[Drama 2011] Gyebaek 계백 (가제)

Coolleette

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ep7 spoiler, review

(I have no idea what are they doing) Sataekbi and gang, I think are giving respect to previous King, maybe the 1st ruler of baekjae(the spirit tablet)

The 2 generals who are on the way to the city retreated and went back to their respective cities due to interruption by Sataekjukduk. One of the general’s city caught fire. The other general wanted to enter the city but sataekjukduk threatens the lives of the soldiers that if he insist, his men and generals men will have to fight and will cause blood shed among brothers of the same country.

Bi and her gang went in the palace together with the army. Uija saw whats happening.

King said he will give up the thrown. Bi said that nobody for now is qualify to be king except him. King ask what she wants. Bi ask him to drop his own desire and work in line with the nobles. She said something about completing bigger task(she said a lot to persuade him but I’m not going to write down).

King said for someone who is powerless to accomplish bigger task is she mocking/making him a laughing stock. Bi said if he thinks that way then reveal the life and death scroll and punish them. Uija watch hiding behind the pillar.

King took the scroll and burn it. Uija was totally disappointed( I mean how could he not, I totally hate the king after this)

Moojin and gyebaek visit Moojin’s friend. He gave him his sword I think and ask him to burn it. His friend ask why is he like this and ask him to live with him. Complaining that he wont have a drinking partner. MJ said he quit drinking. He ask Gb to stay with him instead but GB said he will follow his father too. His friend said if he ever wants to drink he should come and find him and they left.

GB told MJ that he has to meet someone 1st. He meet Eunko and ask if its ok to put her in his heart and she said he still haven come to his senses but later toss him a bag, and ask him to wear it so that he will always come back to his senses. Inside the bag is a necklace with the hiang inside.

He wore it happily. Mj ask if he is that happy, GB said don’t he know the feeling and Mj making fun on him when they suddenly got arrested by the soldiers.

They were thrown into jail, wondering what had happen.

King said to Bi that he already burn the scroll and give MJ and is she asking for all his loyal subjects. She wants Uija instead, the one that cause Mj to do all this because of a promise. The king protest but Bi said its not something he cant control and Uija is useless to Baekjae.

King thinking by himself asking Uijas mom to help.

King went to see Mj in dungeon. Mj ask King what is going on. King said he has no face( embarrass) to see him and told him that their plan fail. He ask about the scroll.

Uija drinking alone. He ask for more wine but the eunuch told him the king has come. Uija ask the king if he is happy burning the scroll MJ tried to get with his life. King slap him.

He scolded him that because of wanting to save him, MJ and GB might loose their lives and ask him to come back to his senses.

MJ and Gyebaek have chicken as dinner. GB ask what the king said, is it to have them release and Mj said yes. They have father and son moment. Mj gave Gb some wine but Gb doesn’t want to drink. Mj said he just want to pour him a drink and GB said one bowl. MJ thank GB for growing up well and ask him not to live like him. Don’t take a sword don’t fight don’t make his family worry. Thanks for accepting this useless dad. GB said he Loves him.

Uija came and ask to see the queen. Bi doesn’t want to meet him and Uija kneeling at the front door.

The guards bring Mj to meet Bi. Maid report to Bi and she went out to meet him. Uija still kneeling in front and she scolded him and he stand aside.

Mj said that he lost. Bi ask if he really thinks that way. He said yes. Bi said this is weird, the Mj I know wont give up easily.

MJ said is it? Then I cant hide anything from you and hit the guards and took the sword.

Flash back when the king meet him earlier in the dungeon, king told Mj about them wanting to kill Uija. MJ said they cant let Uija die. He said that he have to end what he started. He said he don’t have regrets but plz take care of GB.

Back to present, Mj killing guards approaching Bi.

Uija looked at MJ.

Flash back when King meet him in his room.

He said he cant do it. King said is MJ’s request, to save Uija and GB. Don’t tell me u want to let Mj sacrifice everything for nothing.

Back to present. Mj held his sword and charge Bi and Uija runs infront of him and stab him.

Flash back, GB and Mj is brought out from the jail. Guards bring MJ away. Gb ask where are they bringing his father. Saguel said he will be back and ask GB to move. Gb resist and said he want to follow his dad. Saguel doesn’t let him go and GB bite him and he ran off.

He saw Mj being stab by Uija. GB goes down on his feet. MJ turn around and sees him. He reach out his hands. GB reach out his too. Mj drop to the floor (died). GB fainted.

Uija turns around and look and Sataekbi who was shock as well. Uija said he killed him and save her from Mj.

GB woke up in prison cell. He thought to hisself that was all a dream but start pinching and hiting him self saying why is it so painful, its not real and start calling his father.

Uija drinking again. Saying to him self that he must live on, killing his mother, MJ, kill everyone so that Uija can live. He said its not him who kill and said his hand isn’t his and wanted to cut is hand but the eunuch stop him.

King drinking alone. Sataekbi came. King ask if she’s hurt, he wanted too see her after hearing what had happen. Bi told him not to pretend. King said he is not. Bi said he is too cruel. Just because he wants Uija to live, he dump MJ. King ask are u saying that I did it. She said ofcourse its stupid of me thinking that the king would admit.

Bi said alright, it proves that Mj and Uija are not together with it and Uija doesn’t need to die but Uija will have to pay the price.

King ask if its because of him plotting or is it because Uija killed MJ that she seek revenge.

She said its both. She said u wait and see, I will take away ur precious thing, using the most painful way to make him die.

King ask if she Love MJ that much. She said yes, don’t u know. King laugh and said that shes so straight forward and really is the queen of this country. She said the ppl who make her this way is her father and him. Last time, now and future he Is only her (dono ) and nothing else.

Guards are guarding MJ’s body. Prince Kyoki saw and ask why is his body still in the palace. He told the guards to chop of Mj’s head and hang outside the palace. The guard said they haven receive any orders. A minister came and Kyoki scold them for not being able to protect his mother and leaving Mj’s body here. Kyoki drew out a sword and wanted to chop Mj’s head but Sataekbi arrive and calls him to stop. Sataekjukduk ask them all the leave.

Sataekbi look at Mj’s body and saw his bare feet and said it must be cold. She took the socks from her maid and wore it for him( I love this part, so touching).

Eunko heard about Mj’s attempt to murder the queen. She ask about GB. Her servant told her that he is in jail. She ask what will happen to him. Servant said since he is the son of a murderer he most likely wont be able to live. Eunko wanted to go but grandma said no, that something is fishy and their motive is to get close to the queen so they cant side GB. Eunko said that she will be careful and tells her not to worry.

Bi took Mj’s body to the lake. They put him in a boat with flowers. Tears droping from Bi’s eyes, she touch his face and then cover it with the cloth. The man push the boat to the lake and then shoot fire arrows to burn the boat. Bi thought in her heart, Mj farewell, to me they wont be anymore love relationships that will make me cry. If there is another life, I will wait for you here. I hope that we will meet each other at that time, forget about all things that happen in this life. Go in peace MJ. (This scene is touching, I cried)

King was waiting for queen. He ask if she had sent him well. King said because of MJ’s existence he and Bi have been happy. Bi ask what he really want to say. King ask Bi not to kill GB, he said its MJ’s last wish to let GB have a simple life. She said whether he lives or die its depends on his fate.

The guards bring all the prisoners to a different city. On the way they pass through the market place and Eunko. Choyoung catch up with GB and ask him to be strong and she will try to save him. GB was expressionless, still shock of the lost of his father.

Eunko went to see the queen, burning the hiang for her.

The guards and prisoners reach the city, village but something was strange. It was quite and nobody around. Suddenly they got attack by Silla’s army. And the city is already been capture.

Eunuch report to Uija about it. Uija told them to find GB even if its his dead body .Eunuch said that Silla troops had killed most of them and they had oredi capture the city.

Ppl report to Bi and Eunko heard it. Bi said it might be a good thing. Living might be like hell.

Uija met a guy, he bought a hiang that is poisonous to kill the queen.

Bi ask Eunko she doesn’t want reward what does she want. Eunko said she’s baekjae and its her duty( talk a lot but lets juz say the queen is pleased with her).

Uija came and Bi ask him to leave. Uija said ok, but plz receive my gift. Bi said don’t tell me you want to poison me and ask Eunko to check the hiang.

Eunko covering up for Uija said it’s the most high quality hiang.

They went to Bi’s room and Eunko starts preparing the hiang. Bi at that time was closing her eyes. Eunko switch his hiang with hers, and Uija look at her angrily.

Eunko and Choyoung wanted to leave the palace but Uija stop her and wanted to talk.

The 2 of them talk. Eunko ask if its because she switch the hiang. Uija took out his knife and ask if shes the queens minion. Eunko said he is stupid throwing away his life like this. He said yes I’m stupid. After killing the queen I’ll kill myself. Eunko said that killing the queen only wont make Sataek family and the nobles disappear. Uija raise his voice and said he doesn’t care, he had killed Mj, GB what is he living for.

Eunko rasie her voice and said that’s y you had to live. You promise u would listen to my request(the time when she help him to bring the king over), then I tell u now, live and don’t let go of everyone of them, they must be destroyed. Uija looked at her and ask WHO ARE YOU?

She replied, to save u, the queen and MJ have died a tragic death. Han(Eunkos fahers name) daughter, Eunko. Uija drop the knife and they stare at each other.

GB and the other slaves are captured by the silla army and they bring them here and there. Whenever the guards throw food, the other slaves would fight for food to eat but Gb will sit there quietly and years have pass and he is now an adult.

Silla army use them to fight in wars. They attack the camps, GB is good in fighting.

They won the battle and the silla army treat them chicken and cake. One of the slaves took some for GB and put beside him. GB look at the chicken and remember about the time with his father in jail. The slave took his chicken, saying that how could someone dislike meat.

After the attack the officer in charge check the slaves available by calling their numbers. Those who are dead they cut of the number. They call 139 but he isn’t there. A general(kim yu sin, the one leading Silla army in ep1) went to look and saw GB and ask if he is 139. He saw his hiang necklace and took it. GB got angry and try to get it back. They fought.

They move again and GB cant take eyes of Yusin. They camp.

Yusin ask to bring GB to him. He commented about his glare and ask if the hiang is his life. Yusin gave back the hiang. Yusin said GB’s fighting skills is unusual and ask where did he learn it from. GB keep quiet. Yusin ask if he isnt allowed to speak or he cant speak.

Another general came and talk to yusin about his father(no idea what are they talking about). I think they are criticizing each others strength( the other general using train army while his are slaves). So they went on and bet.

Yusin send Gyebaek to represent their team. They fought but GB lose and Yusin have to give up his badge?

Much as I love Jo Jae-hyeon and I love the story so far , I agree with this:

"Gyebaek" miss-casting?

Eui-ja (Jo Jae-hyeon) suddenly became old.

MBC special drama "Gyebaek" showed all the characters become adults on the 16th.

There was significant importance on Eui-ja in the 8th episode. Eui-ja was sensual and led the drama with excellent performance. However, he was too old visually to say he was a prince and disturbed viewers focus.

In the scene where he faced Moo Wang (Choi Jong-hwan), they looks too similar at age to be called father and son. In real life, Choi Jong-hwan and Jo Jae-hyeon are of the same age as they born in 1965.

He was also older looking than Satekbi (Oh Yeon-soo). No matter how anyone argues that they look young, this has no other explanation but miss-casting. Whether or not Jo Jae-hyeon's act can cover it up is unknown.

Netizen's say, "How could he be the same age as his father", "Maybe he'd be better off as a king. I hope he becomes one soon", "Will I get used to it?", "It's difficult overcoming age but the age does give a sense of relief" and more.

hancinema

Guest KALOLA2010

@Poh90

Thank you so much for the recap ..it makes me understand this drama more.

That’s very kind of you. :)

Ps. Thanks a lot for photos , link downlood ,clips from everyone

POH90

Thank you...I really wanted to tell you that you make it easy for me

BRAVO!!!

KALOLA ISRAEL

PRINCE BRYDE

Guest ms.KPOP.LOVE

Hi Everyone,

Gye Baek Episode 7 and 8 English Soft-Sub Subtitle are out.

gyebaek.jpg

Gye Baek 1-8 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

This is a new project for the DSS CTS Team

URL: http://www.darksmurf...-gye-baek-2011/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

I also agree that they should have cast a younger actor for uija around his 30-40s ...

Sataekbi and Muwang totally look the same age as Uija.

I dont mine them using him later when Muwang and Bi died but for now its just weird.

Song Jihyo on the other hand looks like a walking corpse. She looks seriously pale and sick in the drama. Must have been filiming whole day nonstop. She looks so tired. They should let her rest.

hyomin on the other hand is alot younger than all of them. I guess the cast have large age gap.

But i'm interested in the storyline. How GB would help Uija in the end. For now he just wants to kill him for killing his dad. Its so sad that he misunderstood the situation.

Guest KALOLA2010

NEXT EP I WILL LEARN EVRYTHING I HOPE ..

I ALLREADY PRINT ALL YR RECAP I WILL READ THEM DURING SATURDAY ....

ANYWAY YOU MADE A GREAT JOB

KALOLA ISRAEL (PRINCE BRIDE)

I also agree that they should have cast a younger actor for uija around his 30-40s ...

Sataekbi and Muwang totally look the same age as Uija.

I dont mine them using him later when Muwang and Bi died but for now its just weird.

Song Jihyo on the other hand looks like a walking corpse. She looks seriously pale and sick in the drama. Must have been filiming whole day nonstop. She looks so tired. They should let her rest.

hyomin on the other hand is alot younger than all of them. I guess the cast have large age gap.

But i'm interested in the storyline. How GB would help Uija in the end. For now he just wants to kill him for killing his dad. Its so sad that he misunderstood the situation.

Guest MisterBarca

I don't understand what the big deal is with the age issue.

In "Jumong," the actor who played Jumong was actually OLDER than the actress played his mother. Nobody said a pip, did they?

Guest shyangz

^ yeah they did... but it was forgotten as viewers got distracted by the plot... :lol: people will probably be more forgiving about uija's age when he finally ascends the throne (i.e. muwang dies) i'm half suspecting that this milestone in the plot will be reached only when musa baekdongsoo ends... but i'm crossing my fingers that it will happen sooner~~ ^^;

one thing though, is that jo jae hyun doesn't look younger despite his age, unlike song il kuk and some other older actors. i think it feels weirder not when uija is in the same scene as muwang and sataekbi, but when uija is together with kyoki, his prince brother, that really gives me the feeling of a father-son age gap...

still, the age gap doesn't bother me much since i'm most interested to see what's going to happen when uija meets gyebaek. and i was really surprised and glad to see kim yushin playing such an important role at this point of the drama. He and uija both have this 'love-hate' relationship with gyebaek, both loving gyebaek yet giving him such a hard life, both whom gyebaek hates yet gives gyebaek the strength to live on to become one of the greatest generals. It's really interesting to see how the plot develops..

Guest Astralboy28

I don't understand what the big deal is with the age issue.

In "Jumong," the actor who played Jumong was actually OLDER than the actress played his mother. Nobody said a pip, did they?

You mean Song IL Gook. B)

Ep8

Fight over

Uija running away from a ministers house, overnight with his wife. Minister (I think his name is Kimi) had his men chasing after him. Luckly he hide inside Eunko’s (I dono what u call it, the one where noble girls sit inside and 4 guys carry them).

They talk in Eunko’s house. Uija complaining about having a woman that he dislike in his arms. Eunko asked if the wedding between Kyoki and another noble/minister ‘s (Yon Mun Jin) daughter is confirmed. Uija said he confirmed it with the woman. Eunko said they must stop the wedding. Yon Mun jin is someone highly respected, he doesn’t care about social status. To cut it short, He is really good in making relationships and have lots of connections even with Tang dynasty.

So, they need to pull Yong Mun Jin to their side. Eunko told him that he must marry MunJin’s daughter. He doesn’t want to but change his mind later when Eunko mention about why they have live for so long, reminding him about how MJ and GB died.

Eunko combing Queen Bi’s hair. She said she heard about Kyoki’s wedding. Bi ask her opinion and they talk about POLITICS AGAIN.

Bi said U know that I favor u. Bi said if its possible, I wanted u to be married with Kyoki. She said she wont be worry if Eunko is Kyoki’s wife. Bi wanted to match her with Uija at 1st but Eunko rejected. Bi told Eunko to get close to Uija and spy on him.

King playing chess with Munjin. The minister whos wife was with Uija came and complain about Uija.

They went to find Uija who was playing some kind of soccer/ football game with the palace maids. King ask if what the minister said is true. Uija denied it but the minister said to ask his wife who is lock up.

Choyoung went to free the wife hiting the guards. She brings tells her to sit the ship and tells her never come back again orelse she will be dead.

King and Uija had a conversation. King ask why did he live on. Uija replied am I suppose to die. King ask if Uija knows tomorrow is his mothers memorial day. He said just look at the way u are living u think your mother would be happy and tells him not to go to her memorial.

Uija said U want to know why I’m living like this, because u don’t want to let me die. King said all this while he tried to save Uijas life.

Uija said do u know what mom told me before she died, not to believe in anyone even u.(I’m on Uija’s side anyway, the king is just to stupid to trust. Hope for him faded when he burn the scroll, I was so pissed. He totally burned MJ’s effort and cause MJ’s death and GB life to be ruin).

Uija went to Eunko’s house and pay respect to his mother.(Turns out there is her spirit tablet at eunko’s house).

Back to Silla camp. Turns out there is not enough food for the army. Slave complaining that they will die eventually either in war or starvation (the slaves are always last to eat).

Yusin ask the slaves to raise their hand if they want to eat (I think those who eat will be going for battle). He said even if they don’t eat they are going to die too. The slaves said they don’t want to make any of the choice and they want to live. They will follow GB.

Yusin approach GB, asking him to get up. GB look at him blankly and yusin kicked him. Yusin said its ok for GB to starve to death but not the entire army. He ask him to get up but GB still ignore him. Yusin took out his sword and then saw some stones in front of GB. Seems like he has plan a strategi. Yusin said it’s a good strategi and said WHO ARE U and heard GB’s stomach growling and he smile and told the soldiers to give them food.

Eunko ask Choyoung if she did her job. She had spread rumours in the city. Eunko wrote a msg and send a pigeon.

Uija received it and starts writing his proposal.

Mun jin read the letter and his son ask whats wrong. Uija wrote a marriage proposal letter to Munjin. Munjin’s son have heard of Uija being a womanizer so he thinks that Uija is teasing them. Munjin thinks its weird and ask his son if he had met Uija before. He said he never see him before and since the letter is sent by Uija himself means he did not discuss with the royal family and tells his dad to ignore him. Munjin said Uija is still a prince and tells his son to formally reject him and apologise.

Uija came and visit Munjin and wanted to drink wine with them. Munjin said the marriage between royal family and his daughter have been arrange long ago. Uija said yes, that’s me. Uija lied that he and munjin’s daughter had meet each other every day, munjin ask where did he met her. Uija said he heard of her beauty and climb up the walls to take a look at her and later we confess that we like each other. Munjin ask to bring his daughter taeyon. Uija pretended like he knows her. Taeyon insist that she doesn’t know him and it’s the 1st time she met him. Uija said someone saw them went they meet and must have spread the rumours in the city and so tell them 1st before the royal family knows about it. He ask them to check if they don’t believe.

Munjin’s son went to the streets and ask the ppl if they heard about it. He saw some children singing about them and he ask the kid where she learn the song and the kid says from her friends and everybody knows it.

Munjin actually wants to know Uijas true intentions. Uija said he love his daughter and will give her happiness and ask Munjin to agree with their marriage. Munjin ask him questions, he ask uija if he wants him or his daughter. Uija said both. Munjin said is it because of power, uija said for him to continue to live. Munjin ask if its because of the crown, Uija said if it happens one day it will be glorifying for Yon’s family too. Munjin ask if its because of revenge, Uija said if its because of that reason then take my life. Munjin said he wont be on his side.

Munjin and Uija met the King and told him about the marriage. King said Bi wont agree with it. They tell the king about the rumours. Bi, kyoki came after hearing the news. She disagree but because of the rumours they have to approve but Bi said they cant have a royal wedding ceremony. She told Munjin that the royal family cant tolerate and ask him to stay at home not to come to the palace anymore.

Bi and her dad meet. Bi ask if he still thinks Uija is lucky that’s why he is still living till today. He said because the king protects him and Mj sacrifice for him. But Mj is now dead and King has already let go, by himself he cant do anything. Bi said there must be someone helping Uija and told her father to check.

Silla camp. There is an army I think blocking them. Yusin suggest GB’s strategy. His father agrees.

They separate to teams and one of them distract baekjaes army to go after them. The other team attack the city. The city was captured and a msger went to report to the baekjae general of that city who is actually leading his army to attack Silla. After hearing the news they retreat and went back to their city. They actually wanted to attack and get back the city but heard there is another silla army coming for them so they left.

Yusin’s father is happy and praise Yusin for his strategy. Yusin said it was GB’s. That night the slaves celebrate. They have been given wine to drink. Yusin came and look for GB. He asked him to be his helper and he will officially be a silla soldier said if he have any family in baekjae he can bring them over and live in Silla. Gb spit in his face and walk away.

GB sit under tree holding the hiang necklace thinking about Eunko. Eunko thinking about GB.

King heard about the city being captured. They decided to get back the city. Kyoki suggested that he and Uija will go to battle to. Uija tried to escape but all the generals agree that it’s a good experience for them. The king agree and said the prince who help in victory will be appointed as ? (it’s a position where the person will take the kings place if he isn’t around).

Kyoki, Bi and Jukduk having a conversation. Kyoki planning to kill uija during the battle. Jukduk ask if he is still angry about Uija taking away his bride. Kyoki said he is. Bi said for a prince to die in battle is a normal thing.

Silla group moving and a messanger reports to Yusin that Beakjae has sent their army and Kyoki and Uija is joining. GB hearing Uija’s name attacks the messenger and ask is it really Uija.

Archived