2014 | 7 Comments

Inhyun_Nine1.jpg

Good news: the PD-writer team behind Nine and Queen Inhyun’s Man is returning with a new drama for cable network tvN. This time they’re setting their sights on a three-season epic, based (very, very loosely) on the Dumas novel The Three Musketeers. Only it’s set in Joseon. I said loosely, didn’t I? In Korean, Three Musketeers is translated as Trio, so it’s not altogether discombobulating; besides, I have a feeling the drama series will remind me more of Chuno than the original source material when all is said and done.

All we know for now is that the series will be a fusion sageuk about a group of warriors who travel freely between Joseon and China. PD Kim Byung-soo has a stylish track record — Vampire Prosecutor Season 1, Chosun Police Seasons 1 and 2, and of course Nine andInhyun. Writer Song Jae-jung has more credits to her name pre-Nine and Inhyun, including Coffee House and the first season of the beloved family sitcom High Kick. They’ve become a high-profile team for tvN, which is where Three Musketeers is likely going to air, though broadcast specifics haven’t been locked down.

According to reps for CJ E&M, the sageuk is being considered as a three-season franchise, with twelve episodes a season, airing once a week. So it’s something closer to Vampire Prosecutor or other OCN shows that have been airing shorter episode counts to experiment with multi-season formats. While I can see the open-ended format working for procedurals, I am glad that this new drama project has an end date in mind. I dislike going into a show not knowing that my story will have a resolution.

The estimated budget is 12 billion won, and there are rumors that they might do an all-location shoot in China, though tvN is being tight-lipped about anything having been decided. I find it funny that we’re in this situation again with this production team afterInhyun, where their time-traveling fusion sageuk came after announcements of allll the others in dramaland at the time (to their credit, theirs was awesome). And now we’ve got Joseon Gunman slated to air and everyone’s picking up guns in Joseon (if we’re to believe Joseon musketeers yunno, carry muskets). Oh drama trends, so predictably copycatty.

The multi-season once-a-week format doesn’t have me excited, but the production team does, so I’m secretly hoping they lock in a big star who can’t commit to three years but will agree to do it if it’s just a regular 36-episode show. It could happen, right? All eyes are on the casting calls to see who gets wooed.

Three Musketeers is reportedly gunning for a July broadcast.

• 2 months later...

Archived