[Drama 2011] A Thousand Days' Promise 천일의 약속

serenasf95

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So does Ji Hyung know that Seo Yeon has Alzheimer's disease now? Did Jae Min finally tell him? (or did he manage to get this info out of the doctor?) *quoted image*

EDIT: top of the page! *quoted image* EP 5 is up here (raw, no subs yet):

http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/a-thousand-days-promise/

Even without subs this episode looked intense! 

I agree, tessieroo... just finished watching the Raw version too.. Can barely wait for subs now...

So does Ji Hyung know that Seo Yeon has Alzheimer's disease now? Did Jae Min finally tell him? (or did he manage to get this info out of the doctor?) *quoted image*

EDIT: top of the page! *quoted image* EP 5 is up here (raw, no subs yet):

http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/a-thousand-days-promise/

Even without subs this episode looked intense! 

yes. he found out through JM; the doctor refused to tell him to protect SY's privacy.

JM made JH promise that he would keep it to himself...(but really he broke his promise later on when he confronted SY outside of her office...)

can't wait for ep.6!! (JH told his fiancee that he doesn't love her and he can't marry her. btw, her fiancee is pregnant...*_* ....)

"A Thousand Days' Promise" leading number 1

"A Thousand Days' Promise" stood first place in the competition.

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research on the 1st, SBS "A Thousand Days' Promise" rated 15.5%.

MBC "Gyebaek" and KBS 2TV "Poseidon" rated 11.5% and 7.3% respectively.

Starting off at 12.8% on the 17th of October, "A Thousand Days' Promise" increased to 14.6% on the second episode and rose to the leading position.

"A Thousand Days' Promise" is by writer Kim Su-hyun and PD Jeong Eul-yeong about a young woman who has Alzheimer's. Soo-ae and Kim Rae-won are the lead characters in the drama.

HanCinema

yes. he found out through JM; the doctor refused to tell him to protect SY's privacy.

JM made JH promise that he would keep it to himself...(but really he broke his promise later on when he confronted SY outside of her office...)

can't wait for ep.6!! (JH told his fiancee that he doesn't love her and he can't marry her. btw, her fiancee is pregnant...*_* ....)

huh her fiancee is pregnant, did ji hyung sleep with her ????

argggghh ji hyung what r u doing =.=! :vicx:

omg so the big Q is, whose baby is hyang-gi carrying??? i.e., did ji-hyung sleep w/ her after their lil morning romp in bed (when he mistakenly kissed her and also when she cries that they haven't done it for a year). i'm guessing it's not his baby b/c her mom slaps her in the next episode. if it's not his, then it'll give him an excuse to break the marriage and go to seo-yeon. if it is his, omg...i don't even know what he can do.

this drama is so good. every episode is amazing and the actors (especially soo ae) are just killing their scenes. kim soo hyun is seriously an awesome writer. can't wait for tomorrow!

OH, thank you! Watching without subs, I'm trying to guess what's going on. laugh.gif I saw his fiancee throwing up and guessed she's pregnant? But didn't she say they haven't been intimate for over a year? So she's been with someone else. if she's indeed pregnant  You're right, Scout...maybe that's why her Mom slaps her. GAAAHHH, having to wait is going to make me crazy. I didn't even like this drama until EP 3 but now I'm totally on board. biggrin.gif

Thank you everyone for tips, links, pics, etc. 

Thousand Day Promise: Episode 5

nnnzi.jpg

This episode just about killed me dead. It’s D-day, otherwise known as fan-hitting time for le mini cooper. I love how quickly we get here, how raw the emotions are, and as always, I’m madly in love with Jae-min. He really ought to just dispense with that silly car and ride around on a white horse.

EPISODE 5 RECAP

Ji-hyung and Jae-min share a drink, and Ji-hyung confesses that he regrets it – regrets thinking that being the dutiful son was the right choice, when all he had to do was cast off that burden. He says he should’ve let it go, that he mistakenly thought that not stirring up trouble was the most important thing.

Jae-min tells him that he gave Seo-yeon his message, and that she said not to worry about her. Ji-hyung asks him to tell her that it wasn’t because he loved her any less, and how sorry he is. “I already know how pathetic I am. That I’ll spend the rest of my life being pathetic.” Yes, while that’s not untrue, it also does nothing for anyone, does it?

More@DramaBeans

Recap [Episode 5]

Thousand Day Promise: Episode 5

*quoted image*

This episode just about killed me dead. It’s D-day, otherwise known as fan-hitting time for le mini cooper. I love how quickly we get here, how raw the emotions are, and as always, I’m madly in love with Jae-min. He really ought to just dispense with that silly car and ride around on a white horse.

EPISODE 5 RECAP

Ji-hyung and Jae-min share a drink, and Ji-hyung confesses that he regrets it – regrets thinking that being the dutiful son was the right choice, when all he had to do was cast off that burden. He says he should’ve let it go, that he mistakenly thought that not stirring up trouble was the most important thing.

Jae-min tells him that he gave Seo-yeon his message, and that she said not to worry about her. Ji-hyung asks him to tell her that it wasn’t because he loved her any less, and how sorry he is. “I already know how pathetic I am. That I’ll spend the rest of my life being pathetic.” Yes, while that’s not untrue, it also does nothing for anyone, does it?

More@DramaBeans

Recap [Episode 5]

hey dear thanx a lot for the quick recap of the epi#5. Can you please also let me know wts the precap for epi#6, just curious about how JH went to SY anything else.

thanx again

Hello everyone!!

Today,we saw how Ji Hyung and Seo Yeon met again .That's what i wanted to watch.

The drama is really fast paced.

i think now the marriage will be cancelled but why is Hyang Ki sicked?i though that they didn't sleep together for a year.

Btw, how do you know that Hyang Ki's mom is Seo Yeon's mom?I didn't see the hints.

I actually have the same thought watching the preview! She can't be pregnant, he didn't sleep with her since he met up with Seo Yeon. Could it be his baby?!

And I don't think Hyang Gi's mom could be Seo-yeon's mum... No way! Someone commented on Dramabeans said maybe her mom got Alzheimer too and forgot who she is and left the children. That theory is more like it.

About time we have another song and it's a male vocal. It must be Jihyung's song?!

Did anyone notice that all of Soo Ae's scenes with Sang Woo seemed so comfortable, I wish she can be that with Rae Won as well. Perhaps her character not allow? But one thing for sure Mr Rae Won is not afraid of kissing and I don't mind seeing them kiss...haha.

Geez... I really really want to watch it live tonight.... :(

Kim Rae Won Engraves His Presence with Tears

promise-kimraewon-cry-365x600.jpg

The acting skill of Kim Rae Won in shedding tears had made the  whole prime time theater cries, and at the same time deeply implanted  his presence in the heart of the viewers.

In the 5th episode of A Thousand Days’ Promise  aired on October 31st, 2011, Park Ji Hyung (played by Kim Rae Won)  finally knew that Lee Seo Yeon (played by Soo Ae) is suffering from  Alzheimer’s disease.

Although they love each other, but they had no choice but to break  up. After Ji Hyung knew that his lover is suffering from an incurable  disease, he beaten his chest, sobbing and crying on the bed. The sobbing  acting bearing the trademark of Kim Rae Woo had also made viewers in  front of the TV moved with tears.

Kim Rae Won as a male actor, when comparing with his charm of rug and  generous, his image of gentle innocent man is stronger. And his unique  play of shedding tears is a lot.

In MBC TV series “Say You Love Me” and “Which Star Are You From,” he  shed tears after hurt by love. In SBS TV series “Love Story in Harvard,”  similar to “A Thousand Days’ Promise,” he is in love with a girl who  has terminal illness. And he also played a rigid male in “Sunflower”  movie.

In the drama, Park Ji Hyung and girlfriend Lee Seo Yeon with  Alzheimer’s disease face the painful parting after get together for a  period of time. The casting had picked Kim Rae Won to play the role,  enough to prove the power of his tears.

The acting of Soo Ae is one major highlight of A Thousand Days’  Promise. After separating with lover Park Ji Hyung, the earnest thoughts  of love she expressed for her boyfriend, and the sadness and angriness  shown after knowing that she suffered from Alzheimer’s disease, her  meticulous acting is telling people that Soo Ae who is good in playing  the emotional scenes have came back legendary.

Kim Rae Won has put most of his attention on Soo Ae. Park Ji Hyung is  a person conflicted between the true love to Lee Seo Yeon and  responsible for Noh Hyang Ki, he is hesitating, and hard to make a  choice. Although this requires writer Kim Soo Hyun to make the final  account, but Kim Rae Won through his sobbing skill has managed to  portray lively the character of Park Ji Hyun, whom does not exist in  real.

It can be said the character of Park Ji Hyung moves the audience  through his tears, and consequently the character has become clearer and  more obvious. If we assume that Park Ji Hyung is struggling at the edge  of reality and ideal, which is very practical but the lack of charm,  then an innocent man who drop tears for the woman he loved, although is  not very realistic, but full of charm especially and colorful.

Similar to his previous works in numerous TV series and movies, the  power of the tears of Kim Rae Won is big. The duel of tears of Kim Rae  Won and Soo Ae is expected to be the major highlight of A Thousand Days’  Promise.

fr http://asian-drama

omg so the big Q is, whose baby is hyang-gi carrying??? i.e., did ji-hyung sleep w/ her after their lil morning romp in bed (when he mistakenly kissed her and also when she cries that they haven't done it for a year). i'm guessing it's not his baby b/c her mom slaps her in the next episode. if it's not his, then it'll give him an excuse to break the marriage and go to seo-yeon. if it is his, omg...i don't even know what he can do.

this drama is so good. every episode is amazing and the actors (especially soo ae) are just killing their scenes. kim soo hyun is seriously an awesome writer. can't wait for tomorrow!

OMG... I cannot wait to see this...!

Now I feel so puzzled.. How can she be pregnant with his child? He hasn't touched her in a year... How can she be pregnant with someone else's child.. She is so in love with him... !

Kim Rae Won Engraves His Presence with Tears

*quoted image*

The acting skill of Kim Rae Won in shedding tears had made the  whole prime time theater cries, and at the same time deeply implanted  his presence in the heart of the viewers.

In the 5th episode of A Thousand Days’ Promise  aired on October 31st, 2011, Park Ji Hyung (played by Kim Rae Won)  finally knew that Lee Seo Yeon (played by Soo Ae) is suffering from  Alzheimer’s disease.

Although they love each other, but they had no choice but to break  up. After Ji Hyung knew that his lover is suffering from an incurable  disease, he beaten his chest, sobbing and crying on the bed. The sobbing  acting bearing the trademark of Kim Rae Woo had also made viewers in  front of the TV moved with tears.

Kim Rae Won as a male actor, when comparing with his charm of rug and  generous, his image of gentle innocent man is stronger. And his unique  play of shedding tears is a lot.

In MBC TV series “Say You Love Me” and “Which Star Are You From,” he  shed tears after hurt by love. In SBS TV series “Love Story in Harvard,”  similar to “A Thousand Days’ Promise,” he is in love with a girl who  has terminal illness. And he also played a rigid male in “Sunflower”  movie.

In the drama, Park Ji Hyung and girlfriend Lee Seo Yeon with  Alzheimer’s disease face the painful parting after get together for a  period of time. The casting had picked Kim Rae Won to play the role,  enough to prove the power of his tears.

The acting of Soo Ae is one major highlight of A Thousand Days’  Promise. After separating with lover Park Ji Hyung, the earnest thoughts  of love she expressed for her boyfriend, and the sadness and angriness  shown after knowing that she suffered from Alzheimer’s disease, her  meticulous acting is telling people that Soo Ae who is good in playing  the emotional scenes have came back legendary.

Kim Rae Won has put most of his attention on Soo Ae. Park Ji Hyung is  a person conflicted between the true love to Lee Seo Yeon and  responsible for Noh Hyang Ki, he is hesitating, and hard to make a  choice. Although this requires writer Kim Soo Hyun to make the final  account, but Kim Rae Won through his sobbing skill has managed to  portray lively the character of Park Ji Hyun, whom does not exist in  real.

It can be said the character of Park Ji Hyung moves the audience  through his tears, and consequently the character has become clearer and  more obvious. If we assume that Park Ji Hyung is struggling at the edge  of reality and ideal, which is very practical but the lack of charm,  then an innocent man who drop tears for the woman he loved, although is  not very realistic, but full of charm especially and colorful.

Similar to his previous works in numerous TV series and movies, the  power of the tears of Kim Rae Won is big. The duel of tears of Kim Rae  Won and Soo Ae is expected to be the major highlight of A Thousand Days’  Promise.

fr http://asian-drama

Thank you dear Only*Rae won* for the photo and article..

I cried with him, while watching it in Raw.....heart breaking..

The 2nd OST for the draa has been released.. by 신승훈(Shin Seung Hun)

You can hear it on YouTube

OST 2 for A Thousand Days Promise by 신승훈(Shin Seung Hun)

Archived