Help Desk :D (SM Entertainment Auditions)

_RaiN_

Guest triswag50

So, I have a question... There was a girl from Australia who put up a youtube vid of her email audition saying she got in and stuff and that her friend was an sm trainee who 

recommended her to the company. And basically, since she lived too far , they paid for her flight for a personal audition...? But I thought that they didn't pay for your flight 

unless they really wanted you in the company or until you signed their contract...(Please note that the girl was average and only put up half the audition of her where she 

greeted herself and that's it) Later on the video was deleted as well as the account user. Did they pay for her flight because she was recommended by a friend? Or is there 

still a possibility that they would pay for you if you were really good, but unable to make it as well? 

I read they will pay for you if they like you enough.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I have a question... There was a girl from Australia who put up a youtube vid of her email audition saying she got in and stuff and that her friend was an sm trainee who 

recommended her to the company. And basically, since she lived too far , they paid for her flight for a personal audition...? But I thought that they didn't pay for your flight 

unless they really wanted you in the company or until you signed their contract...(Please note that the girl was average and only put up half the audition of her where she 

greeted herself and that's it) Later on the video was deleted as well as the account user. Did they pay for her flight because she was recommended by a friend? Or is there 

still a possibility that they would pay for you if you were really good, but unable to make it as well? 

They wouldn't pay for your flight and I know this because I've asked them from e-mail and they've replied. 

Guest nite.95

I just confused because one of my friend got accepted and my another friend didn't get any reply at all. I want to ask another question. But i already a college student (because i'm school in international school so after secondary i can continue to college). I want to join the global audition but i don't have money to go to america because i have economy crisis in my family. So because of that i decided to send my video by email. 

And there gonna be 3 audition rounds, isn't it?? I can speak korean but not too well. So is it better that i sent my video to SM in USA?? I really want to join this audition. I can singing, dancing, acting and i was once help my friend to be a model (because he is a photographer) but actually i'm not tall then i don't know my friend told me that i'm a funny girl. I can speak english(can be say average), korean(basic), chinese(basic), japanese (basic). 

I am quite short actually, is it ok?? But i'm still 16 years old. And i don't feel that I am beautiful. http://www.facebook....78273688&type=3 (This is my picture. And i on the right side)

Thank you

Guest Lydiara

Ooh, can I have the link? ^^

Hi i also auditioned via email because i live no where near the global auditions. I sent my email on the 24th march to the sm usa email and on the 26th march i sent another to the sm korean email. Still no reply whatsoever...however i received an unknown call on my handphone but i can't call back. The caller id is just the word unknown but they left me no voice message so i assumed it wasn't SM lol.Please let me know if they reply to your email.. i will also keep you updated  on mine=D

Totally! I'll be sure to. I'm Lydia, by the way. :) Who are you doll? ^^

I want to audition for SM online. What do I have to include in the email? 

If you want to audition through e-mail you should add information which is necessary such as:

1.) Age

2.)Birthday

3.) Field of profession (what you do best)

4.) etc.

and you should include a photo of yourself which isn't edited in any way, it's best if you don't wear any makeup as they want to see your natural face. 

Guest Lydiara

Just to ask again: ^^

1) Since I should include how long I have been playing viola, why I chose SM, etc., I put it in my e-mail message instead of my video. Should I give an introduction in my video, or is the e-mail introduction okay?

1A) I included some of my experience. I know it said "any additional information" for the e-mail requirement, but will it get to tedious for them to read this, or would it be helpful and give them a better sense of who I am?

2) I included a bit about the languages I speak in the e-mail. I kept it pretty detailed but brief. I wanted to know, should I take this out since I am not completely fluent?

2A) Could I have the definition of "conversational" in a language? Is it things like; "hello", "goodbye" &  "thanks"? I'm sorry if that is a bad question, but I wanted to be sure of what this meant.

3) A newer thought that crossed my mind; I've acted in the past, but not recently. I'm pretty good at reading aloud, memorization and expression in poetry. I think I would like to try acting for the audition, but I don't know what sort of monologue to prepare. Do you have any outlines? How do I keep it from looking corny and crappy?

Thank you so so so so so much :)

Just to ask again: ^^

1) Since I should include how long I have been playing viola, why I  chose SM, etc., I put it in my e-mail message instead of my video.  Should I give an introduction in my video, or is the e-mail introduction  okay?

1A) I included some of my experience. I know it said "any additional  information" for the e-mail requirement, but will it get to tedious for  them to read this, or would it be helpful and give them a better sense  of who I am?

2) I included a bit about the languages I speak in the e-mail. I kept it  pretty detailed but brief. I wanted to know, should I take this out  since I am not completely fluent?

2A) Could I have the definition of "conversational" in a language? Is it  things like; "hello", "goodbye" &  "thanks"? I'm sorry if that is a  bad question, but I wanted to be sure of what this meant.

3) A newer thought that crossed my mind; I've acted in the past, but not  recently. I'm pretty good at reading aloud, memorization and expression  in poetry. I think I would like to try acting for the audition, but I  don't know what sort of monologue to prepare. Do you have any outlines? How do I keep it from looking corny and crappy?

Thank you so so so so so much :)

1.) Giving an introduction in e-mail is fine, they're going to read it either way, and keep the video engaging and short, because if it's too long, they'll only skim through it. 

1a.) They'll have to read it no matter what, because it's their job to pick out the future K-Pop stars, so therefore, they'll read every detail present within your e-mail (:

2.) If you're not fluent, you should also state that you're not fluent in the language, but you understand it. 

2a.) Conversational is basically what you stated, but to put it into a more brief description, it's being able to understand the basics and the foundations. So you're not completely clueless about what they're saying and you can make out parts of speech. 

3.) You can pick any monologue you want, but as always, keep it brief and engaging, you shouldn't be embarrassed about your monologue, as long as it's powerful and engaging, it's good. 

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask (:

_RaiN_

Guest nite.95

I want to ask question. I'm already a college student (because i'm school in international school so after secondary i can continue to college). I want to join the global audition but i don't have money to go to america because i have economy crisis in my family. So because of that i decided to send my video by email. 

And there gonna be 3 audition rounds, isn't it?? I can speak korean but not too well. So is it better that i sent my video to SM in USA?? I really want to join this audition. I can singing, dancing, acting and i was once help my friend to be a model (because he is a photographer) but actually i'm not tall then i don't know my friend told me that i'm a funny girl. I can speak english(can be say average), korean(basic), chinese(basic), japanese (basic). 

I am quite short actually, is it ok?? But i'm still 16 years old. And i don't feel that I am beautiful. http://www.facebook....78273688&type=3 (This is my picture. And i on the right side)

Thank you

Guest Lydiara

Thanks so much _RaiN_! I really appreciate it! I want to fake cry, but I don't want it to be corny ^^' Haha~ You are always so helpful :)

Guest nite.95

I want to ask question. I'm already a college student (because i'm  school in international school  so after secondary i can continue to  college). I want to join the  global audition but i don't have money to  go to america because i have  economy crisis in my family. So because of  that i decided to send my  video by email. 

And there  gonna be 3 audition rounds, isn't it?? I can speak korean but  not too  well. So is it better that i sent my video to SM in USA?? I  really want  to join this audition. I can singing, dancing, acting and i  was once  help my friend to be a model (because he is a photographer)  but actually  i'm not tall then i don't know my friend told me that i'm a  funny girl.  I can speak english(can be say average), korean(basic),  chinese(basic),  japanese (basic). 

And i am 16 years old and i born in year 1995. And i from indonesia. But my korea friend told me that korea's age has 2 year differennces means if i am 16 years old in here then in there is 18 year old. Are they gonna accept me or not??

Please reply me ASAP. Thank You

I want to ask question. I'm already a college student (because i'm  school in international school  so after secondary i can continue to  college). I want to join the  global audition but i don't have money to  go to america because i have  economy crisis in my family. So because of  that i decided to send my  video by email. 

And there  gonna be 3 audition rounds, isn't it?? I can speak korean but  not too  well. So is it better that i sent my video to SM in USA?? I  really want  to join this audition. I can singing, dancing, acting and i  was once  help my friend to be a model (because he is a photographer)  but actually  i'm not tall then i don't know my friend told me that i'm a  funny girl.  I can speak english(can be say average), korean(basic),  chinese(basic),  japanese (basic). 

I am quite short actually, is it ok?? But i'm still 16 years old. And i don't feel that I am beautiful. 

(This is my picture. And i on the right side)

And i am 16 years old and i born in year 1995. And i from indonesia. But my korea friend told me that korea's age has 2 year differennces means if i am 16 years old in here then in there is 18 year old. Are they gonna accept me or not??

Please reply me ASAP. Thank You

I'm so sorry for the late reply! I hope I can assist you with your question!

Audition rounds can vary all depending on the situation that's present within the auditioning time. It's definitely better to send your video to the SM Entertainment company in the US as you're more fluent in English so communication will be made easier. If you want to join the audition, don't hesitate, auditioning is for experience, personally, I wouldn't care if I didn't make it in, at least I get experience and I'm able to help others who're striving for this dream and deeming to make it a reality. Since you're talented in the language fields, that's a bonus for you. 

The link you posted didn't work, but judging from the given information, I believe you have the looks that they're probably expecting to see. Being short is a problem, but if you take Sunny from SNSD as an example, she's short but she has to wear heels that're really high so she can look taller. They'll still accept you if you're 18, but remember this, if there's someone with equal talents than you, and they're younger, SM Entertainment will pick them instead of you because of their age and how they can receive more years in training, etc. 

I'm so sorry for not being able to reply. 

[i've removed the link for personal safety, etc.]

_RaiN_

Thanks so much _RaiN_! I really appreciate it! I want to fake cry, but I don't want it to be corny ^^' Haha~ You are always so helpful :)

No problems, if you have any other queries, feel free to post them here and I'll try my absolute best to reply. 

_RaiN_

thank you so much rain. Sorry for the link, that's my picture and I'm on the right side

[i've removed the image from this reply for personal safety, etc.]

I see! Well I still stand by my past statement, you probably have what they're looking for.

_RaiN_

Guest x_asianaddict

When emailing them or post mailing to sm at their LA base, how long does it take them to reply back to you to give you an audition date?

When emailing them or post mailing to sm at their LA base, how long does it take them to reply back to you to give you an audition date?

I've emailed them my audition tape before, and all I ever got was an automated reply. Many people have said that all they've received is an automated reply, but some people have actually received and actual reply from SM Entertainment about the audition dates, so they say you can have a wait for about a week all the way to one month, and you'll be lucky to receive a reply because it's REALLY rare. 

_RaiN_

Guest x_asianaddict

I've emailed them my audition tape before, and all I ever got was an automated reply. Many people have said that all they've received is an automated reply, but some people have actually received and actual reply from SM Entertainment about the audition dates, so they say you can have a wait for about a week all the way to one month, and you'll be lucky to receive a reply because it's REALLY rare. 

_RaiN_

Thank you :) what does the automated reply email say? I sent in my post mail and email last week so I've been waiting for a reply.

Thank you :) what does the automated reply email say? I sent in my post mail and email last week so I've been waiting for a reply.

If my memory serves my right, the automated reply says something along the lines of: Thank you for auditioning and we will get back to you with the audition dates after assessing your files. [don't quote me on that] 

_RaiN_

Guest x_asianaddict

If my memory serves my right, the automated reply says something along the lines of: Thank you for auditioning and we will get back to you with the audition dates after assessing your files. [don't quote me on that] 

_RaiN_

I hope they get back to me soon :')

Archived