Help Desk :D (SM Entertainment Auditions)

_RaiN_

Guest LeahHeartsDBSK

@AnthonyKkoKko: You my friend, are a genius! :DD That would be awesome! But then wouldn't that mean that there's a chance of the group being a mixed genders? 

_RaiN_

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest iPhets

@_RaiN_ : Thats an awesome idea! With so many groups oversaturating the market at the moment, I sure damn hope SM is thinking of something more unique than just debuting another girl or guy group to set them apart from the rest. They already have SJ and SNSD after all. 
A mixed gender group or even a band would be pretty awesome. More chance to make into the US too. (And if I do get picked I rather learn a new instrument than dance...LOL)

@AnthonyKkoKko: Yeah, it wouldn't be like SM to make a Co-ed group, and yes, you can call me rain (: (I'm a guy by the way)
@iPhets: Yeah it would be, SM training a co-ed group would be very surprising for me, because they've never debuted a co-ed group before, it would definitely attract a lot of attention which is what I think they're after anyway. I can already imagine what's going to happen during variety shows, the group would be asked questions like, "How do you manage to shower?" or, "Do you share rooms? ;D" Something along those lines.
I really can't wait for the Youth Star auditions in Australia though, I'm really pumped for it (:

_RaiN_

Guest cin2197

Ok, im like freaking out. The youth star audition in california is this sunday but i'm not going to be in cali until the week after. Are the weekly auditions gonna be closed?!?! Cause if they are, then i can't audition TT_TT

Guest cin2197

@cin2197

I'm pretty sure the weekly auditions office is still going to be open.Try visiting the week after anyways, even if it's closed, at least you have no regrets! ><

Good luck!

Guest LeahHeartsDBSK

Ok, im like freaking out. The youth star audition in california is this sunday but i'm not going to be in cali until the week after. Are the weekly auditions gonna be closed?!?! Cause if they are, then i can't audition TT_TT

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yoochunluv

how many songs should i prepare??i'm korean but i live in canada currently, so i can sing both korean and english fluently. i'm probably singing an english song, but i've heard that the judges might ask you to sing in korean also.

@Yoochunluv: You should probably prepare quite a few songs, I'd say like 3-4 should be more than enough, and you should also prepare sounds that sound quite different, so example, you can sing a song that's quite easy for your vocal range and is good, but you could also sing a song that requires a lot of skills to really show off your talents.
_RaiN_

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Zero_N

Umm hello hello! Ook so, first! I'm new here, and I didn't see anything like "make a presentation post before commenting" or similars, I'll present myself properly later, because I'm using my mobile right now and the line is a bit slow TT.TT anyway I apologise for not presenting me >< Ook so, then I have some questions, I can't find any reply in google, so I hope here my questions will be answered (probably many are already asked xD) so, the most importants 1. I thought of taking part to the Global Auditions, but maybe not this year, so is SMent going to repeat them next year? I'm probably going to live in China for a year, so I was wondering if I would be able to take part to the auditions :3  1-B. I'm not Asian T.T so I was wondering if they would accept me? (though someone told me I look like I have some Asian relatives..)
 2. What physical charachteristics do they look at? Height, weight etc 
 3. I have some acne right now T.T do you think they'll look at it, if it doesn't go away? (I'll be 16) it's not like I'm red-faced because of this, but I still have a bit..
 4. My skin is quite bright-coloured, is it ok? 
5. I can speak: Italian (mother tongue), English quite fluently (though not perfectly), French (intermediate level, though I don't see how it could help xD) and I'm studying Korean and Japanese at the moment (when I'll be sure I'll go to China, I'll pick up Chinese) and I'm quite good at learning languages, does this help?
 6. I'm better at rapping than singing, shall I improve my singing skills much, or just prepare some raps? (I can sing, too, but I'm definitely better at rapping) 
 7. What does exactly happen at the auditions? And if I luckily get through them, what will happen then?
 Umm for the moment I don't have any other questions~~ sorry, they're a bit much xD ahah :3

Zero_N  said:
This information is not strictly accurate so just take it for your own knowledge.
1. It is hard for non-asians to enter a Korean entertainment company. Most likely you would need connections from the people you know inside the company. You should try out for companies like YG and possibly JYP. To broaden your chances, you should try for many other entertainment companies that you feel suited for.
2. They might also look at your skin tone (if it is bright and healthy. 
3. You should try your best to reduce as much acne as possible, possibly through washing your skin several times a day, using hydrating lotion, drinking green tea for anti-oxidants and vitamin b-1 (thiamine) which is good for blood flow. Also you can exercise, but I am sure acne will go away.
4. If that means your skin is glows because it is healthy, then I am sure it is a good thing.
5. Knowing many languages is a beneficial in today's society.
6. If you are good at rapping, then you should rap. You want to "stand out" from the crowd by showing your best talents.
7. You audition in a group of 10 people, and the other group of 10 people watches you on the side of the room, either standing or sitting down on a chair. This is referring to the SM global and youth audition.
If you get through, then you would probably be asked to show more talents. I am not sure what happens, sorry!
Good luck,Wongene

Guest Zero_N

Wongene said: Zero_N  said:
This information is not strictly accurate so just take it for your own knowledge.
1. It is hard for non-asians to enter a Korean entertainment company. Most likely you would need connections from the people you know inside the company. You should try out for companies like YG and possibly JYP. To broaden your chances, you should try for many other entertainment companies that you feel suited for.
3. You should try your best to reduce as much acne as possible, possibly through washing your skin several times a day, using hydrating lotion, drinking green tea for anti-oxidants and vitamin b-1 (thiamine) which is good for blood flow. Also you can exercise, but I am sure acne will go away.
4. If that means your skin is glows because it is healthy, then I am sure it is a good thing.
6. If you are good at rapping, then you should rap. You want to "stand out" from the crowd by showing your best talents.
7. You audition in a group of 10 people, and the other group of 10 people watches you on the side of the room, either standing or sitting down on a chair. This is referring to the SM global and youth audition.
If you get through, then you would probably be asked to show more talents. I am not sure what happens, sorry!
Good luck,Wongene

Zero_N said: Wongene said: Zero_N  said:
Good luck,Wongene

• 2 weeks later...

Uhm Hello there! I have a few questions... If you're still answering them of course.For your reference for my first question, whether it helps you or not, I am 15 years old. 
I'm classified as underweight, but not as anorexic underweight. I weigh a little less the 40kgs. Would this be considered as a good or bad thing while auditioning? Oh and I am about 160 cm tall, and still growing!

Also I have about 3 moles on my face. One near left of my lip, like a beauty mark I guess? and the other two are on my eyebrows one on each side. Will they judge me for this? Even though I'm sure they will, but it never hurts to ask... ^^;

@Kauma: You're still young, we're actually about the same age, and since your weight is probably what they're looking for, it's probably a good thing, but I recommend you eat a bit more so you can grow properly, you need all of the nutrients. Having moles, etc. will effect how the judges view you as they really like people with clear faces, for example, Taeyeon in twinkle, her face has absolutely nothing on it, it's so flawless, if your face is naturally like that, you'll be favoured, A LOT.
_RaiN_

Ah thanks for answering! 
But as for the weight thing I have a high metabolism, so it's hard for me to gain weight and I usually stay around 40kgs.  ^^;
Oh and another question! Do models usually get passed into the next rounds, or is it rare?

Archived