[Drama 2011] Women In Our House / My Bittersweet Life 우리집 여자들

mekeo117

Guest bakane18

Well, saw tonight's episode and.........

Someone

really

and I mean REALLY needs to

WHACK SI'S DAD with a baseball bat!!!!!

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

*jumping up and down*

What in the name of CHARLIE BROWN IS GOING ON?!?!?!?! Nothing really to say about tonight's show.....but the preview for the next episode looks like Si's dad is getting what he wants. It seems that way while at the press conference. I mean, wasn't this guy in trouble with his father?!?! Well, I guess it was for personal matters but WWWWHHHAAATTTTTTHHHHEEEEEEFUUUDDDGGGEEEEE!!!!!!!!! Granddad seems like he's out of the blue when it comes  to the internal affairs of the business......please for the LOVE OF GOD, WAKE UP!!! YOU'RE OWN FRIGGIN' SON IS SCREWING YOU!!!!! *biting knuckles out of frustration* Well maybe he knows, maybe not......I'm LOST........*CRIES* Oh and btw, POOR GRANDPA!!!! HE COLLAPSED IN THE END!!!!!!!! Stupid SI'S Dad.........OMG, I wish I could climb into the computer screen and have at it with this CLOWN!!!!!!! And no open handed slaps this time for OL' Mr. Lee, OH NAAAAAAY, HE DESERVES SOME OF THE OLD FASHIONED 'I'M GONNA F*** YOU UP WITH MY FIST OF FURY LIKE I'M BRUCE MOTHER EFFIN' LEE" action!!!! *starts punching* AHHHHHH!!!!!!! This guy....THIS GUY.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also on the next episode, looks like EN is over at the Hong Household for "YUM YUM TIME" and when JM arrives..........LOLOLOLOLOLSSSSS, B*T*H, EN STOLE YOUR CHAIR AT THE DINNER TABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN YOUR FACE, ALL OVER THE PLACE, ROUND AND ROUND LOOK WHO'S THE CLOOOOWWWNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

*hands on hips LAUGHING TO INFINITY*

XD

That is all.

No

more.

I'm

DONE.

See you guys tomorrow.

*BIG FRUSTRATED SIGH*

I feel your pain bakane18 your not alone.

I went through 159 eps of Smile doughae . Now its airing on tv talk about agony lol .

I know right? We are ALL IN this together.......

But my patience is WAVERING.

LIKE A LOT.

Some times I'm like, "Why am I watching this show again?"

Ugh.

*high fives all around for moral support*

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In last night's KBS World episode, Jumi asked Sein's dad to give her his shares of stocks in the company ... now she's moving fast & crazy to make her presence felt & feared. She can push her way with the info in her hands about the incompetent CEO's hidden affairs, with her as co-conspirator. :vicx::angry:

Choi Min Sung plays Choi Joon-Young, Eun Nim's childhood friend who's almost like a brother to her.

(He played headwaiter Nemo in Pasta).

His role in the story so far (on KBSW eng subbed run) also doubly ensures that viewers with short-term memories would

1. recount mostly everything in the plot progression that happens to 'poor' EN because EN usually tells him lots. So in case you didn't get it the first time, when EN relays whatever to Joon Young, viewers would go...Ahh, so dats wats twas all about.

Secondly Joon Young plays the familiar 'must-have' male character in many morning dramas - the young chap who's hard-working but poor, upright but luckless & powerless (except when it comes to shouting at his loser dad), stout confidante and defender of the doormat female (in this case EN). In that sense he's the perfect water-mirror for anything that happens to EN.

Many korean ahjummas and halmeonis (grannies) following this drama intently would also compare & say that JY is 'the better mating choice' for EN than pretty hair boy SI - but they know JY's the stereotypical luckless male friend who'll have to settle for a ditzier female in the lower gene pool.

Thirdly JY's character also serves as 'standby' love interest cum comic relief for the remaining lower rung female characters for example Jumi's sister and her ditzy friend with the big mouth who speaks without thinking (not that she thinks a lot) and has the mind of a bunny in heat.

Daunte

Thank you so much for telling me who the actor is.

I am totally impressed with your analysis of Korean Dramas. I betcha you must have seen so many of these dramas to be able to recognize the role of JY character.

Guest bakane18

episode 102.

SI'S father is LAME.

JM's still a b!#ch.

This show is driving me nuts.

And why you ask, am I still watching?

I can't help it. I like seeing things through.

Holycrap, I'm hopeless.

*cries*

Oh, and SI's father will forever be "MR. PEANUT" from now on. Geez, does this guy have an inferiority complex or what?!?

*kicks Mr. Peanut*

That's all.

*disappears*

I'm basically watching this drama for Sera. I absolutely love that whiny nasally voice! I can't get enuff of it & can listen to it all day long. :D

In last night's KBS World episode, Jumi asked Sein's dad to give her his shares of stocks in the company ... now she's moving fast & crazy to make her presence felt & feared. She can push her way with the info in her hands about the incompetent CEO's hidden affairs, with her as co-conspirator. :vicx::angry:

Yes, I also think Jumi is the only one left who has enough 'balls' to actually carry out her plans....provided Se In's dad does what she wants.

Remember that when we first met her, Jumi was already very good at her job as Section Chief and she had quickly rose through the ranks.

The other plot devt this week is that Jumi has officially told her parents that the wedding preps have been postponed indefinitely (until the 8 (+1?) planets in the solar system next align themselves in a straight line).

What makes me chuckle is that both sets of parents seems more eager for the marriage than Jumi & Se In! This in spite of Se In's repeated announcements that he wants to mate with you-know-who but the elders never seem to listen - maybe because hearing the very name 'EN' triggers temporary hearing loss & aggravated seething anger among Se In's elders.

Before Se In was promoted to his present position, he was barely competent as a company worker. Now that he outranks his ex-friend, then ex-girlfren, then ex-fiance and present thorn-in-his-butt a.k.a Jumi, he looks even less authoritative. Every time he whips out the photoID plastic card of EN, and he looks at the woman with the silly grin, his pathetic looks serves to renind us that he STILL loves her and far from suffering withdrawal symptoms, he actually wants to take her into a room, or any confined space like a car, and ravish her and bang her in more positions than the Kama Sutra.

Problem is he was brought up as a wimpy nerd.....make that just wimpy wimp and may think the Kama Sutra is a Buddhist text and that's why he can only keep her ID photocard every time his loins warms up thinking of her.. Wuss...

Sure he now chairs the marketing dept meetings but his every new decision is always attacked by Jumi as EN-related. In Jumi's eyes, every move Se In makes is due to EN in part or in whole, and Jumi scolds him and in turn she's given a dressing down by pretty hair boy.

That's why this lovers' spat has now taken a new additional spin and makes for interesting possibilities - will Jumi kill two birdies with one angry stare, erstwhile slowly manipulating the company to her own advantage and eventually overstepping pretty boy himself, and if she succeeds, then EN will be instantly posted by Jumi to their brand new organic foods branch in Japan, a stone's throw away from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

Most likely the ever-present high doses of radioactivity might even transform EN into a new 'wonder' woman with enhanced intelligence and fries all the DNA that makes her stupid and weak.

Even as Jumi is uncovering the same facts about EN's biological mother that EN herself is finding out by herself - it's almost like two women racing to see who'll be the first to uncover 'MUM" - both Jumi & EN will then yell out the same question - you stewpit woman! Don't you know that in all korean dramas, the abandoned baby always-always finds out the truth?

Guest mflwrs66

Episode 104

Forgive people but I have to get this off my chest........YOU UNGRATEFUL GREEDY GOLD

DIGGING WHO THE F**K DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ! YOU TROLL LOOKING B*****D YOU !

HAVE YOU GONE F****N MAD ! !

YOUR FATHER JUST HAD A STROKE AND ALL YOU CAN THINK ABOUT

IS GETTING YOUR HANDS ON HIS MONEY

YOU MAKE WANT TO HURL !

Ok Im calm now lol . I just watch episode 104 I was hoping that SJ .

was going to give SI Dad that beat down he trully deserves.

Gpa may have had a stroke but , He has screws left to know who he can trust

and its not SI Dad. I was glad when he ask SJ to take him home with him

he had enough of SI Dad B***S**t.Jumi is still Being a B***h.

Juni was discharged from the hospitial .

Sein's Dad (MR. Troll) was busy having a melt down cause things are not going his way. !

I HOPE YOUR HEAD EXPLODES Sein's Mom (Mrs. Troll) Went to,

talk to Gma and GGma about EN and Sein Is she having a change of heart?

Maybe we shall see lol.She went to see Sein's Gpa

he looked at her like she was a bug on the wall lol .

Jumi came home to celebrate Juni's home coming , To find EN at the family dinner table.

THATS RIGHT B***H SHE STOLE YOUR SEAT AT THE DINNER TABLE NOW WHAT!

We shall see tomorrow lol .

Preview :

Jumi is still a B***h , She rejects her Mom and runs to Mr. slimshady.

En runs off in tears, Sein goes to En house to meet Gma and GGma. (Talk of marriage?)

YM kisses JY ( WOW IT ONLY TOOK YOU 105 EPS LOL.)

Gma run into what looks like a man her family knew in the past.

Well folks see you tommorrow .

KBSW Ep 74.

Last evening's episode gave us another example of why actress Yoon Ah Jung is currently ruling the morning TV airwaves in Korea as the NUMBER ONE villainess but more importantly as one of the best actresses who can convey an infinite range of emotions from the subtle to the sublime.

I'm referring to that scene in her bedroom with her mum when she finally tells her mum, she knows about THAT OTHER DAUGHTER. Now deep down it pains Jumi (or anyone in a similar position) to discover by accident that she was never and will never be her mum's own flesh & blood.

WAS I ONLY TAKING HER PLACE?

WAS I ONLY A REPLACEMENT? (mum remains speechless)

IS THAT WHY YOU SAID I WAS LIKE YOUR REAL DAUGHTER?

Then Jumi explodes....

EVER SINCE I FOUND OUT YOU HAD A DAUGHTER, I COULDN'T BEAR THE FACT THAT I WAS ONLY HER REPLACEMENT. THIS IS SO UNFAIR.

IT'S SO UNFAIR THAT THE LOVE YOU GAVE ME & EVERYTHING YOU DID FOR ME WERE ALL FAKE!

More than just another turning point (out of more turning points) in this drama so far, her verbal discourse here is revealing the internal turmoil within Jumi that will probably grow from strength to strength for the next 80-plus episodes - the rage she feels, the unfairness of it all that has her twisted from inside out, made worse by the fact that THAT OTHER DAUGHTER is you-know-who.

Even before & without this revelation, EN has already turned Jumi's erstwhile peaceful private and working life upside down by winning the company's spotlight (from top mgt to her own dept subordinates) and winning the heart of pretty hair boy. And now to think EN actually came out from the very womb of the ONLY woman Jumi calls MUM.

It's enough to drive any one nuts and bananas, don't you think so?

While some writers would have made a meal out of this 'revelation' scene (morning dramas have tons of such scenes), this writer did no such thing - the HARDHITTING choice of words gave much poignancy for the two actresses to convey just enough high emotive acting with Jumi finally pouring out her erstwhile frustrations & anger & letdown on a scale close to emotional breakdown...but stopping short of it.

CAN YOU HONESTLY TELL ME I DIDN'T REMIND YOU OF YOUR DAUGHTER WHEN YOU SAW ME?

CAN YOU SAY I DIDN'T REMIND YOU OF THAT DAUGHTER YOU LOST? ...at which point we see Yoon Ah Jung activating tears rolling out of only her right eye, down her right cheek, with head & face both trembling in anticipation (and controlled rage) of her mum's response which was....

YES. THAT'S HOW I FELT WHEN I FIRST SAW YOU. IT'S TRUE. BUT THAT'S NOT HOW I FEEL RIGHT NOW. THAT CHILD HAS LONG BEEN DEAD TO ME. YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE IN MY HEART. PLEASE DON'T THINK THAT....DON'T EVER THINK THAT

From here on, Yoon Ah Jung a.k.a Jumi raises the ante (& emotional quotient) by replying in rasping breaths, unblinking wide eyes and tear-stained expression - IF YOU'RE SURE I WASN'T ONLY A REPLACEMENT FOR HER, AND IF YOU THINK OF ME AS YOUR REAL DAUGHTER, THEN DON'T LOOK FOR HER.

EVEN IF SHE COMES LOOKING FOR YOU, DON'T MEET HER...(Jumi pauses briefly to solidify the next plea)...IF SHE COMES LOOKING FOR YOU, I'LL FEEL AS IF THE 25 YEARS WE HAD TOGETHER WERE FAKE. I'D FEEL LIKE I HAD MEANT NOTHING AT ALL. PROMISE ME.

Actually even though KBSW english subs were 98.8% on the mark, I remember this pivotal dialogue between Jumi-Mum because I was paying attention & listening to the Korean words being spoken. Every word.

Of course the emotional high-point of this episode was set up by the earlier conversation scene between EN & Jumi - EN just had to ask the sillier-than-stupid question to Jumi -

1. I'M SORRY BUT IS YOUR MOTHER YOUR BIRTH MOTHER? (Jumi is about to drink from her cup but had to pause in mid-air, visibly taken aback...then answers the question with another question...Vart? Vy r u asking me dat? (puts down the cup with some force) Vy should I tell you?)

EN then tells Jumi she knows for sure her biological mum is alive and her name is,,,,drum roll....the same as your mother's name.

Jumi's head and face shudders for 2.8 seconds at this breaking news, then spits back....R u trying to tell me my mom might be your mom?

And just when we thought EN would crawl back home and get scolded yet again by the old ladies for playing detective, for the end scene, EN meets up with...ta da...Jumi's sister who's now also beginning to fully piece together the identity of that SECRET daughter.

Tonight's ep promises more revelations and surprises, yeah?

Now if it weren't for the stranger-than-strange questions EN threw, one might have missed yet another beautiful yet elegantly simple ensemble worn by Jumi - shiny earrings, white frilly blouse and red skirt - she looked positively cute & feminine.

KBSW Ep 75

As in any marathon korean dramas, this writer time and again has exercised her well-honed skills of using the entire 30 minutes and basically NOT making the story move forward but instead she has this supreme human ability to slow everything down to a crawl, in super slow-mo.

You'd also notice the over-used dramatic device of making two characters meet in the middle of the street BY COINCIDENCE and this chance meeting is timed perfectly - I wish all my business appointments were as timely in the real world.

Watching EN cry while walking or walk while crying today for reasons best known to her and the scriptwriter suddenly made me realise that all the evidence that points to Hwa Geum Yeon being her biological mother is based on part hearsay and part investigation by a private investigator whose sources of information remains vague (or maybe I fell asleep and missed something).

The part hearsay came from EN's conversation with an oldish lady (4-5 eps back), a street vendor who can amazingly recall a name based on a 25-yr old photo of a woman not her family member and more amazingly she tells EN that she's the spitting image of her mum!

But the biggest PLOT BLACKHOLE to me is this - what exactly does EN want when she comes face-to-face with biological mum? By ep 75, now, she's already convinced herself that Mrs Hong (Jumi's mum) is indeed Geum Hwa Yeon and yet, to all intents and purposes, I'm still in the dark about EN's intentions (or maybe I did indeed fall asleep for one or more entire past episodes).

I do have good reason not to watch the raw episodes even though I can understand korean and I'm never the type who makes comments and posits opinions based on partial or zero understanding of what was spoken in Korean by the characters.

That's why I was puzzled as to why EN suddenly cried like an old lady who lost her iPad given to her by the late Steve Jobs and clutching her heart (broken heart?) while walking in the street when she was told her biological mother doesn't want to see her daughter from 25 years back.

Or are we supposed to be as naive and dumb like the scriptwriter and EN to expect Geum Hwa Yeon to leap 5 feet upwards, shout for joy that her abandoned baby girl finally has found the bread crumbs leading directly to her? After 25 years.

Then we might even have one episode showing the two of them - mum & reunited daughter - having a fun-filled full-day excursion at Lotte World, while Jumi, her sister and the boy look on with faces fit for a funeral.

While the old ladies and the big-eyes aunt had tried their best to prevent this 'happee' occasion from ever happening by lying to EN, apparently now nobody has any idea how to stop the reunion from happening except Jumi. It was only yesterday she made her mum promise NEVER to agree to meet her other daughter should she come a-looking.

But I also think Jumi is the only character who knows that EN is a walking human tornado - she wreaks destruction wherever she goes - and just like a real tornado, even though you can plot her future direction, there's nothing you can do to alter its course or stop it.

In short, Jumi knows it's only a matter of time b4 THAT GURL meets her mum and the only option left for Jumi is to try to postpone the inevitable as much as she humanly can.

And this is where and why the writer inserted the Hong Gin character into the story - while it's true his nosebleeding wasn't caused by nocturnal visits to adult sites on the internet, however regular nosebleeds is usually a warning sign of a serious life-threatening blood disease which can only be cured by donation of a certain body part of a family member with compatible DNA.

So without giving away too much of a future hospital scene, EN just has to stay put and wait for you-know-who to come running to her.

Technically there's really nothing even NOW to stop EN from walking right up to the Hongs' home and confront GHY - like yesterday she'd probably come up with another mind-boggling non-multiple choice question -

Excuse me, are you the same Geum Hwa Yeon who 25 years ago gave birth to a pretty baby girl in Cheongju (pointing to herself) and then suddenly you abandoned her in exactly the same manner as a drama character in a series now being aired on KBS, who is also very pretty like me? (again pointing to herself and giving her trademark lopsided silly grin).

If you'll just tell me the reason for abandoning me in 50 words or less, I'll be out of your face. Kahm-samnida!

(Gasp gasp...) 105 and no end in sight!!! Oh I am so glad for my great short holiday otherwise I won't have the energy to watch the early part of the episode.

So EN is now a daughter of the family? :) I would be peed off too if I were JM. It's not only at work that she has to see EN's face, she can't even eat in peace.

I think I am going to be unbiased and try see things from JM's point of view, after all how evil can anyone be?

Let's see we know that JM is absolutely rotten, but now what about the saintly toothy EN? She is putting her mother whom she has spent her whole life yearning for in an untenable position, making her choose between JM and her, turning the Hong family upside down. Afterall she has people who adore her. I would have a private meal of my own with Jin ( or whatever the kid's name is) and his mother without putting the mother in such a situation ( assuming that I love my long lost mum so much). The Gpa is now living with his ex-son in law..... strange... I know many people who would run away from the current in-laws much less an ex in-law... :rolleyes: gaspppp,, I don't know if I can put up with this show anymore.

After watching just the beginning. the mid part and last episode of smile Dong hae, I cannot stand even the actors in it. I skip parts of King Gwanggaeto when I see the toothy Bongi in it... shudder......

Guest mflwrs66

Hold up wait a minute.......... Umm correct me if Im wrong ,But the guy

that works with JM and Mr. slimshady and Sein's Dad , Isnt he the same guy that screwed over Donghae in Smile Donghae?.

Wow that Mr. Park really gets around :w00t: .

Hold up wait a minute.......... Umm correct me if Im wrong ,But the guy

that works with JM and Mr. slimshady and Sein's Dad , Isnt he the same guy that screwed over Donghae in Smile Donghae?.

Wow that Mr. Park really gets around :w00t: .

Isn't he EN's manager? Maybe somebody else remembers him in Smile Donghae, I mercifully forget the actors except for those who appeared aaallll the time ..the main characters. Bongi's mum plays her in law in gwanggaeto.... aiiiiyaaah.

Watched an episode of Princess man, gee SI's pop is evil again, just like in Dae Jang Geum.

Sins of THAT mother....my view is that the virus that started the cycle of hate and counter-hate in this drama is Geum Hwa Yeon a.k.a Jumi's mum. While it's true Jumi is taking all the spotlight playing the villainess, it was the secret past of Hwa Yeon who abandoned the infant EN and at the same time, lost all the family wealth (money & savings) that resulted in Grandma Kim Mal Nam and her family plus baby EN to lose their home, and were forced to live in the streets.

Exactly what happened (for those of us at KBSW ep 75 so far) only the grandma & Hwa Yeon knows but this much is clear, based on eps 30-32:

1. After Hwa Yeon's (now Mrs Hong) first husband (EN's biological dad) died, she did something that resulted in their family savings and wealth being wiped out, and so she abandoned EN with the grandma. With no money and having lost their home, grandma & her family and baby EN lived in the streets - and so we can establish EN was not breastfed, and we also know the depths of grandma's hatred when she says, I WON'T FORGIVE THAT WOMAN EVEN AFTER SHE DIES.

2. Hwa Yeon then adopted Jumi (grandma's analysis is that Jumi was a replacement for abandoned EN) just BEFORE she met & married Mr Hong (biological dad of Hong Gin & Hong Yumi).

Now for anyone who were listening to the dialogue - and not making superfluous guesses due to inablility to comprehend the plot in Korean - this sequence is important because it means that Hwa Yeon also kept the secret of her first child EN from the meek Mr Hong for a long long time, and she even told him only recently that because of little girl Jumi, she didn't see any need to have any more kids.

Yeah, right...is it because of Mr Hong's sexy charms and superlative mating skills that she dropped two babies for him?

3. In ep 32, in that pivotal conversation with Kim Jin Sook (big eyes Aunt of EN & wife of ex-CEO Cha) Hwa Yeon said:

NOT ONLY AM I NOT CURIOUS, BUT EVEN IF I KNEW WHO SHE WAS, I DON'T WANT TO SEE HER.....BECAUSE SHE REPRESENTS A PAST I DESPERATELY WANT TO ESCAPE.

In short, she's happy in her new life as "Mrs Hong" and she'll do anything to make it stay that way.

Yeah, right...look how gradually she warms up to EN from now on and especially when her Hong Gin starts leaking blood.

Hwa Yeon may have made serious mistakes in the past but as Mrs Hong,. she continues to make brand new mistakes.

Is it surprising therefore that after promising Jumi that she'll never want to see EN even if EN comes a-knocking, then when things turn upside down (all thanks to our super-imaginative scriptwriter) Hwa Yeon throws promises aside like used tissue.

Do you blame Jumi for hating her own mother (betrayal by a family member is the worst kind of betrayal according to k-drama law) even when she knows she's NOT of her flesh & blood?

The walking human tornado EN had gradually taken away many things Jumi held dearly - remember EN even slept in Jumi's bedroom dead drunk and because of EN's carelessness in marking the shelves safety, one fell on Jumi which resulted in Jumi spending a few days in hospital with all her makeup still intact.

Up till ep 75, due in part or in whole to EN, Jumi has lost more than some credibility at her workplace, lost SI, may lose her mum's choice as 1st daughter, and who knows, may lose her mind (but will miraculously recover it in time hopefully).

Actress Yoon Ah Jung is certainly reprising much of her acting skiils from her previous drama - the evilicious facial expressions, the lowered sideways half-sneer & half-snarl, quivering lips in anger, etc.And just like in her previous drama, she does all these dressed in immaculate attire with beautiful accessories and hair perfectly coiffured.

Compared to the meek and ineffectual male species in this drama, except for the chimpanzee-faced dad of SI, most of the women in this drama are pulling the strings and cables. Jumi has enough mojo to do whatever she wants to whoever she wants, whether at home or at the workplace.

When her 'dad' scolds her for scolding Hwa Yeon, she tells the dad, "SHE'S THE ONE WHO SHOULD LEAVE THIS HOUSE'.

She has enough blackmail evidence to keep chimpanzee-face temporarily off-guarded - due to his low intellect, he needs lots of time to hatch a counter-attack unless his fat wife stumbles upon a brilliant idea from a TV drama - while also ensuring that SI doesn't sack her or send her to market their bestselling Citron Rice in Somalia.

But it may be the growing rift and dramatic tension between Jumi & Hwa Yeon with some crying by EN that will determine the final destination for these 3 women.

For me, it would have been more fun to have another evil female to take on Jumi but instead we're given wimpy doormat EN or maybe we shouldn't be too harsh on a baby girl who didn't enjoy the benefits of breastmilk.

Certainly I expect Jumi to escalate matters by turning and twisting anything that could reset everything back to Day One, and most definitely it's not whether she wins or loses but at what cost and how the few others will be affected when the music and the cameras stop.

KBSW Ep76.....absolutely hilarious one this one.

The episode started with a near-ASthmatic attack and ended with an AStounding chance-discovery.

OK...EN didn't have the guts (are we surprised?) to tell Hwa Yeon who she was but suddenly she started sucking air repeatedly almost like having an impending richard simmons-ma (asthma if you prefer) attack, and suddenly crying in front of Hwa Yeon and then out of the blue, she had to ask another mind-boggling question DON"T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?...and Hwa Yeon's stoic answer: Eunnim....

After that short Q&A session, we had chimpanzee-face CEO bringing in an M&A guy (mergers & acquisitions) disguised as a consultant but I think he's actually a basketball player moonlighting as a consultant - the dude was towering T A LL.

When SI's dad stood up to shake his hand, his face reached only the guy's nipples-chest level while Jumi, due to her daily brand new high heels, reached the base of his neck.

Even SI & ex-CEO (a while later) had to look upwards to talk to this consultant. Couldn't the casting director find anyone of 'normal' height instead of bringing in this guy with ALTITUDE who now makes everyone at that workplace look like midgets. Ahh...or maybe we are being reminded metaphorically that the company employees are small-minded & short-sighted and this consultant with ALTITUDE & ATTITUDE will 'over-see' them above and over their shoulders.

For once chimpanzee face CEO may have found the right tool to dig & poke at his rivals.

Then naturally our writer felt it was timely to insert yet another typical k-drama dramatic device - that of a korean senior citizen passing out in the middle of the street upon receiving vexing news. Although ,Kim Mal Nam fainted (what else would you expect her to do? Jump for joy and do the happy dance?) upon hearing that Eunnim had gone to 'confront' Hwa Yeon, in reality the 'unseen' doctor apparently had told them the following ailments that caused the fainting:

1. Doctor said she was very weak & dehydrated

2. Doctor also said she had problems with her body from head to toe {Note: I didn't make this up...it was relayed by the 2nd granny Choi Jung Ok).

3, Doctor said her blood pressure & sugar level are all terrible {Note: Again I didn't make this up...it was spoken by Jin Suk).

Then came the best medical diagnosis ever written for a k-drama - it was what the 2nd granny said after EN left the room - I KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO BE SICK BECAUSE YOU WERE TOO WORRIED ABOUT EUNNIM TO EVEN EAT.

Wow...who needs trained & expensive doctors when you have a medical expert here with the power to predict when you will fall sick and the cause.

So we'd better not blame EN for Mal Nam's poor health which is from head to toe because it's not humanly possible (I think) for even EN to cause multiple health problems from head to toe. If anyone should take some or partial responsibility, it should be Jin Suk - after all she's a trained private nurse.

Then the episode ended with Hwa Yeon catching sight of EN calling JinSook 'Auntie" and then her eyeballs rapidly increased in size as her brain told her, Look ma, that's your long lost abandoned baby whom your adopted Jumi hates more than anything walking on two legs.

So it took a mere 76 episodes for the past to catch up with Hwa Yeon. Man, If I were Hwa Yeon, I'd better be careful every time I step out of the house because within a minute or two every time she goes out, it seems that the VERY people whom she doesn't like and doesn't want to see, keep appearing and standing in front of her or miraculously she'll see those VERY SAME people crossing the road in front of her.

She must be living in a very small, make that tiny, neighborhood that is also shared by those people from her past.

So don't let all these k-drama tricks make you go bananas or else you won't make it to the last episode.

Archived