Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

class="titleNews"[Ratings: Wed, 03.04.15]

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Dramas

1. KBS Unkind Women 11.8
3. MBC Kill Me, Heal Me 11.5
4. SBS Hyde, Jekyll, Me 3.8

Variety

1. MBC Radio Star 6.4
2. SBS Eco Village 3.8
3. KBS Invisible Man 2.8

*All ratings are based on AGB Nielsen Media Research

Photo Credit: KBS, MBC, SBS / enews

class="headline"Korean drama ‘Hyde Jekyll, Me’ has a case of identity crisis

Me, myself and I dunno: Hyun Bin (left) has a split personality disorder but that doesnt stop Han Ji-min from falling in love with one of his identities.

Here’s our review of a show about a man with multiple personality disorder.

Good-looking stars? Check. Romantic scenes? Check. Ingenious plot? Erm, not so. Hyde Jekyll, Me – SBS’s latest dramedy series – boasts Hyun Bin and Han Ji-min as the leads, but that’s about all the stars it’s going to get.

The premise of the show isn’t all that bad. Gu Seo-jin (Hyun) is cold and calculating, and the director of a fun and cheerful theme park. He suffers from a dissociative identity disorder stemming from a childhood trauma and so his biggest fear is when his second personality, Robin, takes over. Never mind that Robin is but a sweet kind soul with a saviour complex.

In comes Jang Ha-na (Han), who has just returned from the Cirque du Soleil in Las Vegas to help revamp the park’s circus troupe, and take over as circus master from her late father. Which is unfortunate, since Seo-jin already has his mind set on terminating the failing attraction.

As the two develop a hate-hate relationship, it is Robin who comes to literally save the day (cue dangerous falling objects and manly hero pushing damsel in distress out of the way in the nick of time).

Ha-na starts to fall for Robin, all the while thinking he is Seo-jin’s twin brother.

All this sounds fine and dandy, but within the first couple of episodes, you may already notice tiny cracks in the plot. It’s worrisome, seeing that the show may end up as just another 20-episode K-drama that has outstayed its welcome.

SBS has always had a good track record from The Heirs and My Love From The Star to the recent Pinocchio; the South Korean network has a flair for combining a star-studded cast with a charming storyline.

Much of the anticipation leading up to the premiere of Hyde Jekyll, Me must have a lot to do with Hyun’s return to the K-drama scene – it was five years ago when the 32-year-old made a heart-rending and lasting impression in the mega-hit Secret Garden, opposite Ha Ji-won.

There, Hyun also played the split-personality card to his advantage, although the identities were of a slightly different kind (he played both a man and a woman).

It was a surprise to see the first episode of Hyde Jekyll, Me start off on the wrong foot. Instead of focusing on the fun bits that are a staple of most K-dramas (tragic back story or hints of an epic romance about to unfold), the show opens with a day in the life of a snarky character. Hyun plays Seo-jin’s meanness to the max and we’re left wondering why he is the way he is.

Without reading the show’s synopsis, you might be inclined to think that all Seo-jin suffers from is a heart condition, seeing how he goes about monitoring his heart rate and insisting that it should never go above 150, but without really explaining why. Blink and you might miss the twist that Seo-jin actually has a personality disorder.

It’s hard to come to terms with the show’s premise that nobody in Seo-jin’s life seem to want Robin around, despite the fact that he is the better character of the two.

The lack of chemistry between Hyun and the show’s leading lady, played by Rooftop Prince’s Han, is the biggest disappointment.

Having done great in Rooftop and Padam Padam, Han looks a little out of place here as Ha-na, never fully expressing the character’s likeability. She, presumably, should be ditzy but lovable and graceful/cool enough to perform fantastic feats on the trapeze.

Han’s scenes with Hyun seem very contrived, making his turn as the sweeter-than-marshmallows Robin almost cringeworthy, maybe because he has to really turn on the charm to support their budding romance.

Coupled with a weaker-than-usual supporting cast, Hyde Jekyll, Me seems bound for disaster, though there are hints of better things to come (cue kidnap/murder of the person holding the key to the plot’s mystery).

The show is riddled with a clash of identities far beyond those experienced by the leading character but it would still be interesting to see how everything pans out, if only to determine who’s who.

Hyde Jekyll, Me airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 8.55pm on ONE HD (Astro Ch 393).

source : The Star Online

'Hyde, Jekyll and I' Seong Joon threatens Han Ji-min in front of Hyeon Bin

photo571652.jpg

On the March 3rd episode of SBS Wednesday & Thursday drama, 'Hyde, Jekyll and I', Yoon Tae-joo (Seong Joon) threatened Jang Ha-na (Han Ji-min)'s life right in front of Goo Seo-jin (Hyeon Bin).

While Goo Seo-jin was having dinner with Jang Ha-na at his place, electricity went out. Yoon Tae-joo appeared behind Jang Ha-na in the dark.

Yoon Tae-joo threatened Jang Ha-na saying, "There's a truth you and I need to uncover together", which shocked Goo Seo-jin.

'Hyde, Jekyll and I' depicts a triangle love between a woman and the two opposite personalities of one man.

Source : www.osen.co.kr/articl...

Translation : Hancinema

class="titleNews"[Ratings: Thurs, 03.05.15]

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Dramas

1. KBS Unkind Women 11.8→11.5
3. MBC Kill Me, Heal Me 11.5→9.8
4. SBS Hyde, Jekyll, Me 3.8→4.7

Variety

1. KBS Happy Together 6.0

Photo Credit: KBS, MBC / enews

Ji Seong and Hyeon Bin, a fateful choice

photo572957.jpg

It's a war in the miniseries market.

Some get a few million for an episode and some get paid in the tens of millions. Choosing the right scenario is critical. One project might change someone's future and decide how much he or she is worth. Their fee lies on their decision and so does the number of advertisement contracts. Top stars also have to be sincere about what they decide to maintain their status.

Here's where Ji Seong and Hyeon Bin's competition comes in. They are both starring in the MBC drama "Kill Me, Heal Me" and SBS "Hyde, Jekyll and I", respectively. The results show that Ji Seong is obviously in the lead. The viewing percentage doubles that of Hyeon Bin's and reviews about their acting also differ.

However, not many expected Ji Seong to win. Hyeon Bin initially was given the script for "Kill Me, Heal Me". Pen Entertainment struggled to hold onto him but they failed. He chose "Hyde, Jekyll and I" instead. This is his first drama since his National Service duty. Attention drew to this drama because of this and people expected viewing percentages to soar.

The production for "Kill Me, Heal Me" failed to get Hyeon Bin and they also gave out the script to many actors. Lee Seung-gi was a likely candidate but he didn't join. They reached out to Ji Seong and Hwang Jeong-eum, who previously starred together in KBS 2TV "Secrets", so there was a chance that it could get boring.

It must not have been easy for Ji Seong to agree to a drama that so many actors turned down. However, he didn't let his ego get the best of him and showed his passion for the drama. He said at the press conference, "I wanted to do this drama ever since I heard about the troubles it went through with casting. Then it came to me".

Eventually, Ji Seong and Hyeon Bin got what they wanted. However, Lady Luck only stuck to Ji Seong. He is being reviewed that it is the best decision of his life and he manages to stay in the lead. On the other hand, Hyeon Bin is in tears. His drama has been in the single digit since the beginning and critics are saying he needs a change. It must hurt more as he was a well-known star.

The exchange of joy and sorrow is also shown in the number of ads they made. Agents used to prefer Hyeon Bin and Han Ji-min over Ji Seong and Hwang Jeong-eum. The standard to a sale advertisement relies on the stardom of the main model. At first the Hyeon Bin effect had influence, resulting in total sales, but now, it's the other way around. With the popularity of "Kill Me, Heal Me" rising more and more, "Hyde, Jekyll and I" is dropping.

The two dramas formed competition at first for their similarities in element and casting. However, Hyeon Bin lost and Ji Seong is the last one standing. Their choices changed their fates.

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c...

I wouldn't compare actors anyway... 
And I don't think the choice even changed their fates. They both are awesome actors. 
It's not a crime to be fans of two actors now is it? 
I am already a fan to many actors =)) ... Why so bias when all are amazing... just enjoy all =)) ... there's no way they are gonna be our soul mates... It's easier, we can have millions of fav actors like a player =))

Guest bindi

I think everyone just get LUCK to every job they take. So the low rating of HJM is just wrong time for this drama airing.

I always support every actor who always act sincerely like hyun bin did. Fighting Hyun Bin!!

Guest jinjjapurry

when people only talk about rating rating rating...i don't even care about that... because i've seen hyun bin in more than 5 different cfs in 2015. if they talk that sponsors/client will go to actor with good rating drama they truly wrong.. they only see the sponsors who take part in the drama.. not the overall ads.
i try not to compare these two actors..i just stick to hyun bin's hyde jekyll me simply because i love hyun bin acting since his daebak saegon drama - SG and his efforts to potray the character.. i know ji sung also a great actor.. but his acting not suit my preference since the first time i saw him on protect the boss.

Guest bindi

when people only talk about rating rating rating...

i don't even care about that... because i've seen hyun bin in more than 5 different cfs in 2015. if they talk that sponsors/client will go to actor with good rating drama they truly wrong.. they only see the sponsors who take part in the drama.. not the overall ads.

i try not to compare these two actors..i just stick to hyun bin's hyde jekyll me simply because i love hyun bin acting since his daebak saegon drama - SG and his efforts to potray the character.. i know ji sung also a great actor.. but his acting not suit my preference since the first time i saw him on protect the boss.

Definitely agree with you, chingu.. #fingercross

Ji Seong and Hyeon Bin, a fateful choice

It's a war in the miniseries market.

Some get a few million for an episode and some get paid in the tens

of millions. Choosing the right scenario is critical. One project might

change someone's future and decide how much he or she is worth. Their

fee lies on their decision and so does the number of advertisement

contracts. Top stars also have to be sincere about what they decide to

maintain their status.

Here's where Ji Seong and Hyeon Bin's competition comes in. They are both starring in the MBC drama "Kill Me, Heal Me" and SBS "Hyde, Jekyll and I", respectively. The results show that Ji Seong is obviously in the lead. The viewing percentage doubles that of Hyeon Bin's and reviews about their acting also differ.

However, not many expected Ji Seong to win. Hyeon Bin initially was given the script for "Kill Me, Heal Me". Pen Entertainment struggled to hold onto him but they failed. He chose "Hyde, Jekyll and I"

instead. This is his first drama since his National Service duty.

Attention drew to this drama because of this and people expected viewing

percentages to soar.

The production for "Kill Me, Heal Me" failed to get Hyeon Bin and they also gave out the script to many actors. Lee Seung-gi was a likely candidate but he didn't join. They reached out to Ji Seong and Hwang Jeong-eum, who previously starred together in KBS 2TV "Secrets", so there was a chance that it could get boring.

It must not have been easy for Ji Seong

to agree to a drama that so many actors turned down. However, he didn't

let his ego get the best of him and showed his passion for the drama.

He said at the press conference, "I wanted to do this drama ever since I

heard about the troubles it went through with casting. Then it came to

me".

Eventually, Ji Seong and Hyeon Bin got what they wanted. However, Lady Luck only stuck to Ji Seong. He is being reviewed that it is the best decision of his life and he manages to stay in the lead. On the other hand, Hyeon Bin

is in tears. His drama has been in the single digit since the beginning

and critics are saying he needs a change. It must hurt more as he was a

well-known star.

The exchange of joy and sorrow is also shown in the number of ads they made. Agents used to prefer Hyeon Bin and Han Ji-min over Ji Seong and Hwang Jeong-eum. The standard to a sale advertisement relies on the stardom of the main model. At first the Hyeon Bin effect had influence, resulting in total sales, but now, it's the other way around. With the popularity of "Kill Me, Heal Me" rising more and more, "Hyde, Jekyll and I" is dropping.

The two dramas formed competition at first for their similarities in element and casting. However, Hyeon Bin lost and Ji Seong is the last one standing. Their choices changed their fates.

*** Thanks for sharing this. Ye, it was reported before that Hyun Bin was also offered the lead role in "Kill Me, Heal Me." However, we really can't predict, which dramas will be successful later on. Besides, it's Hyunbin & his side's choice. And I will always support HB.  :)>-

[Ratings: Wed, 03.11.15]

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Dramas

1. KBS Unkind Women 12.0

3. MBC Kill Me, Heal Me 9.2

4. SBS Hyde, Jekyll, Me 3.8

Variety

1. MBC Radio Star 4.8

2. SBS Eco Village 4.3

3. KBS Invisible Man 2.8

Photo Credit: KBS / enews

"Hyde, Jekyll and I" Hyeon Bin and Han Ji-min's romance needs progress

photo573913.jpg

Robin and Seo-jin's romance with Jang Ha-na is pretty much boring.

The episode of the SBS drama "Hyde, Jekyll and I" showed Seo-jin (Hyeon Bin) expressing his love for Jang Ha-na (Han Ji-min) and Robin being jealous of it.

Ha-na was confused. Seo-jin asked her if he could love her but she

told him, "I think the reason you like me is because I was your cure.

But I like someone I can laugh and be comfortable with. Why don't you

rethink your decision?"

However, she was worried about Seo-jin when he'd went to meet

Soo-hyeon and hugged him tight when he came out safely. Her response

wasn't in line with her actions.

She couldn't decide between the two men, Robin and Seo-jin. When

Robin tried to announce his identity to the world to protect his love

with Ha-na, she worried about Seo-jin and stopped him.

She then told chairman Goo that she was seeing Robin but she wasn't in any kind of relationship with Seo-jin.

Of course, Ha-na's actions are completely understandable as she is

stuck between a man with multiple personalities. But the point is that

it's dragging too long. The romance is going in circles without any

progress and it's frustrating.

The characters are losing their interest as well. Robin just seems

like an obsessive boy who saved Ha-na and won't let go of her and Ha-na

is losing faith as she can't make up her mind between the two guys.

With the end nearing, the leading female still hasn't made up her

mind about the man she wants to be with. There desperately needs to be

some development in this romance figure.

Translation : Hancinema

Korean actors and their Hollywood Counterparts

Sometimes when words fail you, it's easy to explain your favorite Korean actor/actress to your friends as the "Korean version" of a global, Hollywood

star. But ever wonder what your favorite Korean actor/actress would

actually be like if they competed in a film industry across the world? 

Here are our guesses! 11 Korean actors and their Hollywood counterparts, let's go.

Hyun Bin ≈ Ryan Gosling

go-hyun-jung_1426199370_RyanGosling_E.jp

Hey girl, you know what these guys are made of? Boyfriend material. When it comes to rich assholes or just dopey boys in love, Hyun Bin and Ryan Gosling can

do both. A girl's chick flick fantasy come to life, Hyun Bin and

Gosling make all the ladies swoon for decades with their boyish looks

and charm. I mean, have you seen these guys suited up? Dayum.

source : allkpop

[Ratings: Thurs, 03.12.15]

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Dramas

1. KBS Unkind Women 12.0→12.2

3. MBC Kill Me, Heal Me 9.2→9.4

4. SBS Hyde, Jekyll, Me 3.8→3.9

Variety

1. KBS Happy Together 5.0

Photo Credit: MBC / enews

Guest chocolate09

Huyn Bin never disappoints me when watching him act.He was born to be an actor.Took me a while to pick another K drama to watch..not sure what is going on abt the rating and the complaints abt the scripts...it is perfectly make sense and perfectly fine to me.If the script are all written by audiences then we shall be concern becuz it will end like always a happy ending and always lots of kiss,hug,bed scene.Huynbin acting is super and he is one of the finest actor that i would ever want to watch.

Guest jinjjapurry
always love to see him in many CFs.. below are my most fave :x

http://gifgifs.com/resizer/
source: CJ Food Freshian cf

http://gifgifs.com/resizer/
source: cantata coffee cf