Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

Koreans Vote For Most Notable Drama Actors Of 2020

941fe18016eb49a081cfac91854a5bb7.jpeg?s=

Gallup Korea has revealed the results for the most notable drama stars of the year.

Gallup Korea has held annual polls since 2007 in which people in South Korea vote for the most notable characters of the year. This year, 1,700 people over the age of 13 were surveyed between November 5 and 29 from all over mainland South Korea. The poll results for variety stars/comedians, film actors, and sports athletes have already been released.

See the top 10 below!

1. Kim Hee Ae (9.4 percent)
2. Park Bo Gum (7.6 percent)
3. Hyun Bin (6.5 percent)
4. Park Seo Joon (5.9 percent)
5. Son Ye Jin (4.6 percent)
6. Suzy (4.3 percent)
7. Jeon In Hwa (4.1 percent)
8. Cha Hwa Yeon (3.2 percent) (tie)
8. Gong Yoo (3.2 percent) (tie)
10. Gong Hyo Jin (3 percent)

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJA_R_0BIlV/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Part 1 of his Esquire interview

Hyunbin, who finished filming <Negotiation>, said that he was 'charging' for a better acting part.1

Last year, I met 〈Esquire〉 Korea in time for the tvN drama 〈Crash Landing on Love〉. At the time, he said,'If I can go into the future, I'm curious about the viewer's reaction at the point of time after 〈Crash Landing on Love〉 was over. When I think about it now, I didn't have to worry at all (laughs).

Ah... I'm worried then. I was worried, but actually, filming the drama was so difficult, so I also wanted to skip that period (laughs).

For 〈Love Crash Landing〉, I keep looking at the rankings of each country through the Netflix tracking site. The reaction was tremendous.

I also found out through articles and articles posted by fans, but I've been staying at the top for quite some time. Especially in the case of Japan.

Speedmaster Co-Axial Master Chronometer Chronograph 42mm Silver Snoopy Awards 12 million won Omega.

Speedmaster Co-Axial Master Chronometer Chronograph 42mm Silver Snoopy Awards 12 million won Omega.

Japan has been open for more than half a year, and it is still in fifth place.

Yes. I heard it too.

Usually, I will have to go to a place with overseas fans right now. That way, you can feel its popularity locally.

As much love is given, it would be nice if there was an opportunity to meet in person and share that gratitude. That way, there will be moments where each other is more welcome. Now, if there are many requests coming from abroad, I cannot face it in person, so I am replacing my heart by sending a handwritten letter.

You are still doing something.

Yes. I am sending a letter to a Japanese radio or TV broadcast or saying hello through video.

I heard that the Chinese side's (Hyunbin's popularity) response was also great. It has been uploaded a lot on Weibo.

is that so?

of course. The various charms of Lee Jung-hyuk's character, played by Hyunbin, seem to be working widely. The character'Lee Jung-hyuk', played by Hyun-bin, is actually a key character in a political thriller, and also a protagonist of classic melodramas such as Romeo and Juliet, and a romantic comedy in the middle, right? So I thought,'A role that is much more difficult than I see'. It is a Nampa agent who has to kill Cho Cheol-gang (played by Man-seok Oh), but in Yoon Se-ri (played by Son Ye-jin) in Seoul apartment, she had to be an infinitely soft and cute man.

There seems to be no easy character in any work. There is no easy situation. It is also what the actor has to do is how many different aspects he shows in one work. That way, viewers can see it more interestingly. The more different layers are piled up for each situation, the richer it gets. So are the characters and the works. I prepared a lot and made it while filming.

Constellation Co-Axial Master Chronometer 41mm 27 million won Omega.

Constellation Co-Axial Master Chronometer 41mm 27 million won Omega.

Seamaster Aqua Terra 150M Co-Axial Master Chronometer GMT World Timer 43mm 52 million won Omega.

Seamaster Aqua Terra 150M Co-Axial Master Chronometer GMT World Timer 43mm 52 million won Omega.

Personally, I liked the scene where I was warned that I couldn't play games. Honestly, while watching such a scene, I thought,'I must have a foreboding success while filming this.'

uh… That's... . (Laughter) I honestly don't know.

really?
I don't think I've ever thought of'Oh this is going to succeed'. Movies can only be known after they are released, and dramas are only felt in the middle of the air. You can also see an indicator of viewership, but you can feel the reaction of indirect people. It is also revealed in the atmosphere of the scene (from the middle). But at the beginning of the shoot, I can't tell at all.

When I matched the lines with Son Ye-jin, there was a feeling,'Oh, we fit so well?' (laughs).
〈Love Crash Landing〉 wasn't our first work together. It was the second time we were together during 〈Negotiation〉, so there are things that were much more comfortable. Since they are comfortable with each other, almost all of the scenes were created together with ideas. Each one thinks about a scene and rehearses on the scene to match and make.

By the way, during 〈Negotiation〉, weren't there very few scenes where two people acted in the same space?
Yes. Only in the second half.

I think there were only 6 or 7 scenes that appeared together in the second half.

There aren't many, but (as I said before) the entire movie was filmed in dual live broadcast at the same time. We weren't face-to-face, but we were shooting live with the people on the screen at the same time.

It was to show both action and reaction.

right. I took three cameras from both sides at the same time. There was a difference in the way, but they were actually acting together.

It's similar to the ending of 〈Love Crash Landing〉. It's far away, but it's like we're together, we're away but not apart (laughs).
(Laughter) That's right.

Additional from articles:

In'Crash Landing on Love', Hyunbin, who played the role of Jeonghyuk Lee, a North Korean soldier who fell in love with Se-ri Yoon (played by Son Ye-jin), a daughter of a Korean conglomerate, said, “The 'Crash Landing of Love' is so interesting that writer Park Ji-eun’s line is so interesting that even if only the intention is delivered The scene came alive,” said a humble figure. In addition, Hyunbin recalled that time, referring to seniors such as Kim Jung-nan and Kim Sun-young, who appeared together, "the seniors helped us taste the dialogue well and made the situation much more fun and rich."

Regarding the film 'Negotiation', the film 'Negotiation', which was filmed on an overseas location in September, he said, “I know it is the only work that has completely finished overseas location.” “It is inspected once every two weeks and the movement is limited. One result.” For fellow actor Hwang Jung-min, who appeared in 'Negotiation', he said, "He breathed very well.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/408/0000110144

I love that Han Ji Min, My Name Is Kim Sam Soon and Secret Garden were briefly brought up. Most of his projects were brought up in a way. He doesn't share much about Bargaining/I don't think he can share much though

Part 2:

Is there a scene in 〈Crash Landing on Love〉 that says, ‘Oh, this is what I really saved.’

(Laughter) Did you live well? I was well saved... What could be? I do not know. Author Park Ji-eun's writing is very interesting.

Yes. I felt it too.

The lines are so interesting that the scenes come alive even if I convey only those articles and the author's intention for the situation. However, the role of the actor was the difference in how he moved his body and at what tempo he exchanged dialogue. I don't think it's easy to say'Oh, this is what I've done well' because the text itself was fun.

Speedmaster Moon Phase Co-Axial Master Chronometer Chronograph 44.25mm 13 million won Omega.

Speedmaster Moon Phase Co-Axial Master Chronometer Chronograph 44.25mm 13 million won Omega.

In particular, the ambassadors of female comrades in North Korea where Lee Jung-hyuk lives was shining brightly. Ma Young-ae (Kim Jeong-Nan), Na Wol-suk (Kim Sun-young), Hyun Myeong-soon (Jang So-yeon), Yang Ok-geum (Cha Cheong-hwa), etc.

The lines are also lines, but the seniors expressed them very well. They gave us a good taste of the dialogue and made the situation a lot more fun and enriching.

In an interview in 2018, he said,'I want to show you some more popcorn movies'. I was impressed with those words.

In 2018, it will probably be after 〈Changgwang〉. I thought it would be nice if it was a work that the audience could enjoy. I thought it would be nice not to use my head or worry while taking a break. Of course, it doesn't mean that thinking and thinking is bad. However, there are many other mediums that deliver messages that make us worry. For example, there may be books. Movies and dramas could also convey a message, but I thought I needed a piece that made time pass by just laughing and having fun, saying, ‘Hiri-ric’. So, most of the works that were long at that time were like that. So did <The Clerk>, and so was the <Negotiation>.

I thought that might be a bit difficult for an actor to say.

is that so?

Most of the actors seem to want them to be considered serious actors in serious work. But, isn't it that the characters in the popcorn movie aren't easy to act?

right.

Especially funny acting is really difficult.

It's really difficult. You have to be modest, but the viewers have to be interested and entertained.

Seamaster Diver 300M Co-Axial Master Chronometer 42mm Necton Edition 7 million won Omega.

Seamaster Diver 300M Co-Axial Master Chronometer 42mm Necton Edition 7 million won Omega.

That's why actors with many years of experience often say that it's harder to be funny than to sound.

Yes. It's hard to make someone laugh. Even if it's not acting.

I wondered if the character of Hyunbin's main body was revealed a little in the scene where Seri was saying that Lee Jung-hyuk couldn't play games.

I thought it would be nice to show a difference from the character in the first half. If Jung Hyuk was sitting there seriously with the same expression of Jung Hyuk, the scene wouldn't be fun. I put out my lips a little more, and I'm sitting in a sitting posture that doesn't look like it was. I wanted to draw the scenes that keep chasing while following Serie in contrast to the character of Jung Hyuk who built in the beginning. In such a situation, I tried to show that there could be such a side to Jung Hyuk. I thought that scene was the image of Jung Hyuk, who can only be shown to Seri.

Yes. Even the coldest person becomes like a child in front of a lover. Is there a little childlike innocence in your personality?
I don't know if it's pure (laughs)... Like Lee Jung-hyuk who fell in love with the game, when he likes something and becomes interested, he just says'Wow! There is a side to tackle.

When I searched YouTube, there were a few videos called'Hyunbin's Half Horse Moment'. I think fans love it a lot. Do you easily get acquainted with actors your age, such as Han Ji-min and Son Ye-jin?

I think it takes a lot of time to get acquainted.

It's not a style that makes friends easily, but are there any actors you are close to?

In the case of Jimin's case, both works were done together, and Yejin also worked on both works. Regardless of whether there are a lot of scenes or a few acting together in a work, there is a period of time for one work. It's a style that learns slowly while communicating for 6 months to 3-4 months.

Then, to become close with Hyunbin... .

(Laughter) Wouldn't it be the fastest to work together?

First of all, you have to become an actor. (Laughs) You are famous for watching screenplays carefully.
It seems that the scenario is also very interesting, and it completely depends on when you read it. For example, a scenario that deals with a subject that I'm interested in recently and a recent thought looks different. It seems to be a little different depending on the condition. The scenario seen when the condition is really bad and the scenario seen when the condition is very good are read differently. So do books. Some books may be better to read when you are in your teens, while others are better when you are in your 30s. Written messages seem to have such a peculiarity. Rather than'reading the scenario carefully,' I tend to read the scenario while considering these points a little. So when I work, I don't look at other scenarios. Scenarios can look different during physically difficult times. On the other hand, it is because I felt sorry for the work I was acting at the time. It's because I read the scenarios of other works when I have to fully devote myself to the work. So, I watch several times when there is no work.

What do you think is your turning point in filmography? I thought it was 〈Negotiation〉 and 〈Negotiation〉.

Well… It's a bit difficult to say that it's a turning point, but in the case of 〈Illusion〉, it's the first work I did after leaving the military, so the meaning is a little different. It is also the first historical drama in a movie. But I don't think I've changed something.

〈Negotiation〉 is also a little different. Wasn't it the first time you played the perfect villain? Until then, I had a rough male role in 〈Gongjo〉, but I wasn't a complete villain. The character of 〈Negotiation〉 is a bit complicated, but he is a villain. So it was fun too.

It was fun for me too. I kept filming a scene in full like a play. It was really fun to film the movie that way the whole time.

When I think about it, the scene of Min Tae-gu (played by Hyun Bin) would have been almost one scene. It's an environment where you can't divide cuts. But there is also such a thing. Since Hyunbin came out as a villain, there was no way I could just hate it.

(Laughter) I have to get excited.

Seamaster Diver 300M Co-Axial Master Chronometer Chronograph 44mm Price Undecided Omega.

Seamaster Diver 300M Co-Axial Master Chronometer Chronograph 44mm Price Undecided Omega.

In movies, I mainly focused on genres, but in fact, in the drama field, I was a'Roco Triplet'. It also goes through generations. Honestly, isn't it unfamiliar to see your character in 〈My Name is Kim Sam-soon〉?

(Laughter) I'm embarrassed when I see it now. But, on the other hand, I think that it was an act that could only be done at that time. It contains expressions and images that could only be shown at that time. If I tell you to do it now, I don't think I can follow it.

People who have become fans of Hyunbin belatedly are surprised when they see 〈The Secret Garden〉. The roles of Gil Laim (played by Ha Ji-won) and Kim Joo-won (played by Hyun Bin) who have changed inside are comical, right?

The work is also similar. I myself have changed a lot now. My thoughts have changed, the way I express myself, and the way I look at scene has changed. Acting is of course embarrassing (when I look at the acting at that time), and it looks immature (when I look at it now), but on the other hand, I think that I can only do it then.

**(it's not God - other Koreans fixed the translations when they saw it said he had mentioned "God" - it is actually scene/acting scene

After filming 〈Bargaining〉, he returned to Korea in September. In the coronavirus situation, we drew attention by completing successful overseas location shooting. Maybe it is the only team that has been abroad.

I know it is the only work that has completely finished overseas locations since the start of the Corona 19 situation. Teams that were already filming overseas may also stop filming due to returning to Korea, or change locations. There are also many works waiting. We only changed the order of shooting. Originally, I was planning to shoot the Jordan first and then the domestic one, but I took the domestic one first and then moved on to Jordan.

I heard that the quarantine procedures were really thorough.

I have an examination every two weeks, and the movement is limited to some extent. I think that's natural. If any situation such as infection occurs, the filming itself will all stop. Fortunately, it was over, and no one came in safely.

How was the local shooting environment?

The weather is hot in Jordan. When we went, it was about 43 degrees. The local staff in Jordan were so good. He worked so hard, and he was very kind. Basically, even among Jordanians, it's not polite to get angry or raise their voice while looking into the eyes. So, I didn't have to raise my voice directly.

How is your breathing with Hwang Jung-min?

I really liked it. I have been personally acquainted with it for a long time, but this is the first time I met in the work. I think I learned a lot. First of all, the will to create a work well, and the gaze that encompasses everything in the field is so great. (Senior Jung Min) Director, production, lighting, camera, make-up, and clothes. I'm watching everything. So, if there is anything that could be of help to this scene, I catch each one, talk to the department, and hold a meeting. I saw a scene where one scene and one scene were made without taking a blank picture. The passion and energy for that acting is amazing. Would it be said that the energy keeps driving from the morning to the end of the day?

Incredible. It's usually possible to manage your physical fitness really well.

Yes. I think I was surprised a lot in that respect.

There is only one line of synopsis released from 〈Bargaining〉. 'The story of diplomats and NIS agents struggling to rescue Koreans kidnapped in the Middle East'. Is there anything you can tell me about?

I think I can only tell you that much yet.

16 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

I love that Han Ji Min, My Name Is Kim Sam Soon and Secret Garden were briefly brought up. Most of his projects were brought up in a way. He doesn't share much about Bargaining/I don't think he can share much though

Part 2:

Is there a scene in 〈Crash Landing on Love〉 that says, ‘Oh, this is what I really saved.’

(Laughter) Did you live well? I was well saved... What could be? I do not know. Author Park Ji-eun's writing is very interesting.

Yes. I felt it too.

The lines are so interesting that the scenes come alive even if I convey only those articles and the author's intention for the situation. However, the role of the actor was the difference in how he moved his body and at what tempo he exchanged dialogue. I don't think it's easy to say'Oh, this is what I've done well' because the text itself was fun.

In particular, the ambassadors of female comrades in North Korea where Lee Jung-hyuk lives was shining brightly. Ma Young-ae (Kim Jeong-Nan), Na Wol-suk (Kim Sun-young), Hyun Myeong-soon (Jang So-yeon), Yang Ok-geum (Cha Cheong-hwa), etc.

The lines are also lines, but the seniors expressed them very well. They gave us a good taste of the dialogue and made the situation a lot more fun and enriching.

In an interview in 2018, he said,'I want to show you some more popcorn movies'. I was impressed with those words.

In 2018, it will probably be after 〈Changgwang〉. I thought it would be nice if it was a work that the audience could enjoy. I thought it would be nice not to use my head or worry while taking a break. Of course, it doesn't mean that thinking and thinking is bad. However, there are many other mediums that deliver messages that make us worry. For example, there may be books. Movies and dramas could also convey a message, but I thought I needed a piece that made time pass by just laughing and having fun, saying, ‘Hiri-ric’. So, most of the works that were long at that time were like that. So did <The Clerk>, and so was the <Negotiation>.

I thought that might be a bit difficult for an actor to say.

is that so?

Most of the actors seem to want them to be considered serious actors in serious work. But, isn't it that the characters in the popcorn movie aren't easy to act?

right.

Especially funny acting is really difficult.

It's really difficult. You have to be modest, but the viewers have to be interested and entertained.

That's why actors with many years of experience often say that it's harder to be funny than to sound.

Yes. It's hard to make someone laugh. Even if it's not acting.

I wondered if the character of Hyunbin's main body was revealed a little in the scene where Seri was saying that Lee Jung-hyuk couldn't play games.

I thought it would be nice to show a difference from the character in the first half. If Jung Hyuk was sitting there seriously with the same expression of Jung Hyuk, the scene wouldn't be fun. I put out my lips a little more, and I'm sitting in a sitting posture that doesn't look like it was. I wanted to draw the scenes that keep chasing while following Serie in contrast to the character of Jung Hyuk who built in the beginning. In such a situation, I tried to show that there could be such a side to Jung Hyuk. I thought that scene was the image of Jung Hyuk, who can only be shown to Seri.

Yes. Even the coldest person becomes like a child in front of a lover. Is there a little childlike innocence in your personality?
I don't know if it's pure (laughs)... Like Lee Jung-hyuk who fell in love with the game, when he likes something and becomes interested, he just says'Wow! There is a side to tackle.

When I searched YouTube, there were a few videos called'Hyunbin's Half Horse Moment'. I think fans love it a lot. Do you easily get acquainted with actors your age, such as Han Ji-min and Son Ye-jin?

I think it takes a lot of time to get acquainted.

It's not a style that makes friends easily, but are there any actors you are close to?

In the case of Jimin's case, both works were done together, and Yejin also worked on both works. Regardless of whether there are a lot of scenes or a few acting together in a work, there is a period of time for one work. It's a style that learns slowly while communicating for 6 months to 3-4 months.

Then, to become close with Hyunbin... .

(Laughter) Wouldn't it be the fastest to work together?

First of all, you have to become an actor. (Laughs) You are famous for watching screenplays carefully.
It seems that the scenario is also very interesting, and it completely depends on when you read it. For example, a scenario that deals with a subject that I'm interested in recently and a recent thought looks different. It seems to be a little different depending on the condition. The scenario seen when the condition is really bad and the scenario seen when the condition is very good are read differently. So do books. Some books may be better to read when you are in your teens, while others are better when you are in your 30s. Written messages seem to have such a peculiarity. Rather than'reading the scenario carefully,' I tend to read the scenario while considering these points a little. So when I work, I don't look at other scenarios. Scenarios can look different during physically difficult times. On the other hand, it is because I felt sorry for the work I was acting at the time. It's because I read the scenarios of other works when I have to fully devote myself to the work. So, I watch several times when there is no work.

What do you think is your turning point in filmography? I thought it was 〈Negotiation〉 and 〈Negotiation〉.

Well… It's a bit difficult to say that it's a turning point, but in the case of 〈Illusion〉, it's the first work I did after leaving the military, so the meaning is a little different. It is also the first historical drama in a movie. But I don't think I've changed something.

〈Negotiation〉 is also a little different. Wasn't it the first time you played the perfect villain? Until then, I had a rough male role in 〈Gongjo〉, but I wasn't a complete villain. The character of 〈Negotiation〉 is a bit complicated, but he is a villain. So it was fun too.

It was fun for me too. I kept filming a scene in full like a play. It was really fun to film the movie that way the whole time.

When I think about it, the scene of Min Tae-gu (played by Hyun Bin) would have been almost one scene. It's an environment where you can't divide cuts. But there is also such a thing. Since Hyunbin came out as a villain, there was no way I could just hate it.

(Laughter) I have to get excited.

In movies, I mainly focused on genres, but in fact, in the drama field, I was a'Roco Triplet'. It also goes through generations. Honestly, isn't it unfamiliar to see your character in 〈My Name is Kim Sam-soon〉?

(Laughter) I'm embarrassed when I see it now. But, on the other hand, I think that it was an act that could only be done at that time. It contains expressions and images that could only be shown at that time. If I tell you to do it now, I don't think I can follow it.

People who have become fans of Hyunbin belatedly are surprised when they see 〈The Secret Garden〉. The roles of Gil Laim (played by Ha Ji-won) and Kim Joo-won (played by Hyun Bin) who have changed inside are comical, right?

The work is also similar. I myself have changed a lot now. My thoughts have changed, the way I express myself, and the way I look at scene has changed. Acting is of course embarrassing (when I look at the acting at that time), and it looks immature (when I look at it now), but on the other hand, I think that I can only do it then.

**(it's not God - other Koreans fixed the translations when they saw it said he had mentioned "God" - it is actually scene/acting scene

After filming 〈Bargaining〉, he returned to Korea in September. In the coronavirus situation, we drew attention by completing successful overseas location shooting. Maybe it is the only team that has been abroad.

I know it is the only work that has completely finished overseas locations since the start of the Corona 19 situation. Teams that were already filming overseas may also stop filming due to returning to Korea, or change locations. There are also many works waiting. We only changed the order of shooting. Originally, I was planning to shoot the Jordan first and then the domestic one, but I took the domestic one first and then moved on to Jordan.

I heard that the quarantine procedures were really thorough.

I have an examination every two weeks, and the movement is limited to some extent. I think that's natural. If any situation such as infection occurs, the filming itself will all stop. Fortunately, it was over, and no one came in safely.

How was the local shooting environment?

The weather is hot in Jordan. When we went, it was about 43 degrees. The local staff in Jordan were so good. He worked so hard, and he was very kind. Basically, even among Jordanians, it's not polite to get angry or raise their voice while looking into the eyes. So, I didn't have to raise my voice directly.

How is your breathing with Hwang Jung-min?

I really liked it. I have been personally acquainted with it for a long time, but this is the first time I met in the work. I think I learned a lot. First of all, the will to create a work well, and the gaze that encompasses everything in the field is so great. (Senior Jung Min) Director, production, lighting, camera, make-up, and clothes. I'm watching everything. So, if there is anything that could be of help to this scene, I catch each one, talk to the department, and hold a meeting. I saw a scene where one scene and one scene were made without taking a blank picture. The passion and energy for that acting is amazing. Would it be said that the energy keeps driving from the morning to the end of the day?

Incredible. It's usually possible to manage your physical fitness really well.

Yes. I think I was surprised a lot in that respect.

There is only one line of synopsis released from 〈Bargaining〉. 'The story of diplomats and NIS agents struggling to rescue Koreans kidnapped in the Middle East'. Is there anything you can tell me about?

I think I can only tell you that much yet.

@ElectricHearts, thanks for sharing this part of the interview for the lifestyle magazine Esquire Korea! I wish to see him and Jun Ji-Hyun in a movie or drama. I hope this would happen in the future if not soon.... I also want to see him reunite with Kim Sun Ah some day. I definitely wish him the best of the best! I adore this man! What is there not to love this man? HB is so Hot! He looks so very fine, very flawless! He never disappoints me in anything he does. "Crash Landing on You" is an amazing drama. Love this drama. I'm looking forward to Hyun bin’s upcoming project/s. :blush:

2020 Korean Dramas On Netflix That Won Our Hearts Big Time

2020-Dramas.jpg

2020-korean-dramas-on-netflix.jpg

As the season of 2020 Korean Dramas winds down in a few days, expect a parade of fond lookbacks from all the stories we enjoyed this year.

2020 was a rough year for everyone, but it was a year full of amazing K-dramas that made us laugh, cry, and hope for a better future. From super romantic stories about a crash landing to a heartwarming friendship between doctors, there was something for everyone.

If you are preparing a schedule for your holiday season K-Drama marathon, look no further! Sip your favorite hot chocolate, binge on your favorite food or go for a chimaek session while enjoying these 2020 Korean Dramas on Netflix that you will surely love.

Crash Landing on You

Crash Landing on You was a spectacularly addictive tale of love and friendship across the two Koreas. The border-defying romance between Yun Se-ri (Son Ye-jin) and Ri Jeong-hyeok (Hyun Bin) provided us with the perfect escape from reality.

Both heartbreaking and hilarious, it provides everything you want from a drama. Full of incredible chemistry and funny characters, this is the stuff that can change a non-K-drama fan’s mind. In addition, it provided some insight into what life in the closed-off nation might look like.

crash-landing-on-you-kdramadiary.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : HelloKpop

https://www.hellokpop.com/featured/2020-korean-dramas-on-netflix-that-won-our-hearts-big-time/

*** Four Japanese cities starting with Tokyo  next year (Jan. 8) will host an exhibition on "Crash Landing on You." Later in Osaka, Fukuoka and Nagoya. The series is so popular in Japan. The drama remained the longest this year on "today's top 10 content" on Netflix. It also ranked No. 1 on Netflix Japan's top 10 list of the "most talked about works of 2020" released on Dec. 14.  :blush:

20201218110454952_1HJEJ54V.jpg

photo source : Korea.net

These Cute Throwback Photos Of Our Fave K-Drama Actors Will Make Your Day

We've already talked about our favorite Korean actors' first major acting gigs, and now, we've decided to list down some of our fave oppas and remember how they looked like then and how they look like now. Our conclusion? Gwapo talaga sila, guys! 

Here's how some of our fave oppas looked like in the early days of their careers:

korean-actors-before-and-after-160862134

1. Hyun Bin

Hyun Bin's potential was recognized when he played the lead role in the Koreanovela My Lovely Sam Soon as Hyun Jin Heon. Idk about you but this hairstyle gives me so much Dao Ming Si pre-long hair vibes, and the F4 leader is my favorite! 

Korean actors and how they look like before and now

In 2019, our Binnie became Captain Ri, a North Korean soldier in Crash Landing On You  and my oh my, he never fails to serve (pun intended, hehe) talaga!

[SBS Star] Hyun Bin Expresses Regret for Not Being Able to Meet International Fans

201503850_1280.jpg

Actor Hyun Bin reminisced about the time when he filmed 'Crash Landing on You' and shared thoughts on the drama's international success. On December 21, fashion magazine Esquire Korea dropped photos from their recent photo shoot and interview with Hyun Bin. Hyun Bin Hyun BinDuring the interview, Hyun Bin talked about his drama 'Crash Landing on You' that ended in last February. Hyun Bin said, "At that time, I had a lot of worries. Since filming for the drama was pretty difficult, there were times where I actually want to skip forward in time."

201503854_1280.jpg

201503853_1280.jpg

During the interview, Hyun Bin talked about his drama 'Crash Landing on You' that ended in last February. Hyun Bin said, "At that time, I had a lot of worries. Since filming for the drama was pretty difficult, there were times where I actually want to skip forward in time."

201503852_1280.jpg

Spoiler

The actor also expressed thanks to his fans as the drama was still charting high on OTT platforms worldwide. He said, "When I receive offers from overseas, I responded with handwritten letters instead as I'm not able to physically visit them right now," sharing how much he regrets that he was unable to directly meet his international fans due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

201503855_1280.jpg

201503851_1280.jpg

Although the drama achieved a groundbreaking success, Hyun Bin revealed that he has never once predicted the success of any projects he took part in. He said, "With dramas, I only get a sense after about half of the episodes have aired. The atmosphere on set reflects that as well."

(Credit= Esquire Korea, tvN)

(SBS Star)

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1006136561

The World’s Top 10 Most-Streamed K-Dramas On Netflix In 2020

How many have you seen?

This year, K-Dramas have been more popular than ever worldwide—especially thanks to simultaneous streaming on Netflix. These were the top 10 most-streamed K-Dramas on the platform in 2020.

5. Crash Landing on You

Crash Landing on You was the 5th most-watched K-Drama on Netflix this year, and the 57th most-watched TV show on Netflix this year overall.

aA10xarmRW7sVJRW8jhA0hm2NqWt-qUkKkD5fh1yQFNDLtx9NXEGonLUDZLFhYem9Aqx4pQPWqFdcw-Hslegum8VIQkyf17Nn-SytqmcTBlsrEU=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 | tvN

Originally produced for tvN, Crash Landing on You premiered on December 14, 2019. Starring Hyun Bin, Son Ye Jin, Kim Jung Hyun, and Seo Ji Hye, this romantic dramedy follows a chaebol heiress who is rescued by a North Korean Special Police Force captain after accidentally crash-landing in the country. Alongside its popularity on Netflix, Crash Landing on You is also the 3rd highest rated K-Drama in Korean cable TV history.

LpfJGOBf5H40tISld4H1EEBdIGgYAUIgKVYFyW6NIGVTC7IUND_Zc-bWH6riaGgtDLglQqSPC3Obg72K7fgALIFqlAbr1b2C1snsIMjwhShJ3UQ=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

| tvN

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : FlixPatrol

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/streaming/world/2020/full

The 8 Best K-Drama Couples Of 2020

5e44ce7b6f3e4d548c99ad47ee69f917.jpeg?s=

One detail that can make or break a K-drama is the lead couple. Sometimes, no matter how out-of-this-world a plot can be, the leading actors just don’t have that it factor together. Luckily, 2020 did not disappoint and offered several iconic couples. In no particular order, here are the K-drama couples that enchanted our hearts this year.

Hyun Bin & Son Ye Jin in “Crash Landing On You”

Perhaps one of the most beloved couples on this list is Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin from tvN’s “Crash Landing On You.” This star-crossed lovers story starts when Yoon Se Ri (Son Ye Jin) crashes into North Korea while testing out her paragliding gear for her popular company called Se Ri’s Choice. It’s there that she meets the stoic soldier Ri Jung Hyuk (Hyun Bin), who eventually takes it upon himself to protect her and get her back to South Korea unharmed.

son-ye-jin-crash-landing-on-you.gif

hyun-bin-crash-landing-on-you.gif

This drama charmed viewers from the moment it began, especially since fans were eager to see Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin reunite after their 2018 film “The Negotiation.” To say that Se Ri and Jung Hyuk had to fight tooth and nail for their happily ever after almost seems like an understatement. Their chemistry pulls you in throughout all the funny, angsty, and romantic scenes that this drama has to offer. They left a lasting impression on our hearts and are surely one of the most iconic couples in K-drama history.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

Hyun Bin Looks Even More Dazzling in His Recent Pictorial

202012210904723049_1_20201221090906894.j

202012210904723049_2_20201221090906907.j

Hyun Bin, who became an even bigger Hallyu star with Crash Landing On You, decorated the recent Esquire magazine with his handsome visuals.

The cover of Esquire magazine’s January 2021 issue, which Hyun Bin participated in, was unveiled. At the news of Hyun Bin’s appearance on the cover, requests for re-publishing Esquire Korea are pouring in from China and Taiwan.

Hyun Bin, who played North Korean soldier Ri Jung Hyuk in Crash Landing On You, shared, “Writer Park Ji Eun’s lines are so lively that just delivering her intention enlivens the scenes.” He then praised his fellow actors such as Kim Jung Nan and Kim Sun Young, saying, “They delivered such tasteful lines and created even more funny and rich situations.”

202012210904723049_3_20201221090906936.j

202012210904723049_4_20201221090906947.j

As for his new film Bargaining (literal title), which he finished filming in Jordan back in September, Hyun Bin added, “I believe that this is the only film that finished its overseas shooting. It is the result of thorough quarantine, with checkups every two weeks and limited movements.” Regarding Hwang Jung Min, whom he is working with for the film, he said, “We had such amazing chemistry.”

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0003445177&cid=1073787

8 top K-drama stories of 2020: how Crash Landing on You became a hit (despite the plot holes), how It’s Okay to Not Be Okay’s Kim Soo-hyun spends his cash, and much more

f90ada80-4339-11eb-be92-09cd005df0bf_ima

This year has been an unforgettable one for all of us – partly due to the social distancing regulations and travel bans that resulted from Covid-19. But while we were stuck at home, the booming Korean drama genre was among the media that kept our spirits up. As 2020 comes to a close, we look back at eight of the most memorable K-drama moments both on- and off-screen.

5 reasons Crash Landing on You became a sensation

1488f746-4336-11eb-be92-09cd005df0bf_972

Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin in Crash Landing on You. Photo: Netflix

Crash Landing on You broke records when its final episode peaked at a 24.1 per cent domestic viewership rating, clocking in an average 21.7 per cent overall viewership to beat what was formerly Korean TVN channel‘s highest-rated drama, Goblin, at 20.5 per cent. The drama is also officially the second highest-rated cable drama next to 2018’s Sky Castle.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

8 Korean drama actors in their 30s making a comeback

9d07863c-4336-11eb-be92-09cd005df0bf_972

The year 2020 saw many of Korea’s biggest hallyu actors of the early 2000s making huge comebacks on the small screen, crossing genres and taking on challenging roles a second time around.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

4 of Crash Landing On You’s biggest plot holes

7273e144-4337-11eb-be92-09cd005df0bf_972

Crash Landing On You had every element to make the perfect Romeo and Juliet love story. Star-crossed lovers separated by a border and their respective nationalities – heartbreaking, but realistic enough.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Which South Korean ‘CF King’ is the most bankable brand ambassador?

bd53816e-4338-11eb-be92-09cd005df0bf_972

Not only do they rake in huge per-episode fees for the hit dramas that made them famous, South Korea’s most sought-after actors also make a fortune through multiple endorsement deals, or what they call “CF” in Korea – commercial films. Find out

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/celebrity/article/3115169/8-top-k-drama-stories-2020-how-crash-landing-you-became

LOL that articles analysis of his pictorials. I am pretty certain that is not why he is holding the glass of water. It is like how he is holding a champagne glass with ice in his seasons greetings. He is not going to assume what drink people would like. So everyone drinks water lol.. However, glass of water theme is quite common in photoshoots too - there have been other covers with glass of water. Plus most OMEGA watches are water resistant. So kill two birds with one stone?! 

christmas greeting

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJM5XopBK-G/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJK9ncInz7z/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJLO7NaJy9K/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJCuE0hFJdL/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJKosAsF3lG/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

NEW CF for DrForHair shampoo to come

Lots of other Crash Landing On You related articles lately too on Variety, Popsugar etc :) 

A Selection Of The Best Of 2020 K-Dramas - Kpopmap Editor's Pick

This year has been filled with awesome dramas and some are already so hard to forget. With the end of the year, it is time for an editor's pick to remember the best of this year.

We tried to keep this article as spoiler-free as we could! Note that dramas starting this December are not included.

Dramas filled with the most pretty romantic scenes

"The King: Eternal Monarch", "Crash Landing on You", "Tale of the Nine Tailed", and "Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol" are the four dramas that had the most pretty romantic scenes this year.

Dramas-filled-with-the-most-pretty-roman

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/a-selection-of-the-best-of-2020-kdramas-kpopmap-editors-pick/

The top 10 K-dramas of 2020, from Start-Up to The Uncanny Counter

Korean entertainment hit a high point in 2020, notably with the Academy Award success of Bong Joon-ho’s Parasite. Yet while the movie industry went on to suffer following the onset of Covid-19, Korean dramas have been flourishing across the globe.

It has not just been lockdowns that have been driving viewers to the small screen, however. The Korean drama machine made its boldest strides in 2020, exploring exciting new territory in terms of theme and genre, in addition to its bread-and-butter tales of romance – forbidden or otherwise.

With so much to choose from, many of our favourites could not quite make the cut for this list, which includes a couple of shows that debuted in December 2019 but had most of their episodes screened this year, while a few more recent series haven’t quite wrapped up their runs.

Here are our picks of the 10 best K-dramas of 2020, ranked from good to great.

6. Crash Landing on You

Without a doubt the biggest star pairing of the year was Son Ye-jin and Hyun-bin – previously co-stars in the thriller The Negotiation – in the hit series Crash Landing on You.

This tvN drama is the tale of two star-crossed lovers – she the fashion executive heiress, he the North Korean military officer – who meet when a tornado shifts her parachute into a tree on the wrong side of the DMZ between the Koreas.

Imagined life on the other side of the border is a bonus, but in an otherwise by-the-numbers story, it’s the chemistry and wonderful performances of the leads that make this one a keeper.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : AsiaOne

https://www.asiaone.com/entertainment/top-10-k-dramas-2020-start-uncanny-counter

*** I heard that there will be a "Crash Landing On You" 2nd season. IDK if this is true, though. But, rumors about the plot has been revealed. One of the fans in a "Crash Landing On You" Facebook group shared an article on Devdiscourse that talked about Netflix reportedly sharing details about the plot. Rumors are circulating saying that the plot of the second season of "Crash Landing On You" might deal on conflicts between North Korea and South Korea. It will also bring the love between Captain Ri Jung Hyuk, reprised by Hyun Bin, and Yoon Se Ri, portrayed by Son Ye-jin. I wonder will the story also tackle the pregnancy of Yoon Se Ri? hahaha - The last few minutes of "Crash Landing On You" had fans theorizing that Son Ye-jin's character may be pregnant, but the story did not confirm this. Netflix has not yet issued any official statement about the sequel as of press time.  :blush: