Survival Audition Kpop Star

Guest lol00

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello :) I have another question ^___^;; I opened the application with Open Office (I can't open and edit it any other way) and now I'm not sure if they'll be able to open it because the format was changed to odt. Do you know if they'll be able to open to the file? Or is there a way I can change the format?

Thank you!

edit: Never mind! I was able to change it to a .doc =P Sorry!

Guest starzXshinee

I want to ask.. If for example you apply as a group but 1 person isn't liked.. Does that mean the whole group will be disqualified ? I hope someone can answer fast & if someone already asked this Q I'm sorry I didn't see it >.< Thank you in advance :)

No, it means that the one person who is disliked will not make it to the next round but everyone else will.

Guest starzXshinee

Really? Cause I thought if you audition as a group then you'll proceed or get disqualified as a group. 

No. It is not your fault that another member is not as good as you. Why should you be punished for someone else's not-so-talented-ness?

Besides, it says so in the 2nd round e-mail. :P

Guest greenish

No. It is not your fault that another member is not as good as you. Why should you be punished for someone else's not-so-talented-ness?

Besides, it says so in the 2nd round e-mail. :P

not true. it is actually a normal practice to disqualify the whole team/group for auditions. your team is expected to be good since you guys make the choice to join as a group. but since you said that they have specifically mentioned in the email that they would only disqualify ONE/no. of people in the group whom is not good enough, then i supposed we can trust that for now. then again, rules and regulations/expectations/etc for this competition is constantly changing..

word of advise though, i think it's important to think and put yourself in the shoes of the judges' as well as the producers'. i am not korean nor do i know the language. but i would not be surprised that they would let many non-korean/non-asians to pass for the sake of having a "good show" which this would be expected to draw millions of viewers. more non-koreans = more viewership (not neccessary via sbs but online) from foreign countries = gaining new/more people interest in kpop..and so on.

don't get me wrong. not trying to stop people from trying. i know some of us might have already figured this out, but do think about it and be aware of what you might be risking.

I'm losing hope TT__TT! Seeing almost everyone got their reply email back already made me so nervous cuz I sent my clip through youtube last Monday (5th September) and I haven't received any reply at all :((

Btw, what does the no. of "count" next to your entry in the youtube channel represent?

Guest starzXshinee

not true. it is actually a normal practice to disqualify the whole team/group for auditions. your team is expected to be good since you guys make the choice to join as a group. but since you said that they have specifically mentioned in the email that they would only disqualify ONE/no. of people in the group whom is not good enough, then i supposed we can trust that for now. then again, rules and regulations/expectations/etc for this competition is constantly changing..

word of advise though, i think it's important to think and put yourself in the shoes of the judges' as well as the producers'. i am not korean nor do i know the language. but i would not be surprised that they would let many non-korean/non-asians to pass for the sake of having a "good show" which this would be expected to draw millions of viewers. more non-koreans = more viewership (not neccessary via sbs but online) from foreign countries = gaining new/more people interest in kpop..and so on.

don't get me wrong. not trying to stop people from trying. i know some of us might have already figured this out, but do think about it and be aware of what you might be risking.

Actually, I really doubt they would even let a group pass because SBS would have to pay all accommodations.

I got some inside news and SBS actually need more Koreans joining.

My hypothesis: Although they want to gain international interest, this is still a Korean show so they need the attention of their Korean viewers the most if they ever want the show to succeed.

Actually, I really doubt they would even let a group pass because SBS would have to pay all accommodations.

I got some inside news and SBS actually need more Koreans joining.

My hypothesis: Although they want to gain international interest, this is still a Korean show so they need the attention of their Korean viewers the most if they ever want the show to succeed.

yea, i heard atleast from the LA location, that theres a lot of non-Koreans applying, which isnt a bad thing, but theres a lack of Korean applications.

hopefully its like that for NY cause..im Korean LOLL

and the 7th bullet in the Standard/Minor Release Consent Form says that the whole group may not pass, only some members. 

EDIT: question. i remember reading somewhere that they suggested to DANCE to a kpop song. am i remembering incorrectly or did someone else read that too.

EDIT: question. i remember reading somewhere that they suggested to DANCE to a kpop song. am i remembering incorrectly or did someone else read that too.

Hey, I'm excited to hear that because i'm Korean too ;)

And the representative that called me told me that a dance will increase your chances, But about the K-pop song, its not set and stone, but it shouldn't matter.

I feel personally that makes no sense, and watching many other singing programs, those who danced almost always used non Korean songs~

I'm pumped out of my mind for this, I'm ready! ^^

hey guys :P

so i auditioned too (via email) and i got a phone call from korea a few days later saying i passed....

she told me to look out for the email saying i passed and how that email will have all the information and 2nd round application forms.

it's been a week and i still haven't recieved it... and auditions in New Jersey (New York) are in less than a week..... T_____T

is anyone willing to forward that email to me? if you want, you can just send me the attached files on it...

i just want to be prepared when i get there, cause i don't want to be disqualified just cause i didn't get the email, and i don't have those papers...

please help me T_________________________T thank you!!!

Any body from asia got a rply? And how long would it take to get a reply? Do you get confirmation emails to say that they received your application?

I'm worried they didn't receive my application or something? I sent my email on thursday, the 8th and had no reply yet... :(

could it be due to chuseok? Sigh don't think I could even make it pass the first round... :(

Guest pok3ydot

And the representative that called me told me that a dance will increase your chances, But about the K-pop song, its not set and stone, but it shouldn't matter.

I feel personally that makes no sense, and watching many other singing programs, those who danced almost always used non Korean songs~

is it better to dance to korean songs or not to dance to a korean song? I'm really frustrated because I am spending time learning korean dances when I'd rather use an English song...Honestly, i prefer dancing to American songs and my own choreography and not Korean dances but if it helps then I will continue to learn it but cmon' which is it??? Anybody know why korean songs/dance covers would be better than dancing to an English song? or if sbs really said it's better to dance to a korean song? (i been reading those comments on their facebook...)

is it better to dance to korean songs or not to dance to a korean song? I'm really frustrated because I am spending time learning korean dances when I'd rather use an English song...Honestly, i prefer dancing to American songs and my own choreography and not Korean dances but if it helps then I will continue to learn it but cmon' which is it??? Anybody know why korean songs/dance covers would be better than dancing to an English song? or if sbs really said it's better to dance to a korean song? (i been reading those comments on their facebook...)

i saw it too! they said on fb that it's better to dance to a korean song.

but of course, if you prefer to dance to a english song and feel more confident then i think you should just go ahead with it.

after all as long as you are talented, they will be able to see it whether you dance to a korean song or english song!

:D right? i mean, kpop stars do dance to english songs too! haha

Guest May_evey

hi..

need a little help here :'(

youtube audition is until 18 sept, right?

Today i was want to apply, but when i click the submit button, it won't work :(

is it mean youtube audition is over? 

is there still another way to apply?

When do I get the automatic email reply? I sent mine on the 9th before 9pm.

I got mine after like 2 days.

I'm losing hope TT__TT! Seeing almost everyone got their reply email back already made me so nervous cuz I sent my clip through youtube last Monday (5th September) and I haven't received any reply at all :((

Btw, what does the no. of "count" next to your entry in the youtube channel represent?

Don't lose hope yet. My friend and I send our application on the same day. I got my notification after 5 days and my friends just got her yesterday. So don't lose hope yet!! 

hey guys :P

so i auditioned too (via email) and i got a phone call from korea a few days later saying i passed....

she told me to look out for the email saying i passed and how that email will have all the information and 2nd round application forms.

it's been a week and i still haven't recieved it... and auditions in New Jersey (New York) are in less than a week..... T_____T

is anyone willing to forward that email to me? if you want, you can just send me the attached files on it...

i just want to be prepared when i get there, cause i don't want to be disqualified just cause i didn't get the email, and i don't have those papers...

please help me T_________________________T thank you!!!

I'm sorry but i don't think anyone will forward it though. We were told not to reveal it anyone.

You should try emailing them. Either to L.A or N.Y. email with subject like '1st round pass notification documents' and explain to them your situation.

Good Luck!

Ugh. I really want to go, but can't because it's going to be a 16 hour drive for me (no planes for me ><) and no one wants to accompany me during the drive up there.... Good luck to all that are attending though!

You should have said so earlier, I would company you... but it would be creepy at the same time cuz we don't know each other... lol

I think you should prepare both in Korean and English Song. When you get to the audition you can ask around. Once you find out which is better then you will be ready to go

I'm sorry but i don't think anyone will forward it though. We were told not to reveal it anyone.

You should try emailing them. Either to L.A or N.Y. email with subject like '1st round pass notification documents' and explain to them your situation.

Good Luck!

wooooooooooow. really? aish... i just need the documents... T_____________T i did email them back... and there has been still no reply......

Guest greenish

hi..

need a little help here :'(

youtube audition is until 18 sept, right?

Today i was want to apply, but when i click the submit button, it won't work :(

is it mean youtube audition is over? 

is there still another way to apply?

nope, it's on the 30th sep for youtube audition. =)

but yeah, im still trying to figure out how to submit video to a youtube user. T.T

anyway, yeah, if they really need more koreans for now, then that is probably bad news for the rest who are trying their luck. it probably means they have already hit their "quota" for non-koreans participants. =/

for someone who mentioned about which song to dance to, i would think it's more important to pick a song that really showcase your talent and what you're good at. if it's a korean song, it just acts as a bonus. or at least, that's what i think though.

but i was just wondering, is there a minimum duration for dance as well? because i don't see it?

Archived