Survival Audition Kpop Star

Guest lol00

Guest starzXshinee

^

WHAT?! Oh my goodness. I am SO SCARED to do anything now, because I keep reading different things from different people and A LOT concerning the RULES of the audition): And apparently the rules have changed a lot?? Where am I not seeing this? ): SO NOW WE CANNOT SEND A VIDEO ATTACHED WITH THE APPLICATION IF WE ARE ABLE TO GO TO THE REGIONAL AUDITIONS (EX: LOS ANGELES)? WE HAVE TO SEND THEM JUST AN EMAIL OF THE APPLICATION WITH OUR PHOTO AND THEY WILL EMAIL US BACK WITH THE DETAILS/CONFIRMATION IF WE PASSED? THEN, WE CAN GO TO THE REGIONAL AUDITIONS (OUR NAMES WILL BE ON A LIST) WITH THE FORMS THEY SEND US ETC.??

Major. Unsureness. Confuzzled. Confusion o_o

I follow their official twitter and facebook so I always get updated. And ALLKPOP gives you some information as well.

I think you can send a video...? But you cannot apply by video, meaning, going to their youtube page a submitting your video on there.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest melvin_akinaspeedstarz

question: since I live 6 hours away from LA should I attach a freestyle video with my application even though I uploaded a choreo video on youtube? and how will SBS view my video on youtube? Do I just upload the video and thats it?

Guest milkydonut

I follow their official twitter and facebook so I always get updated. And ALLKPOP gives you some information as well.

I think you can send a video...? But you cannot apply by video, meaning, going to their youtube page a submitting your video on there.

Ohh I see agh D: But why would they not let you submit your video on youtube? Isn't that the 2nd way to apply? ( >> http://www.sbskpopstar.com/youtube_channel/popup.html) also, just to super clarify... How did you apply then? All the steps and everything? It also seems some people only sent in their application at first and they got an email back asking for more videos/pictures? Idk if I should send my application only first to see what they say or the application with the video by email?

Guest starzXshinee

Ohh I see agh D: But why would they not let you submit your video on youtube? Isn't that the 2nd way to apply? ( >> http://www.sbskpopstar.com/youtube_channel/popup.html) also, just to super clarify... How did you apply then? All the steps and everything? It also seems some people only sent in their application at first and they got an email back asking for more videos/pictures? Idk if I should send my application only first to see what they say or the application with the video by email?

Now, the youtube audition is for people who cannot make it to the regional audition. But this is where it gets confusing. I was also told by SBS that you can audition through youtube [that is when they e-mail you to send them pictures of you if you pass] for your 1st round audition. They will just judge you harder.

But if you live in the US and you cannot make it to the LA or NY auditions, then they tell you too bad because both LA and NY are close to you.

I am ASSUMING that they only want people who live far from all the regional auditions to apply through YouTube.

Sorry I did not give you an exact answer. SBS is not really clear with the youtube auditions.

Guest 1nn0xsmile

Ahh. OK. Thanks for your reply! What reasons did you list? LOL. I'm having such trouble filling this thing out because I'm afraid of making a dumb mistake or making someone angry. XD

Yes I understand, I was worrying about making mistakes too. The reasons I listed were about what I really think about each company. Why do you like SM ? YG or JYP? Ex. What I put for YG is that bcuz I like BIGBANG haha silly me ;)

Ok, time to take a deep breath, and take it easy =)

hi everyone~ 

i was just wondering.. i got a email back saying:

i was wondering if i had to print it out, sign it and then e-mail it back in attachment O_o??? or jus bring this to the audition... O_o?

-edit- im over 18

-edited-

Guest 1nn0xsmile

Yeah my application so I just fill in everything even though its all compact? and what about youtube uploads do I attach the video link with my application as well the other dance video im gonna attach with my application? the other video im sending it as a file not uploading it on youtube

ah sorry, I misunderstood you.

I thought you meant when other open your app that already sent, it become all impact. sorry,

If that's the case,I dont know why either. Im using Mac, and I can open it without any problem.

Youtube and email are two different app.

You can attach your video, with email app. if you dont live near NY, LA, France or Argentina.

Guest pok3ydot

So I just have a quick question, maybe someone can answer it for me. When you go for the second auditions, I didn't see an option for rap, (in the attachments they sent me) but do you think we'll still be able to rap for the 2nd audition? Thanks

yeah u can. Just rap for 1 minute. 

question: since I live 6 hours away from LA should I attach a freestyle video with my application even though I uploaded a choreo video on youtube? and how will SBS view my video on youtube? Do I just upload the video and thats it?

yeah you can if you want, but only one. For youtube, they can view it only if you submit the video to their youtube channel. The submit button should be on the top left hand corner. 

oh did they extend there deadline? its not the 9th anymore correct?

yeah its september 18th

hi everyone~ 

i was just wondering.. i got a email back saying:

you should not release that information or you'll get disqualified.

and you are supposed to fill the minor consent form by computer, but leave the signature spaces blank, and send it back along with the 1st round pass notification. print out your application five times, and bring it to them, translated in korean. 

wow! congrats to all those who made it in!

I just sent my application in a while ago and somehow my document for the application form was too huge!

so hotmail asked me to convert it into an online document so my recipients can view it!

But after that I went to the "sent" folders to try opening the online document and they said it could not be opened, but gave an option to open in microsoft word, but you had to sign in something before you can open the file. :(

WHAT IF THEY COULD NOT OPEN MY APPLICATION FORM?! *stabs self*

As for me I received a confirmation that I made it to the second round as well which made me real happy but I think it was probably an automated message since the gave the same I same instructions on their site except with the congrats and all

Guest Namjachingu

Hi! I just got a mysterious call, the number was weird looking so I didn't pick up. Can anyone tell me if this is a korean phone number? :008536***05*0, 13 numbers. Weird huh? If someone could please answer me. It would be highly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Hi! I just got a mysterious call, the number was weird looking so I didn't pick up. Can anyone tell me if this is a korean phone number? :008536***05*0, 13 numbers. Weird huh? If someone could please answer me. It would be highly appreciated. Thanks so much!

xD i gott a ten number phonee number

Guest Charmingbestfriend96

hey guys.. i passed LOL but i just got a call from a lady asking which date i want to come in!! xD did anyone else get a call????

cuz she said that they only call the people they REALLY want to come.. but i DOUBT IT xD cuz i was soo honest on my application..

i told them i can't sing or dance... AT ALL!! xD but she said that if i try really hard then i'll get good results xD nice lady!!

alsoo.. the audition is Sept 17 - 18th at Bergen Performing Arts Center in NJ Englewood. <33 =] GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!

What was there number?

Guest Namjachingu

xD i gott a ten number phonee number

Oh really? whatd the person say? Im thinking of calling them back, if they dont call back lol. did yours have 008 too?

Guest milkydonut

Now, the youtube audition is for people who cannot make it to the regional audition. But this is where it gets confusing. I was also told by SBS that you can audition through youtube [that is when they e-mail you to send them pictures of you if you pass] for your 1st round audition. They will just judge you harder.

But if you live in the US and you cannot make it to the LA or NY auditions, then they tell you too bad because both LA and NY are close to you.

I am ASSUMING that they only want people who live far from all the regional auditions to apply through YouTube.

Sorry I did not give you an exact answer. SBS is not really clear with the youtube auditions.

Thank you so so much! (: Would you also happen to know anything about this?

http://www.facebook.com/sbskpopstar/posts/145445452208331

Does this mean they would like/prefer to see kpop dance covers?

Guest snsd_178

Hello,

Can someone answer theses questions for me as straightforwardly as possible?

1. What are the deadlines for the e-mail and youtube audition? ARE YOU SURE?!

2. If I were to pass the youtube auditions, will they send me straight to Korea or would I still have to fly to the nearest local audition?

The closest place I live near is California for the local auditions, but I would still have to fly there.

Thanks!

Guest woosung

Hey guys couple of questions !

First I got a call at school today by 822-211-37999 however i could not pick up and i cannot call back because it says the number isnt available.. i dont know if this was sbs or not but from what i see above it kinda seems like it.

Also i got an email from sbs saying that i got in for the 1st auditions and got all my forms and such so i sent back the form they were asking for, then i got another email today asking for me to send them a video of me singing or dancing, what does this mean ? is this a bad thing -__-

Guest donghaelove77

Thanks so much for the answer to my questions!:P

Just realized that I made a major typo on my application (information wrong). Does anyone know if it's okay to email another corrected application. Also, do you only upload one picture or many?

Archived