[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Guest nana544

Omg OMG OMG ep 10 ending was EPIC!!!!! I hope the King finally know that Wol is Yeon Woo :)!!!! Ahhh, I'll be so happy!!! It was truly sad when Hwon was crying, his love for Yeon Woo is incomparable to nothing. I hope Yeon Woo remember who she is soon too.....oh wow! What is going to happen when Hwon finds out that Wol is Yeon Woo???? OMG!!!!!

This is just a rambling about how miserable my marriage life is on the night of Ep10 The Moon that Embraces the Sun.

Feel free to skip.

Time : 8.55pm Malaysia Local Time ( 9.55 South Korea Local Time)

Hubby’s profile: An avid reader across genres who loves paintball + tennis. Fav TV channel is ESPN, Starsport & National Geographic (Duh! Boring~~). An engineer who thinks that Lee Seung Gi is far from cute and Super Junior cannot sing.

Me :: Ok, it’s about to start. Few rules…

Hubby :: Eh?

Me :: Do not interrupt me while I’m watching. Do not bash the actors. I mean the nice ones. Ga In is gorgeous but you are only allowed saying she’s beautiful twice.

Hubby :: What? Only twice? But..

Me :: And don’t even start with “ This story doesn’t make sense coz logically is it supposed to be  bla bla bla” It’s a fiction. Of course half of it doesn’t make sense. And. You DON’T get to bash KSH a.k.a The King. Period. He’s my love.

Hubby :: Erk ?Then who am I?

Me :: You’re my husband. (Hahahaha, you guys should look at his face when I said that. He’s like “Crap, my wife is possessed”)

After 2 hours..

Hubby :: So can I speak now?

Me :: Please.

Hubby :: What it is about girls and crying Korean men? It’s like you girls are mesmerized by them? And all they do is crying?

Me :: Heh. They are strong guys with soft hearts. Besides, they’re beautiful when they’re crying.

Hubby :: So if I cry, you’ll love me more?

Me :: I said BEAUTIFUL.

Hubby :: Whatever.

Me :: What do you think ? Complicated or not ?

Hubby :: Frankly?

Me :: Yes.

Hubby :: Frankly, I don’t understand a single word. Hahahahaha! I’m a fluent Malay and English. All I know about Korean is chinca and babo.

Me :: Ya! I already explained it briefly just now.

Hubby ::  Ok2. It’s complicated only because the girl has a screwed brain. Is it brain ? No. Memory. Just wait until she figures it out. Then you’ll get your kiss.

Me :: That’s all? After all I said, that is your conclusion??!!

Hubby :: What ? He’s clearly in love with the dead girlfriend. So we just need the dead girlfriend to become not dead. All the politics and amnesia thingy are just details.

Me :: What about the king’s brother? He’s in love with the girl too.

Hubby :: But was she? Is she? Babe, it takes two to tango. However, whatever hard it will be, true love is meant to be together. This is a Korean Drama. I know the trick already. Eh, the brother can go with the other girl maa. The one that hugged him. Looking cute.

Me :: But you see. Let say the girl finally got her memory back, there are still plots against the king. I mean, her finally out of amnesia will only worsen the situation.

Hubby :: I thot you said the girl is smart and brilliant ? Nah, she will team up with the king plus the king’s brother and her brother and her brother’s best friend to take down that never-aging-Grandmama. You know like those Italian job stories whatever.

Me :: Haih. I knew it . I knew your answer will be a stone. I better stick to my friends in forum. They are more substantial!

Hubby :: What? You asked me to be frank. That is the frankest answers I can give. Haha. Yet you’re married to this stone guy. But hey, the queen is something eh? Pretty queen. I can totally fall for her.

Me :: Are you kidding me? She’s the worst!

Hubby :: Haha. Exactly. You are enough headache for me. Don’t need another one.

Me :: Ya!

Hubby :: I’m sorry you didn’t get to see the kiss tonight. Seems like my journey to work tomorrow will be a joyful one. My Songs!! Woohoo!!

Me :: Bye. I’m going to bed now.

Hubby :: Erk?!

I wanted the kiss so badly yesterday so that I can throw it back to his face. I guess “Eat that, Sucker!!” will have to wait until next week. Please kiss by then!! Pretty PLEASE!!

This is just a rambling about how miserable my marriage life is on the night of Ep10 The Moon that Embraces the Sun.

Feel free to skip.

Hubby’s profile: An avid reader across genres who loves paintball + tennis. Fav TV channel is ESPN, Starsport & National Geographic (Duh! Boring~~). An engineer who thinks that Lee Seung Gi is far from cute and Super Junior cannot sing.

Me :: Do not interrupt me while I’m watching. Do not bash the actors. I mean the nice ones. Ga In is gorgeous but you are only allowed saying she’s beautiful twice.

Me :: And don’t even start with “ This story doesn’t make sense coz logically is it supposed to be  bla bla bla” It’s a fiction. Of course half of it doesn’t make sense. And. You DON’T get to bash KSH a.k.a The King. Period. He’s my love.

Me :: You’re my husband. (Hahahaha, you guys should look at his face when I said that. He’s like “Crap, my wife is possessed”)

After 2 hours..

Hubby :: What it is about girls and crying Korean men? It’s like you girls are mesmerized by them? And all they do is crying?

Me :: Heh. They are strong guys with soft hearts. Besides, they’re beautiful when they’re crying.

Hubby :: Frankly, I don’t understand a single word. Hahahahaha! I’m a fluent Malay and English. All I know about Korean is chinca and babo.

Hubby ::  Ok2. It’s complicated only because the girl has a screwed brain. Is it brain ? No. Memory. Just wait until she figures it out. Then you’ll get your kiss.

Hubby :: What ? He’s clearly in love with the dead girlfriend. So we just need the dead girlfriend to become not dead. All the politics and amnesia thingy are just details.

Hubby :: But was she? Is she? Babe, it takes two to tango. However, whatever hard it will be, true love is meant to be together. This is a Korean Drama. I know the trick already. Eh, the brother can go with the other girl maa. The one that hugged him. Looking cute.

Me :: But you see. Let say the girl finally got her memory back, there are still plots against the king. I mean, her finally out of amnesia will only worsen the situation.

Hubby :: I thot you said the girl is smart and brilliant ? Nah, she will team up with the king plus the king’s brother and her brother and her brother’s best friend to take down that never-aging-Grandmama. You know like those Italian job stories whatever.

Me :: Haih. I knew it . I knew your answer will be a stone. I better stick to my friends in forum. They are more substantial!

Hubby :: What? You asked me to be frank. That is the frankest answers I can give. Haha. Yet you’re married to this stone guy. But hey, the queen is something eh? Pretty queen. I can totally fall for her.

Hubby :: I’m sorry you didn’t get to see the kiss tonight. Seems like my journey to work tomorrow will be a joyful one. My Songs!! Woohoo!!

I wanted the kiss so badly yesterday so that I can throw it back to his face. I guess “Eat that, Sucker!!” will have to wait until next week. Please kiss by then!! Pretty PLEASE!!

HAHAHAHA!!! You and your hubby are just too cute!! :wub: :wub:

It's funny how your husband gives his opinion just like an engineer. See problem, solve it. :D Yet I think he's right. We worry more because we are emotionally attached to the characters and how they feel but if you just look at the problems like a mathematical equation, it ain't too difficult to solve ^_^

Thanks for the answers to my questions a few pages back, you guys are awesome :D

Aside from KSH's awesome and alluring shouting (I don't think in any other circumstance you would find shouting sexy), I really liked Yeom!! It was so sad when he found his mum in YW's room and when he went back :tears:

I CAN"T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK!! SOMEONE FEED ME SPOILERS FROM THE BOOK PLSSSSSSS :tears:

ep 10 reminds me of what Hwon said to YW in ep 5 .. when he secretly visit her ..

so, indeed .. Hwon recognize YW, first :wub:

:) missy .. i think you need to hide spoilers under "spoilers tag" ..

because some people in this thread dont want read spoilers ..

thank you :)

The writers are indeed very good and detailed with the plot. Everything that happened in ep 1-5 is paving the way to a "grand reunion" between Hwon and YW.

Hwon really does recognize YW whereas she doesn't.

The reason behind YW leaving the letter in the chess box was so meaningful leading to Yeom's discovery of it.

The apology letter from Wol provided the link to YW's letters with Hwon and the character that made Hwon recognise her was "Wol", meaning Moon, her name. Eventually the moon will lead the sun to her even if she herself doesn't remember who she is.

I'm so anticipating the hairpiece that Hwon gave her to make an appearance again...probably the final hint to revive YW's lost memories.

Guest ilyforever<3

For those that read the novel i would really like to know if Hwon will ever consummate his marriage to BK now that the date is near?? I think he will come up with something to avoid the date but what excuse will he use, will it be enough to prevent the nightmare from happening?? Just the idea of him and BK being together makes me shudder...

I didn't read the book, but i'm pretty sure they won't. I worry too and i get so angry just thinking about it, but they wouldn't since NY said the heir will not come from BK, that means they won't consummate their marriage.

I don't think I helped but maybe that made you feel a little better? :sweatingbullets:

Guest KhunTorian

i'm just curious about princes.. did she already married with wol brother ?

yup..she's married to him~

if i'm not mistaken,yw's family was nearly put on exile after her death (was it exile or death sentence?)

but since the princess loves heo yeom so much,

and myb feeling some guilt over YM's death...

the princess married heo yeom...

but seol still loves HY after all this time too so that's why

she keeps popping out at HY's place...=]

p/s :  On a side note,i just watched some interesting part of last night episode like the walk under the moon and the epic letter scene...Just by looking at KSH's face when he got the letter was heartbreaking enough for me to cry...it's like a reflex when it comes to King Hwon's love story...Man,this drama is such a roller coaster of emotion! For few minutes,I was squealing like a fan girl when HW hugged Wol (I THOUGHT HE WAS GONNA KISS HER) and then minutes later,tears keep falling down my cheeks...

I'm officially a drug addict and the drug is this awesome drama...=]

The writers are indeed very good and detailed with the plot. Everything that happened in ep 1-5 is paving the way to a "grand reunion" between Hwon and YW.

Hwon really does recognize YW whereas she doesn't.

The reason behind YW leaving the letter in the chess box was so meaningful leading to Yeom's discovery of it.

The apology letter from Wol provided the link to YW's letters with Hwon and the character that made Hwon recognise her was "Wol", meaning Moon, her name. Eventually the moon will lead the sun to her even if she herself doesn't remember who she is.

I'm so anticipating the hairpiece that Hwon gave her to make an appearance again...probably the final hint to revive YW's lost memories.

I do wonder why YW left the letter inside the box, because there is a possibility that it would never have been found and the box not reaching Hwon. Perhaps it also shows that YW was leaving it to fate to decide if Hwon should get the box or not (she could simply have left the letter on top of the box in plain sight). Also, it could also be that she was fighting with herself, wanting to be remembered by Hwon and yet also be forgotten at the same time (because she knows he will be in pain).

Nice way it turned out, the letter and box reaches when just when they reunite, and also just when he is getting tired from being a king. YW reminds him of his duty to his people and gives him encouragement through the chess box (once you put the chess piece down you cannot take it back and so you make the best out of it to win), even in her "death". This means so much more to Hwon because as we see in the drama, he shows no signs of wanting to give up kingship or letting Yang Myung take over. When he was speaking with Woon, he said he was tired from being king but he never once said he DIDN'T want to be king. This is so, even when he once said that Yang Myung was someone smarter and strong than himself. So it shows that Hwon has an ambition, to be a good king and now he is tired and just at this moment, fate intervenes, bringing him YW's encouragement AND the girl herself :D

So since he knows that Wol is YW, will we be getting more manly desire scenes? w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

hello guys...good day everyone...i've been lurking for quite sometime now but i just can't hold anymore the question i've been meaning to ask to those who can answer this question..it's about the hairpin or hairpins..

the grandmother queen wears this:

6yp6oy.jpg

the queen mother wears this:

21e2jr6.jpg

while the queen is wearing this:

282kqo8.jpg

and of course, "The Moon That Embraces The Sun" hairpin that Crown Prince Lee Hwon gave to his deposed Crown Princess:

25hobki.jpg

i am just curious why is it that the hairpin of the current Queen is just an ordinary hairpin compared to the 3 hairpins? though they're all gold..i mean, does it have any significance or meaning at all?

Guest christiem

Feel free to skip.

After 2 hours..

bwahahahha... the two of you are too funny and not that much different from my conversation with my hubby too; just realized now how other people might think if they hear us talk about the dramas I'm watching. It's quite nice to have a 'supportive' hubby. hahha... have lots more fun watching!

"The Sun and the Moon" breaks its ratings record again

MBC drama "The Sun and the Moon" is headed right for a 40% share of viewers.

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research on February 3rd, the latest episode of "The Sun and the Moon" rated 37.1%.

This is 2.6% higher than the previous episode on February 1st and is currently its best numbers yet.

The drama put up numbers as high as 18% from the first episode, broke through 20% by the second and then 30% by the fifth. If this rate continues then it will be soon enough that the drama breaks through 40%.

The last drama that recorded a national viewing percentage of over 40% was the 2010 KBS 2TV drama "Bread, Love and Dreams". Prior to that was MBC's "Queen Sundeok" in 2009.

SBS drama "Take Care of Us, Captain" rated 7.5% and KBS 2TV's "Wild Romance" rated 4.5%.

On "The Sun and the Moon" Lee Hwon (Kim Soo-hyeon-I) realized that Wol's (Han Ga-in) handwriting was the same as Yeon-woo's.

Source : http://news.nate.com/view/20120203n02885( Korean )

Credit: HanCinema

-EDIT-

DRAMABEANS RECAP for EPISODE 10 is OUT!!!

THE SUN and THE MOON DRAMABEANS EPISODE 10 RECAP

i love yesterday episode...daebak!

but cliff hanger : :huh:

spoiler from the book

Hwon starts getting suspicious because in the letter she wrote ‘once my dad brings the medicine to me, I’ll never be able to see you again’. He figures that her dad brought smth to kill her but can’t figure why a dad would kill his own daughter, and a princess bride at that. Then he remembers other suspicious incidents and slowly starts piecing everything together.- sparkskeys

Guest flowerboyramyunshop_FB

kim_soo_hyun_cries_for_yeon_woo_ep10_3.jpg

‘The Moon that Embraces the Sun’ recorded top 1-minute ratings of 41.3%.

According to AGB Nielsen, episode 10 of MBC mini-series ‘The Moon that Embraces the Sun’ which aired on February 2nd, recorded 37.1% ratings nationwide. The top 1-minute rating % during the episode 41.3% breaking through the 40% barrier it had neared with episode 9, which aired on February 1st.

Episode 10 of ‘The Moon that Embraces the Sun’ started off with above 30% ratings. The ratings started to climb up slowly from the mid 30′s then at around 25 minute mark, it broke through the 40% mark.

The scene that recorded the top 1-minute ratings was when Huh Yeom (played by Song Jae Hee) handedYeon Woo‘s (played by Kim Yoo Jung as a child) last letter to Lee Hwon (played by Kim Soo Hyun). The letter from Yeon Woo played a decisive part in the storyline to come and Lee Hwon’s tears of pain at reading the letter had the viewers in tears. Many viewers were impressed with the level of expression of feeling Kim Soo Hyun was able to achieve in the scene.

‘The Moon that Embraces the Sun’ has not dropped in ratings not once since it premiered. It is breaking its own record with each episode. The ratings in the Seoul Metropolitan area for ‘The Moon that Embraces the Sun’ was recorded at 40.5% opening the doors to breaking 40% ratings nationwide.

Source: NewsEN via Nate source kpopfever

Hi everyone!!!

I was religiously reading this forum but left it for 1 day..and now I have almost 10 pages to catch up on!!!

My only thought for tonight: Not only is this a beautifully written drama but the OSTs also come at the right moments to really nail it into our hearts of what a beautiful love story it truly is. Every time I listen to Lyn "Back in Time" , it sends shivers down my spine because it is JUST that beautiful of a song.

Time to go catch up!

Guest nancylee15

Ugh, they just had to give us a great cliff hanger didn't they, how are we supposed to wait one week!! C'mon that's way too cruel :( Gotta give props to the PD's for always leaving us with great endings because if I guess correctly, the ratings will continue to increase because we cannot wait until Wed-Thurs comes around.

I don't know the specifics but I though someone else in another blog who read the book indicated that Yeon Woo/Wol ended up as queen.  They did not say what happened to current queen.  I actually wouldn't mind if they kill her off.  But I think what is most likely to happen is that father would be implicated in treason (as he is raising an army against the king) and she would either be exiled with her father (and their entire family) or Hwon may use her father's actions to force her to "abdicate" (if that is the proper word) from her position as queen.

I thought that I read some where that she commits suicide, and that is how Wol becomes Queen