[Drama 2011] Gwanggaeto, The Great Conqueror 광개토태왕

Guest asadal

Guest taranom.sarang

Yesterday Episode which was aired in Korea was Ep19, In this episode, finally Do Young (Oh Ji Eun) as Goguryeo prime minister, Gae Yeon Soo's daughter and Damdeok love interest appeared.

I also watch this drama from KBS World to fully understand the storyline,.

As you said,Felicia Soh, yesterday episode was great. In Happy Together, they said that Do Young, Sul Ji even his aunt (I think ) Yak Yeon are his love interests.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've stopped watching this drama, partly because my laptop was spoilt and I needed to send it for service, but mainly because I really don't understand what is going on, other than the fighting.  Now, with withs2 subbing it, I can enjoy this drama again.  Will watch from ep 1 again when I am free.

Thanks to Semi-fly, just downloaded ep 19 because I want to watch Oh Jieun.  Can someone please explain her part with Damdeok and his brother during the drinking session?  She seems to know who they are.  It seems that the crown prince, Damdeok's elder brother is smiiten by her beauty.  Being the prime minister's daughter, how can Do Young go drinking without any bodyguard to protect her?  She is a lady afterall.  If she grew up with Damdeok, how could he not recognise her until she mentioned her name?

Nevertheless, can't wait for Damdeok and Do Young's love relationship to begin.  But then, Damdeok has a fiancee (Do Young's elder sister or cousin?) who will later break up with him, right?  Besides, he will have love interests with Sul Ji and Yak Yeon too, thus he can't probably fall in love with Do Young at first sight.

Alicechen, thanks for sharing the Happy Together link with us.  I really enjoy it.  Everyone is so funny in there.  They are so comfortable with each other which help since they are in the same drama and need chemistry among them.  But  I'm surprise that Oh JIeun shared her embarrassing moment - the bra wire, with everyone.  Her mother was upset when a waiter commented that Jieun's acting was over the top in Smile, Dong Hae.  Overacting, really?  I like her anyway.

Lee Tae Gon is so different from the dramas he acted in.  He can be so jovial in person.  The girls seems closed.  Hope they become best friends since they are of the same age, all born in 1981.

From the variety show, I'm also surprise that Go Oun will later become king and an enemy against Damdeok.  Like Sul Ji, who is torn between her brother and her love for Damdeok, Do Young will also be torn between her brother and her love for Damdeok.  Wonder which lady Damdeok truly loves in the end?

I'll be watching Lee Tae Gon's Assorted Gem soon.  Wonder if it's nice.

Looking forward to tonight's episode since Jieun has finally appeared after 18 episodes.

Guest JoyceTeo

Not that keen for love scenes,will  watch romantic  kdramas if i wish for love scenes.So far i love this drama,this drama is the BEST  in comparison with other historical dramas currently aired.This drama remind me of Dae Joyoung(which i love very much).I personally dislike complicated love relationship such as he love her but she love another,etc,it alright if it for Romantic drama but i hope this historical drama focus more on Damdeok and his soldiers and brothers.

I hope this drama will continue to have more war/fighting scenes,i'm interested to see more conflict between later Yan and Damdeok,how Damdeok going to fight back the later Yan and rise to be the King.I'm also very interested with the dilemma between him and his Mohe "friend" which he met in the slave camp.After all Dam deok save him in the slave camp and they will like brothers but sadly force to become enemies because of their countries.

Guest Zombie

I too like the intensity and the brotherhood it is showing so far, will be good if it maintain the steady pace.

Hope the storyline will not be messed up with the unnecessary romantic storyline but focused more on the warring events to unfold.

The previous King Baekja story was very disappointing with the offcourse love story of the king and the women he loved which was so irrelevant to the actual historical event.

Hope this drama don't make the same mistake.

Wonder any kind soul can provide a prelude to each episode , that will be nice.

Yesterday Episode which was aired in Korea was Ep19, In this episode, finally Do Young (Oh Ji Eun) as Goguryeo prime minister, Gae Yeon Soo's daughter and Damdeok love interest appeared.

I also watch this drama from KBS World to fully understand the storyline,.

As you said,Felicia Soh, yesterday episode was great. In Happy Together, they said that Do Young, Sul Ji even his aunt (I think ) Yak Yeon are his love interests.

Thanks for the reply taranom.sarang – I’ll be looking forward to that episode, Oh Ji-eun must have ample time to prepare for her role. When Yakyeon appeared on screen, I was wondering how her role will connect with Damdeok and after watching few episodes I finally understand their relationship. Though her expression was mostly like “concerned” over Damdeok’s wellbeing, it seems her feelings could be more than that but I just couldn’t put a finger on the exact emotions she projected. Since they are related, I am sure there’s a huge barrier between them or most likely is more like a one-sided love ie. from Yakyeon’s side.

Nevertheless, can't wait for Damdeok and Do Young's love relationship to begin.  But then, Damdeok has a fiancee (Do Young's elder sister or cousin?) who will later break up with him, right?  Besides, he will have love interests with Sul Ji and Yak Yeon too, thus he can't probably fall in love with Do Young at first sight.

Alicechen, thanks for sharing the Happy Together link with us.  I really enjoy it.  Everyone is so funny in there.  They are so comfortable with each other which help since they are in the same drama and need chemistry among them.  But  I'm surprise that Oh JIeun shared her embarrassing moment - the bra wire, with everyone.  Her mother was upset when a waiter commented that Jieun's acting was over the top in Smile, Dong Hae.  Overacting, really?  I like her anyway.

Lee Tae Gon is so different from the dramas he acted in.  He can be so jovial in person.  The girls seems closed.  Hope they become best friends since they are of the same age, all born in 1981.

From the variety show, I'm also surprise that Go Oun will later become king and an enemy against Damdeok.  Like Sul Ji, who is torn between her brother and her love for Damdeok, Do Young will also be torn between her brother and her love for Damdeok.  Wonder which lady Damdeok truly loves in the end?

I'll be watching Lee Tae Gon's Assorted Gem soon.  Wonder if it's nice.

Looking forward to tonight's episode since Jieun has finally appeared after 18 episodes.

Enjoy reading your post, bonds and sorry to cut your post – I haven’t got a chance to watch the HT variety show but will do it later. I think at the beginning of the drama, “Three Brothers”, Oh Ji-eun was a bit over-the-top in her acting but I don’t see that in her role as Bongi in Smile, Dong-hae.

I miss most of yesterday's episode - manage to watch the beginning, say 10 mins. :tears:

I understand the concern of the "overdevelopment-of-love-plot" in this war epic drama. I doubt this drama will emphasize on the love story - probably a sub-sub-plot as to tone-down all the fighting scenes. :P Just my opinion. ;)

Guest JoyceTeo

The Most touching scene from KBSWorld last night that makes me cried was when Damdeok

release the Mohe tribe as well as his friend from the slave camp.It make my heart flutter when Damdeok mention that he release them and want to embrace them as their people by winning their hearts.

That what i call a great scene!!!!

Please don't show me plot like(speculations) Damdeok love Oh Jieun ,she also love him but can't be together with him because prime minster dislike him as well as those plots like crown prince also love Oh jieun and so is Damdeok ,Damdeok in the end hide his feelings,keep quiet but later still admit and brothers end up  fighting each other because of a woman,etc,etc.Please,PLEASE scriptwriter don't SPOIL this Great show.

Guest TurKore

Gwanggaeto the Great | 2011 | Mp4 | HANrel | Soft-Sub | 198 Mb

kinggwanggaeto.jpg

Mediafire Folder : http://www.mediafire.com/?b2ld96k8hq470

Fileserve Folder : http://www.fileserve.com/list/6ADu74Q

Hotfile Folder : http://hotfile.com/list/1839181/6b69ca1

Is KBS using their subs or vice-versa?. I noticed that they are basically the same, like its the same person subbing both.

KBS (World) has it's own official sub-team so I don't think they are using withs2 subs or vice-versa. As far as I know, withs2 has up to episode 6 and KBSWorld is only up to episodes 4-5 (which should be airing this weekend). Plus, they're supposed to be basically the same. There are only so many ways you can translate their dialogues and such, it'd be weird if the subs were totally different because then nobody would know what's going on anymore. So, they can't be completely identical nor completely different. They are the same, but their not. Also, there are a LOT of typos and stuff in the KBSWorld subs. Withs2 is a lot more thorough with their work. And it shows XD [don't worry, i notice the similarities sometimes too when i'm watching various dramas on KBSWorld]

Guest farhah1986

What is exactly Prince Dammang wanna do?Did he try to protect Damdeok by sacrifying himself or he want to kill Damdeok?From latest episode it seems that Dammang may die soon and he seems know that many people want Damdeok die.Did he finally acknowledge Damdeok to become the next king or what?Hopefully someone can tell me what is exactly happen in latest episode,

Archived