[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

As I said before if Hwon wasn't such a faithful husband to his Yeon Woo he would be a force to be reckoned with. Seriously he would have all the woman falling at his feet hoping he would make her his concubine. He is such a smooth operator and knows how to play BK. She has no chance. Now I understand they were married for 8 years but when do people start making babies in those days?? Did they have to wait till she was much older like 18 or did they expect BK to get prego at 14 or 16???? I mean even if Yeon Woo was alive I can't imagine them consummating their marriage until much later. If so then technically BK was only waiting for this moment for 3 years?? Yikes. 3 year of a dry spell??? OMG. Poor thing. I am not saying I like her but I can see why she is such a cranky hormonal mess. Too bad she couldn't have her own boy toy. Then she might leave our Hwon alone.

EDIT: Flowerboyraymunshop_FB I love that line. Thank you for reminding me again.Yes, that will be Hwon's answer always. :wub:

EDIT 2:OH I almost forgot, Azuwaza63 love reading your dialogue between you and your hubby. Tell him that we girls of MoonSun Addiction Unit, would think of him as the most romantic hottie in the world if he would make supper, clean up the house (especially the toilets), do the dishes and the laundry. This will hopefully get you in bed with him by midnight so you two can spend some quality time together??

Of course the real reason is to give you plenty of time to rewatch all the episodes, read all the posts on Soompi, check out the Moon Sun youtube vids, BTS clips, listen to the OST and even read some translations so you can spend some quality time with your

:wub: KSH :wub: on screen???

But he doesn't have to know. kekekekek.

Guest MeiMei125

Hello MoonSun crackheads! :D

Does anybody have any links for some subs (besides DarkSmurf)? I watched episode 1 in HULU and I enjoyed it a lot..can we get subs fro Viki?  I just want some episodes in my iPad since I cannot watch it in dramacrazy/Viki (Apple doesn't like Flash) I want to watch it all the time...talking about addiction! :phew:

Thanks a lot!

Hi there, I think withs2 is subbing this drama too. I use the azul app to watch the dramas I download along with soft subs. It works pretty well and I think it reads most type of video files.

:)

the writing looks to be from the same person.

and there were some words that were present in both letters.

most notably, the character "Wol - Moon" or 月

in the first letter, the young Yeonwoo talked about the mountain monk who wanted to bottle the moon.

in the second letter, she signed her letter with 月 for meaning of 'moon' pronounced as 'wol' . . .

*quoted image*

and the content as well.

just like Hyeong-Seon commented both times.

it is rather unusual to see a woman who knows Hanja.

who can also write such complex letter on top of it.

Auntie Mame , dramaok .. thank you sooo much *hugs* ..

that is a very clear explanation as i'm practically "blind" with chinese characters :D

now i know why they're zoom-ing character 月 in that scene .. so it means Wol-Moon

and it's on both letters ..

thank you again ... & have a nice weekend :wub:

the writing looks to be from the same person.

and there were some words that were present in both letters.

most notably, the character "Wol - Moon" or 月

in the first letter, the young Yeonwoo talked about the mountain monk who wanted to bottle the moon.

in the second letter, she signed her letter with 月 for meaning of 'moon' pronounced as 'wol' . . .

*quoted image*

I assume that the drama would have used the same person to write both letters. 

But, I still see a difference in the cross-stroke of the word, 'girl'.  The end point (right end) strength in the cross-stroke of the first apology letter is much more definite than in the second apology letter.  As well as the downward stroke in the word, 'not' is different between the two letters.   The discipline of the writer's hand shouldn't deviate that much. ???  Although it is hard to tell since they have used two different size brushes.  And, YW has matured.  After all,  it was the hand of an innocent 13 yr old who wrote the first letter.  Whereas, it is the hand of an adult without a past and oodles of questions that wrote the second letter.  So, there should be some variations.

The one character that I was hoping to see in both letters was the word, 'person' (ren in Mandarin), which is directly below the word for 'not'.  Since that character only has two strokes, it would be a perfect word to compare.

Boy, this drama is making me dig through my memory.  I actually was able to recognize enough characters to get the gist of most of YW's last letter.  And, it was nice to see that it adhere to the proper etiquette in how she referred to herself in the letter.  We were taught that it is crass to use the pronoun, "I' in reference to ourselves.  That using, 'I',  denotes us to be of the uneducated/lower class.  We are to always refer to ourselves in deference to the person to whom we are speaking.  In the case of YW, she calls herself, "small girl" (shou nuer in Mandarin).  And, that is how she writes.  She doesn't say "I" request.  She says, "Small girl" requests.

All of this useless stuff is getting off track from the drama.  We should go back to 'hands' . . . and feet, if necessary.  LOL :lol:

Hey 1crazynyt, Regarding your post... "...The bracelet is now in BK's possession. Could this trigger Wol's memories.I was thinking the bracelet wouldn't be there for nothing."

I would like to say that every little things about YW past will trigger her memory (including the bracelet, if it ever shows up), because she never did any damage to her brain. It's almost as if, her past was locked up & it's just waiting for another shocking moment for her to regain her memories. My hope is that she gains her memories when she finally sees her mom or brother. Because YW spend 12 wonderful years w/ her family versus a couple months w/ a boy she hardly known, let alone meet, except having strong affection for. Hence to me, the most logical way for her to regain her memories should be related to her Mom/brother.

I am just wondering, what exactly did NK see in episode 10 while praying in the celestial hall. I am really curious to know because when she was talking to YW and when she asked her about who she really is and when she told her about her memory she seems to be very frightened...

I really hope for YW to regain her memory back, as I've mentioned in my previous post, I wanna see the same passion and angst which I've seen in both Hwon and YM to Wol's eyes. I am really sad seeing some review that HGI can't deliver her scenes with Hwon and that there is no chemistry between the OTP and Hwon and BK has much more chemistry.. tears.gif:(tears.gif Do you honestly feel the same?

Guest gilerkore

WAIT A SEC. NOW THAT I REMEMBER..

I thought Yangmyung character supposed to be a PLAYBOY after the loss of yeonwoo?

That’s what I read!

How come all he did was chasing Yeonwoo like a lovesick puppy?!!

Come on writers, don’t be lazy! Give depth to this character!

I know JUNG IL WOO could do that type of role very well. The kind of playboy role but with a sadness due to his unrequited love.

Speaking of Han Ga-In..

I think I read somewhere that she's just like another Song Hye Kyo.

Beautiful face but hopeless in acting.

This is the truth. I think she should just retire after this drama.

I'm so fed up with the lack of emotions shown on her face whenever she was confronted by Yangmyung or Hwon.

All she ever does was bulging out her eyes and give a startled look. What the-

I think some of us should just stop complaining abt HGI's acting. She may not be the best actress but I think she has done a fine job with her portrayal of Yeon woo. At least visually, she reflects the beauty and the delicacy of her character.

Let's just enjoy the drama and appreciate all the actors/actresses who hve done such a great job so far.

:ph34r: :ph34r:

I think some of us should just stop complaining abt HGI's acting. She may not be the best actress but I think she has done a fine job with her portrayal of Yeon woo. At least visually, she reflects the beauty and the delicacy of her character.

Let's just enjoy the drama and appreciate all the actors/actresses who hve done such a great job so far.

Yes! I don't think that she is destroying the story - that's how the character should be - she is a shaman (at the moment) , she can't take liberties with the King. She still has to defer to him. If she was Yeon Woo, she would be standing up to him.

Allow me to borrow Wol’s line in his conversation with Hwon regarding the letter. People with subjective prejudice will not be able to see the real meaning behind or they will easily judge according to their preconceived perception. I would like to think that since people had predetermined judgment against her acting so that’s what they feel.. huhuhu!

I just have a question, if the director is not satisfied with the acting, he can simply say cut and repeat the scene right? But since it has been broadcasted it means the emotions required by the director were achieved. Forgive me for bringing this up again but I just can’t help it since I’ve been reading it all over again in the recaps and I am really disheartened every time they call her the weakest link. tears.giftears.gif

Hi everybody.I really love this drama &how you show your interest about it here.

In like3main actors and actress of drama.especially han ga in.I think all of them act accepable.

han ga in Play on of the main character of drama,you think if she can't act correctly and show her feeling as shaman you connect with this drama and rating go high?!

So please stop negative comment and support all of them;-)

Guest Megamissy

Hi everybody.I really love this drama &how you show your interest  about it here.

In like3main actors and actress  of drama.especially han ga in.I think all of them act  accepable.

han ga in Play on of the main character of drama,you think if she can't  act correctly and show her feeling as shaman you connect with this drama and rating go high?!

So please stop negative  comment and support  all of them;-)

I fully agree with you those critics thought they themselves can act better than her,what a joke!!!

As I said before, people are prejudiced about the actors/actresses. They are so interested in their backgrounds, that they start to see them as their real selves and not their characters. They know that HGI is married and older than KSH and hence they cant accept her being the lead. I mean seriously why the high ratings? I think people tend to find flaws in her but since she is very outstanding stunning beautiful, and married with a handsome husband, and has this baby faced beauty and youthful aura, they cant accept it hence they critize her acting. I think she is delivering her job perfectly. Young YW was also acting with her eyes wide open and she was also very quiet. HGI is only doing what is her told, and her crying face, sad, hurting, speaking with her eyes is deliverd very well.

I think she is outstanding, but well people always want to nag, you take what they want, they nag and when you give them what they want, they still nag. So its best to neglect/ignore their comments. I only wish HGI knew that we think she doing her job perfectly.

Guest shalini

Hello There,

Thank you for the link but i will not use it ever AGAIN. I do not know if you realise that this site is infested with harmful viruses to your computer.

Thank you but no thanks. Please let me know if other^people have encounter the same problem.

Any other streaming sites for MOON/SUN without huge numbers of pop-ups and viruses. I will be forever grateful!!