[Drama 2011] A Thousand Days' Promise 천일의 약속

serenasf95

b0b97123.gif

'A Thousand Days' Promise' premiere achieved high ratings of double-digits

<千日的約定>首播便取得兩位數的高收視率

31382_1.jpg

'A Thousand Days' Promise' first episode achieved double-digit ratings, a striking success.

According to AGB MEDIA's survey on the 18th, the 10/17 premiere of SBS drama 'A Thousand Days' Promise' achieved 12.8% nationwide ratings, a 2.7% increase compared to the 10.1% premiere ratings of just-ended SBS drama 'Warrior Baek Dong Soo'. The first episode has made very good results, the drama has come to a good start.

At the start of the 1st episode, everyone's eyes has already been attracted to the passionate romantic drama of Kim Rae Won & Soo Ae. Although Park Ji Hyeong (Kim Rae Won) is about to marry Noh Hyang Gi (Jung Yumi), he has been secretly seeing Lee Seo Yeon (Soo Ae). When the parents of both sides has set the wedding date, Ji Hyeong, seeing painful Seo Yeon, makes a showdown with his mother: "I have another woman", the story begins to become tense.

MBC 'Gyebaek' & KBS 'Poseidon' broadcasting on the same timeslot achieved 13.5% and 7.9% ratings respectively.

http://kishd.org/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=26896

(*my translation fr the news article in chinese :P )

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*quoted image* *quoted image*

TNS (Nationwide)

'A Thousand Days' Promise' 12.1 (ranking 8)

Gyebaek 10.3 (13)

Poseidon 9.2 (17)

(Seoul)

'A Thousand Days' Promise' 14.8 (3)

Gyebaek 13.5 (5)

Poseidon 9.2 (8)

AGB (Nationwide)

Gyebaek 13.5 (3)

'A Thousand Days' Promise' 12.8 (6)

(*Poseidon not on top20)

(Seoul)

Gyebaek 14.9 (3)

'A Thousand Days' Promise' 14.7 (4)

*quoted image*

Thank you Middy for lovely screen shots and new info about ratings.. Thank you 71e for screen shots!

I just finished watching episode 1.. Went right to my heart.. Between the screen shot that you see of Soo Ae hurting, and the last shots in the episode of Prince, - OMG... They are so well matched.. and he - how is it possible he just gets better and better every time?

Here is a bit of news about the singer who sings the OST for the drama, Baek Ji Young.

Baek Ji Young proves herself as a queen of ballad through ‘A Thousand Days’ Promise’

Baek-Ji-Young.jpg

Baek Ji Young participated in the OST of A Thousand Days’ Promise.

She participated in the OST of SBS drama A Thousand Days’ Promise (written by Kim Soo Hyun, directed by Jeong Ul Young) with its main theme song, “It Hurts Here.” “It Hurts Here” was composed and written by Jeon Hae Sung, who also made “That Woman” and “As Time Goes By,” and increased everyone’s expectation.

“It Hurts Here” is a medium ballad song that emphasized Baek Ji Young’s unique sad voice with rhythmical acoustic guitar, lyrical piano, and string quartet line, and will be released on the 17th.

A Thousand Days’ Promise is a story about a woman losing her sight and a man trying to keep his love with her, starring Soo Ae, Kim Rae Won, Lee Sang Woo, and Jung Yu Mi. It will be first aired on the 17th.

Source: A Thousand Days Promise OST Info on Korea.com

And the song....

A Thousand Days Promise OST - It Hurts Here by Baek Ji-young

56be5f70ace3cdbc59b6d318fd273d05_large.jpg

"A Thousand Days' Promise" Soo-ae cries her heart out for Kim Rae-won

Lee Seo-yeon (Soo-ae) cried her heart out after parting with Kim Rae-won.

The first episode of new SBS drama "A Thousand Days' Promise" explained the intimate relationship between Lee Seo-yeon and Park Ji-hyeong who was to get married to Noh Hyang-gi (Jeong Yoo-mi).

Park Ji-hyeong and Lee Seo-yeon's love was passionate but somewhat unsteady. Because Park Ji-hyeong was getting married to Noh Hyang-gi. Lee Seo-yeon knew she was going to be left alone but she continued her relationship with him.

Lee Seo-yeon ascended in the annual spring literary contest but she still lived on writing rich people's autobiographies. On the other hand, Noh Hyang-gi is from a well-off family and Park Ji-hyeong didn't want to let her go for his success although he loved Lee Seo-yeon.

On this day, Park Ji-hyeong set a wedding date with Noh Hyang-gi and said goodbye to Lee Seo-yeon. He told her, "I'm sorry I'm so mean". She replied, "I've imagined this day from a long time ago" and tried to act cool but after parting with him she went into the men's bathroom and cried her heart out.

Spoiler HanCinema

Jeong Yoo-mi wears tight-fitting sweat suit

Actress Jeong Yoo-mi wore a tight-fitting sweat suit in the drama "A Thousand Days' Promise".

On the first episode of SBS drama "A Thousand Days' Promise", Jeong Yoo-mi appeared doing the pilates. She showed off her body like she never did before in a pair of tight sweat suits.

She revealed that she constantly does stretching and take care of her body, always drinking plenty of water as well.

After the drama, netizen's say, "I'm jealous of her fatless body", "She has a really firm body", "She must work out a lot" and more.

Meanwhile, Jeong Yoo-mi plays the role of rich girl Noh Hyang-gi who will do anything for love in the drama "A Thousand Days' Promise".

HanCinema

This was such a heart breaking scene... and it is only episode 1.. Thank you 71e...^^

Guest rhyme2love

Guess, I'll be staying in this thread. It's been a while since I had been staying here in soompi.. and with this new kdrama I think I have my new home here in Thousand Days' Promise thread...

Can't wait for links of epi 1..eng sub please...........

Thanks v much dears.....

Guest mind.love

So how everyone enjoy the drama ?? honestly i haven't watch, i wake up today at 1AM to download, and it's finished going to watch it tonight althought i need the sub to understand

Yeah i need sub to really enjoy the over all of the episode. waiting patiently. 

i abhor melodramas, especially those involving illnesses, but i had to watch this b/c it's written by kim soo-hyun. and what can i say, this drama is amazing. i love that we don't get the conventional nice-boy-meets-nice-girl-but-latter-gets-sick story. instead, we get baggage!! he's a coward, she's a richard simmons, and they break up in the first episode! wow. but what the heck?? lee sang woo is her cousin?? noooo, what a waste! he's great 2nd lead potential! but i guess a 2nd lead in this kind of story would be rather useless and only create artificial obstacles. at least allow jae-min to give ji-hyung a lot of pain for being such a jerk to seo-yeon. maybe make jae-min seduce hyang-gi to get back at (or help?) ji-hyung?

i am so looking forward to the parents' force in all this too. wow such an amazing veteran line-up. i see some familiar faces from <life is beautiful> (which is one of my fav dramas btw) hehe. i wonder if writer kim is going to go w/ this string of flashbacks structure in the first few episodes. cuz, then...not much would happen in the present(?) day. i mean, if you think about it, the first episode consisted of only one day. i'm also really curious about what happened one year ago that made them so attracted to each other and start their taboo relationship.

but yea, soo ae isn't going to die at the end, right??? she's so elegant and acts sooo incredibly well. her crying scene after their breakup was one of the best i've seen from an actress under 35. i really felt her pain. anyways, looking forward to the 2nd episode!

i love the crying scene of So Ae even though i don't understand what the reason i feel her pain so much :(

and to KRW still his great acting ability is awesome............

KRW and SA is full of hotness.... :D

KUDOS A Thousand Day's Promise! :D

Guest rhyme2love

Javabeans just posted her recap on the first episode : Dramabeans: Thousand Day Promise

I'm off to read it!

Thanks for the recap. I'm hooked! :)

i abhor melodramas, especially those involving illnesses, but i had to watch this b/c it's written by kim soo-hyun. and what can i say, this drama is amazing. i love that we don't get the conventional nice-boy-meets-nice-girl-but-latter-gets-sick story. instead, we get baggage!! he's a coward, she's a richard simmons, and they break up in the first episode! wow. but what the heck?? lee sang woo is her cousin?? noooo, what a waste! he's great 2nd lead potential! but i guess a 2nd lead in this kind of story would be rather useless and only create artificial obstacles. at least allow jae-min to give ji-hyung a lot of pain for being such a jerk to seo-yeon. maybe make jae-min seduce hyang-gi to get back at (or help?) ji-hyung?

i am so looking forward to the parents' force in all this too. wow such an amazing veteran line-up. i see some familiar faces from <life is beautiful> (which is one of my fav dramas btw) hehe. i wonder if writer kim is going to go w/ this string of flashbacks structure in the first few episodes. cuz, then...not much would happen in the present(?) day. i mean, if you think about it, the first episode consisted of only one day. i'm also really curious about what happened one year ago that made them so attracted to each other and start their taboo relationship.

but yea, soo ae isn't going to die at the end, right??? she's so elegant and acts sooo incredibly well. her crying scene after their breakup was one of the best i've seen from an actress under 35. i really felt her pain. anyways, looking forward to the 2nd episode!

I like your line....

"we get baggage!! he's a coward, she's a richard simmons, and they break up in the first episode!"

Let us cross our fingers...soo ae should not die..hopefully..hopefully...

I really need english sub now.. I aa waiitng.. :D

"A Thousand Days' Promise" Soo-ae cries her heart out for Kim Rae-won

atdpphoto201081ep1sooae.jpg

Lee Seo-yeon (Soo-ae) cried her heart out after parting with Kim Rae-won.

The first episode of new SBS drama "A Thousand Days' Promise" explained the intimate relationship between Lee Seo-yeon and Park Ji-hyeong who was to get married to Noh Hyang-gi (Jeong Yoo-mi).

Park Ji-hyeong and Lee Seo-yeon's love was passionate but somewhat unsteady. Because Park Ji-hyeong was getting married to Noh Hyang-gi. Lee Seo-yeon knew she was going to be left alone but she continued her relationship with him.

Lee Seo-yeon ascended in the annual spring literary contest but she still lived on writing rich people's autobiographies. On the other hand, Noh Hyang-gi is from a well-off family and Park Ji-hyeong didn't want to let her go for his success although he loved Lee Seo-yeon.

On this day, Park Ji-hyeong set a wedding date with Noh Hyang-gi and said goodbye to Lee Seo-yeon. He told her, "I'm sorry I'm so mean". She replied, "I've imagined this day from a long time ago" and tried to act cool but after parting with him she went into the men's bathroom and cried her heart out.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Source: Hancinema - here

Archived