[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Dramabeans News:

Some possible bad news for fans of MBC drama The Moon That Embraces the Sun: head PD Kim Do-hoon has joined the ranks in the ongoing labor strike over at MBC, in what will probably be the union’s big last-ditch effort to turn the tables. The drama finally managed to pass the 40% ratings mark and became designated a “national drama,” which means delaying production and derailing this train just before the finale would be the biggest blow the union could deliver to the network. It’s as good a bargaining chip as any, and the timing isn’t trying to deceive anybody — it’s we’re going to leave you hanging when you’ve promised your advertisers 40% ratings. The hit series has two episodes left, scheduled for this coming Wednesday and Thursday.

The labor strike has been going on for over a month now, since January 30. It’s just that dramas haven’t been affected until now because they’re often produced by outside companies. But more and more crew members have been joining up, and last week High Kick took a whole week off due to the strike, airing specials instead, which is something variety shows like Infinity Challenge and We Got Married have done for a month.

Now key drama PDs have joined the ranks, including the head PDs of weekend dramas Feast of the Gods and God of War. The strike is against MBC’s unfair administration and is primarily aimed at forcing the resignation of MBC president Kim Jae-chul. I just know this isn’t the first time they’ve tried to overthrow this guy, so I’m just gonna go on a hunch that this guy isn’t exactly a saint.

MBC claims that Moon isn’t in danger of missing its finale schedule (which of course they’d say), while Moon‘s production team confirms that the PD has joined the strike, along with their head cinematographer. Uh…that seems like a problem, no? The show’s been shooting with two crews simultaneously on a tight live schedule, and the main problem they’d face with a delay is that stars Kim Soo-hyun and Jung Il-woo aren’t available for more days — they’re due on other sets (photoshoots, advertisements, etc.) the day after the original wrap date.

So basically, they’re going to have to complete shoots on schedule, come hell or high water. The production claims that even if they manage to do that, without their head PD, the shows won’t be edited in time for broadcast. My guess is that MBC won’t let it come to that, because it’s not often that a ratings hit rolls around for them, and it would be dumb to let the final episodes just sit there, as potential ratings dwindle away by the day. I guess we’ll find out on Wednesday, whether the Moon/Sun chip was the one to bring down the house.

Via Osen

Finger crossed still guys!I don't mind waiting another week,or even two for that matter.Just promise us you will give us a closure.

http://www.economist.com/node/21549008

The reason why they are striking.

KBS, YTN, Yeonhap News joined the strike against pro-government administraion of thir own.

SBS labour union also announced their support for MBC and other broadcasters' strike.

The Sun and the Moon' to air special episodes for now and Kim Jang Hoon helps out college students

Read the full article here: eNews World

Jung Il Woo and Han Ga In Clown Around Between Filming "The Moon that Embraces the Sun"

by: hazelnutthursdays on Mar 5, 2012

Jung Il Woo and Han Ga In Clown Around Between Filming "The Moon that Embraces the Sun"

Photos of Jung Il Woo and Han Ga In between filming “The Moon that Embraces the Sun” recently surfaced on the Internet and circulated through online community boards. The photo shows a playful side to both actors, contrary to the more serious tone of their drama.

htm20120305165514c010c0.jpg

In the first photo, Jung Il Woo looks to be about to give a hit with his fingers on Han Ga In’s forehead. The other photo shows Han Ga In giving her co-star a light, friendly smack on the shoulder. Both are in their period costumes.

Meanwhile, “The Moon that Embraces the Sun” cast members Han Ga In and Kim Yoo Jung took a break from filming and were recently spotted at the “BIGBANG ALIVE” Tour concerts in Seoul over the past weekend.

Credit: Soompi

http://www.economist.com/node/21549008

The reason why they are striking.

KBS, YTN, Yeonhap News joined the strike against pro-government administraion of thir own.

SBS labour union also announced their support for MBC and other broadcasters' strike.

in other words. it's political.

guess Kim Do-hoon puts his political convictions before his professionalism and his viewers.

of course you might ask, what's the big deal? American news media is biased for example FOX news or MSNBC. American networks like CBS or ABC dont even pretend that they are not biased for Israel or other causes. broadcasters, executives and commentators freely move between jobs in American broadcasting and positions in the government, political parties AIPAC even service in foreign militaries...

it's because in Korea KBS and MBC are partly government entities. MBC in fact was chartered to be resistant to any biases that KBS might have. so Koreans hold their networks to a higher standard than the US... where we Americans are too stupid or dont care if news is biased or not.

also as they say in that article Korea has a culture of protests. white expats, Japanese and others mock Korea for their protests, but Korea was a brutal US sponsored dictatorship for 40 years and it's precisely because of the decades of protest and people dying on the streets that finally brought Democracy to Korea 20 years ago. so to this day Koreans know that they'd still be living in oppressive conditions like Myammar or China without their willingness to protest and are proud/willing to do that more than people in the US or other "democracies" who take it for granted

OMG WTH! Are they crazy?! I think it is like a stunt to receive more higher ratings. They think perhaps that when they leak this news everyone in the country will wait before the TVs... If they don't give the viewers the last too episodes, the ratings will drop considerably and they will loose money.

They should not play such mind games with us, I am just speachless...

Waaah :unsure:crazy.gif Really??!! No MoonSun this week? :o But it's the final two episodes! :( .... I'm really worried now since HGI and KSH won't have enough time to shoot the scenes in the future since they have their agenda full, let's hope this can be resolve quickly and please please I don't want them to do a bad ending cuz of this on the contrary they have to do an awesome ending, if the ending sucks it will not count all the good things this drama have since the begining.... So you will have to include One More episode PD-nim fury.gif ... phew.gif

PD of ‘The Moon That Embraces the Sun’ to join the MBC strike

by yksung

The broadcasting of the last two episodes of MBC‘s ‘The Moon That Embraces the Sun‘ may be delayed for the production crew, led by PD Kim Do Hoon, has decided to join the MBC labor union’s strike.

On March 6th around 10 a.m., PD Kim Do Hoon was present at the company rally at MBC’s office building located in Yeoeuldo, Seoul, indicating that he would stop all production and participate in the strike. Moreover, ‘God of War’‘s PD Kim Dae Jin, and ‘Feast of the Gods‘s Lee Dong Yoon also joined. With the exception of ‘Light and Shadow‘, most of the shows on MBC are expected to be cancelled for the time being, an unprecedented and critical situation.

Last January 30th, MBC’s labor union requested the resignation of MBC President Kim Jae Chul and the neutrality of the station’s public broadcasting, putting a stop to all of the variety shows for over a month. However, the drama PDs had continued directing, due to the difficulty of resuming dramas after a break.

However, after company-assigned resignations of management and threats that the participants of the strike to be suspended or fired and other such harsh policies, the drama PD’s had an emergency meeting for 5 days and ultimately decided to participate in the strike. The PDs expressed their defiance to President Kim Jae Chul and Kyeong Young Jin‘s intention to use the success of ’The Moon That Embraces the Sun‘ and ‘Light and Shadow‘ to put down the strikes. Moreover, on Feb 27th, 49 out of the 51 PD’s of the drama sector released public statements, and have started to participate in the strike, making it seem impossible to even find other manpower to substitute for the crew of ‘The Moon that Embraces the Sun.’

Source & Image: Nate

Credit: allkpop

@ azuwaza163 unnie+hubby, congratulation^^ just saw your posts. ur hubby say he will download the episode for you...wah...i hope i can find a hubby that willing to download drama for me...^^;;

no MoonSun drama ths week....??

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

im waiting so dearly but...why...........?

OMG this shouldn't be like this. they should just finish the 2 episodes.

[uPDATE] ‘The Sun and the Moon’ Final Episodes Will Not Air This Week

cr: enewsworld

Looks like the pd is back temporarily to finish some shooting as KSH's schedule for this drama only valid until March 8th. yet the PD's return is only temporary to shooting the key scene..

Kim Soo Hyun’s agency, Key East, meanwhile said Kim will continue to give his all for the drama’s production until March 8 as originally planned, but due to his other schedules it is impossible for Kim to return to the set after March 8. Han Ga In, meanwhile, has opened up her schedule for the production.

hope KSH can finish all his scenes on time, too bad his schedule is tight .. :tears:

well, at least HGI still flexible with her sch. :wub:

Guest ghettoe

I have read about the MBC strike and I am all for it. I generally have a low tolerance for irresponsible behavior that hinders others (In this Case, the PD quitting on everyone), but on the other hand I sympathize with the labor union. Though this drama is so close to finishing, the PD may as well stick it out...

As an Infinity Challenge fan (Make that a HUGE one), the president should just retire and stop inconveniencing everyone. I hope the strikers stick this out until their demands are met. Yes, I've whined about I.C not being on air but the more I hear about this strike, the more I'm all for it!

I do sympathise with the cause....

but the timing SUCKS for us fans...

although using the massive hit drama as leverage is probably very smart.. let me just believe that the PD only plans to use the drama as leverage, and not really mean to abandon drama - imagine, no ending??

Hope his plan works ...and the CEO really resigns for fear of loss of support (doubt it). If they end up cancelling the drama without giving me lovey scenes, happy endings and at least a baby, then I will be joining those famous protests to protest about that!

I do sympathise with the cause....

but the timing SUCKS for us fans...

although using the massive hit drama as leverage is probably very smart.. let me just believe that the PD only plans to use the drama as leverage, and not really mean to abandon drama - imagine, no ending??

Hope his plan works ...and the CEO really resigns for fear of loss of support (doubt it). If they end up cancelling the drama without giving me lovey scenes, happy endings and at least a baby, then I will be joining those famous protests to protest about that!

I am still hoping that they at least air one episode. I don't believe that the PD will abandon the drama, it is the same as THE CAPTAIN ABANDONING HIS SHIP.

Using a high rating drama for their leverage is a wise move on their part but aren't they going to be liable for the damages incurred particularly by the drama producer?? I don't want to go deeper into technicalities but one thing is sure... WE ARE ALL GOING TO BE CRAZY FOR ANOTHER WEEK OF WAITING!!! tears.gifcrazy.giftears.gif