[Drama 2012] The Equator Man 적도의 남자

Admin

Guest seizh

lol just to show you how is this dumb dramas war  are effecting some silly  fans.. the drama board on daum has been steadily attacked by the other 2 dramas fans meaning they write rubbish and give the drama 0 rating to push the rating down whats funny that today I have noticed a fashion king fan with fake accounts or fans doing this ! lol how old are those ppl

woww, seriouslyyy. those people need to keep 'em richard simmons calm. /:

Anyways, I actually enjoy episode 8, and can't wait to know what's gonna happen next week

i'm guessing he's gonna get his blind eyes fixed now that he has met his father

:D :D

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jordi

Full Ratings

AGB Nielsen Korea

8th episode:

Nationwide: 10,8% (-3,5%)

Seoul: 11,2% (-4,2%)

TNS Media Korea

8th episode:

Nationwide: 11,7% (-1,4%)

Seoul: 13,4% (-2,4%)

King 2Hearts (7th) - ratings AGB: 11,0% (Nationwide) / 12,6% (Seoul) ratings TNS: 10,7% (Nationwide) / 13,1% (Seoul)

King 2Hearts (8th) - ratings AGB: 12,5% (Nationwide) / 14,4% (Seoul) ratings TNS: 12,3% (Nationwide) / 14,8% (Seoul)

Rooftop Prince - ratings AGB: 12,5% (Nationwide) / 14,2% (Seoul) ratings TNS: 12,1% (Nationwide) / 13,5% (Seoul)

Guest littlepig310

I am not feeling well  so I wont be writing afull summary besides there has been some scenes that really need subs.. so this with be a short one

Sunwoo starts investigating about the president ..Somi finds out about Sunwoo and Jiwon and recalls it is the same girl with Jang II and she tries to use that..also she sees Sunwoo writing in Braille and steals the letter and tries to copy the symbols... Jang Il imagines himself in court as a prosecutor and sees he is prosecuting  his dad...also there is some reminiscent of the mirror scene in ep4

Jiwon and Sunwoo go shopping and when Sunwoo takes someone else clothes and wallet by mistake he is accused of stealing ... Jiwon stands up for him and when the man pushes Sunwoo she slaps him and starts throwing eggs at him .. when the man abuses her.. Sunwoo hits him with stick old Sunwoo style

afterwards Jiwon feeling sorry gives him a kiss in the bus

Jang II meets the president wife and her daughter probably some matchmaking stuff

Sunwoo has a nightmare where the president was trying to run him down but hits Jiwon instead

Jiwon gives him a photo and writes behind it a love confession  I bet he will recognize her in the future because of this

Sunwoo starts avoiding Jiwon....she looks for him ....he is cold to her.. she reminds him of the first time they met and tells him she loves him...he still acts careless( he is giving her up fearing for her safety).. she leaves...Sunwoo follows her but Jang II misleads him

the 2 have an intense scene ends up in Sunwoo finally losing it screaming and hitting him.Jang II hits him, and leaves

Jang II drunk and angry has an angry scene with Somi ends up with a an angry kiss and apparently sex..next day she hears him calling Jiwon in his sleep

the president who kept receiving blackmail letters thinking Sunwoo sent them orders him to be killed...a motorcycle hits him he falls and his leg looks bad suddenly he starts laughing hysterically...in his room he talks to Jiwoon and his dad and weeps for the first time and starts smashing stuff as he was about to hurt himself  ... Moon Tae Joo man stops him as the 2 were with him in the room watching him...Moon Tae Joo grabs him and Sunwoo asks who it it is it Jang II.. the man answers I am your father

lol just to show you how is this dumb dramas war  are effecting some silly  fans.. the drama board on daum has been steadily attacked by the other 2 dramas fans meaning they write rubbish and give the drama 0 rating to push the rating down whats funny that today I have noticed a fashion king fan with fake accounts or fans doing this ! lol how old are those ppl

wah...!!!    black hands fans !!  blink.gif  anyway thanks for updating this ...hope you will feel better soon..!!!laugh.gif

I heard that the drama PD has joined the strike? hope it does not effect the drama

castbanner021.jpg

8326cffc1e178a826028630.jpg

1ad5ad6eddc451da1ff8034.jpg

5bafa40f4bfbfbed13a738d.jpg

9f510fb30f2442a77a638d0.jpg

503d269759ee3d6dbac8f76.jpg

4610b912c8fcc3ce53d3c69.jpg

8601a18b87d6277f45573c9.jpg

c9fcc3cec3fdfc030346ed1.jpg

88888887.jpg

9922720e0cf3d7ca7db831d.jpg

I looked at the written preview next week we move forward 13 years later

1334242515304659.jpg

JW: is something wrong...youve been away from the centre for the past few days

SW; why did u come to my house

JW; cause I am worried...

SW:did I say I dont need help

JW: have u eaten dinner

SW: dont want to eat... helping others satisfy you.. makes u feel angelic

JW:I know why..

SW: there is no need...out hearts are not mutuals.. in the future there is no need to help me

JW: Sunwoo was my first love....u recall helping the female student break the wind-shield? that was me....the memory of your eyes remained in my heart

did not know ur name or where u lived but still hoped to meet you one day...u r my first love

SW: I am not the same Sunwoo....u r by my side and I cant see u....even by some miracle I managed to see again I would not recognize you if I saw you on the street...

JW: it is enough that I can recognize u.. as long as u ( did not understand the rest )

SW: dont let me be so humbled again like this

JW: u know how much courage I am using now?

SW:stop playing the angel

JW: ok I understand.. must have been my own delusion...

Guest Bijan630

subject76....thanks for the words which will help me to brace myself for whatever is going to get thrown at me in this drama.  I'm in for the long haul now for the journey it's going to take me on.  Melodrama?  Yes, I understand  K-melodrama's which is why I spent more years watching K-programs than the regular networks in my area. This one just slapped me a bit too hard, too fast in the beginning.  I'm beginning to worry about K-dramas heading toward more violence for ratings as opposed to good storylines which bring awards. 

Starlitelet....I'll hold off on the mental treatment for now, but I'm glad I made you laugh.  I wonder if anyone's up for group sessions?  Are the rates cheaper that way?  Or maybe, we should try to analyze the writer...that's sounds a lot better, doesn't it!

dabdi....White Christmas!!!???  I LOVED IT!!!  (I don't understand why it's hard to find now.  I wanted to watch it again and had recommended it to my friends.) I was prepared for whatever was going to happen in that drama because it was a psychological thriller.  Those type of K-drama's and movies I can handle.  This drama is just out and out cruel.  Wait, I said I was going to suck it up and watch it, so I'm not going to rant, I'm not going to rant, I'm not going to rant...

Episode 6...I'm not going to rant, repeat this mantra to self 9 more times and then continue to take deep, cleansing breaths.   Hmmm, but their's nothing wrong with someone else ranting for me, that way I can sit back and just read it as long as it doesn't spoil anything for anyone else who's watching this drama!!!

So, we have, "I love you, but you won't give me the time of day syndrome".  We have, "I know the truth, but it will interfere with my own personal gain syndrome".  We have, "You're going to be mine and no one else's syndrome".  We have, "I didn't do anything wrong, it's the other guy's fault syndrome".  Wait....ssssiiiiiiggghhhhh....I'm ranting.  Leaving with my head hanging down.

Thanks everyone! 

Guest dabdi

Bijan630!

Well, if you handle The Equator Man as a psychological thriller it won't be so cruel. It will be a psychological thriller with beautiful romantic scenes and with a singing Uhm Tae Woong. :phew:

By the way singing UTW...

Please, can anybody help me with the translation?

가끔 두려워져. 지난밤 꿈처럼 사라질까 기도해.

매일 너를 보고 너의 손을 잡고 내곁에 있는 너를 확인해.

창 밖에 앉은 바람 한 점에도 사랑은 가득한 걸.

널 만난 세상 더는 소원없어. 바램은 죄가 될테니까.

I can read Hangul but I don't understand it. :huh: So I could identify that Seon Woo and Ji Won sing just these 4 verse.

I'd like to insert the lyrics in the Hungarian sub. :wub:

If somebody want to download the song:

http://cfile27.uf.ti...E4F8643ED26D974

ep8

Sunwoo is being trained to be a massage therapist ... he is sent to a room... the president opens the door clearly recognizing him but he lets him in cautiously....

the 2 talk and lie about a couple of things like Sunwoo telling him he got hurt in an accident..Sunwoo tells him his voice is familiar..president is taken back...at the door he gives him a tip and Sunwoo realizes this man sounds like the president...he asks the cleaning lady to identify him from the old photo with his dad but she says he looks similar but she is not sure...he asks hid friend to steal a photo from the president house

Somi hears from the fat guy that Sunwoo is interested in a woman..she goes to see her ...seeing she is Jang II crush she changers her purpose ...first she tells Jiwon she is worried about Sunwoo..she hopes Jiwon is not playing with his feelings...Jiwon answers she is not Sunwoo girlfriend...Somi tells her he a pitiful gut his father committed suicide and suspecting it was homicide he was about to go to the police when the fateful accident and he lost his sight she also tells her he does not recall any of this so I am hoping that you can love him...Jiwon asks her about the accident (he was hit on the head) Somi is surprised....Jiwon says he told me so himself...Somi says he actually fell from a high place...now Somi knows how he became like this and that he is faking amnesia

Jang II with his school mates are in the court room ...he has a fantasy that he is a prosecutor in a homicide case he talks about the strong evidance and asks for life imprisonment only to be shocked to find the accused is his dad who calls his name pleadingly...from behind Sunwoo points at him( he hit me he tried to kill me)

later he is studying and has a nose bleed...he washes his face and stars at his reflection...recalling the mirror scene ..he rehearse again.. .he says ( me...why I did that ..for what reason I attacked you...do u have evidence... Sunwoo dont be like this..I never did that...I am your friend right...your friend)

he runs into Jiwon and the 2 exchange a sad look...he gets a call from Somi who says she wants to come his house to collect her clothes

the president and Jang II talk about the former meeting with Sunwoo...president says Sunwoo seems like he does not recall anything no need to lie to a stranger so maybe the letters are not from him he also asks if Jang II is the one who cause the sight loss the dad says no..

Sunwoo is writing about the president when Somi comes in telling him she should stay over...she tells him she will leave early so his sweetheart would not misunderstand that she saw her..he says she is not his gf...she says..she is a nice girl looks that she cares 4 you...she sees the letter ...she then asks if it is true that he said that was hit on the head....Sunwoo says he assumed that since this happens all the time....she says that he was lucky to stay alive

Jiwon is reading but her voice is hurt he tells her to stop...he is sad he cant do anything 4 her.. she tells him she had no one to go to the movies with...she explains the movie while watching..she is scared and he laughs...later she encourages him to start studying...he asks her to help him shop...when they finish

Sunwoo takes another guy clothes by mistake and the guy accuse him of using blindness to steal...he pushes him and Jiwon hits back and it ends up in Sunwoo beating with the stick....Jiwon tells him she is sorry and gives a shy kiss

in some art gallery Somi watches the presidents wife and her daughter.. she looks with envy at the fancy clothes and jewellery

Jang II meets them for a meal and the daughter is upset when the mother tells her to forget marrying your lover...the wife talk to him about love and blind dating and he says it is early for him to think about this

the cleaning lady identifies the president from the photo...he has a nightmare about Jiwon being killed by the president...he says the president is evil.. he can harm ppl because of me..Jiwon gives him a photo of her..she wrote on the back( seems that I like you...do you need me (or you said you needed me )

after that he surprises her by saying that he can read now by himself now you can help others who need help ...he leaves her with a sad face

shaman sends another letter and he thinks it is from Sunwoo....Somi takes Sunwoo letter and tries to copy the symbols...Jiwon looks for Sunwoo...Jang II watches her...I already posted the conversation between Jiwon and Sunwoo ....when he follows her...he meets Jang II and asks him if he saw a girl walking out...Jang II sees Jiwon nearby

they go inside and Jang II asks him why he stopped going to the centre ..is it because of the girl who just left...Sunwoo says yes...Jang II says he knows her they are school mates...tells him he better forget about her or he will be hurt...he answers him that it is for him to decide that....Sunwoo says I could have died...why am I alive and blind...cant dee can do anything...but I am alive so I eat and hold the hand of the girl...what did I do to be punished ...Jang II says he is sorry...what r u sorry for...because I cant help....Sunwoo screams what help....u and that girl will only be a burden to each other...Sunwoo hits him and tells him I love that woman in order to make mine I have to open my eyes..Jang II shoves him away and walks out

Somi comes to Jang II house and Jang II drunk she tells him she feels sorry for him cause they are alike in the desire to rise...

original version of the duet in ep7

6c74fa3b49ed45499564d8c.jpg

sure she will come back to claim you later

4e4a20a4462309f7f04e44b.jpg

86d6277f9e2f0708147ac3a.jpg

1c950a7b02087bf44de5be4.jpg

777777775.jpg

Guest dabdi

Tango27!

Thanks for the videos!

I love the romantic scenes between Seon Woo and Ji Won, they are so natural and simple and that makes it even more beautiful and believable.

Guest dabdi

Did U think about it, how hard it is for Seon Woo not to express his real feelings infront of Jang Il since he doesn't know his own "adult face".  Jang Il can check up his expressions in the mirror, but Seon Woo... oh that heart breaking last scene in ep 8 with the mirror...

I'm pretty sure he's Chairman Jin's son. In one of the episode it show a scene where Sun Woo's mother and Moon Tae Joo are talking about her being pregnant with Chairman Jin's baby. Sun Woo's mother said something about how she wished she loved Moon Tae Joo because if she did it would have been easier on her. I think the reason why Moon Tae Joo tells Sun Woo that he's his father is because he doesn't want Chairman Jin to cause any more harm. Otherwise another scenario is that he'll be training Sun Woo to go up against his real dad in the business world?

i'm sure he's Chairman Jin's son too and i also think that he'll be training Sun Woo to go up against his real dad in the business world as revange for all  years he was in jail

Archived