Stars Who Speak English Very Well

Guest jayelae

Guest desert_rain

the girl who plays in "queen of the game", the lawyer friend of joo jo min...her english is really good...i forgot her name, but i believe she's american born, i could be wrong.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Kim Taehee

>Kim Min

>Jeong Ryeowon

>Lee Boyoung

>Lee Dahae (haven't heard her speak. but she probably can since she was in Australia for a long time in her life)

>Daniel Henney? LOL

>Hyun Bin

tangerine_kisses - I agree with you here except for HyunBin. Actually, he's learning English at the moment but not fluent yet. :w00t:

WOW A LOT OF KOREAN ENTRETAINERS SPEAK ENGLISH ... WELL I'M NOT KOREAN .. OR ASIAN. .. HAHA SO IT'S ALWAYS SO COOL TO HEAR PEOPLE SPEAK ENGLISH ... I THINK MOST OF THE ACTORS NAMED HERE SPEEK ENGLISH WELL ... ALTHOUGH PEOPLE SHOULDN'T EXPECT THEIR ENGLISH TO BE PERFRECT BECAUSE ITS NOT THEIR NATIVE TONGUE UNLESS THEY STUIDIED FOR YEARS ... MY PARENTS HAVE A HEAVY ACCENT AND THEY HAVE BEEN LIVING HERE FOR 20 YRS .. SO I CHEER ON PEOPLE LIKE RAIN WHO .. I PERSONALLY THINK SPEEKS SUPERB ENGLISH .. I WAS READING PREVIOUS PAGES AND MAYBE IT'S NOT CRITISISM BUT STILL YOU KNOW GIVE THE PEOPLE A BREAK ... O AND ON THE PREVIOUS PAGES SOMEONE COMMENTED ABOUT PEOPLE FROM CALI HAVING AN ACCCENT... I DONT REALLY THINK WE HAVE AN ACCENT... HAHA SORRY FOR RANTING FOR SO LONG ^_^

We have a Californian accent. :)

Guest 영원한 사랑

Tablo graduated from Standford<3 and speaks english fluently

Yeah I heard that..

He also moved to the states when he was 8 or 9 or something like that..

which is another reason his english is so good.

Guest bliss_

Andy of Shinhwa's english isn't too bad. Or at least it has improved.

He was on a filmed radio show where he was asked why he doesn't use his english skills. So he does. and it sounds goooooood :)

see this subbed video start time is 6:20 >>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4iOFMCu2NI credit: crystalis

Thanks for sharing the video. Andy's english is pretty good i must say. How did he learn to speak English? Was it self-taught or did he go overseas to an English-speaking country?

Guest choong jae

i really impressed w/ sung si kyung self teaching himself to speak english and he speaks french pretty well. his english pronounciation is good and grammar is also good. plus he has never studied aboard - considering how some ppl who studied aboard n yet their english still isn't good.

I briefly read thru all 12 pages of post in this thread.

Very interesting topic indeed and I see many repetitive names who can speak english fluently with or without accent. All of the names mentioned here, I have briefly heard them speaking a few sentences here and there in most of the dramas, except for Tablo. I know he is a singer, raps well and comes from a very reputable university.

(O/T - is there a link for me to his gameshow or whatever that I can hear him speak? pls pm me, thks in advance.)

I believe everyone from different country has an accent, most importantly, you must be understood.

Choi Yeo Jin from MISA/SBDH speaks fluently, I can understand her. :rolleyes:

Guest alung777

han ye seul speaks both english and korean fluently knowing that she already moved to LA since she was 8 or 9 years old...that's cool!!!

Guest Chaegyoung24

ERIC from shinhwa.. is really good at english.. i guess he should be since he studied and lived at california for 5 years. His english these days seems to be a bit shaky since he's been speaking korean lately. Jung ryeo won and Lee da hae are also good at english..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest fivemagic

How about Gong Yoo? I think he speaks english pretty good in One Fine Day (episode 1).

I second the above...........Gong Yoo speaks pretty good english in the first episode of 'One Fine Day'.

Yoo Gun speaks english too.........he was born and raised in the states. Does it count? He's the one guy in "HELLO GOD".

Guest sp4078

I read through all 13 pages here, I find ppl repeat Brian, Tablo, Tim, a lot. Come on. I think the ones who are Koreans and speak English really well should be mentioned here more. Brian, Tim have English as first language, of course they have to speak English perfectly.

I think we should re-define "Korean stars speak English well" as speak on a certain level of fluency that ppl can understand. It's okay to have some accent since it will take a long time to absorb a language.

As you guys just mentioned, Gong Yoo speaks english pretty good though. I would love to hear Kim Sun Ah, or Yoo Gun. Never heard them speak English before.

Eugene. She seems almost fluent.. but the more I hear her the more I keep hearing some strange accent. I guess it's a Guam accent?

Same here, English is not my first language but I did spot some weird accent. Other than that, her English is quite lovely.

_ Rain's case: At first, I suprised that his pronunciation is not bad at all. However, sadly, after watched several interviews, I found out that he just repeated certain sentences. He practiced and I give him credit for that. Fighting, Rain !! Hope he can communicate in english soon.

I adore Kim Tae Hee but her english is horrible. She practiced and practiced and practiced those english lines in Love Story in Harvard with an english coach but it was still horrible. She IS a smart girl.. but she graduated as a Fashion Design major in Seoul University. It doesn't mean her english has to be good.

Her co-star in it was even much much more worse though.. I guess that's why some people were brainwashed into thinking her english was good.

Come on, Kim Tae Hee's english is not that good but at least understandable. And please don't mention her co-star.

_Han Ye Seul: I love her english. Kinda sexy accent I think XD.

_ Micky Yoochun (DBSK): I think he can be put on the list since his english is in okay-level (4 yrs in Virginia). Sometimes, his english is really cute. Unfortunately, he's on the process of forgetting english.

I keep seeing people assumed that just because someone studied in an English-oriented country, they automatically become fluent in English. That's not necessarily true. I came to the States when I was 13 and have been here for 15 years and my English is still slightly accented and I sometimes still caught myself using bad grammar. I tried and tried and tried but I can't help it cuz English isn't my first language. It has also been proven that the older you get the harder it is for you to pick up another language. So stars, such as Bi, can try all he wants to, but he will probably never achieve what most you called "perfect English". Also just because you grew up overseas doesn't mean you can speak good English. While the majority of the time, that is true; I have met numerous people who been here since they were 2 or 3 years old or was even born here, yet their English is still heavily accented and can't use correct grammar at all.

Most of the stars named in this thread speaks pretty good English, accented or not. Even if they don't, I still give them kudos for trying on television.

I don't believe that a person was born in the states or grew up at age 2, 3 has accent EVER. My cousins, one was born in canada, one came here at age 2, they speak perfectly, no one can ever tell them Asians on the phone.

Archived