Stars Who Speak English Very Well

Guest jayelae

Guest karosa

Thanks karosa for your reply. I think you like this girl, huh? You know many things about her. :)

Yap obviously i like her but i think i still don't know her pretty well... just got a few info about her and im really amazed when i knew she speaks well in english... that's a plus factor aside from being a good actress...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest crazeebubbles

han ye seul's english was pretty good. loved it in couple or trouble!

"princess! where are you?" lol

Guest Ender's Girl

LOL! Yeah, I agree re: Han Ye-seul. I loved her in Fantasy Couple!!! She was purrr-rfect for the role!!!

Jung Ryu-won in MNIKSS was also a natural. Of course, both actresses were actually RAISED in English-speaking countries, so it really doesn't come as a surprise.

As for stars who DON'T consider English as a primary language, Lee Byung-hun (from his red carpet interviews at Cannes for the screening of A Bittersweet Life) spoke English pretty well, IMHO. His enunciation (though a bit slow) was clear, with the right accentuation of the words. He majored in French as well, didn't he? Niiiiice.

You know who I wish spoke English more coherently? Jang Hyuk, coz I love him to bits and wish he carves out an international career (Dance of the Dragon is start, though). LOL!

And Bi too, if only because he already HAS an international career. A firm grasp of English would really help him navigate the international press junkets.

On the flip side, the huuuuge language gaffe committed by the Speed Racer premiere organizers (switching Bi's name with that of his character's while introducing him to the press) was such an embarrassment, and downright smacked of typical Western cultural ignorance of all things Asian. A little more sensitivity would have gone a long way. Ugh.

• 2 months later...

I'd have to say the best english speaking stars in Korea are Tim, Brian, Taebin, Tablo and Crown J, Tiffany, Jessica.

I love Yoochun to death but his english is so funny sounding. But I guess you can't blame him. And Eric can speak pretty fluently, but you can still hear an accent.

Guest itsjennyfer

Hmm I think a lot of the well-english speaking celebrities lived out in the US, naturally.

SNSD Tiffany went to Diamond Bar highschool in CA&transfered to Kent Foreign highschool with Jessica~, and its amazing how well she speaks in english! I loveee it(: At hollywoodbowl this year there was a number of her past schoolmates cheering her on&etc.

Shinwha's Eric... he's decent since he lived in california, and i heard Andy also went to Patrick Henry middle school in ca, from teachers&etc.

Bi's. preetty decent? Haha seeing him in Speed Racer was quite interesting though.

Brian Joo & Tablo, went to, was it UC Berkeley?

And some or Brian's family lives here in so cal(:

I think these two are two of the best-speaking celebrities in Korea. they're.. wow[;

Guest 영원한 사랑

Well people who were raised in america don't count like brian, tim, etc....cuz thats an obvious given that they can speak english perfectly O_____O

people who didn't exactly grow up in america...and speak good english are..

sung shikyung, yoobin (?), Eru .... can't think of any more

they all have an accent when they speak but i think they speak pretty well for foreigners?

As for stars who DON'T consider English as a primary language, Lee Byung-hun (from his red carpet interviews at Cannes for the screening of A Bittersweet Life) spoke English pretty well, IMHO. His enunciation (though a bit slow) was clear, with the right accentuation of the words. He majored in French as well, didn't he? Niiiiice.

I agree. :)

He actually speaks quite softly, too but always very clear and no problem in understanding him.. just like most of us who were not born & raised in English-speaking countries.

The trailer of 'I Come With The Rain' has snippets of LBH speaking in English to his co-stars. Hope we'll see more from the movie soon.

Guest meifun

Harlow!

Not sure if anybody has mentioned this yet...but I think Lee Seung Gi can speak pretty good English too.

Watched him on a short clip from Star Golden Bell and thought his grammar and diction weren't that bad. ^^

well, at least he dint 'kill' English like some of the other stars did. *haha*

Guest Joanne <3

han ye seul's english was pretty good. loved it in couple or trouble!

"princess! where are you?" lol

Oh yeah! I loved her English too, haha. "500 thousand!" "One million!" :D Han Ye Seul was awesome in Couple Or Trouble. :wub: <3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest bujhitapexoxa89

Jung Ryu-won in MNIKSS was also a natural. Of course, this actress was actually RAISED in English-speaking countries, so it really doesn't come as a surprise.

Also Sun Ah is a good one altough she lived in USA some tiem ago ^^

• 5 years later...
Guest orangepuffle

The ones that I know of
Eric NamLedAPPLE's HanbyulEpik High's TabloHan Chae YoungSNSD's Tiffany, Jessica2NE1's Bom, CL
Well most of these stars have stayed at some English-speaking country for a considerable amount of time, but because they stayed in Korea for so long they're forgetting their vocabulary, and can't really express themselves that well anymore.I think Tablo is the best of the bunch, he seemed to have no problem even during recent English interviews. 

Guest Narda

At the top of my head.. Brian Joo but then again, he was practically raised on the mainland.Does he have dual citizenship?
Tablo (duh, he majored in English)
Han Ye Seul... 'yall need to watch Couple or Trouble if you haven't already done so. she speaks english flawlessly!

• 2 months later...

For the first time I found K-Celeb with PERFECT English : Han Ye-Seul.
Just watch the first ep of Fantasy Couple a.k.a Couple or Trouble and you will know it :D :D

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/29/2007 at 1:05 PM, L0VE_LYNNA said:

Gong Yoo seems to speak english pretty well. He sang how deep is your love

Sorry.. I know this is old post, but where can I find him singing How Deep Is Your Love?

• 1 year later...

Are you talkin' 'bout Kpop idols or celebrities in general LoL?! 

In Kpop aside from the ones that lived or are educated abroad, I'd say it's admirable that RM of BTS taught himself the English language! Though I admit it's not perfect but commendable. What is it 'bout Asians who speak English sound so ghetto LMFAo?! 

Archived