[Drama 2011] Gwanggaeto, The Great Conqueror 광개토태왕

Guest asadal

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NothingbutTruth101

I wonder how Quenn Seon Duk fits into the time line.

I wish someone did a time line of all the big name Sageuk's

Like QSD was first, then Jumong, then Geunchogo........ the rise of the DJG, Domg Yi and Yi San years were way later, if I am correct.

Queen Seon deok fits much much later after Geunchogo. She is of Silla and her event happens early to mid 600s AD...

Guest Sela_07

I wish someone did a time line of all the big name Sageuk's

Like QSD was first, then Jumong, then Geunchogo........ the rise of the DJG, Domg Yi and Yi San years were way later, if I am correct.

Putting your list in order.

Korea: 3 Kingdom Era:

Jumong (1st king of Goguryeo)

King Geunchogo (13th King of Baekje)

Queen Seondeok (27th ruler of Shilla).

Joseon Dynasty:

Dae Jang Geum

Dong Yi

Yi San.

Guest taranom.sarang

From what I understand till Ep 9, after just watching the series without understanding the any of his words, Prince Damdeok uses his fist more than his brain, I hope in the upcoming episodes he will use his brain more, that leads him to become a wise emperor. :sweatingbullets:

Guest Sela_07

Now Kbs World Episode 1 English Hardsubbing begin.

Sigh..2 more eps of Geunchogo to go here before I can watch the 1st eps of Gwanggaeto in English. I Guess I shouldnt complain because its better late than nothing.

Guest Greenrose934

Now Kbs World Episode 1 English Hardsubbing begin.

Thanks , If you can see anywhere they have this drama with sub please tell us

many thanks

Guest JoyceTeo

KBS World is quite fast actually this time compare to other dramas

Korean have finish 10 esps while KBSworld already finish til esp 02

Guest b00kw0rm

From what I understand till Ep 9, after just watching the series without understanding the any of his words, Prince Damdeok uses his fist more than his brain, I hope in the upcoming episodes he will use his brain more, that leads him to become a wise emperor. :sweatingbullets:

Er..actually that is not so. He is more reflective than the others, even exp. statesmen. A little bit on the reckless side but more brains and less apt to make snap judgements like the other leaders.

July 6, 2011

Actors Engage in Real Fighting for 'Gwanggaeto, The Great Conqueror'

Writer: KBS Media Jin Yeong-ju Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi

KBS1's latest historical drama “Gwanggaeto, The Great Conqueror” has been the talk of the town due to its realistic fighting scenes.

On the July 3 episode, Damdeok (Lee Tae-gon), who is sold as a slave, engages in a life-or-death fight with chief slave Yeo Seok-gae (Bang Hyung-joo). The fighting is supposed to end when one of them is dead.

1030_2732_l.jpg

To make the scenes look as real as possible, the two actors agreed to actually attack and counterattack. Hong Sang-seok, the show’s martial arts director, also suggested not planning out the scenes but doing the action in practice.

A staffer at the shooting site said that it was so real that there was significant tension and excitement never felt at any other time.

Meanwhile, Damdeok and other slaves manage to escape, only to be captured by a group of slave hunters who have chased them for reward money just before arriving at Goguryeo.

“Gwanggaeto, The Great Conqueror,” which airs on Saturdays and Sundays at 9:40 on KBS1, is enjoying increasing popularity with its dynamic plot line and spectacular action scenes.

Guest farhah1986

Er..actually that is not so.  He is more reflective than the others, even exp. statesmen.  A little bit on the reckless side but more brains and less apt to make snap judgements like the other leaders.

Because of his young age he's a bit reckless so thats why he's usually using his fist .After all he ascend the throne at a young age,if i'm not mistaken around 17 or 18 years old.but watching from the first episode,he's actually smart, good instinct and and a fine strategist.he knows exactly the trick behind enemy action and know how to make a counterattack.

Guest Sela_07

withs2 The King Geunchogo Subbing End. Now Gwanggaeto the great to begin.

Woot awesome. /does a happy dance.

Guest taranom.sarang

what a great news! :w00t:

Believe me or not, I can't wait till Saturday :unsure: I already miss Damdeok! :sweatingbullets:

Archived