[Drama 2011] Warrior Baek Dong Soo 무사 백동수

Guest reiz1430278104

Guest zelphietileternity

PS. Am I the only one who thought that Woon was planning his own death by dissembling the Heuksa Chorong? I thought he had reasoned that the only way to dissolve the Heuksa Chorong was for him to get the king to turn against him then issue a law to completely break down the Heuksa Chorong and kill the sky lord. I was a bit surprised when Woon went around trying to redeem himself.

pps. Dear writers of Baek Dong Soo, if you ever magically stumble across this. Call me, I had some amazing ideas that would have made this drama Sageuk gold. I was also being generous rating this a 2/5. For me, Reason wins over feeling, because for my constant perving over Yoo Seung ho, I would have bumped it to a three but I came to watch a drama with an engaging plot, not look at the hotties in it.

I totally agree with you about Woon planning his own death. I still think ally of the stuff he did and said in ep 29 is reminiscent of people planning a suicide such as giving stuff away etc.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Boy2Good

YW had to die... there was no other way around it.

I think when the MAIN PLOT went way from the Northern Expedition plan is when things started going south. Here is what they should have done:

-After Crown Prince Sado's death, YW should of joined with Chun and not stick around to help with the ginseng business.

-The character Ji-Seon. Different actress, different personality.

-They could of have made this drama epic by having a number of sides at war...DS's crew, Lord Hong's crew, Sky Lord's crew, and Kenzo's crew. Everyone had their own thoughts on attacking China... I never understood the ginseng deal... the main plot should of been the Northern Expedition with YW and DS's relationship driving it.

But the real question to all. Who was the stronger swordsman? Baek Dong Soo or Yeo Woon?

Hmm, I don't think we'll ever know. In the only (post-training) fight between them, YW was obviously leaving himself open on purpose and had no intention of actually beating DS, so you can't really judge by that alone. I like to think they were perfectly matched!

Also, clearly I missed something (my attention did tend to waver during scenes which didn't contain epic swordfights and/or homoerotic tension) because I only just noticed that DS got a new name towards the end. What was that all about??

In other news, the soundtrack now apparently evokes some sort of Pavlovian response in me, because as soon as the music starts up I'm reduced to a blubbering mess! It's very inconvenient!

And I'll just add my voice to those hoping for a YW/DS repeat of last year's SKKS bromance making it to the awards. Not only does it totally deserve the recognition but, even if it's only ever officially acknowledged as platonic, getting any sort of "alternative" relationship up there with the hetero mainstream is a step in the right direction (I'm still annoyed that the actual gay couple from Life Is Beautiful got completely left out).

I just finished the drama. I would've done a different ending, since I like happy endings. I wished Yeo Un would've finally reunite with his old friends like the good old days but instead he had to die. It just annoyed me that his minions decided to disobey his orders and screwed up his plans to redeem himself. He just couldn't obtain lasting happiness. And how did Ji Seon shift from her inclination toward Yeo Un to liking Dong Su? It would've been great for Yeo Un and Ji Seon to become a couple, and Dong Su and JIn Ju to end up together. That just makes more sense to me since that was the childhood pairing. Anyway, I enjoyed the drama but would've changed it for a more positive ending.

Guest princekyuhaesica

i hate baek  dong sooooooo and yang cho rippppppppppppp....reallly hateeeeeeeeeeeeee themm...why my yeo un musttttttt die....stupid friend....a veyyyyyyyyy good close friend can't never let his friend die no matter what...i hateeee the ending....this drama should called assasin yeo un.....cuz it s yeo un who save everyone in danger specially the nun while baek dong soo doing is nothingggggggggg i guess......and its not him who killed the prince sado, its the former sky lord..lolllllllllllllllllll.....hate the endingggggg...stupid writerrrrrrr.....poor yeo un, all he want is live far far far away and happily..thas all.......i hateeeee it........and i hope yeo un will be together with the nun, but ....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....hate it.....

Guest ghettoe

It would have been great if they stuck with the nothern expedition part. I think initially that's what made this drama interesting. They should have done the time skip and this time the prince should have already been on the throne and carrying on what his father had tried to do.

Then Hong Dae Ju should have been trying to stop this expedition. That should have been the main plot with a few sub plots in between. For instance, Woon should never have left the crew yet. He should be part of the crew when they're planning the Nothern expedition but secretly he is a spy and assassin.  (An actual assassin, not the wishy washy character he was)

Then the climax should be when Woon is on a mission to kill someone important (Let's say Cho rip) and he's fighting him and manages to kill him but Cho rip wounds him. Then Baek Dong Soo runs around looking for both of them and at the end of this episode he finds Woon trying to repare the wound. Then tune in for the next episode.

Also, they should have gotten rid of the emotionless woman and Jin Ju should have been the love interest. Her character should be the same. Strong, fierce and a capable fighter, but to make the story different, she should have been trying to save Woon (the_assassin) while Dong Soo has an unrequited love for her. There should still be some bromance between these two but not enough to thrust Jin Joo in the shadows.

The end should be Dong Soo killing Woon because realistically every K-drama follows the path of the hero winning. The reason being the only way to stop the nothern expedition is to kill the prince and put someone else on the throne (a revolution in other words). Woon's mission is to kill the prince but Dong Soo finds out and stops him. He kills him but mourns his death dearly. However, prior to this Jin Joo tries to reason with Dong Soo to not kill woon because she loves him. She tries to stop Dong Soo by epicly fighting him but fails. She then ends up meeting Dong Soo after Woon has died and he gives her Woon's sword to which she breaks down and cries. End of the second last episode.

The last episode should be a couple of months pass and everything's all Merry. Jin Ju harbors no bad feelings as she realises that it is something he had to do and the two share a drink and talk about Woon and all that jazz.

Oh gosh, in the next life. May I be a famous Korean script writer granted the advantage to work on this story.

Forget your next life. Just prepare the script and then in a couple of years, go to Korea and have a remake of this show for all of our sakes. Because you are doing a much better job than you know who. I wouldn't mind watching a remake of this drama if it was done by you.

They should have just followed the manhwa.

Anyways, I totally forgot about the Special. I came home from school on Tuesday and was like, " I'm forgetting something. Oh yea, Dong Soo's Special today. " Went and download it, skipped through it and stopped at the scenes that went wrong. Like, little Dong Soo getting hit in the head from that falling log and when Min Soo fell off the horse. I was cringing because it was pretty bad.

All in all. I give this drama a 3 out of 5. One, being for the nice soundtrack. Two, for the great first half of the show. Three, for the veterans of the show.

Just finished watching the last epi. Was hoping the ginseng lady would leave with Woon and try to help him adjust to a swordless life.

Always been a trooper of DS/JJ. I'm sorry writers, but the actors demonstrated more chemistry than any scenes with you know who.

When will there be a remake? :D

I'm so sad tears.gif I loved the YW/DS bromance/relationship but then he just died... I wanted him to come home but yeah....

Really disappointed on how DS thought YW was the one who hurt CR - The 3 guys dropped their swords and DS didn't notice that maybe they did it :( YW taking the blame :( :( 

The pairings! Ahhh I'd rather JJ be single for awhile with her awesome ninja skills. Cyborg lady mad.gif

I also hoped the writers could have DS answer JJ proposal or atleast mentioned it or something,  it seems like the characters just forgot about it. 

But I enjoyed most of this show, basically all the actors andactresses played their characters beautifully wub.gifwub.gif  but the writers shouldn't of led us on with stuff that wasn't even going to happen haha tears.gif lack of chemistry between cyborg lady and dong soo :(, I wonder if the writers noticed what the viewers though on the couples chemistry

I am happy for Sa Mo !

tumblr_lswoq4iBEB1qjha3lo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lt31qsVFAI1qjha3lo1_500.jpg

Glad you guys are still around for a bit longer, while I slowly collect my thoughts...

In the meantime, I can't decide which of these will be my next screensaver. Decisions... decisions... tears.giftears.giftears.gif

4e858297.jpg

b01a4643.jpg

SWNG Not Ready To Give Back Her Shiny Blue Palace Robes Just Yet Lord out!! :ph34r:

Guest anaapenas

Glad you guys are still around for a bit longer, while I slowly collect my thoughts...

In the meantime, I can't decide which of these will be my next screensaver.  Decisions... decisions...  tears.giftears.giftears.gif  

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

SWNG Not Ready To Give Back Her Shiny Blue Palace Robes Just Yet Lord out!!   :ph34r:

Awww :wub: the second pic *sighs* I can't get over these two.

Guest ghettoe

Just you wait. In a couple of years time I'll travel to Korea and request a remake or a spin off. But the remake won't include Yoo Seung Ho and Ji Chang Wook because they'll be older.

cry.jpg

In the meantime, I can't decide which of these will be my next screensaver.  Decisions... decisions...  tears.giftears.giftears.gif  

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

SWNG Not Ready To Give Back Her Shiny Blue Palace Robes Just Yet Lord out!!   :ph34r:

That's okay Cherkell, my slightly wrinkled cool black Ninja outfit makes a nice bathrobe now.w00t.gif

SWNG Lord of the Wondering what Drama to watch next, out ph34r.gif

Guest zelphietileternity

Also, clearly I missed something (my attention did tend to waver during scenes which didn't contain epic swordfights and/or homoerotic tension) because I only just noticed that DS got a new name towards the end. What was that all about??

Young-Sook (what they were all calling DS) is actually one of the MANY nicknames given to him. Kind of like how GT was called Kum-San (SS). Notice how they never called DS SS even though technically he was now the considered the "best" swordsman of Joseon (I honestly think YW was the better swordsman, as noted by Kenzo, but he never had the heart to use those skills and as he believed in the whole "destiny" thing, believed that DS NEEDED to be the best swordsman).

i hate baek  dong sooooooo and yang cho rippppppppppppp....reallly hateeeeeeeeeeeeee themm...why my yeo un musttttttt die....stupid friend....a veyyyyyyyyy good close friend can't never let his friend die no matter what...i hateeee the ending....this drama should called assasin yeo un.....cuz it s yeo un who save everyone in danger specially the nun while baek dong soo doing is nothingggggggggg i guess......and its not him who killed the prince sado, its the former sky lord..lolllllllllllllllllll.....hate the endingggggg...stupid writerrrrrrr.....poor yeo un, all he want is live far far far away and happily..thas all.......i hateeeee it........and i hope yeo un will be together with the nun, but ....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....hate it.....

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU. I hated the ending. The writer should see to it that the viewer always wish to have a happy ending as a reward in watching all the way to 29 episodes. What a waste of time.

Guest anononi

One week almost past ... But I seem to stay at the same point  :tears:

Even secret garden had a happy ending and believe me it had all and every good reason to have a sad ending ! ( of course i'm glad it ended well :wub: )

But WBDS was different since the beginning !

They bragged about CHANGING DESTINY and all stuff  ... but euuuuuuh ... EXCUSE ME there was NOT ANY changing destiny moment other than the ONLY moment where the cyborg lady got her  tattoo removed !

and YW saved all those pseudo-warriors and that stupid prince more than 10 times ... Why the hell they killed him?:angry:

writer-nim  don't give me the assassins-won't-stop-while-their-leader-is-alive thing !! It has no sense ..

They all almost agreed to quit their assassin life and the only reason those 3 went to kill CR was to protect their boss ! they didn't know abt the prince forgiving YW 

If only they took some time to clear all those crappy misunderstandings, we would have a great ending !!

The thing  i'm revolted about is YW DIED IN A CRAPPY WAY WITH A MILLIONS OF MISUNDERSTANDINGS as a bad guy :(

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate this !!! Oh nooo How am I going to recover from this withdrawal syndrome ??! :tears:

Archived