Guest pallycute

Can't wait to see photos from the press conference, but I guess they will hold the press conference next week (6th 9th August). Lets wait and see ;) class="content-title"Screen-Shot-2012-08-03-at-10.44.49-AM.pn
class="content-title"“Faith’s” Lee Min Ho Films Underwater Scene Wearing 7kg Armor

August 3, 2012

Upcoming time-bending drama “Faith” released behind-the-scene photos of Lee Min Ho, who plays Choi Young, a charismatic and skilled Goryeo warrior who is also very naïve and simple-hearted.

In the scene, Choi Young was walking on a frozen lake, when the ice cracked and plunged him into the icy water. Instead of floating to the top, he’s dragged deeper and deeper into the lake. The underwater scene took half a day to film, and in order for a perfect take, Lee Min Ho had several reherseal shoots. It’s been said that despite the difficult nature of the shoot, he showed no signs of dread or fatigue. Once the shoot was over, he received a round of applause from everyone at the set.

Lee Min Ho stated, “It was a scene where I was able to express Choi Yong’s emotions and feelings, that’s why I was looking forward to it. I didn’t really have submerge myself because I was wearing a 7kg (15.4lb) armor. I was able to complete this shoot safe and sound because of all the staff.”

Meanwhile, “Faith” is another time-warping, historical fusion drama where a plastic surgeon, played by Kim Hee Sun, mysteriously meets a strange man dressed as a warrior from the Goryeo Dynasty, played by Lee Min Ho, claiming that he’s here to take her “back.” The series marks Lee Min Ho’s first sageuk (historical drama) since his debut and Kim Hee Sun’s return to the small screen in six years.

“Faith” will premiere on August 13 at 9:55PM KST on SBS.

Credit: hotshotlover30 @ soompi

Kim Hee Sun Is Covered in Blood for ′Faith′

2012-08-02 14:00  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Hong

Time is ticking closer to the premiere of SBS’ Faith as Kim Hee Sun prepares for surgery.

On recently released stills of the actress for Faith, Kim Hee Sun is shown with a stressed expression as her face and clothes are spotted with blood. In the next photo, she is wearing a loupe, which is a small magnification device worn during surgery.

47598072.jpg

Judging from the background in the photos, Kim Hee Sun is preparing for surgery during the Goryeo Dynasty after being kidnapped by Lee Min Ho, who is the king’s warrior.

A drama production staff commented, “Kim Hee Sun has enthusiastically participated in surgery practices to prepare for this role. All the staff members were impressed with her skillfulness and concentration during the shooting.”

Faith will premiere on August 13 on SBS.

Photo Credit: SBS

Guest pallycute

@loolah901
You're missing one person "RYOO DEOK HWAN". He is The King :D
Ryoo Deok Hwan

Some screen captures from "Faith's Poster Making Film'
I hope they will release the drama poster quickly.

0de2b17f-dede-472d-8a34-a0c864fb0800.jpg
038d17d5-1ef9-4f0f-a235-caa594c68e21.jpg

Guest misssaigon

hello. i wonder why "신의" is translated as "Faith". 신의 can be 信義, which means faith, but the title 신의's chinese character is "神醫". 神 means god, 醫 means doctor, so "divine doctor" is better, i think.
anyway, i watch this drama for Ryoo Deok Hwan. glad seeing him in tv.

Guest pallycute

Hi, @misssaigon welcome to this thread.
The production changed their hanja meaning (Chinese character) into 信義 (Faith)
Picture captured from 'Faith' 1st teaser 

1d2ce28c-99e2-4b2b-b5e7-3a9e593f02bf.jpg

This news might help you to understand :)
I posted this news on page 6.
pallycute said: SBS ‘The Faith’ changes their ‘hanja’ character meaning

New SBS Drama ‘The Faith’ changed the meaning of their ‘hanja’ (Chinese character).

The production team of the drama changed ‘Faith(神醫-miracle doctor)’ to ‘Faith(信義-loyalty).’ Although the Korean title hasn’t changed, the meaning of the title completely changed.

A representative for ‘The Faith’ explained, “Initially, it was about a future doctor brought back into time in the Koryo Dynasty period, and contents of medicines unfold which is why the title ‘The Faith(神医)’ was used. However, after scriptwriter Song Ji Na’s confirmed her commitment to write the script for the drama, she wanted to change the meaning to loyalty that will be shown by the main character, General Choi Young.”

Also, the new ‘hanja’ meaning of ‘The Faith’ provided more freedom from plagiarism accusation. The currently airing MBC Drama ‘Dr. Jin’ and the upcoming SBS Drama ‘The Faith’ both shared the same core plot in which ‘The Faith’ received plagiarism accusation. The modern time doctor went through a time slip into the past, and unfolded different medicines that were like the works from the Gods.

Because of scriptwriter Song Ji Na’s late commitment in writing the script for the drama, she had to rewrite the script to make sure that there weren’t a lot of similarities to ‘Dr. Jin.’ A representative from SBS said, “Instead of writing about the doctor but rather about warrior Choi Young, the focus of the characters changed. That is why ‘The Faith(神醫)’ was changed to ‘The Faith(信義)’ to make sure that it fit with the plot’s focus.

Lawyer representatives of SBS stated, “After the third party law firm made their review for any legal issues, they confirmed that there was no copyright infringement.”

‘The Faith’ is set to air its first episode on August 13th after ‘The Chaser’ ends.

Original Source: Sports Hankook
Translated By: Solly @ Lee Min Ho’s World (www.leeminhoworld.com)

Guest sunshine4ever

thanks for the article, pallycute...what a roller coaster...the drama hasn't started yet and there could be problems already. Hope I won't be rude, but I hope it will have better explanation. Don't know why I'm just not into these time-traveling plot thing. I wish couples who love each other could be in the same time frame. Is it a trend now to write about time-travelings? I hate it if at the end they're time drifted apart.

Guest pallycute

sunshine4ever said: thanks for the article, pallycute...what a roller coaster...the drama hasn't started yet and there could be problems already. Hope I won't be rude, but I hope it will have better explanation. Don't know why I'm just not into these time-traveling plot thing. I wish couples who love each other could be in the same time frame. Is it a trend now to write about time-travelings? I hate it if at the end they're time drifted apart.

Guest misssaigon

thanks for the info, pallycute. i understand.神医 into 信義...it's a kind of ultra c. a totally different title seems better, though.
btw, i found Ki Cheol is really hopeful. =D>

Guest pallycute

@endeavor Thanks for the poster, just like what @loolah901's said I also want more posters. :-bd misssaigon said: thanks for the info, pallycute. i understand.神医 into 信義...it's a kind of ultra c. a totally different title seems better, though.
btw, i found Ki Cheol is really hopeful. =D>

Official Photos of The Faith cast * 
LeeMinho as General ChoiYoungtumblr_m8dwtmwngv1qi5wato1_500.jpg 

Kim Heesun as Dr. Yoo Eunsootumblr_m8dx5e5cv81qi5wato1_500.jpg

LeePhillip as JangBintumblr_m8dx7e9dpa1qi5wato1_500.jpg

Sung Hoon as Cheon Eumjatumblr_m8dx8kN8Ra1qi5wato1_500.jpg

Ryu Deok-hwan as King Gongmintumblr_m8dxgwh0D71qi5wato1_500.jpg

Park Se-yong as Princess Noguktumblr_m8dxjiv15d1qi5wato1_500.jpg

Yoo Ohsung as Ki Cheoltumblr_m8dxn7RyIt1qi5wato1_500.jpg

Shin EunJeong as Hwa Soo Intumblr_m8dxqqHeOE1qi5wato1_500.jpg

tumblr_m8dxrvM6vl1qi5wato1_1280.jpg
tumblr_m8dxrvM6vl1qi5wato2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m8dyvqyJ041qi5wato1_1280.jpg
tumblr_m8dyvqyJ041qi5wato2_1280.jpg
tumblr_m8dyvqyJ041qi5wato3_1280.jpg
C:SBS

Guest mystisith

@loolah901 Are my eyes deceiving me? Lee Philip's character has lost an arm on that promo pic! Can I say how much I love the costumes? Took my time but now I can't wait for this one. Hope it will be good. :)