Do You Need Korean Help?

Jaeho

Guest Incise Soul

Misunderstood: 오해 (pronounced "Oh-Hae")

Real: 진짜 (pronounced "Jin-Jjah")

Star: 별 (pr: "Beul") or Stars: 별들 (pr: "Beul-Duul")

merry christmas ;)

Thank you! Merry Christmas =]

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MaryMagdalin

1) 부럽다고 말혀!!

Say that you're jealous!

2) 오이이잉~ 오빠쒸~~

댑빵 오랜만이셈~~

그동안 완전 이ㅃK이 바쁘심이였어^^

오늘은 홀리데이 라구 학교 안갔어~~

완전 행복하심이에요~~

오빠두 앤 하구 아직두 잘되가나바~~

아주아주 이뽀용~!ㅋㅋ

낵아 저나 할께~~~

Oiiing~ Hey Bro (spoken by a female)~~

Long time no see~~

Been so dang busy in that time^^

But today was holiday so didnt goto school~~

Im soooo happy~~

Perhaps you're still doing great with Anne~~

So So Pretty~! Keke

I'll call you~~~

3) 전화를 아예 받지를 말던지 인간아,

연락 안한다고 승질 내지를 말던지~

아요, 그냥 여전해요 , 테리

학교는 좀 어때??

여자친구 이쁘네 :)

Then don't bother picking up the phone at all you "human",

Or else dont get angry at me for not calling~

*sigh*, It's just like always, Terry

How's school??

Your girlfriend is pretty :)

4) 니가준 음악선물 ..배경음악으로 해났어..^^

좋아..^^ㅋㅋ 고마워...

너얼굴 까먹겠어....몇년이 흘러간건지..벌써..^^넌 내가준편지는 잘있는거야??

빨리 만났으면 좋겠다..기영아...^^

The music-gift you gave me .. I set it as the background music.. ^^

Good..^^ keke Thanks...

It looks as though i'll forget your face....Wonder how many years it's been..already..^^Did you keep the letter i gave you nice and safe??

It'll be great if we met soon, Kyoung...^^

5) 애기야~ 누나와따.ㅋㅋ

여친이랑 잘지내는거 보기조쿤..

참 카풀레인 그 티켓은 냇어?ㅎㅎ

담부턴 그런거 잊지말구 조심해서 운전해.ㅎ

담에 함 보자구~ 빠 ~

Hey kiddo~ Sis is home. keke

Its good to see you getting along with your girlfriend..

Oh yeah, did you give the ticket for the ("커풀레인" <--not sure what this is...its something to do with them being a "couple")? Hehe

Next time dont forget that kind of thing and drive safely. Ha

We'll see next time~ Bye ~

^that last one was the hardest for me...i'v tried to the best of my knowledge..hope its mostly correct;)

thanks!!!

i`m going to go kill my bf now......

다행이네 노래 좋아해서~

오늘부터 학교 시작했어... 피곤해 미치겟어 일하면서 공부하니까 바쁘긴한거 같아. 저녘에도 수업있어서 디게 바쁘다. ㅋㅋ 나는 요즘 쑤시집에서 일해. 내가 일하는데 사진 있어.

www.sushiosushi.com ㅋㅋ

나두 누나 얼굴이 가물 가물한데 기억은 나

ㅋㅋ 일 적당히해~ 나중에 맛있는거 많이 사줄게~ ^-^ㅋㅋ

누나 좋은 하루 보내!!

last oneee!!!

someone please translate for mee!!!

Guest MaryMagdalin

reading and getting translated your boyfriends comments/guestbook on his cyworld/something.

lol great

yup ^ ^

HAHAHhahahha

i`m nosy

다행이네 노래 좋아해서~

오늘부터 학교 시작했어... 피곤해 미치겟어 일하면서 공부하니까 바쁘긴한거 같아. 저녘에도 수업있어서 디게 바쁘다. ㅋㅋ 나는 요즘 쑤시집에서 일해. 내가 일하는데 사진 있어.

www.sushiosushi.com ㅋㅋ

나두 누나 얼굴이 가물 가물한데 기억은 나

누나 좋은 하루 보내!!

anyone?

oh and this ^ ^

나두 누나 맛있는거 많이 사줄게~ ^-^

음악 잘들어 내가 맨날 운전하면서 듣는건데 디게 좋더라구. ㅋㅋ

금 요즘에 그냥 일만하는거야? 힘들겠다...

나는 죽어라고 또 공부다 누나... 하기 싫은데 인생이 달렸어... 울아빠보다는 돈많이 벌어야 할텐데... 나 째즈 공부도해야해서 갈길이 디게 멀다... 지금은 켈리포니아 에서 사는데 나중에는 뉴욕같은데 가서 살려구...

누나 화이팅! 좋은 하루보내!

Guest sweet_rain

Hehehe..once again, i'll try my best ;)

let's see...

다행이네 노래 좋아해서~

www.sushiosushi.com ㅋㅋ

나두 누나 얼굴이 가물 가물한데 기억은 나

누나 좋은 하루 보내!!

[NB: For both these texts it is a boy writing to a girl who is older than him]

Well that's lucky! Im glad you like the song~

School started from today... Im tired like crazy and i reckon im so busy coz i have to work and study at the same time. I even have classes during dinner time - so busy. Keke I work at a Sushi shop these days. Here's a photo of where i work.

www.sushiosushi.com keke

I also remember your face fragment by fragment in my memory.

keke Dont work yourself too hard~ I'll buy you something yummy later~ ^-^ keke

Have a good day sis*!!

*not necessarily "sis" as in siblings but "sis" as in he's talking to a girl who is older than him. It is how koreans address people, different from english

나두 누나 맛있는거 많이 사줄게~ ^-^

음악 잘들어 내가 맨날 운전하면서 듣는건데 디게 좋더라구. ㅋㅋ

금 요즘에 그냥 일만하는거야? 힘들겠다...

나는 죽어라고 또 공부다 누나... 하기 싫은데 인생이 달렸어... 울아빠보다는 돈많이 벌어야 할텐데... 나 째즈 공부도해야해서 갈길이 디게 멀다... 지금은 켈리포니아 에서 사는데 나중에는 뉴욕같은데 가서 살려구...

누나 화이팅! 좋은 하루보내!

(boy speaking to a girl older than him)

I'll also buy lots of yummy things~ ^-^

I listen to the music a lot. I listen to it everday in the car and i really like it. Keke

So you're doing nothing but work these days? Must be hard and tiring...

I have to study even if it means death here sis*...I hate it so much, but its something my future is depending on...Its beyond just Dad, it's about me making lots of money... I have to study Jazz as well so there is still a very long way to go... I live in California at the moment but wanna go live somewhere like New York later...

Big Sis* FIGHTING#! Have a great day!

*not necassarily "sis" as in siblings but "sis" as in he's talking to a girl who is older than him. It is how koreans address people, different from english

#"Fighting": Korean cheerleading. To encourage and motivate someone.

Guest inocupcake

Thanks again sweet_rain ^^ And for the 누나 part, I was assuming that they were really close.. so that's why I wrote it all informal.

Guest sweet_rain

that's why i wrote the formal version~~

hahaha, maybe its just me~~i dont have any really close 누나-friends who i speak casual korean to, lol.

most of my friends are same age or younger than me

It feels weird for me to speak informal to a 누나~hahah xD

Guest sweet_rain

can you tell me wat han bun and jung mal jal dae ssh myunh jo el ten dae mean??

thanks^^

Han Bun (한번): Once.

Jung Mal Jal Dae ssh myunh jo el ten dae (정말 잘되시면 좋을텐데): It'll be great if things really do work out well for you.

What do older bros/sis called theri brother younger than them in korean???

Donseng means little bro/sis

(Yoh-Donseng= little sis and Num-Dongseng = little bro)

but when the older bro/sis is addressing the younger one, it'll just be 야 (Ya), which is an informal "You"

YES!! now i dont have to buy a 50 dollar dictionary

Hahahaha, well as far as Pro's and Con's go for both Dictionary and Soompi

With dictionary, u always have access to things u need, but as far as sentences, phrases and expressions in Korean go...a dictionary wont really help at all coz it just tells u the meaning of words. I mean, if u give a person who knows no english a dictionary, they'll know the definition of words, but the person will have trouble formulating sentences.

With Soompi...well i guess we can provide better help when u need to deal with Sentences and phrases (Any text that contains korean/english), but it cant be guaranteed that someone will always be there to translate it for u coz this system is based on volunteer work, lol.

There are 'dictionaries' and translators available thru the internet such as Babel Fish http://babelfish.altavista.com/ but i only recommend it for emergency use as often the translations they give are kinda retarded.

eg: i tried to translate "너를 많이 사랑했었나봐" into English and the Internet translator said it meant "It will be extensive and it loved plentifully to see" When in fact it actually means "I must have loved u a lot"

-_-

Guest Karinojjang~*

^its slightly difficult coz some of those expressions may not exist in the Korean language, but i'll try.

"너는 나의 모든것이야..::;;.,.너는 나의 삶을 유지하는 호흡이야.,.너는 영원히 나의 모든것이니.,.::;;[ 너를 잊으려고 노력을 하는데..왜 못할까? T-T -]"

THANKS U SO MUCH ^^

Guest babossagaji

I encountered a book with korean slang. Hahaha....

I was wondering if this is proper to use for not so intimate friends...

새끼 잘 있었냐?

그리고....자식 있었냐?

왜 그대 임마?

I'm scared I might offend people.

Guest mangchilo

Well, I wouldn't use those for intimate friends.

새끼 잘 있었냐? <--새끼 is kind of the same as saying richard simmons, so I wouldn't use that.

그리고....자식 있었냐? <--This one doesn't make since :unsure: It says Also...was that kid there? Well, kid as in, more of a meany, joking kind of way, if you put it that way. --edit;; Oh, from a book, well...just don't use it, I don't think you're going to use that phrase anyways.

왜 그대 임마? <--Do you mean 왜 그래 임마? Hm...maybe you can use this one. But just jokingly and make the joking clear.

I think that you should make your joking tone REALLY REALLY CLEAR to them if you want to say these, even though I would never use these.

i remember seeign this type of stuff and actually the person who asked is right, they're used when you're just chillin' or sayin hey or joking with your buddies (who're probably guys if you're saying this...), like in english, "yo what up, b*stard/richard simmons," i know some of my guy friends and i say that. if you use them with anyone else you're calling them insulting names and probably being too familiar, too. uh, 자식 literally is like "kiddo" but in a slang context it's kinda like b*stard again if i remember right, like 새끼. and yeah you mean 왜 그래 임마?, and again you would use this with a friend, it's like the first one (새끼 잘 있었냐?). except the one is literally like "you been good?" and the second one is more like "wassap," kind of.

Guest babossagaji

Well, I wouldn't use those for intimate friends.

새끼 잘 있었냐? <--새끼 is kind of the same as saying richard simmons, so I wouldn't use that.

그리고....자식 있었냐? <--This one doesn't make since :unsure: It says Also...was that kid there? Well, kid as in, more of a meany, joking kind of way, if you put it that way. --edit;; Oh, from a book, well...just don't use it, I don't think you're going to use that phrase anyways.

왜 그대 임마? <--Do you mean 왜 그래 임마? Hm...maybe you can use this one. But just jokingly and make the joking clear.

Hmm....I was gonna buy that book...maybe I shouldn't. It said that 새끼 and 자식 actually means baby but it's also slang. Like how Americans use the word @$$h0L3. I wonder who made that book? O_O

i remember seeign this type of stuff and actually the person who asked is right, they're used when you're just chillin' or sayin hey or joking with your buddies (who're probably guys if you're saying this...), like in english, "yo what up, b*stard/richard simmons," i know some of my guy friends and i say that. if you use them with anyone else you're calling them insulting names and probably being too familiar, too. uh, 자식 literally is like "kiddo" but in a slang context it's kinda like b*stard again if i remember right, like 새끼. and yeah you mean 왜 그래 임마?, and again you would use this with a friend, it's like the first one (새끼 잘 있었냐?). except the one is literally like "you been good?" and the second one is more like "wassap," kind of.

Hmm....I guess I won't have a use for it then.

Archived