[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Guest flowerboyramyunshop_FB

424902_180132078759531_152170751555664_247434_945978732_n.jpg

"8 years ago, before the day of selection.. I jumped this wall. Do you know what she said? Her eyes so determined so I couldnt say anything else, but I wonder if I didnt fake myself with smile.. If I had been a little more couragous.. If I tried just a little harder to ask her to runaway with me.. She might be alive beside me"

-YangMyung

aigoo at the cliffhanger !

Wow the ending was just WONDERFUL.

I hope both of them will think for her and not forthemselves cuz she will be in real danger if the dowager knows. BK is already halfway to find out and its a matter of time before she explodes and tells the dowager about it.

I guess NK will be in danger before YW. I just hope these two will not fall in dowagers hand, they've suffered already to death. Especially YW and Hwon.

Please lett us have a happy ending, please please......and with lots of lovey dovey stuff ;)

KSH was the shining diamant in this episode as usual, and HGI was also splendid. Cant wait for wednesday to come....

Why didnt the waiters behind YW notice MY??? How could they let him grab her/??

That things was for playing GO, I don't remember how that calls to Koreans, but for Japanese it's GO. And that drawer - it's the desk for playing GO. WIki saves me. That game called Paduk.

And Yeom actually was thinking about how Yeoun U tells him that he teached her how to play or smth like that

Thank you so much for the clarification. Then even after growing up, YW had the habit of playing that game. Is it so?

What an ending! I have been trying watching it live..Ive got to watch the ending but I cant understand anything...Thank you for the recaps...I can react now to the killer ending...Loved KSH...

Why didnt the waiters behind YW notice MY??? How could they let him grab her/??

That was a tiny bit odd, you would think they'd notice. My first thought was how DANGEROUS it was for Myung to be around the palace (first of all) and second to be around WOL in the palace! Grandma has already accused him of being willing to take part in plots against the King. If she were to see him with Wol? OH MY GOD, all he** would break lose. Wouldn't she immediately believe he's plotting something with this shaman? 

So I hope if he meets Wol, it's outside the palace. crazy.gif 

Softy's recap is up here:

http://soulsrebel.wordpress.com/2012/02/02/the-moon-that-embraces-the-sun-e10-coming-up/#more-18722

(it's just a first draft recap, she adds to her recaps so keep refreshing) 

Again, so many wonderful little touches.

Hwon reads YW's last letter and it breaks his heart. But it also revives his memory of those bigger-brother style mock rebukes he liked to tease her with, and he finds himself remarking on how poor her penmanship became in her last moments. (Figures: when you're in mortal agony and waiting for Daddy to come back with the poisoned cup, you tend to forget all those things you were taught about how to hold your brush.) So he says he'd like to refresh his memory of her calligraphy at its peak, because he's "forgotten what it looked like" [The symbol-o-meter goes way off the scale here, because of course the way you shape and arrange your Chinese characters, espcially in the ethics of Joseon neo-Confucian scholarship, is a mirror of your soul]. So he sends for her "letter of apology" from back then and opens it. Whereupon he instantly realizes he's seen that hand in another, much more recent "letter of apology". Again, where fine calligraphy is concerned, recognizing the hand is the same thing as recognizing the person behind it. BOOM!!!

Guest flowerboyramyunshop_FB

okay, Yang Myung have the ill-fated ending in the book, and if the PD won't deviate, he will die in the end..

but this OTP doesn't hurt. i want a decent ending of him.  :(

422945_180141675425238_152170751555664_247448_398630288_n.jpg

Again, so many wonderful little touches.

Hwon reads YW's last letter and it breaks his heart. But it also revives his memory of those bigger-brother style mock rebukes he liked to tease her with, and he finds himself remarking on how poor her penmanship became in her last moments. (Figures: when you're in mortal agony and waiting for Daddy to come back with the poisoned cup, you tend to forget all those things you were taught about how to hold your brush.) So he says he'd like to refresh his memory of her calligraphy at its peak, because he's "forgotten what it looked like" [The symbol-o-meter goes way off the scale here, because of course the way you shape and arrange your Chinese characters, espcially in the ethics of Joseon neo-Confucian scholarship, is a mirror of your soul]. So he sends for her "letter of apology" from back then and opens it. Whereupon he instantly realizes he's seen that hand in another, much more recent "letter of apology". Again, where fine calligraphy is concerned, recognizing the hand is the same thing as recognizing the person behind it. BOOM!!!

SPOT ON, baduy! love what you wrote on your spoiler... reminds me of Bu Bu Jing Xin.

I had a question:

If they find out YW is still alive, what will they do? I mean Hwon? Can he divorce BK? and marry YW?? Or is it forbidden???

maybe he can make her become royal consort.and f the queen dies then she will be the queen.

Guest tikamicizia

I just find it funny how the ministers and the queen are worried bout YM and yeom coming to palace, thinking that it might be dangerous for their position when both of them only thinking and only care about YW. ahhahaha

I had a question:

If they find out YW is still alive, what will they do? I mean Hwon? Can he divorce BK? and marry YW?? Or is it forbidden???

I think he won't need to divorce bo kyung.. because once a woman choosen as the finalist to become the crown princess, she is crown prince's woman...

she can't marry someone else... that's why when yeom don't want his sister to become join the selection of crown princess... because he afraid she won't be chosen...

I had a question:

Based on my experience on watching other saeguk drama, it is not forbidden but i'm not sure about the divorce since BK is the queen but he can make her into exile and marries YW as his queen. It wouldn't be a problem since YW is from a noble family and was selected as the crown princess.

Writernim and PDnim! Please bring back YW's memory next episode! I am kinda disappointed about the kiss! Whaa! You sure master the art of teasing with the walk under the moonlight and then the ending! How can we be able to live normally for a week???? OTOKE? OTOKE????

The story is starting to heat up especially the rivalry between Hwon and YM. HEaring YM saying, if I didn't smile and hide my feelings, do you think she will be by myside now???? It is somewhat a declaration that he is ready to fight for his love this time no matter what! Even if it is a one sided love, if this is the way to protect YW, he will not hesitate this time.

stare-1.jpg

gahhhhhhhh.... one of my fave scenes in Ep 10, of course my # 1 is his breakdown scene when he was reading YW letter. # 2 is the Stolen glance.. gawd he was so good avoiding an awkward moment when Wol caught him stealing a secret glance at her. he just simply moved his eyes down..

IIf they find out YW is still alive, what will they do? I mean Hwon? Can he divorce BK? and marry YW?? Or is it forbidden???

Maybe dramaok, or someone else who knows a lot more about these things than I do, can field this one. But to be going on with: although there may be special provisions for royals that I don't know about, the general principle in Joseon Korea was that a man could divorce his wife if she proved uncapable of bearing him a son. Alternatively, he could take a concubine and the case of his full wife's attested "barrenness" (= no boys, girls didn't count as disproof of barenness) any son born to that concubine would become the legitimate heir of the bloodline. Oh yes, and gross disrepect to her husband's family, exspecially her mother-in-law, were grounds for divorce too (and could override any wishes the husband might have in the matter -- there's a reflex of this in quite a few Kdramas set in modern times) but that's not a feasible scenario here unless BK really blows it and forgets her father's advice.

But, as I say, there may be special rules for the Royal Family.

Guest Megamissy

Ok, I am curious abt.another thing.  Ifsomebody could clarify, please.  Thank you.  When yeom opened the drawer of YW, there were some collection of white and green colored jade like buttons.  What is it actually?   Is there any significance in it?  Becoz, when hwon sent woon to lookfor wol, when he he fell sick becoz of the blackmagic by the bad shaman(upon the instruction of yoon)  the place was vacant with some left over things here and there.  But he took a white jade like button from the floor and took it.  So, is it a hobby to collect those buttons for HW?   Is it also a clue to find that she is YW (like the gold hairpin)?

The buttons  are for playing one type of  traditional korean chess (forgotten the name) is for 2 players therefore you need 2 type of colour button.Woon also pick up one button from the cottage when Hwon asked Woon to look for Wol in the ep 7 or 8.

When Yeom open the box with the button in upper drawer and lower drawer the letter, if i am not wrong the top of the box is for playing korean chess with  square marking.