Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

'Negotiation' A dense 108-minute push-and-pull built with super trust between director and actor 

SOURCE

0003251745_001_20230116161001381.jpg?type=w430

[DAILY SPORTS | REPORTER JEONG JIN-YOUNG]

The movie 'Negotiation' is the result of trust. 

On the afternoon of the 13th, at Megabox COEX in Gangnam-gu, Seoul, a media preview of the movie 'Negotiation' was held. Director Lim Soon-rye and actors Hwang Jung-min, Hyun Bin, and Kang Ki-young, who starred in the event, sat down and talked about the movie. 

'Negotiation' is a movie about the process of diplomat Jae-ho (Hwang Jung-min) heading to Afghanistan and meeting with NIS agent Dae-shik (Hyun Bin) to carry out an operation together when the worst abduction of 23 Koreans by the Taliban occurred. The two bicker with each other over the initial negotiating method, but eventually understand each other through a series of processes and develop a joint operation.

0003251745_002_20230116161001415.jpg?type=w430

Hwang Jung-min, who plays the role of diplomat Jae-ho and leads the play from the beginning, decided to appear in 'Negotiation' without hesitation. It is because of the trust and gratitude to director Lim Soon-rye, who led him to the path of film with the movie 'Waikiki Brothers'. Hwang Jung-min showed firm trust in director Lim, saying, "I said I would appear without even seeing the scenario." 

Hwang Jung-min and Hyun-bin are actually close senior-junior colleagues. This friendship between the two shines through in the movie, and Jaeho and Daeshik develop a better relationship. Hyun Bin said, “I felt a lot while working on this work.” 

Hwang Jung-min also said, “I felt like I was growing bigger by exchanging energy with Hyun Bin. It was a very happy job.” 

Kang Ki-young plays Kasim, an interpreter, and injects the energy of laughter into a play full of tension. Kang Ki-young said, “Honestly, because the language was so unfamiliar to me, I couldn’t understand and learn all the meanings. She also has memorized lines like song lyrics or rap,” he said. “The commander-in-chief in the movie is actually an actor from Afghanistan. He felt great when he said to me, 'I think I can hear what you're talking about.' He will work hard on any foreign language in the future,” she said.

0003251745_003_20230116161001444.jpg?type=w430

'Negotiation', which is based on a real case that is considered the worst kidnapping case, will be released on the 18th.

Finally, I will see Hwang Jung-min X Hyun-bin's 'Negotiation' tomorrow... Domestic media praise

SOURCE

0001242271_001_20230117142101290.jpg?type=w430

yna1065624913938609_482.jpg

0001242271_002_20230117142101538.jpg?type=w430

On the 17th, the movie 'Negotiation' released a new review poster containing rave reviews, further raising expectations for the movie.

The published poster catches the eye with the intense visuals of diplomat Jeong Jae-ho (Hwang Jung-min) and NIS agent Park Dae-shik (Hyun Bin), who are making faces with determination in a desolate desert. The appearance of the two people, who reveal a tremendous sense of responsibility to save the hostage, raises expectations on how to solve the worst kidnapping case ever.

The domestic media did not hesitate to praise 'Negotiation', leaving reviews such as "a lingering aftertaste waiting after a bout of action" and "a finished commercial film with flawless acting and a smooth ending."

The favorable reviews that continued even before the release not only add trust to the reality of the tension-filled negotiation operation and the extraordinary resonance that the film will show, but also raises expectations for the highly immersive and passionate performances of the two actors who overcome the difference in different ways and unite only to save lives. 

As of 7:00am on the 17th, according to the Yeongjinwi’s integrated computer network, 'Negotiation' recorded a real-time reservation rate of 24.9%. 

'Negotiation', which ranked first in the overall reservation rate and predicted a smooth sailing at the box office, can be seen at the theater on the 18th.

• Like 2

[Film Rating] 'Negotiation', a film depicting the suffocating process of rescuing hostages in  Afghanistan

[SUNSHINE NEWS]
Director Lim Soon-rye, who is familiar with the films <The Whistleblower>, <Little Forest>, and <Waikiki Brothers>, is expected to make her first film in 5 years. The movie <Negotiation> is scheduled to be released on January 18th. Hwang Jung-min, who played the main character in his first feature film through <Waikiki Brothers>, said in an interview, “(Director Lim Soon-rye) was the one who made it possible for me to make a movie. (Through this movie) I think it was an opportunity to show that I was doing well this far.” He said he was happy to reunite after 21 years. At the same time, I first met <Negotiation>, announcing the first release of a Korean film in 2023, at COEX Megabox on January 13 through a media preview, including a new meeting with actors Hyun Bin and Kang Ki-young.

177108_335771_640.jpg

■ Negotiation (The Point Men, 2023)
Unboxing: 2023.01.18. 
Genre: Drama 
Synopsis: "Isn't the keynote of this negotiation to make no victims under any circumstances?"

The worst abduction of Koreans by the Taliban takes place in Afghanistan, a conflict-affected area. Jae-ho (Hwang Jung-min), a diplomat who specializes in negotiations but is new to Afghanistan, meets Dae-shik (Hyun Bin), an agent of the National Intelligence Service. A diplomat with clear principles and an NIS agent who is well versed in local affairs. Although their positions and methods are different, the two work together towards the goal of saving the hostages. The deadline for killing is approaching, and the chances of successful negotiations are getting slimmer in a situation where negotiation partners and conditions change every moment...

Spoiler

177108_335762_135.jpeg

<The good thing about this movie: It's good to know> 
1. The story of 'people' who ran to save people because they were human beings

The movie <Negotiation> shows the existence of those who were busy in Afghanistan to rescue the hostages, and 'what process and considerations did they go through to achieve negotiations?' It started with the question. Jeong Jae-ho (Hwang Jung-min), a negotiator who acts according to diplomatic principles on behalf of the government; <Negotiation>, which is being made, deals with the process of negotiations between the 'Taliban' and the 'local diplomatic team' as 23 Koreans who came all the way to Afghanistan for missionary work were taken hostage by the Taliban. The film is not from the perspective of 'hostages', but from the perspective of 'people to save', so you can feel the frustration and regret about the reasons and circumstances for not being able to save the hostages right away. In the meantime, the Taliban's pressure on the hostages makes them even more difficult. If you feel these emotions intact through the characters, the ending credits will be rolling up before you know it.

Spoiler

177108_335769_143.jpeg

2. <The Best Moment of Our Lives>, <The Whistleblower> New film for the first time in 5 years by director Lim Soon-rye, who specializes in true story films

The film <Negotiation> was produced based on the '2007 Taliban kidnapping of Koreans'. This is not the first time director Lim Soon-rye has made a film based on a true story. We all know director Lim Soon-rye's directing skills through <The Greatest Moment of Our Lives>, which tells the stories of Korean women's national handball team players at the 2004 Athens Olympics, and <The Whistleblower>, a film based on Hwang Woo-suk's stem cell case.

Spoiler

177108_335765_138.jpeg

Actors Hwang Jung-min, Hyun Bin, and Kang Ki-young, who will give wings to this, join forces to put their strength into the movie. Regarding the collaboration of the three actors, director Lim Soon-rye said, “I needed an actor who could convince, and Hwang Jung-min brilliantly held the center of the movie. Hyun Bin was an actor I always wanted to be with, and I wanted to show a rough and free side we hadn't seen before through the character of 'Park Dae-shik'. The natural trust toward each other felt in the two-shot of Hwang Jung-min and Hyun-bin, who are actually close friends, greatly helped the three-dimensional chemistry of the two. Kang Ki-young made it lively and fun by keeping her delicate lines well despite the difficulties of adding her acting to her foreign language skills.” 

177108_335767_140.jpeg

3. If the negotiations fail, the hostages will die. A realistic scene of <Negotiation> that adds to the unpredictable tension.

The breathtaking performances of the actors grab and drag by the collar, but expressing the surroundings is also very important. In particular, Afghanistan, the main background of this <Negotiation>, is a country so unfamiliar to us that it is mistakenly known as the Middle East even though it is Central Asia. It is no exaggeration to say that filming in such a place is an 'another level of difficulty' for the director and staff. To make matters worse, due to the strict policies of each country regarding the corona at the time of filming, they chose 'Jordan' with a similar background in a situation where filming in Afghanistan was not possible. To create the perfect atmosphere of 'Afghanistan', the actors, the language, and there is nothing they haven't tried, and even some scenes are said to have been filmed in 'Korea'.

Spoiler

177108_335761_134.jpeg

<Conclusion>
Star Rating - Completeness of 
story 
★★★★★★★★☆☆

- Immersion 
★★★★★★★★★☆ 
(The tense atmosphere between the Afghan negotiating team and the Taliban makes me feel immersed throughout.)

-Overall review 
★★★★★★★★★☆ 
(A breathtaking epic created by 'people' who want to save people)

177108_335760_133.jpeg

In response to the question of how the movie <Negotiation> is likely to be remembered, actor Hyun Bin said, “Negotiation was successful. After going through a lot of negotiations, it seems that the filming of the movie 'Negotiation' has been completed safely.” This word represents the hard work of the production team who went through numerous difficulties as well as negotiations with the Jordanian authorities, local staff and actors while making the film. Their efforts increase immersion and fun in the movie. Throughout the film, 'Can the hostages return alive?' The movie <Negotiation> made my hands sweat with the question. Let's go check out the 2023 blockbuster directed by Lim Soon-rye.

[2017/01/18] 6 years to <Confidential Assignment> released as Lunar New Year line up and marks Hyun Bin as a box office king.

C7-FA1858-6335-4-EEE-AB48-A3-E9-DCA4-AD5

0423-E57-D-411-D-471-D-90-F8-409-DE3-BA4

[2023/01/18] TODAY <The Point Men> also line up for  Lunar New Year. Fighting  Binnie!!

E31-B82-FD-8493-468-A-810-B-67203753-F10

Spoiler

E7-C802-F7-4-D60-4-AA1-999-A-7-B77-D0-FA

PlusM IG update.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnimiCQpWKF/?igshid=MWI4MTIyMDE=

< How to relieve the tension of the nurse >

HB : "Fighting!!" and cheer me up.
KKY: "It's okay~"

Q. Do you eat popcorn when watching a movie.

HB: X
HJM: X
KKY: O

Q. Apart from my character, there is a coveted role.

HB: O
HJM: O
KKY: X

Q. I am confident in negotiation.

HB: X

Q.There is a reason I recommend the movie <Negotiation> .

HB: O

Spoiler

Director Lim Soonrye interview.  

Q.Behind the scenes of entering Jordan!!
LSR: “The reason why the team entered Jordan was easy, thanks to Hyun Bin, because director of the Jordan Film Commission likes <Crash Landing On You> and is a big fan of Hyun Bin, so the team can easily enter the country, and the director is encouraged to continue filming.

The power of Hyun Bin :kiss_wink:
Spoiler

[2023/01/16] <The Point Men> casts interview with Yonhap TV.  

Q. Foreigners were banned from entering the country before filming began. Is there an reason?

LSR: "The agency that grants filming permission is the Jordan Film Commission, and the person who makes the best decision of the film committee is Hyun Bin's big fan, so we benefited a lot from that." 

FULL POST

Q. Why did you cast Hyun Bin for the role of Dae-shik?

LSR: "In fact, Dae-shik was not an easy role to cast. Unlike the image we commonly think of as an NIS agent, he is basically a very free-spirited person, and takes great responsibility in his work entrusted to him.  
“I thought what it would be like if Hyun Bin transformed into such a manly role, unlike his previous image, and showed that, and I wanted to bring out a different image of Hyun Bin.”

“Fortunately, Hwang Jung-min and I have a very close relationship in private, but we've never done a movie together, so I thought it would be nice to match that chemistry."

Spoiler

When watching the preliminary preview, everyone said that they enjoyed the action scenes.

Actor Hwang Jung-min showed his affection for Hyun Bin on MBC FM4U's 'Good Morning FM', which aired on the 18th, Hwang Jung-min, an actor from the movie 'Negotiation', appeared. 

On this day, Hwang Jung-min answered "Hyun Bin" to the question, "Which actor had the better acting sum between Hyun Bin and Kang Ki-young in 'Negotiations'?" 

Regarding the reason for mentioning Hyun Bin, Hwang Jung-min said, "I had to match the role Hyun Bin played. I matched more than the role played by Kang Ki-young." Then, he added a sweet confession that  Then he added a sweet confession, "I like Hyun Bin."”Hyun Bin's wife, Son Ye-jin, would be jealous of, saying, "I like her Hyun Bin." 

Hwang Jung-min expected a box office hit for 'Negotiation', which was released that day. He said, "The number of viewers is important. Theaters and everything are shrinking because of Corona 19, but a Korean movie will be released for the first time this year. I hope 'negotiation' goes well and becomes active." 

The target audience was also revealed. "Honestly, I'm looking at about 5 million," he said. In addition, when Hwang Jung-min reaches 5 million viewers, he said, "I will conduct a radio show for a day," and said, "I would like Jang Seong-gyu to be with me instead." Jang Seong-gyu readily accepted his offer. 

SOURCE

‘Negotiation' fought against the 40-degree desert... 

SOURCE

Released on the 18th, behind-the-scenes stills released 
"The locals are surprised by the vividness of the Korean staff"

515840_632293_290.jpg

[News Culture Correspondent Kwon Soo-bin]

As 'Negotiation' announced its release, behind-the-scenes stills from the eventful filming site in Jordan were released. 

The movie 'Negotiation', which depicts the negotiating strategy between a diplomat and a local NIS agent who went to Afghanistan to save Koreans held hostage by the Taliban in the worst kidnapping case, will meet the audience from the 18th.

An undisclosed behind-the-scenes still from the movie 'Negotiation'.  Photo = Plus M Entertainment

Spoiler

An undisclosed behind-the-scenes still from the movie 'Negotiation'.  Photo = Plus M Entertainment

In the undisclosed behind-the-scenes stills released on this day, you can see the struggles of the actors and production crew who endured the hot weather under the hot sun. In order to capture the realism of Afghanistan, which is the background of the film, they filmed in the desert, and due to the local hot temperature of over 40 degrees, they had to cool the engine with cold water and punctured car tires. Director Lim Soon-rye, who was in charge of directing, said, “The hardest thing was the heat in the desert. The heat of the desert, which I had never experienced before, was beyond my imagination.” He also said, “It was the local staff who were really tired from the heat, and the locals were surprised by how vivid the Korean staff was” and conveyed the enthusiasm of the “Negotiation” team, who finished filming without losing their smiles even in adverse conditions.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hwang Jung-min, who played the role of Jeong Jae-ho, a diplomat specializing in negotiating to Afghanistan to resolve the kidnapping case, said, “As a diplomat, I always wore a long-sleeved suit. I was so envious of the other characters,” revealing the secret story of sticking to the long arms to make use of the character’s characteristics even in hot weather. 

On the contrary, Hyun Bin, who played Dae-shik, who has a rough and free personality, revealed his efforts to express the character of an NIS agent who is well versed in the local situation, saying, “I tried to show a rough look by cutting my hair a little unusually and growing a beard.” 

Kang Ki-young, who plays Kasim, a weed-like Korean who survived in the back alleys of Afghanistan, said, “Really like a local. Looking at her simple image, she felt more like a local than a local.” 

Edited by ferily
Maximum of 3 images per post, please put any other images in spoiler tag. Thanks!

Opening D-DAY ‘Negotiation' beats ‘Avatar 2’ to take first place in real-time reservation rate

SOURCE

0000406252_001_20230118100102220.jpg?type=w430

[CELEB MEDIA]

The movie 'Negotiation' (director Lim Soon-rye) ranked first in the reservation rate. 

According to the real-time reservation rate of the Korea Film Council on the 18th, 'Negotiation' ranked first with a reservation rate of 27.7% as of 9:00 am. The number of ticketed spectators is 116,417. 

Actors Jung-Min Hwang, Bin Hyun, Ki-Young Kang, etc. appeared, and director Lim Soon-rye, who directed 'The Whistleblower' and 'Little Forest', took the megaphone. 

Meanwhile, 'Avatar: Road of the Water' ranked second on the day with 20.2% of the reservation rate, and 'Ghost' (director Lee Hae-young) took the third place with 16.2% of the reservation rate. 

Hyun Bin, hedgehog father's rough transformation... Visuals that makes you gasp

2023.01.18. 3:11 pm
SOURCE

0000592088_001_20230118151101364.jpg?type=w430

[TEN ASIA]
Actor Hyun Bin went through a rough transformation through the movie 'Negotiation' (Director Lim Soon-rye). 
His visuals filling up the screen make me say 'Huh'. 

'Negotiation', which was released on the 18th, depicts the negotiating operation of a diplomat and a local NIS agent who went to Afghanistan to save Koreans held hostage by the Taliban in the worst kidnapping case. The motif was the 2007 kidnapping of the Saemmul Church missionary group in Afghanistan. 

Hyun Bin played Park Dae-shik in the play. Park Dae-shik is an NIS agent specializing in the Middle East and Central Asia who will try to rescue the hostages no matter what.

0000592088_002_20230118151101398.jpg?type=w430

Hyun Bin cited fiction as the reason for appearing in 'Negotiation'. Although she was based on a true story, she said that the character she played was created with the addition of her imagination. He emphasized, “Because I am a person, I am on a mission to save my own people. I thought about it and looked at it with that gaze. 

Hyun Bin embarked on a transformation of an image she had never seen before. She underwent a drastic transformation to her appearance, including a rough beard and hairstyle that was far from the dandyness of NIS agents, and outfits optimized for the desolate terrain and climate of the local area. 

Hyun Bin's unconventional transformation is also outstanding, but a clean style visual also appears in the play. She wears a suit and with her bangs down, she sports a beardless look. It doesn't take long for the scene to appear, but Hyun Bin thought about it. It was because she had a beard and dark appearance, and when she lost her beard for a moment, she was afraid that she would look too far away or look like a pretty boy.

0000592088_003_20230118151101428.jpg?type=w430

Director Lim Soon-rye said she wanted to give Hyun-bin a role with a new atmosphere that he hadn't shown before. She said she wanted to give Hyun Bin, who was always beautiful, a rough and free atmosphere. This means that she wanted to show Hyun Bin, who is a lonely and lonely man who lives a cool life. 

In addition, in the movie, the shower scene where Hyun Bin takes off his top, the scene where Hyun Bin appears without a beard, and the motorcycle action scene satisfy the public's needs for looking at Hyun Bin. Director Lim Soon-rye knew what the fan base expected. She utilized it to the extent permitted within the film. 

'Negotiation' was filmed in Jordan three years ago through the COVID-19. Director Lim Soon-rye and other actors have been looking forward to the release date. At the time of the release of 'Cooperation 2: International', Hyun Bin was a prospective father, but the release of 'Negotiation'  now he became a hedgehog father.