Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

10 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

@willenette it is also the same venue as KPCC. At least he won't be lonely this time lol. I am a bit confused though why they changed the date around. The APAN Star awards website still hasnt updated lol. Oh well. The main point the people attending know what day they are suppose to go lol

@ElectricHearts, the award shows were postponed due to COVID-19 pandemic. The shows will be held for two days  on January 23 and 24. :blush:

@willenette oh no I meant the Drama Awards was set on January 24 but the app site recently said it was on January 23 and not January 24. APAN Star Awards website still mentions the Drama Awards is on January 24 and Music Awards is on January 23. That was why I was also confused. Since SYJ's video greeting - she does say January 24 too. Then it was taken down on youtube /made private as the video was circulating on SNS. Then later was changed to January 23. That was why I was confused why it was now Drama Awards before Music Awards and why they would make that change so recent. Who knows lol - that was why I was like as long as the people attending know when they should attend.

Apparently HB may not have actually confirmed he is indeed attending. Not sure if it is true some checked with their agencies. I also didn't think they would announce ahead of time they were attending when there is so much rumors of them in kmedia right now. I thought a low key - closer announcement would happen instead. So who knows..

• Thanks 1

Confidential Assignment 2 casting is officially confirmed now

VAST

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKU14papD-Z/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Naver

"Confidential Assignment 2" Hyun Bin and Yoo Hae-jin → Daniel Henney Casting [Official]

0000885986_001_20210122081243034.jpg?type=w430

The sequel to the film "Cooperation 2: International" has confirmed the casting of Hyun Bin, Yoo Hae-jin, Lim Yoon-ah, Daniel Henney and Jin Sun-kyu.

The film "Cooperation," which was released in January 2017 and drew 7.81 million viewers, will return to "Cooperation 2: International," which adds more fun and scale, joining the original members of Hyun Bin, Yoo Hae-jin, and Lim Yoon-ah, as well as new faces Daniel Henney and Jin Sun-kyu.

"Cooperation 2: International" is a global film about North and South Korean detectives who have volunteered to return to the South after a brutal and meticulous crime ring, and South Korean detective Kang Jin-tae (Yuh Hae-jin) and U.S. FBI member Daniel Henney.

Hyun Bin will return as "Rim Chul-ryeong," an elite North Korean detective dispatched to the South on a new mission. Hyun Bin, who plays the role of "Cheol-ryeong," who faces a more powerful organization with his partner Jin-tae, will give off a more relaxed and humane charm, along with intense action that surpasses the previous film. Yoo Hae-jin will then play the role of Kang Jin-tae, a living South Korean detective who is still salty, and conduct a fantastic cooperative investigation with Hyun Bin. Yoo Hae-jin, playing Jin-tae, who volunteered to be a partner of "The Ironman" after being transferred to the cyber investigation team by mistake while working, will lead the play with strong laughter and performance in a heavy mission to "investigate properly this time." In addition, Lim Yoon-ah returns to the role of "Park Min-young," the sister-in-law of "Jin-tae," and continues her unwavering affection for "Cheol-ryeong." Lim Yoon-ah, a self-proclaimed beauty YouTuber but just unemployed in her sister's eyes, will show her greater presence and energy than the previous film with her natural and virtuous acting of life and cheerful charm.

Daniel Henney will newly join the role of "Jack," an FBI agent who pursues a North Korean crime organization involved in global crimes, and present a global chemistry with Hyun Bin and Yoo Hae-jin. And Jin Sun-kyu, who has personality, acting ability, and box office power through <Criminal City>, <Extreme Job> and <Seungri Ho>, plays the role of Jang Myeong-jun, the leader of a North Korean crime organization, heralds the birth of a powerful villain character that infuses tension.

<Gongjo 2: International> is a balanced production with laughter, fun, emotion, and scale with <Pirates to the Sea> and <Himalaya>, and director Lee Seok-hoon, who has led the popularity and popularity, takes the megaphone to increase expectations.

With the addition of South and North Korea, and the U.S. FBI, <Cooperation 2: International>, which adds stronger laughter and thrilling action to the cooperative chemistry created by characters with different purposes, is scheduled to be cranked in February.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/382/0000885986

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

Confidential Assignment 2 casting is officially confirmed now

VAST

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKU14papD-Z/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Naver

"Confidential Assignment 2" Hyun Bin and Yoo Hae-jin → Daniel Henney Casting [Official]

The sequel to the film "Cooperation 2: International" has confirmed the casting of Hyun Bin, Yoo Hae-jin, Lim Yoon-ah, Daniel Henney and Jin Sun-kyu.

The film "Cooperation," which was released in January 2017 and drew 7.81 million viewers, will return to "Cooperation 2: International," which adds more fun and scale, joining the original members of Hyun Bin, Yoo Hae-jin, and Lim Yoon-ah, as well as new faces Daniel Henney and Jin Sun-kyu.

"Cooperation 2: International" is a global film about North and South Korean detectives who have volunteered to return to the South after a brutal and meticulous crime ring, and South Korean detective Kang Jin-tae (Yuh Hae-jin) and U.S. FBI member Daniel Henney.

Hyun Bin will return as "Rim Chul-ryeong," an elite North Korean detective dispatched to the South on a new mission. Hyun Bin, who plays the role of "Cheol-ryeong," who faces a more powerful organization with his partner Jin-tae, will give off a more relaxed and humane charm, along with intense action that surpasses the previous film. Yoo Hae-jin will then play the role of Kang Jin-tae, a living South Korean detective who is still salty, and conduct a fantastic cooperative investigation with Hyun Bin. Yoo Hae-jin, playing Jin-tae, who volunteered to be a partner of "The Ironman" after being transferred to the cyber investigation team by mistake while working, will lead the play with strong laughter and performance in a heavy mission to "investigate properly this time." In addition, Lim Yoon-ah returns to the role of "Park Min-young," the sister-in-law of "Jin-tae," and continues her unwavering affection for "Cheol-ryeong." Lim Yoon-ah, a self-proclaimed beauty YouTuber but just unemployed in her sister's eyes, will show her greater presence and energy than the previous film with her natural and virtuous acting of life and cheerful charm.

Daniel Henney will newly join the role of "Jack," an FBI agent who pursues a North Korean crime organization involved in global crimes, and present a global chemistry with Hyun Bin and Yoo Hae-jin. And Jin Sun-kyu, who has personality, acting ability, and box office power through <Criminal City>, <Extreme Job> and <Seungri Ho>, plays the role of Jang Myeong-jun, the leader of a North Korean crime organization, heralds the birth of a powerful villain character that infuses tension.

<Gongjo 2: International> is a balanced production with laughter, fun, emotion, and scale with <Pirates to the Sea> and <Himalaya>, and director Lee Seok-hoon, who has led the popularity and popularity, takes the megaphone to increase expectations.

With the addition of South and North Korea, and the U.S. FBI, <Cooperation 2: International>, which adds stronger laughter and thrilling action to the cooperative chemistry created by characters with different purposes, is scheduled to be cranked in February.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/382/0000885986

@ElectricHearts, thanks for sharing this. Finally.................the cast of the upcoming “Confidential Assignment” sequel has been confirmed! This is the best news ever. I'm excited to see HB in a movie. :blush:

Hyun Bin to return as North Korean agent in ‘Confidential Assignment’ sequel

http://res.heraldm.com/content/image/2021/01/22/20210122000472_0.jpg
Hyun Bin will be playing North Korean agent character again in ‘Confidential Assignment’ sequel (VAST Entertainment)

CJ ENM on Friday announced that Hyun Bin will join the sequel of the Korean comedy-action film “Confidential Assignment” and play North Korean agent Lim Cheol-ryeong again.

Released in January 2017, the original “Confidential Assignment” was a movie about an inter-Korean secret police mission. The film at the time garnered more than 7.81 million viewers.

Hyun Bin’s character Lim in the previous film was dispatched to South Korea to capture his superior Cha Ki-seong that murdered his wife and fellow team members.

In the new movie, Hyun Bin’s character will again be dispatched to South Korea to hunt down a leader of a North Korean criminal organization. This time the North Korean agent will show how more comfortable he became working on his mission in South Korea.

Along with Hyun Bin, veteran actor Yoo Hye-jin and Yoona of Girls’ Generation, both of whom appeared in the original movie, will also star in the sequel.

Yoo will be playing South Korean cop Kang Jin-tae that wants again joins his hand with Lim in the sequel. Yoona will be playing a YouTuber who shows her affection for Hyun Bin’s character.

In addition, Korean-American actor Daniel Henney and veteran Korean actor Jin Sun-kyu will join the cast.

Henney will be playing FBI agent Jack, who also works with Lim and Kang to capture the North Korean criminal organization in the movie.

Jin will be playing villain Jang Myeong-jun, who is the leader of the North Korean criminal organization that agents and cops are chasing.

The film will be directed by Lee Seok-hoon, who is known for director hit movies like “The Himalayas“ in 2015 and “The Pirates” in 2014, and begin shooting in February.

By Song Seung-hyun (ssh@heraldcorp.com)

credit : Korea Herald

@willenette there was a Naver article that came out of the nominees that shows that HB is the only CLOY actor nominated for Daesang. And he is the only actor nominated for Daesang that is 'attending' .

Otherwise, CLOY is nominated in Show category. And they also have Kim Sun Young attending. SYJ's Seezn award is prerecorded. 

So who knows what is happening with APAN Star Awards but I can't wait till winners are officially released lol - I feel like the awards kept getting pushed lol. I just know in the past it always seemed like the winners were the only ones attending for this award.

Hyun Bin Daesang Winner :Pandabulous:

(No surprise for me though lol - thanks to the app)

202101232240268193_1_20210123225758581.j

hb-daesang.jpg

VAST post

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKY8URXpRMS/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

:fullofhearts:

I have seen the english translations on instagram - not sure if on twitter yet. I will update my post after

Hyun Bin walking red carpet

Spoiler

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

@willenette there was a Naver article that came out of the nominees that shows that HB is the only CLOY actor nominated for Daesang. And he is the only actor nominated for Daesang that is 'attending' .

Otherwise, CLOY is nominated in Show category. And they also have Kim Sun Young attending. SYJ's Seezn award is prerecorded. 

So who knows what is happening with APAN Star Awards but I can't wait till winners are officially released lol - I feel like the awards kept getting pushed lol. I just know in the past it always seemed like the winners were the only ones attending for this award.

@ElectricHearts, yes, finally.....he won the Daesang (Grand Prize) for his role as Ri Jung Hyuk in tvN’s “Crash Landing on You.”  In his speech, he said, “Thank you. I’m happy to be starting off 2021 with such a big award. I feel like I should work even harder this year to repay this honor. Even now, ‘Crash Landing on You’ is receiving a lot of love. Thank you to the fans of ‘Crash Landing on You,’ not only in Korea but all over the world.”  And he mentioned his GF - hahaha - “Many people worked hard in order to create ‘Crash Landing on You.’ I am grateful to the writer, the directors, and all the production staff. It was an honor to work with such amazing peers, seniors, and juniors, who all showed great acting. I am also grateful to Son Ye Jin, whose Yoon Se Ri was the perfect partner for Ri Jung Hyuk. It was thanks to her brilliant acting as Yoon Se Ri that Ri Jung Hyuk was able to shine. Thank you.  I will continue to work hard so that I can show a better and more improved side of myself. I think that I will be releasing a movie this year, and I am cautiously hoping for the day that we can meet in the movie theater without masks and smile brightly. Please stay healthy and happy. I hope that this year will be much better than the last.”  Congratulations, HB! So happy & very proud of him. :twerk2:

• Like 1

@willenetteI am happy he won Daesang again since last time it was for Baeksang - Daesang for SeGa. Still can't believe he hasn't had more acting nominations since then. I am glad he finally got the recognition again though. Especially happy too that KKT  won for Best Manager, VAST - best friends :) they've known each other a long time. So it was sweet what he says about HB.

• Like 1

I’m super excited about Confidential Assignment sequel and I’m even more stoked that Daniel Henney will be  joining the cast. What a reunion it’ll be for the two since My Name Is Kim Sam Soon. I can’t wait to see their interaction with each other. 

Also, congrats to Hyun Bin for winning the Daesang award. I am so happy for him. He worked so hard and he deserved it. I love his speech and he even thanked SYJ. Both of them’s administration for one another is just too cute. 

14 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

@willenetteI am happy he won Daesang again since last time it was for Baeksang - Daesang for SeGa. Still can't believe he hasn't had more acting nominations since then. I am glad he finally got the recognition again though. Especially happy too that KKT  won for Best Manager, VAST - best friends :) they've known each other a long time. So it was sweet what he says about HB.

@ElectricHearts, ohhh..............I almost forgot that this was his 2nd Daesang Award. Thanks, dear. I remember that Hyun Bin won the 'TV Daesang' title some years ago but due to military he couldn't attend the event. But, a video of him accepting the award was broadcast. :blush:

11 hours ago, elizabeth said:

I’m super excited about Confidential Assignment sequel and I’m even more stoked that Daniel Henney will be  joining the cast. What a reunion it’ll be for the two since My Name Is Kim Sam Soon. I can’t wait to see their interaction with each other. 

Also, congrats to Hyun Bin for winning the Daesang award. I am so happy for him. He worked so hard and he deserved it. I love his speech and he even thanked SYJ. Both of them’s administration for one another is just too cute. 

@elizabeth, the addition of DH in the film heightens the excitement for the sequel. I guess he will suit-up for the character of "Jack", an FBI Detective from US. :blush:

• Like 1

Hyun Bin, Yoona, Yoo Hae-jin to reunite for ‘Confidential Assignment 2’, Daniel Henney, Jin Seon-kyu to join

202101220956041530_h.jpg

2017 hit movie Confidential Assignment‘s sequel has confirmed the reunion of the original cast!

On January 22, it was announced that Hyun Bin, Yoo Hae-jin, and Yoona are set to reprise their roles in Confidential Assignment 2: International. Two new cast members were also reported to have joined the cast of the film—Daniel Henney and Jin Seon-kyu.

Confidential Assignment is an action thriller that depicts two detectives—one a North Korean and the other a South Korean—partnering to chase international crime organizations. Hyun Bin and Yoo Hae-jin took the lead roles in the original, and their bromance was enjoyed by all. When Confidential Assignment was released in 2017, it caused a sensation at the Korean box office, with its viewership exceeding 7 million. It became one of the highest-grossing movies of the year.

In the sequel, Hyun Bin will reprise his role as the gruff North Korean detective Im Cheol-ryung who is dispatched to South Korea for another mission. He will chase another ruthless crime organization along with his South Korean partner Kang Jin-tae and experience living in South Korea again. This time, his character is expected to show a more relaxed charm than in the last film. Hyun Bin has been enjoying immense domestic and international popularity for his portrayal of North Korean soldier in the drama Crash Landing on You (2019–2020). He was recently revealed to be dating his co-star from the drama, Son Ye-jin.

Yoo Hae-jin will return as the hilarious South Korean detective Kang Jin-tae. After a mistake lands Jin-tae in the cybersecurity investigation team, he volunteers to cooperate with North Korea again for another investigation and reunite with his old partner Im Cheol-ryung. Yoo is known for his solid acting skills and is widely regarded as one of the best actors in South Korea. His impressive filmography includes hits like The Pirates (2014), Veteran (2015), A Taxi Driver (2017), and 1987: When the Day Comes (2017).

Girls’ Generation member Yoona will reprise her role as Kang Jin-tae’s sister-in-law Park Min-young. In the prequel, her character was a minor one and had a huge crush on Hyun Bin’s character. This time, her role is expected to be meatier and showcase her lively charms as a self-proclaimed beauty YouTuber who is considered unemployed by her older sister. Yoona has been enjoying success in the film industry after her disaster movie Exit (2019) became one of the highest-grossing movies of the year. This year, she is currently starring in the JTBC office drama Hush opposite veteran actor Hwang Jung-min.

Daniel Henney, who has been busy with Hollywood projects, will take on the role of Jack, an American FBI agent chasing the North Korean crime organization that has wreaked havoc across the world. He will team up with Hyun Bin and Yoo Hae-jin and to inject a fresh, new flavor to the bromance. Henney is an American actor of Korean descent and best known for starring in the popular American police procedural series Criminal Minds (2005–2020) and the 2009 film X-Men Origins: Wolverine. He has also appeared in Korean dramas My Lovely Sam Soon (2004) and Spring Waltz (2006). He has joined the cast of Amazon Video’s upcoming epic fantasy drama The Wheel of Time.

Finally, Jin Seon-kyu will take on the role of a dangerous villain in the film. He will play Jang Myung-joon, leader of the North Korean organization that the three detectives are chasing. Jin is famous for his roles in action films like The Outlaws (2017), for which he won Best Supporting Actor at the 38th Blue Dragon Film Awards, and Extreme Job (2019).

Confidential Assignment 2: International will be directed by Lee Seok-hoon, who is known for films like The Pirates (2014) and The Himalayas (2015). It is set to begin filming in February.

source : https://m.ytn.co.kr/news_view.amp.php?param=0117_202101220956041530

• Like 1

9 hours ago, willenette said:

Hyun Bin, Yoona, Yoo Hae-jin to reunite for ‘Confidential Assignment 2’, Daniel Henney, Jin Seon-kyu to join

202101220956041530_h.jpg

2017 hit movie Confidential Assignment‘s sequel has confirmed the reunion of the original cast!

On January 22, it was announced that Hyun Bin, Yoo Hae-jin, and Yoona are set to reprise their roles in Confidential Assignment 2: International. Two new cast members were also reported to have joined the cast of the film—Daniel Henney and Jin Seon-kyu.

Confidential Assignment is an action thriller that depicts two detectives—one a North Korean and the other a South Korean—partnering to chase international crime organizations. Hyun Bin and Yoo Hae-jin took the lead roles in the original, and their bromance was enjoyed by all. When Confidential Assignment was released in 2017, it caused a sensation at the Korean box office, with its viewership exceeding 7 million. It became one of the highest-grossing movies of the year.

In the sequel, Hyun Bin will reprise his role as the gruff North Korean detective Im Cheol-ryung who is dispatched to South Korea for another mission. He will chase another ruthless crime organization along with his South Korean partner Kang Jin-tae and experience living in South Korea again. This time, his character is expected to show a more relaxed charm than in the last film. Hyun Bin has been enjoying immense domestic and international popularity for his portrayal of North Korean soldier in the drama Crash Landing on You (2019–2020). He was recently revealed to be dating his co-star from the drama, Son Ye-jin.

Yoo Hae-jin will return as the hilarious South Korean detective Kang Jin-tae. After a mistake lands Jin-tae in the cybersecurity investigation team, he volunteers to cooperate with North Korea again for another investigation and reunite with his old partner Im Cheol-ryung. Yoo is known for his solid acting skills and is widely regarded as one of the best actors in South Korea. His impressive filmography includes hits like The Pirates (2014), Veteran (2015), A Taxi Driver (2017), and 1987: When the Day Comes (2017).

Girls’ Generation member Yoona will reprise her role as Kang Jin-tae’s sister-in-law Park Min-young. In the prequel, her character was a minor one and had a huge crush on Hyun Bin’s character. This time, her role is expected to be meatier and showcase her lively charms as a self-proclaimed beauty YouTuber who is considered unemployed by her older sister. Yoona has been enjoying success in the film industry after her disaster movie Exit (2019) became one of the highest-grossing movies of the year. This year, she is currently starring in the JTBC office drama Hush opposite veteran actor Hwang Jung-min.

Daniel Henney, who has been busy with Hollywood projects, will take on the role of Jack, an American FBI agent chasing the North Korean crime organization that has wreaked havoc across the world. He will team up with Hyun Bin and Yoo Hae-jin and to inject a fresh, new flavor to the bromance. Henney is an American actor of Korean descent and best known for starring in the popular American police procedural series Criminal Minds (2005–2020) and the 2009 film X-Men Origins: Wolverine. He has also appeared in Korean dramas My Lovely Sam Soon (2004) and Spring Waltz (2006). He has joined the cast of Amazon Video’s upcoming epic fantasy drama The Wheel of Time.

Finally, Jin Seon-kyu will take on the role of a dangerous villain in the film. He will play Jang Myung-joon, leader of the North Korean organization that the three detectives are chasing. Jin is famous for his roles in action films like The Outlaws (2017), for which he won Best Supporting Actor at the 38th Blue Dragon Film Awards, and Extreme Job (2019).

Confidential Assignment 2: International will be directed by Lee Seok-hoon, who is known for films like The Pirates (2014) and The Himalayas (2015). It is set to begin filming in February.

source : https://m.ytn.co.kr/news_view.amp.php?param=0117_202101220956041530

cant wait for Daniel Henney bringing in more bromance with Hyun Bin and Yoo Hae Jin. 

• Love 1

Looking forward to Daniel being in the movie as well. I noticed that Yoona's character still has a crush on  Im Cheol-ryung LOL. Hope she moves on and gets to meet Daniel's character. I remember it was saying early on last year that Yoona's character was suppose to have a bigger role in the movie this time 

• Love 1

Hyun Bin takes top prize at APAN Star Awards for 'Crash Landing On You'

Actor Hyun Bin poses on the red carpet of the 2020 APAN Star Awards held at the Kyung Hee University campus in central Seoul on Saturday afternoon. [APAN STAR AWARDS]

Actor Hyun Bin poses on the red carpet of the 2020 APAN Star Awards held at the Kyung Hee University campus in central Seoul on Saturday afternoon. [APAN STAR AWARDS]

Actor Hyun Bin won the top prize at the 2020 APAN (Asia-Pacific Actors’ Network) Star Awards for his role in the hit TV series "Crash Landing On You"(2019-20) on Saturday evening. He expressed gratitude for Son Ye-jin, his partner in the romantic comedy and in real life.

With the success of "Crash Landing On You," aired on cable channel tvN, Hyun Bin, whose real name is Kim Tae-pyung, confirmed again that he is an Asian heartthrob. He played the role of elite North Korean officer Jeong-hyeok. Son played the South Korean chaebol heiress Se-ri, who gets swept by a storm during paragliding, crash-lands in North Korea and falls in love with Jeong-hyeok.

“I’m so happy to start off 2021 with such a great prize... I’m grateful to Ye-jin, whose Se-ri was the perfect partner of Jeong-hyeok. The character Jeong-hyeok was alive more beautifully thanks to the character of Se-ri well made by Ye-jin,” Hyun Bin said during the ceremony held at a hall inside Kyung Hee University in central Seoul.  

Hyun Bin and Son, two of the leading stars of Hallyu, or the Korean wave, acknowledged on Jan. 1 that they have been dating for eight months.  

The APAN Star Awards is an awards ceremony for actors who contributed to the spread of Hallyu and Korean TV dramas. It has been held since 2012 by the Korea Entertainment Management Association. The 2020 edition had previously been scheduled for November 2020, but was postponed due to a surge in Covid-19 cases.

The Drama of the Year Award went to “Itaewon Class” (2020) aired on JTBC.  

BY MOON SO-YOUNG   [symoon@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2021/01/24/entertainment/television/Hyun-Bin-APAN-Star-Awards-Son-Yejin/20210124154800692.html

Hyun Bin thanks Son Ye-jin after winning grand prize at 2020 APAN Star Awards

http://img.koreatimes.co.kr/upload/newsV2/images/202101/6ec1dd334ae449e2ba8cab2a499c9179.jpg/dims/resize/740/optimize
Actor Hyun Bin poses at the 2020 APAN STAR AWARDS held at the Grand Peace Palace of Kyung Hee University in Seoul, Jan. 23. / Courtesy of 2020 APAN AWARDS organizing committee

By Kwak Yeon-soo

Hyun Bin thanked his girlfriend Son Ye-jin after winning the grand prize at the 2020 APAN Star Awards for his role as a North Korean elite soldier in tvN's "Crash Landing on You." The two became a real-life couple after acting together in the hit drama.

While giving his acceptance speech for the grand prize, Hyun told the audience, "I'm happy to be starting off 2021 with such a big award. I feel like I should work even harder this year to repay this honor. I will continue to work hard so I can show a more improved side of myself."

He added, "I'm grateful to Son Ye-jin, whose Yoon Se-ri was the perfect partner for Ri Jung-hyuk. Thanks to her incredible acting, Ri was able to shine in the series."

Hyun will begin shooting the sequel to his 2017 action film "Confidential Assignment" in February. He will reprise his role as North Korean detective Lim Cheol-ryung, and star alongside Yoo Hae-jin, YoonA and Jin Sun-kyu.

tvN's "Itaewon Class" was named Drama of the Year. This comes shortly after the TV series won the Best Drama Series at the Asian Television Awards, which recognizes production excellence in the Asian television industry.

Kang Ha-neul of KBS2's "When the Camellia Blooms" and Kim Hee-sun of SBS' "Alice" took home Top Excellence in Acting awards in a miniseries. Lee Sang-yeob and Lee Min-jung from KBS2's "Once Again" won the Top Excellence in Acting awards in a serial drama.

Park Hae-joon of JTBC's "The World of the Married" and Seo Yea-ji of tvN's "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" won Excellence in Acting awards in a miniseries.

Oh Jung-se of "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" and SBS' "Stove League" and Kim Young-min of "The World of the Married" and "Crash Landing on You" each took home the Best Supporting Actor award, while Kim Sun-young of "Crash Landing on You" and SBS' "Backstreet Rookie" received the Best Supporting Actress award.

The Best New Actorawards were given to Lee Do-hyun from JTBC's "18 Again" and Jang Dong-yoon from KBS2's "The Tale of Nokdu." Jeon Mi-do from tvN's "Hospital Playlist" nabbed the Best New Actress award.

Launched in 2012, the annual ceremony celebrates actors who contribute to spreading hallyu (Korean Wave) and K-drama around the world. Organized by the Korea Entertainment Management Association and WADE, this year's show was hosted by actor Kim Seung-woo. It was held without an audience in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2021/01/688_302956.html