Survival Audition Kpop Star

Guest lol00

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greenish

Hey everyone, while earlier I have posted my question..

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=158388877580655

They have laid out more details on second qualifying rounds!

In any case, it still seems vague for info regarding auditionees from asian countries/other countries NOT in their above list. But I guess for those people, it should probably mean SBS would contact them after 7th of October.

Deadline has also been updated on the page. 30th September would be the deadline for Youtube submission. (so thankful!!)

Guest melvin_akinaspeedstarz

So I just sent in my app without attaching a video im still good right? and I only attached one pic and thats it im still good right?

So I just sent in my app without attaching a video im still good right? and I only attached one pic and thats it im still good right?

You can now attach a video with your application and picture if you want to. You can and should attach at least 2 pictures. 

Do we really have to submit more than one picture? Or did anyone only submit one? Thanks for any replies in advance!

You can attach more than one picture if you want to. I attached two pictures. 

if you forget to attach a picture are u automatically disqualified? i didn't realize that i was supposed to attach one even though it clearly states that ur supposed to >.>

if you forget to attach a picture are u automatically disqualified? i didn't realize that i was supposed to attach one even though it clearly states that ur supposed to >.>

You wouldn't be "automatically disqualified" you would just have to reply to the email you sent with the pictures attach. 

You wouldn't be "automatically disqualified" you would just have to reply to the email you sent with the pictures attach. 

oooh really? but i thought that if you send an email twice you'd be disqualified because they don't want people to spam their email? 

so should i do as u said? reply to the email i sent with the pictures? 

oooh really? but i thought that if you send an email twice you'd be disqualified because they don't want people to spam their email? 

so should i do as u said? reply to the email i sent with the pictures? 

Yes, I sent a reply and I got a reply back from them, so it's all cool, as long as you don't spam them with questions and videos and other junk about you trying to get on their good side, doing that will probably get you disqualified.

can someone explain to me about this audition?

i really can understand how to admit this?

audition with youtube or what?

sent our photo to the website first or what?

please help me to understand it:(

thanks before^^

can someone help me for understand about this audition??

what should i do for the first step??

please help me^^

thanks before:D

Yes, I sent a reply and I got a reply back from them, so it's all cool, as long as you don't spam them with questions and videos and other junk about you trying to get on their good side, doing that will probably get you disqualified.

okay, thank you so much!!!! :) this audition is so confusing so i'm glad we can all help each other ^^ good luck to everyone!

I found this in youtube official channel:  "The deadline for youtube audition is September 30th, 2011."

it is for real?

Yes, it's for real, the other thing I have to mention is that if you're not from: LA, New York, and the other countries they're having auditions for and you're planning to audition through Youtube (Which is what you should be doing because the Youtube audition is for those who can't fly to LA, NY, etc.), you'll get your results after or before October 7th.

Guest Charmingbestfriend96

Yes, it's for real, the other thing I have to mention is that if you're not from: LA, New York, and the other countries they're having auditions for and you're planning to audition through Youtube (Which is what you should be doing because the Youtube audition is for those who can't fly to LA, NY, etc.), you'll get your results after or before October 7th.

I did the youtube audition but i already got the results and they said airfare+food is not included and they repeatedly said youtube and email audition are the 1st rounds and are the same

I did the youtube audition but i already got the results and they said airfare+food is not included and they repeatedly said youtube and email audition are the 1st rounds and are the same

Yeah...that's what I thought would happen. I just had a feeling that even though you audition through Youtube and you get a reply email saying you passed it, then you'll still have to pay for your own flight fare, accommodation fees, etc. On the reply email, where did you have to go after you passed the Youtube round? Because the next round is suppose to be somewhere in the same country, example is if you're in Australia and you passed the Youtube audition then they'll probably invite you to Sydney or something. 

Guest pok3ydot

When they are asking for family background what should I put?

and no photoshopped pictures correct because I had a photoshoot a while ago

yes, no photoshop. Family background means like, 1 brother, 2 sisters, mom and dad etc. You can add their ethnicity too.

@ somebody who asked....

"would they announce results for second round qualifiers on the same day or would it take a couple of days? It would not really make sense to make participants stay in the country for days just to wait for the results ($..) and continue to the 3rd+subsequent rounds which would officially be in Korea all the way till getting eliminated? Also, what's the approximate number of rounds for survival kpop star?"

I don't think they announce results on the second round on the same day. I heard you go home right after the second round. And then they will call or e-mail you to say you passed (the ones that didn't pass, i don't believe get calls).  Don't know how many rounds. But the show will last for about 20 weeks. 

Is it alright if I audition w/ a sing that has rap and vocal?

yes, but the song has to be only 1 minute.

Thanks por3ydot for answering my question,but can i send my 2nd round application through youtube?

yes you may, as long as you do not spam them.

ah... i see! thank you for informing me! :D do they call during weekends? So it's a higher possibility that they may call me IF i manage to pass through the first rounds since i'm still 16? and what would happen should you be unable to answer a call or if your guardian isn't around at that point of time?

i don't know which days they call you and what would happen if your parent is not home, but they call your parent's number not yours anyway. And they only call your parent about the parent consent form if you've already passed the 1st round, not to inform you whether you passed or not...they were supposed to have e-mailed you back the 2nd round notice and papers/attachments after you passed THEN you e-mail them back your info, THEN they call your parent to confirm (if you are 16-17) that you can come or not. They do this so 16-17 year olds can go to the auditions without their parents. however, anyone 15 and under MUST go with a parent.

Do we really have to submit more than one picture? Or did anyone only submit one? Thanks for any replies in advance!

They prefer it if you send one. Before it was two, but now it's one.

can someone explain to me about this audition?

i really can understand how to admit this?

audition with youtube or what?

sent our photo to the website first or what?

please help me to understand it:(

thanks before^^

can someone help me for understand about this audition??

what should i do for the first step??

please help me^^

thanks before:D

Your questions are too vague. If you are really clueless about how to even start, then try to do some research first before you ask. I'm sure most of your questions could have been answered if you look on their official alkpop website, facebook, and if you read through the previous pages on this soompi thread. 

and YES, youtube application and e-mail application is one in the same. You will still have to get to the second round live auditions yourself. It applies to EVERYONE.

i don't know which days they call you and what would happen if your parent is not home, but they call your parent's number not yours anyway. And they only call your parent about the parent consent form if you've already passed the 1st round, not to inform you whether you passed or not...they were supposed to have e-mailed you back the 2nd round notice and papers/attachments after you passed THEN you e-mail them back your info, THEN they call your parent to confirm (if you are 16-17) that you can come or not. They do this so 16-17 year olds can go to the auditions without their parents. however, anyone 15 and under MUST go with a parent.

ah i see! thank you so much for answering me! ^^ ah i hope i pass! or is it over already?

i sent to the asia email address on thursday and haven't got a reply yet! :(

i'm worried that they disqualified me or something and didn't tell me then i would be waiting here like an idiot.

on average how long does it take for them to reply you?

anybody from asia?

Archived