[movie 2006] Maundy Thursday/our Happy Time 우리들의 행복&#54620

Guest Airine Pratama

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure if anyone mentioned, but KDW got nominated for Best actor at the 43rd BaekSang Awards because of Maundy Thursday. Read it from the KDW Thread. ^-^ Heres a picture

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/8651/003pb4ng0.jpg

Credits to the KDW Thread

Apirl 25. the 43st Paeksang will celebrate.

the best actor will be selected from 5 films.

The five nominees are:

Kang Dong-Won < Maundy Thursday >

Cho In-Sung < A Dirty Carnival >

Cho Seung-woo -< War Of Flowers >

Byeon Hee-bong -< The Host >

Ryu Seung-Beom < Bloody Tie >

===============================================================

Also In-sung’s chance is higher than other nominees, Seung-woo is very strong too.

The situation is hard to say, in my opinion, Dong-Won maybe a dark horse. ^o^

Let’s wait and see.

credit : lemontea33&nicemao @ kangdongwon.bardubar.com

Guest Browneyes20072008

Can you make the screen to the movie full screen instead of widescreen ?

Because I can't put the subtitles in the movie because the widescreen.

Guest sungified

i just finish watching the movie not long ago.

at first, i didn't give this movie a chance because the cover wasn't so attracting and the main female lead wasn't my favorite. however, since so many people told me how good it was and i'll be sure to have a great cry over the movie, i thought it wouldn't hurt to at least watch it. i'm glad i did, i cried so much at the end because it was extremely emotional and sad. the love between the two lead was so pure and innocent. i totally love it, it's not your typical korean movie and it is so addicting. i'm so going to buy a copy of this and show it to my sister and mom. xD

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sonychak

one of my favorite movies. i cried a lot in this movie. it was deep.

recommend it to anyone. great movie.

Guest Airine Pratama

I'm a bit late in catching this movie...but better late than never. It was soooooooo sad. when he was singing the anthem before he died :tears: :tears:

I do have a question though...in the beginning when LNY was on the internet looking for info on KDW, it showed pictures of him holding people hostage. When did all that happen??

Also, does anyone know what was written on the other pictures that LNY gave to KDW?? The subs showed the translation for the cake picture, but none of the other ones.

I remember in one of the pictures written "Our Happy Time"? The korean title of this movie. I'm not sure if this is what you refer in your question ...

Gong Ji-young's Novel to Captivate Japanese Readers

2007/05/09

"Our Happy Time", a novel by Korea's most celebrated female writer Gong Ji-young, will be published by a Japanese publisher in time for the Japanese premiere of the film that is based on the book.

Gong has already received a positive response in Japan after her book "Things That Come After Love", co-written with renowned Japanese writer Hitonari Tsuji, was introduced in Japan. Hitonari is widely known in Korea for his work, "Between Calm and Passion".

The release of the film "Our Happy Time" will also be helpful in boosting Gong's name recognition in Japan, because the male lead of the film, Kang Dong-won, is a rising star among young Japanese people.

Gong's publisher in Japan said that it is very unusual for the Japanese media to show such keen interest in a Korean writer and added that her novel will benefit from the release of the film in late June or early July.

The publication of Gong's novel in Japan is quite meaningful for the Korean literary circle. It remains to be seen whether the Japanese version of Gong's bestseller can enjoy the same rave reviews that the original Korean version did in Korea, and whether a Korean novel can achieve the same level of success in Japan as Japanese novels in Korea.

credit: http://www.hancinema.net

just finished this movie a while ago.this has got to be one of the sadest movie i have ever seen this movie made me cry from the beginning till end. i had to press pause toward the end coz i was crying so much :tears::tears:

Guest LA_BELLA

just watched this movie today

so beautiful and touching - couldn' t help but cry

kang dongwon' s acting just gets better and better !

Guest yeydogg

i just watched this movie

SO GOOD!!!!

the acting was incredible

i love kdw even more

and i just became a lee na young fan!

<333

News from Japan

Our Happy Time topped the "Top 10 films which people hope to watch soon" on the biggest film website in Japan.

jikan2ko1.jpg

83e4dfdd635c5fea77c6384ai7.gif

translate that page by http://world.altavista.com

002ue4.jpg

source: http://www.walkerplus.com/movie/ranking/?identifier=userrank

credit: nicemao, Baidu

PS: I don't know when oht will be screened in Japan but hope it go well there...

• 1 month later...
Guest athena

It was so amazing....best movie EVER! KDW's country accent sounded strange to me at first since he usually has a gentle voice, but I got used to it. Can anyone recommend other works of Kim Ha Neul's?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest misssay8)

One of the best movies ive seen! it is definately a classic bawling movie. lol havent cried this much in awhile >.<

kang dong won was amazing here, my favorite scene like everyone else's is the last part where he was singing and said he was scared. that scene gets me crying every single time.

Lee na young was great here too. two wonderful actors ^^

Guest sp4078

MUST SEE MOVIES !!!! I'm picky and critize a lot about movie and dramas but I have to say this movie is ..... god, is there any word to describe how amazing it is ?

Anyone wouldn't cry after this movie, I swear you are not human. Both actors are amazing.

Guest anne&top

this movie make me cry buckets!!

its really nice and inspiring.

makes you think about death.

it comes even if ur not up to it.

Guest winksassy

ONE OF THE BEST MOVIE I WATCH

at first i did not expect much because I'm not a fan of serious movie i often like comedy-romance but this movie is different the cast are all good and the story is sooo touching and unique.

it is very seldom to see a movie like this.

MUST SEE MOVIE :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest comicboyz4eva

i first saw someone comment on a movie i was watching saying that Maundy Thursdays was the best movie they have ever seen; so i went to check it out. wellll i have to say in the beginning i was like "...boring.....its okay...not that good...kinda sucky.....ehhh..." it was quite seroius and calm and not to mention, bloody.

but i was just anticipating it would get better since everyone was saying its the saddest movie. so after half of the movie, i thought it got quite interesting, and until the ending, i was definitely proven wrong...this used-to-be-sucky-movie turned into the most-saddening-movie-ever-watched. this is a must watch for everyone!! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Archived