[Drama 2011] Women In Our House / My Bittersweet Life 우리집 여자들

mekeo117

.......... and because of your commendation, I've promised myself to purchase Sunny because I don't understand the hype surrounding Sora while watching her acting as Yunmi in this drama, so thank you)

Hi titiiskandar...I hope you do pick up Sunny when it becomes available in your country not because of Kang Sora but because this movie about female friendships takes you back to the 1970s in Korea when songs like Boney M 'Sunny' was playing the airwaves.

Kang Sora is just one character in a MAIN stellar cast of 7 young high schooling females (the 70s gang) and 6 adult females (from the same 7 who has become adult women) - so you can expect roly poly fun as you relive your own times in the 70s because the movie swtiches back & forth between present day & the 70s.

It's a females-centered story without any distracting romantic subplots and the story will make you laugh, reminisce about your own friends made in school in your young & innocent days and most of all remind ourselves what lasting friendship is, of lost opportunities & second chances, and most of all the movie plays on the basic human value to love and support your true friends through thick & thin, come what may....and by the movie's end, you will have wet eyes.

Its director Kang Hyung-Chul won BEST NEW DIRECTOR (2009 Blue Dragon Film Awards & 2009 (29th) Critics Choice Awards) for his maiden film Speed Scandal/Scandal Makers and most recently he was named BEST DIRECTOR for SUNNY at the 2011 Daejong Film Awards.

You can get more info on the cast, the synopsis and the film's remarkable box office run here http://asianmediawiki.com/Sunny_%282011-South_Korean_Movie%29

Scroll down & you'll get an eng-subbed trailer (which for some reason doesn't have the Boney M song) and just below that, you can click & watch the original 2 Korean trailers (with Boney M's song SUNNY) plus cast interviews (in Korean).

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you sure series will end on Nov 4th? According to d-addicts wiki, series will end on Dec 23rd with 160 episodes. What's truth? :sweatingbullets:

I was checking KBSWorld's prog schedule for something else but noticed that the e-subbed episode that aired yesterday was Ep 85 and their last episode will air on 16 December 2011. That makes it 8 weeks, ie 40 more episodes.

So, I guess in Korea it should be ending at 125 episodes.

Next series will be "Just You" (from 7 Nov 2011) but KBS World (Asia/Europe) has titled it as "My One and Only" (from 19 December 2011).

[click on the links for the Synopsis etc]

What's a family k-drama without a wedding, right? It's one of those must haves for a happy ending.

Indeed weddings and k-dramas go hand in hand (pun intended).

This post also represents my finale posting in this thread...no more replies too.

Here's one Alternate Wedding Ending version

It's NOT ACTUALLY a spoiler alert but I've used the spoiler tag so as to give you a choice whether you want to have some ridiculous fun or not. Read on at your own risk.

WARNING: 100% strictly imaginary so not to be taken 'too' seriously:

Scene location - Typical wedding hall filled with guests in sponsored clothing and workers from Green Love on standby to shower organic brown rice on the couple.

Camera 1: SeIn with exact same hairstyle as in ep 1 stands waiting, checking his curly bangs in his hand-held mirror and looking as nervous as a condemned prisoner about to be beheaded by a one-eyed executioner holding a very rusty sword....

....while EN is seated demurely in an all-white dressing room wearing a sponsored bare-shoulder all-white wedding gown, exposing her wide meaty shoulders and wearing ruby-encased pearl necklace to match her sparkling white teeth and enhancing her pink gums. On cue, EN gives her trademark silly grin which quickly becomes a smile, thereby exposing her healthy pink gums, and telling us she's happier than Kate Middleton.

Camera 2: Bridesmaids Sera & YunMi are dressed in typical Sera-ish fashion - body-hugging lacy white tops with big frilly collars and ridiculously short skirts with pleats and matching ginormous HUGE ribbons on their heads & rainbow-colored leggings. As they get into position, uncle GyuYeong who's sitting along the aisle will be constantly making googoo eyes at Sera, and showing her the heart symbol with his cheesy hands.

Subnote 1: Jumi will be notably absent and unconfirmed rumors say she's either studying for a masters degree in Anger Management somewhere in America (where else) or that she has been promoted as Green Love's Regional Manager at their new overseas branch in Tripoli, Libya - her office building is right next to the only authentic Korean restaurant in the entire North African region, owned and managed by the M&A consultant Jiseop who's decided to go into the F&B business after all. Mayhe he has the hots for Jumi but Tripoli is surely hot in more ways than one - it's a hot place and it's hot news.

Back to the wedding hall....

Camera 3: Mr Hong (who else) will be the father who gives away EN and he starts leading the still-grinning-like-silly bride down to where her new room-mate (for life) is waiting. Hong Gin will be flower boy dropping the sweet-smelling petals in front of the bride.

Meanwhile Hwa Yeon is seen crying buckets sitting next to the 2 grannies and all 3 women quietly decided to have a contest as to who will soak up the most tissues by the time the ceremony ends - women who cry together stay together.

Camera 4: Just then. YunMi who's walking behind EN starts stealing furtive glances at Mr Choi JinYoung, who's sitting in his rented Hugo Boss suit while Sera continues in vain to ignore uncle GY's lame eye and hand signals.

But as she sees YunMi beginning to eye-flirt with JY, Sera too goes on the offensive, blowing kisses and acting cuter than most pre-schoolers by pouting her lips and making mating sounds like a seal at JY.

In an effort to hide his embarrassment and ignore the unwanted attention, JY then whips out and wears his designer shades which he recently bought on eBay called the Horatio Caine CSI MIami collection. Unfortunately by so doing he looked even more suave and debonair with his lady-killer dark glasses which instantly conceals his tiny eyes but enhances his sculpted cheeks and masculine jawline - a sight that immediately generates collective sighs, ooohs & aaahs, and gasps of admiration from evey female in the hall aged 8 to 89, and from one 23-year old girlish male stylist who did EN's makeover for the day. - the aaah sound came from him.

And then just before the I DO vows could be completed, Hong Gin again leaks blood and drops like a sack of Korean potatoes.

SeIn immediately drops his rented Armani jacket, picks up Gin in one graceful swoop and then piggybacks him all the way to the wedding hall foyer, where suddenly a Ferrari drives up and screeches to a halt. Its gleaming red door swings open and out leaps the driver, chimp face Yong Ho, also wearing designer shades from the Horatio Caine collection, a present from his new 26-year old Korean wife, who was a former cabin attendant.

Subnote 2: Yong Ho had finally decided to end In Ae's threat by signing the divorce papers given to him by her - Grandpa throws her out of the house and In-Ae was last seen selling bibimbap near the KBS drama annex building.

As daughter-in-law to Yong Ho, EN is nearly same age as her 'new' mother-in-law (YongHo's ex-cabin attendant wife) and both father & son are already betting who will be the first to put a bun in the oven.

So we can expect lots of nocturnal bedroom activities in Grandpa's household and the pitter-patter of tiny feet in about 9-10 months' time.

Back to the wedding hall driveway and the Ferrari:

Actually chimp face with dark glasses was running late for the wedding having just arrived back in Korea from his honeymoon in Tahiti. The second-hand Ferrari was passed down to chimp face as a wedding present from his new father-in-law who is the same age as him.

The unconscious Hong Gin is strapped to the passenger seat and exactly 33 seconds later, the Ferrari drops him off at the hospital which is located only 1.5 km down the road from the wedding hall.

TRANSITION SCENE TO HOSPITAL LOBBY:

The Hongs & the Lees and all those guests from the wedding collectively start shouting Hong Gin's name LOUDLY as he's wheeled to the emergency ward. (don't ask me how they got there faster than the Ferrari because this is a k-drama but there's a possibility - drama filming sets can be transformed within seconds by replacing the backdrops and furniture and other props)

A while later a one-armed doctor with one earring on his right ear comes out and tells them the earth-shattering news - Hong Gin's body is rejecting whatever it was he received from Eun Nim. The reason for this is that somehow out of the blue, the bloodwork and DNA compatibility tests done on Hong Gin, EN & his entire family members got mixed up like in a lottery draw and therefore the DNA compatibility results were all messed up beyond recognition.

Subnote 3: What the one-armed gay doctor couldn't tell them was that this mixup occurred on the same day CSI Miami's Horatio Caine visited the hospital as a guest speaker to deliver his anthology of his famous one-liners - thereafter 80% of the female nurses and approximately 3 male nurses, were so enraptured by Caine's uber-sexiness, monotonic robotic voice and his trademark sunglasses that none of them could function properly for the rest of that day. Hence the test results fiasco.

TRANSITION SCENE TO GIN LYING IN Intensive Care Unit:

The attending physician, a very muscular 1.8m tall female doctor with blue hair, tells the Hongs more findings of tsunami proportions - his blood disease was NEVER life-threatening in the first place - but somehow whatever he received from EN actually dissolved both his kidneys and the poor boy now needs a kidney transplant.

Luckily after sorting out the results mess-up in the lab with technical help from the CSI MIami team, who happened to be vacationing in Seoul and was staying in the hotel just 6 blocks away from the hospital - there is a family member whose kidney & DNA compatibility matches Gin's perfectly - Hong Jumi. Are they sure?

The blue haired female doctor then explains: the samples were airflown to Miami and utilising the latest data analysis equipment at the CSI MIami HQ, and after doing cross-checks and counter-checks, and using loads of medical jargon to confuse the viewers, the scientific team at CSI Miami is sure beyond any human doubt that Jumi must sell one of her kidneys in order to save Gin.

(Cue Arabic music) Camera then switches over to Jumi in Tripoli and zooms in on her conducting a meeting in Tripoli with her Libyan organic food suppliers. Even in modest Islamic attire (complete with head scarf), Jumi looks immaculate and she even speaks in korean-accented Arabic.

Narrator's voiceover: But does workaholic Jumi have the time to fly back to Seoul and undergo the kidney removal surgery?

Or will she have her revenge against her father who didn't stop his Hwa Yeon from accepting EN as her daughter and all the time merely stood by and did nothing to help his own daughter, even though he knew she was suffering inside?

Will she exert her strongest revenge against Hwa Yeon who said she'll always love ONLY Jumi and never consider EN as hers but in the end HY broke her word, shattered Jumi's heart to pieces and betrayed the baby girl who had given her so much love and joy for 25 years?

Cue end theme by Girls' Day: Honey Honey Come Come Come

Thank you for reading. Good health to you all!

From the screencaps of episode 116, is it that the Lee company has finally merged or even wose, taken over by a bigger more financially stable company ... the result of  the horrible management style of Yonho with the maneuvering of Jumi for her plan to destroy Sein and hurt Eunnim.

From the screencaps of episode 116, is it that the Lee company has finally merged or even wose, taken over by a bigger more financially stable company ... the result of  the horrible management style of Yonho with the maneuvering of Jumi for her plan to destroy Sein and hurt Eunnim.

Oh no! I was hoping Gpa had something or at least someONE up his sleeve to prevent this from happening. Ugh!

I wonder if Jumi and the father will pay for their misdeeds. I hope so. 

Who knows maybe they'll get in a car accident and have to donate parts to each other in order to survive.ph34r.gif

Oh no! I was hoping Gpa had something or at least someONE up his sleeve to prevent this from happening. Ugh!

I wonder if Jumi and the father will pay for their misdeeds. I hope so. 

Who knows maybe they'll get in a car accident and have to donate parts to each other in order to survive.*quoted image*

I'm speculating gerryg. It seems though that the company is in deep trouble. 

I missed tonite's KBS World episode sssooo I have to catch the 3:20 AM replay. Seems like what will be covered tonite is the shocking  news about Jin's life-threatening illness. Neither of two sisters is a match ... Eunnim miraculously is the only one who can save Jin ... and willingly be the bone marrow donor. That's easy to predict.

Guest mflwrs66

EP 117

Well Well what is it they say when one wants to save ones a** ? OH YEAH LETS THROW EACH OTHER UNDER THE BUS!.

Sein is in Jumi's office they are both bickering about Green Love and him and EN.

Jumi is looking smug at the moment, She thinks she has everything well in hand, But

that feeling did last long. (more on that later).

Sein's Dad (Or Mr. Troll as I call him lol) Is in the office Throwing his Son under the bus

LIKE THE COWARD HE IS! to this guy ( I forget his name , He played in Smile Donghae as Mr. Park).

Sein runs into Mr. Slim Shaddy in the hall (that must be the only hall way in that building lol).

They have words it seems as though Sein has enough of Jumi's B******t and wants out.

Mrs. Troll is on the Phone with Jumi's Mom throwing Jumi under the bus. Umm......

FROM WHAT I REMEMBER YOU AND YOUR GOOD FOR NOTHING, GREEDY.

(dont forget ugly lol.) HUSBAND STARTED THIS B*****t , YOU HAVE NO ONE TO

BLAME BUT YOURSELVES!.

Poor Sera cant seem to get over the fact that JY and YM like each other,

Just when she starts to give it some thought, Who calls? Jumi's uncle lol.

She ignores the phone call. Sein is at his desk writing his letter of resign

ation it looks like, When Mr. Park comes running down the hall. Looks like

s**t has once again hit fan, The Company is in deep trouble , And the

board members are on Sein's Dads Doorstep. Sein runs in to save face,

But the board members are not impressed.

Jumi is outside the office listening shes shaking in her boots.

SJ informs Gpa about the dire situation of the company. He

is in shock, He almost has another stroke , He ask to see

Sein. Sein is back his Dads office, Mr.Troll is scrathing his

little brain( like he really has anything up stairs up lol.)

thinking how hes going get himself out of this mess hes

in(I HOPE YOU GO DOWN IN FLAMES!). Sein

gets a phone call from his uncle about Gpa.

Jumi and Mr. slim shaddy were in a cafe, He was

telling her about the grim situation at the company

, Jumi is quaking in her boots probably because

her head will be one of the first to roll. Sein's Mom

talks to Jumi's Mom , The whole conversation was

EN/SEIN/JUMI .

JY and YM are at the store, YM comes in the office

tired from working. She reaches into the fridge for a

drink, She drops it JY tries to pick the bottle up

but nicks his finger. YM pulls out the first aid kit,

Ym is fixing his boo boo, Hes acting like such a

big baby lol. He looks at YM and tries to lean in

for a kiss , But her Dad walks in. Sein and SJ talk about

the Situation of the company and what its going to

take to clean up the mess.

Jumi comes home, Her parents come to talk to

her Sein and what his Mom told her shes very unhappy.

EN's Gma is worried about EN , She tries to reassure

her that everything will be ok. Back at the company

Sein's Dad and the board members are trying to

get to the bottom of the company chaos, thats when

Mr. Troll throws Jumi under the bus. Jumi is next

door with a horrified look on her face. EN is back at

the store .When her co worker comes running over

to tell her the news about Jumi. Jumi's Mom is at

home thinking about what Jumi said. Jumi comes

into work the next day to everyone giving her the gas face,

Everyone is talking about her. She over hears Mr. Park

talking to the other employees. Shes in Shock she tries

leave , Only to turn and see her Mom. MOMMY

CANT GET YOU OUT OF THIS MESS!.

That is one strange company. They not only hire/do business with the Hong family, staff romance women of the Hong family but the Hong mother also drops in whenever she likes? :w00t::lol:

Thank you mflwrs66. I thought I had to watch the show to find out what was happening. So are EN and SI officially engaged now? Really, how can they drag the story to 117 episodes without resolving anything...that is some sort of genius.

Anyway keep it up, I am not sure if I can take EN's inane smile and sighs anymore, so definitely is relying on this thread.

I'm barely at ep 83. Pretty hilarious that after Sera's amorous advances got nixed by Joon Young, she was all heartbroken & was getting consoled by Jumi's samchun, who has apparently fallen for her. Damn, had no idea that samchun Kyu Young was straight! :blink: I thought he was gay from the jump...ya know the whole male hair dresser thing & the fact he's like a 40 yr old single guy still living with his brother's family. More power to him tho' & I hope they hook up. B)

I'm barely at ep 83. Pretty hilarious that after Sera's amorous advances got nixed by Joon Young, she was all heartbroken & was getting consoled by Jumi's samchun, who has apparently fallen for her. Damn, had no idea that samchun Kyu Young was straight!  :blink:  I thought he was gay from the jump...ya know the whole male hair dresser thing & the fact he's like a 40 yr old single guy still living with his brother's family. More power to him tho' & I hope they hook up.  B)

LMBO laugh.gif

I know he's trying to pull of the Metro sexual male look but those glasses and that hair styles puts him into the effeminate granny look! I bet he and EN's GM got a few outfits they can exchange with each other.cool.gif

Now Jumi will take all the blame. She will be the sacrificial lamb knowing the kind of person Yonho is, a coward and brainless who runs away from responsibilty when asked to answer for flops on his decisions ... his fingers will point to one person, Jumi.

Am I seeing a ghost in one of the screencaps of episode 119 ... Eunnim giving money to Hwayeung for Jumi's medical expenses I suppose ...previous to that we see her bringing out cash from a money envelope. No wonder Sein is head over heels in love with EN. She's an angel, complete with halo & wings. :wub:

Am I seeing a ghost in one of the screencaps of episode 119 ... Eunnim giving money to Hwayeung for Jumi's medical expenses I suppose ...previous to that we see her bringing out cash from a money envelope. No wonder Sein is head over heels in love with EN. She's an angel, complete with halo & wings. :wub:

JM is in hospital? What`s wrong with her? I am seeing scenes of a smiling JM on the phone. No no no this is going to be another smile Donghae! !!! w00t.gifw00t.gif it`s all lovey dovey? I really want evil deeds be repaid times over.

soon EN is going to call JM unnie?

JM is in hospital? What`s wrong with her? I am seeing scenes of a smiling JM on the phone. No no no this is going to be another smile Donghae! !!! w00t.gifw00t.gif it`s all lovey dovey? I really want evil deeds be repaid times over.

soon EN is going to call JM unnie?

I think it was earlier mentioned Eun-nim and Jumi are the same age.

Archived