Guest walkietalkie

@wanne -- I finally had time to watch it fully sub and I have to admit i enjoyed it alot more the 2nd time around. This drama truly has that epic feel yet has some added humor to it. 

wanne said: I'm surprised to see a lot of negative reviews on this drama so far that I'm starting to wonder, why do I think its great, despite agreeing on its flaws, is it simply because Minho is in it.. 
When I watched the episodes raw, I was bored and confused at some parts, thus I understand why some people said this drama is bland. But once I watch with subs I find a lot of the scenes very interesting and funny. For example, the scene when CY crossed the road towards the Convention Centre, I didn't know he did it it in the name of Faith from what he understood what the monk said. And, the scene when ES stabbed him and the conversation between the King and Queen, I only understood how CY valued a promise he made as a warrior when watching with subs. I find that very moving and a great potential development between him, the king, queen and ES later on. And people complained about CY having lighting power while other warriors don't. This is why this drama needs to be watched with subs and people really shouldn't make quick judgement. It was mentioned in the end of Ep1 that CY was from Jeo Gol Dae where people have special powers.  

Some people complained that Minho's acting was so bad in this drama. That he looked bored acting. I didn't notice it, I thought it was just his character who was bored, like to sleep and basically has no purpose in life. Or maybe I was just blinded by Minho...
Like Javabeans and Girlfriday, what I like most about this drama is; it can be intense, funny, moving and heartbreaking at the right places and at the same time as well when intended to. This aspect is also what I love about The King 2 Hearts, and just the kind of entertainment that I like, and why I admire it so much.. An intense drama with doses of comedy but a lot of hearts and great characters. 
There were a lot of scenes that was intense and funny at the same time. When ES's phone asked for food revealing where she was, that was brilliant by the writer. And when CY slashed the guy's neck, I was so shocked.  
Anyway, I hope Faith will just continue to get better. Looking forward to Ep3 and 4 :)

@myphim2009: Thank you for uploading those amazing gifs :) I totally dig the bromance between Choi Young and Jang Bin :x. Hotness overload =P~. They look together like those yaoi manga characters :> I think I have found my secondary OTP =;1934569.gif1934665.gif

@IBELIS: I hope not I wouldn't survive another Rooftop Prince kind of ending :-S

What I'm looking foward to:

1. First meeting between CY and Hwa Soo In. It looks like they met in the past, HSI is intrigued by him and is trying to seduce him, now.16q4h1.jpgm8jpj4.pngpoas1.png2ed9kaw.png
  2. The fight between CY and Chun Eum Ja. The deadly flute against the honorable sword \:D/. Bring it on \m/2qapq94.png
  3. I'm in serious need of an english translantion of the 6-minute long preview  ~X(  PLEASE, HELP ME  [-O<  because from what I understand it looks like CY's powers are exceptional even for this magic-ladden world full of mystical forces - he's even able to withstand Chun Eum Ja's magical attacks - I think that in the long preview Gi Cheol mentions who CY exactly is (as in what he is capable of). I'm totally on edge and curious :-? :-/  so again, please, help me find the translation   [-O<  .dr86tj.png24n4fwh.pngbfjk48.png15ocv9y.png2ce6y9v.pngab5t0o.png

Guest poh2408

not going to lie, i'm more interested in princess noguk and king gongmin's romance than choi young and eunsoo...haha. Lets juz hope the writer doesnt end the story with princess noguk's death although in history she died from giving birth.
I think the story will be more on how they help king gongmin to be a better king and lead goryeo into prosperity fighting his enemies.

noguk and king gongmin's romance i read  it was real ...he really loved her..the relationship between Queen Noguk and the king was very close. Queen Noguk became pregnant in 1365 but died during the child birth. After her death, King Gongmin became indifferent to politics and was killed in 1374. so i'm more interested in princess noguk and king gongmin's romance too

More drops of Korean history, then *O*
I'm just thrilled! I watched Dr. Jin and what I loved the most on the drama was the solid historical background (History lover <3 )
Can't wait for more of it, then.

This dramas makes me feel like I'm watching Ja Myeong Go again, btw xDD

Reinforcing @pallycute 's request... translation on epi 3, please, if someone have it. It may even be a rough translation
:(

i agree w/ @timpa I think CY, King and Queen has a better chance of having a love triangle than the main otp.hehe But i guess that would remain to be in the alternate universe where we can choose our endings *sigh* 
With the series' "flaw" i never thought Minho's acting is part of it, he portrayed what was asked of him in his role and i think he did great. One flaw i can point out is the editing of this show, they really can do better in terms of keeping the viewers on their toes for the next ep. Like the 2nd ep they couldve ended where Minho got stabbed by HeeSun etc. XD
@Lily_Rose and @otchosais  Saeguk speech is more formal and in some way how its spoken is distinct than your modern Korean conversations. It is distinctive and most old actors do it well because you can distinguish the rise and fall of the voice. I couldnt explain it better but im just giving an idea.
As for some fans clamoring that Minho has a talent in acting, he does! and i can totally vouch for it. But let's be honest, in most tv drama having it to be beautiful to watch adds more weight than acting.lol So there you go, Minho is visually entertaining but he is indeed a good actor too.
oh and we all look like this watching Lee Minho on screen LOL
tumblr_m8t3s9H71T1qd3hjmo1_400.gif
btw, this show needs a lesson from Arang's director in terms of giving us a "cliffhanger" this is something i miss from City Hunter because he nails every ending very well!
@myphim: My running otp for this show is the King and Queen..hehe thanks for the gifs!
tumblr_m8wt53KxcO1qkj4g2o2_500.jpg

Guest wisteria7

Hello to everyone here on the forum! I have read through and would like to add to all the great insights.

1. It takes a while for an ensemble cast of actors with such strong personalities to meld.

2. In the flashback,when CY first shows up as the new captain,there were several rumors about him. One was that he is there be cause the King has some reason to make him suffer.(I'm not sure which king of the the long list,but there is a whiff of vengence for something in there). On top of this,the General has been in this constant battle that he is probably "battle weary." 3.There doesn't seem to be much entertainment for a 29 year old soldier except sleeping and some drink. As security for the king,he has to be ready 24/7.

Ahhh. I hate numbering things.... Anyway,I've been watching the two leads and imho, the seeming lack of chemistry between them is largely due to their

different style of clothing;it's kind of jarring. Secondly,mannerisms. Her's are 21st century,cell phone and all. As she starts to have no reason but to adapt to her new surroundings,maybe she will be dressed in the clothing of the era with a softer hairstyle and color.

As someone mentioned,there will be more than enough intense emotions to go around in the episodes to come. I do agree though,that editing is a problem and should be softer,slower,with tweaked cliffhangers. The cast is Top Notch and there should be no reason that this drama doesn't go up in the ratings. Way up.

When I first watched Bridal Mask,I really didn't like it. I gave it another shot and I really enjoy it now.

Now to LMH's character-ahem. I loved him in Boys Over Flowers.,Personal Taste and City Hunter. Sooo my last memory of him is as City Hunter. Such a different style of sexy.As for Faith (I adore the title), I do like my action heroes a bit more emotional,tho,but I am totally in agreement with the "hand of sparky power" and it's triple use as a release for tension,healing and destruction. And for holding a terrified 21st century female doctor.

However,the General is a trifle too thin and a bit fragile looking. Please don't hit me for that comment,but LMH actually admitted in that interview with some of the other cast members that he is all bones. An army travels on it's stomach and he should not he losing muscle mass. Playing a general, 29 years old,battle hardened,should not present viewers with the feeling that his leather armour is too heavy for him to wear. Despite the heat.Yet, LMH is only playing a general and personally I can't stand really hot weather. It makes me faint. There should be some cooled areas for cast and crew to chill You'll have a happier & healthier general. There are many things that LMH is great at but this is one I admire: He not only can stand out-ah,I love a tall man,but he can also blend in an assemble cast. He's not a glory hog.

All in all,the talent assembled is tremendous and there is no reason Faith sould not be a classic.

And last but not least,if someone who can speak and translate Korean better than I could let me know why LMH stated in the interview with some of his cast members,that people have the wrong impression of him? He doesn't drink and he doesn't like girls but likes to stay home? Did I mistranslate that? What does he mean by not liking girls.

Thank you,everyone..

Guest reedtrip82

I haven't watch any drama since "i do i do" but i decided to give this one a try, honesty i did wish the lead was more..rough looking hahahaha but after a while ...he no bad and the actress though a bit old but she is pretty and ...call me weird but i find the whole kidnapping to bit quite romantic lol ..a young handsome warriors came and carry you away lol

Guest khyamay

leslie_lei said: i agree w/ @timpa I think CY, King and Queen has a better chance of having a love triangle than the main otp.hehe But i guess that would remain to be in the alternate universe where we can choose our endings *sigh* 
With the series' "flaw" i never thought Minho's acting is part of it, he portrayed what was asked of him in his role and i think he did great. One flaw i can point out is the editing of this show, they really can do better in terms of keeping the viewers on their toes for the next ep. Like the 2nd ep they couldve ended where Minho got stabbed by HeeSun etc. XD
@Lily_Rose and @otchosais  Saeguk speech is more formal and in some way how its spoken is distinct than your modern Korean conversations. It is distinctive and most old actors do it well because you can distinguish the rise and fall of the voice. I couldnt explain it better but im just giving an idea.
As for some fans clamoring that Minho has a talent in acting, he does! and i can totally vouch for it. But let's be honest, in most tv drama having it to be beautiful to watch adds more weight than acting.lol So there you go, Minho is visually entertaining but he is indeed a good actor too.
oh and we all look like this watching Lee Minho on screen LOL
tumblr_m8t3s9H71T1qd3hjmo1_400.gif
btw, this show needs a lesson from Arang's director in terms of giving us a "cliffhanger" this is something i miss from City Hunter because he nails every ending very well!
@myphim: My running otp for this show is the King and Queen..hehe thanks for the gifs!
tumblr_m8wt53KxcO1qkj4g2o2_500.jpg

reedtrip82 said: I haven't watch any drama since "i do i do" but i decided to give this one a try, honesty i did wish the lead was more..rough looking hahahaha but after a while ...he no bad and the actress though a bit old but she is pretty and ...call me weird but i find the whole kidnapping to bit quite romantic lol ..a young handsome warriors came and carry you away lol

Guest wisteria7

Ahh seriously. I really am curious why LMH would say he didn't like girls in that interview. Or did I mistranslate?