Help Desk :D (SM Entertainment Auditions)

_RaiN_

Guest Aikurah

Hello Rain...

I know I've already asked a ton of questions/random stuff on this thread.

But just wanted to say that I auditioned a while ago and I'm now on my third callback. Just wanted to thank you...I wouldn't have as much confidence and knowledge as I did when I went over the summer (they were pretty quick in my situation, apparently after just about three weeks they told me to come again and then after a month they told me to audition again when I wanted to). 

Well, first off, most of your answers were either skewed or not updated. I went and it...it changed. It was more "you-are-welcome-here" atmosphere. I guess that they just change it as they want to.

Yerp, that was just all I wanted to really add. sweatingbullets.gif

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Rain...

I know I've already asked a ton of questions/random stuff on this thread.

But just wanted to say that I auditioned a while ago and I'm now on my third callback. Just wanted to thank you...I wouldn't have as much confidence and knowledge as I did when I went over the summer (they were pretty quick in my situation, apparently after just about three weeks they told me to come again and then after a month they told me to audition again when I wanted to). 

Well, first off, most of your answers were either skewed or not updated. I went and it...it changed. It was more "you-are-welcome-here" atmosphere. I guess that they just change it as they want to.

Yerp, that was just all I wanted to really add. *quoted image*

First of all, I'd like to say, congratulations on your third callback and, feel free to update of the information as you please, as you've now got personal experience with the auditions itself. I'm glad I helped out. If you turn out to be the next Hallyu Star, I congratulate you, and I'll be waiting for your albums every now and then! 

Congratulations, and I believe you wont need anymore answers from me, as I'm now an expired dictionary and you're the new technology :P I guess, it's times like this, when I'm probably going to ask for enlightenment from you :)

Auditions do change, so never get caught off guard by anything, as the smallest thing, could put you off.  Good luck in your next auditions.

Your old dictionary,

_RaiN_

Guest 9hellokitty

Third call back means third round or second round?? She's/He's amazing.. OMG! I too can't wait for your albums! Happy auditioning good luck!!

Guest Aikurah

Third call back means third round or second round?? She's/He's amazing.. OMG! I too can't wait for your albums! Happy auditioning good luck!!

I believe that callbacks are just to make sure you're the actual material. They can probably make a tenth callback for all I know if they aren't sure with you. 

I'm a "she". Haha. And Thank You!

And to Rain, I'm a lazy person; so I don't think I'll be running around helping people with their questions. I believe the most important thing is to show off your charisma, because according to the judges, I only passed the first audition because I wasn't fiddling like mad or shaking my voice when I sang. Smiling evily also works.

Apparently my dancing saved me on my second callback, and they want to check more of my dancing and maybe rapping over the Winter Break.

Again, I hope that you have the chance to audition and Good Luck to you too!

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

^ Their is no set rounds of call-backs. My best guy friend got called back about 5 times and he still got rejected by SM.

Guest toshiobr

Hi Rain, I have some questions...

1) Im bi-racial, my father is Japanese, and my mother is Brazilian ( caucasian ), its a problem for them ?

2) I can only speak portuguese, and english ( not so good ), Its a big problem dont speak Korean ?

3) I think my look is pretty good, im 1,87 ( height ) and 72kg ( weight ), I can dance well, but Im not so good singing, what do you think about It ?

4) Im too old for auditioning? Im 19 years old.

5) What categorie I choose, modeling and dancing ? before I said, Im not so good at singing.

6) You think I have a chance if I go to LA Audition in march 2012 ? cause Its not cheap a travel Brazil ~ USA.

some pics of me:

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/8770/28615921447916526962010.jpg

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7374/31704924271764577910510.jpg

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/3279/brnh.jpg

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7053/brn2.jpg

Thanks for reading this, waiting for your ask, and sorry for my poor english.

xD

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

1) Im bi-racial, my father is Japanese, and my mother is Brazilian ( caucasian ), its a problem for them ?

2) I can only speak portuguese, and english ( not so good ), Its a big problem dont speak Korean ?

3) I think my look is pretty good, im 1,87 ( height ) and 72kg ( weight ), I can dance well, but Im not so good singing, what do you think about It ?

5) What categorie I choose, modeling and dancing ? before I said, Im not so good at singing.

6) You think I have a chance if I go to LA Audition in march 2012 ? cause Its not cheap a travel Brazil ~ USA.

some pics of me:

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/8770/28615921447916526962010.jpg

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7374/31704924271764577910510.jpg

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/3279/brnh.jpg

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7053/brn2.jpg

xD

^ Hi Toshiobr ^_^

If it's okay can I take a jab at your questions too?

1. After looking at your pics I think you are very good-looking but you do look mixed. That's a bit of a double-edged sword their because SM Entertainment first and foremost tries to to market most of their idols in Korea first after all. Good News is that SM will really put you into consideration because of your good looks but bad news is they might be a little apprehensive to pick you because you are bi-racially mixed.

2. Since SM Entertainment is a huge company I don't think it's a big problem that you can't speak Korean. Amber from F(x) can't speak Korean but she has been learning progressively since her debut. So don't be discouraged just because of the language barrier.

3. Like I said in #1 you definitely do have the looks, but I gotta warn you don't depend too much on looks. Since you are a better dancer than a singer then that'll definitely help you in the auditioning process.

4. My friend auditioned and became a trainee at 23 years old. She told me as long as you look younger for your age then it isn't really an issue for SM.

5. Try both...But I have to warn you, if they are interested in you they will ask you to sing.

6. I'd say just go for it. If you somehow can't afford coming down to LA, then at least audition through their Youtube Audition Channel.

*So good luck man! I'm rooting for you ! :D

xD

Hi Toshiobr! 

[i've removed the pictures for safety and personal reasons]

That's a really interesting mix of race, and I think it's really cool, I don't think it's a problem as you're part Asian.You're really good looking judging from your pick, so your looks will definitely benefit you during your audition. 

It's not a problem at all if you can't speak Korean, you can always learn once you're a trainee, so don't be bugged by this.

Your looks are really good, and you're actually really tall, which is another benefit, your weight is also fine. We're kinda similar here, I can dance well but when it comes to singing, I'm not that experienced :P I think you have a good chance as you have lots of benefits.

You're not too old, you actually look a lot younger than 19 years old. You can still audition, some people even audition a lot older than you and it's still possible for them to become trainees. 

You should choose dancing and modeling as you've previously mentioned that you're more experienced in dancing then singing, also your looks will also be beneficial if you chose modeling  So I recommend you dance and model for your audition. As MyNameIs_Luka mentioned, if they're interested in you, they'll ask you to sing.

Even if you don't have a chance, you shouldn't give up and you can always audition through their Youtube channel!

Hope I've answered your questions, and your English is understandable so it's fine :D

Guest toshiobr

Thanks MyNameIs_Luka and Rain, I am very grateful of you two have answered me, I decided that I will improve my dancing and my body, and I'll travel with my brother to Los Angeles in 2012 to try to be chosen at the audition! 

Thanks MyNameIs_Luka and Rain, I am very grateful of you two have answered me, I decided that I will improve my dancing and my body, and I'll travel with my brother to Los Angeles in 2012 to try to be chosen at the audition! 

No problems! I wish you nothing but the best! 

Guest Jessica95

hi! I live in kansas and i wanna audition for SM in L.A this march 2012..  the problem is, I'm still new to US (LOL i just moved here) and i really would do anything to fly to LA. So i would like to know, is there anyone here who's gonna go to the LA audition? or maybe from kansas so we could go together? cause my family is back in my home country and i moved to US for studies :) I'm 16 and chinese btw :D 

Thank You!

Guest toshiobr

Jessica95, Im going to LA audition with my brother too, we could go together, Im 19 and he's 21, but we dont know anything about US, we even dont speak english fluently! so we will need your help! :~

Guest Jessica95

Jessica95, Im going to LA audition with my brother too, we could go together, Im 19 and he's 21, but we dont know anything about US, we even dont speak english fluently! so we will need your help! :~

oh okay yay sure! Let's meet up at the audition? Though i really need someone from Kansas to tag along with me because it will be my first time to L.A and i don't wanna get lost and miss the audition lol that would suck ;A; is it gonna be your first time to L.A too? where are you from btw? 

Guest toshiobr

oh okay yay sure! Let's meet up at the audition? Though i really need someone from Kansas to tag along with me because it will be my first time to L.A and i don't wanna get lost and miss the audition lol that would suck ;A; is it gonna be your first time to L.A too? where are you from btw? 

Yeah, first time in US tbh, Im from Brazil, but Im asian/caucasian mixed, hope you can help me there, If u find a good hotel, tell me, and we could go together to the audition :))~

Guest Jessica95

Yeah, first time in US tbh, Im from Brazil, but Im asian/caucasian mixed, hope you can help me there, If u find a good hotel, tell me, and we could go together to the audition :))~

aw that's so cool! sure sure i would tell you if i found one :) hope you can help me too! let's help each other lol 8') 화이팅! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jooocelyne

Toshiobr and Jessica95

Jessica your 16?! :0 your my age :) but you look 18 on your profile picture.

I just wanted to say to you guys that it's not that hard to locate the S.M. Weekly Audition building. It's about 20-30 minutes away from my house :)

I can probably help you go there if you want :D I want to audition also but i still need to train more and im hopefully ill start auditioning next year as well.

I'll show you pictures of the building soon too. :)

Guest jooocelyne

Hello Rain :D

Questions:

do they only choose one person at the end for global or weekly audition?

Should every round be different? For example, if I'm doing sing should i sing a different song for each round or call back and the same for danceing? I know they'll get bored if I did the same song or dance over and over again but how can I choose the next song or dance for the next round so they can accept me? Sorry kinda confusing >.>...

You said when we're trainees that we compete against other hundred trainees? I though the maximum trainees are usually 40? about 20 girls and 20 guys? or even less... I dont think there are hundreds of trainees o.o..?

What kind of contract do they have? I heard there were 3 kinds?

Will they decide/make you debut solo or put you in a group? Or can you decide?

If you dont pass the first time auditioning can you train more and then audition again?

Guest Jessica95

Toshiobr and Jessica95

Jessica your 16?! :0 your my age :) but you look 18 on your profile picture.

I just wanted to say to you guys that it's not that hard to locate the S.M. Weekly Audition building. It's about 20-30 minutes away from my house :)

I can probably help you go there if you want :D I want to audition also but i still need to train more and im hopefully ill start auditioning next year as well.

I'll show you pictures of the building soon too. :)

Yes I'm 16 haha :D really?! well that's my first time hearing it, i think i look older in pics than in real life.. lol w00t.gif

aw you're so lucky! I need to travel 3hrs on plane to L.A lol are you gonna be at SM global audition? It would be cool to know someone my age auditioning :3

Guest 9hellokitty

I think I'm auditioning in L.A! I need to confirm with my parents.. The bad thing is... the time differences and everything.. Its too complicated. Can I meet with you guys if it happens that I'm auditioning in L.A? @Jessica95, Toshiobr. I'm 11 but by the time its auditioning time I'll be 12. Oh, and what you auditioning for? I'm auditioning for singing. I'm trying Back to December :)

Archived