Stars Who Speak English Very Well

Guest jayelae

LOL i agree Eric speaks english weirdly. It's not the Californian accent because i lived in Cali all my life and i know we don't speak like that. He has an accent when he speaks and when he sings. I agree with PiffleSprite that Eric has a fobbish accent. :D Out of all the people i have heard Kim Min speaks English the best.

Hahhahaha lol!! I didn't know us Californians speak like the Eric guy!!! Hahahah LOL!!! Besides his English isn't good and omg his rapping is terrible well when he's rapping in english of course (sorry my opinion, don't hurt me)!!! I definitely agree that Eric speaks very fobby! I'm not hating on him...

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jafa100

ERU, he was born in New york and lived there until he was 7, then went to korea. And then he went to Boston to study in Berklee College of Music.

Guest fivemagic

How about Kim Hee Sun? Her english is pretty good too. She sang a remake song from The Carpenter's 'Yesterday Once More' from her drama 'SAD LOVE STORY' and she was pretty good. I understand word for word what she was saying and I was very impressed by that.

Guest haneul_norae

i thought se7en doesnt know how to speak english??how about bi? does he know how to speak the language? =)i forgot to ask, what about jang nara ang lee dong geon?

Guest L0VE_LYNNA

I second the above...........Gong Yoo speaks pretty good english in the first episode of 'One Fine Day'.

Yoo Gun speaks english too.........he was born and raised in the states. Does it count? He's the one guy in "HELLO GOD".

yeah i agree... Gong Yoo seems to speak english pretty well. He sang how deep is your love like a sentence and it was like perfect. and he doesnt sound too bad in one fine day, and biscuit teacher and star candy.

Guest freeverse122085

does Lee Donggun speaks English?

his brother is currently studying in New Zealand i guess and i just assume he might have studied abroad too.. so, he must have learned English..:)

Lee Da HAe speaks good english. she studied in a Catholic School for girls in Australia. Bi speaks english too these days.. quite an accent though . hehe :)

Guest fivemagic

yeah i agree... Gong Yoo seems to speak english pretty well. He sang how deep is your love like a sentence and it was like perfect. and he doesnt sound too bad in one fine day, and biscuit teacher and star candy.

Yep, totally agreed with you.

Did he speak english in 'Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy' and sang 'How Deep Is Your Love'?

does Lee Donggun speaks English?

his brother is currently studying in New Zealand i guess and i just assume he might have studied abroad too.. so, he must have learned English..:)

Lee Da HAe speaks good english. she studied in a Catholic School for girls in Australia. Bi speaks english too these days.. quite an accent though . hehe :)

freeverse122085 - I don't think Lee Dong Gun can speak English well, I read he understand a little. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Guest cheabjet

I watched One Fine Day eps.1 last night and found that Gong Yoo speaks English well. I heard that he likes English.

Guest mendyoo

here's also my two cents worth... don't get me wrong please.

well... i can say many korean stars speaks english understandably nowadays. thay can't speak it fluently as in... like those born and then grew up in an english speaking country. but they're trying to make it big all over asia and even in the rest of the world... and you can only do that if you know the universal language... and that's english. here in the phil. as soon as you entered schooling... english is the medium of instruction. but are we fluent? others are... but sad to say the rest are not. as long as we understand what they want to express... i think it's pretty o.k.

Guest SillyYun

Crown J speaks good english! haha hes a good rapper..LOL.

Dennis O neil speaks english!

Kibum and siwon speaks abit of english!

oh yea..Yang pa speaks english well i think..cos shes from boston college or something?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest crappidoo

i think that koreans who can't speak english just shouldn't pretend they can cause its a little embarrassing. but i think that those people who can speak english and korean fluently should be commended cause i know its hard learning 2 or more languages. i'm from singapore so i learn both english and chinese and its really not easy. i think that kim min, tablo, brian, taebin, sung si kyung all speak excellent english.

I think Eugene when she went to the Philippines she speak in English I don’t know if she's really fluent it’s find at least it sounds good to be heard. I also heard Eric Mun can speak in English…a little bit when he had an interview i think it was in Japan. :D . I hope some of my favorite korean star could speak well in english.

Guest pandoras0nymph

yes..gong yoo is fluent in english.... there was a scene there where he was talking to black guy who played some instruments in the hotel bar... it was cute listening to him..... hehehe and the girl in love story in harvard....the attorney who is really a richard simmons to kth...she speaks well in english..........

i think, it depends on the person how fast he/she catches up on learning and speaking english... coz some might still retain the accent and tone..some may not..

i guess yall already said a majority of the ones i was gon say but it don't hurt

Taebin, Teddy, Sean, Jinu, Perry, Masta Wu *<---so far i've heard him--->* Wheesung, Se7en, Eric, Brian...das all i kinda know

but Eric's rappin in Shinhwa was kinda...fobbish...like he was first timer or something, maybe only i think that, but yeah...

I think Eugene when she went to the Philippines she speak in English I don’t know if she's really fluent it’s find at least it sounds good to be heard. I also heard Eric Mun can speak in English…a little bit when he had an interview i think it was in Japan. :D . I hope some of my favorite korean star could speak well in english.

elley - Ye, Eugene can speak English fluently & Eric, too since he studied in US but has a little accent when he speaks. :)

Andy of Shinwa to my opinion, speaks English fluently. With a little bit of accent but not too much.

On the topic of Koren actors/Koreans speaking English.....I find they do not try hard enough, the Chinese per capita speak and understand more English than Koreans. I am of Dutch descent, I use to speak the landguage, I lost most of it but I can understand and reply in English. When learning to speak english, firstly practice annunciation and diction also do the mouth excercise, grammar is key, it okay to speak english with a slight accent, but you have to be able to comprehend what you are trying to convey. I speaks the Queen English not American version of english, I have taught 3 of my girlfriends english and they speak and write english excellent without a Japanese accent, you just have to invest the time.

Rain speaking English scares me, he needs proper coaching, and verbalization. Eric of Shinwa need to practice more and stop being so "GANGSTER" Seven I can work with him, to eradicate his accent, he has a good ear for languages. All in all you put in the time the end result is great.

Guest ImSmiley

Kibum and siwon speaks abit of english!

sometimes i can't even understand what kibum is saying in english. like when he was in H6 with Tim and tim spoke in english to him, i couldn't understand what kibum was saying until i watched it over a couple times.

i guess yall already said a majority of the ones i was gon say but it don't hurt

Taebin, Teddy, Sean, Jinu, Perry, Masta Wu *<---so far i've heard him--->* Wheesung, Se7en, Eric, Brian...das all i kinda know

Most of the YG men are fluent in english like taebin_luver^^ stated.

se7en's english is getting good, he just has that accent but it's ok. i could totally understand what he's saying.

i half agree with Beret, some just don't try hard enough.... but some don't have the 'feel' for the language (is that the expression?)

i can speak fluent Dutch and i'm only been living here in belgium for 5yrs.. a friend of mine from school have been here for 18yrs and she still have lots of difficulty understanding...

i like the way ryeowon(kimsamsoon) talks.. totally without accent.. se7en speaks ok.. and some members of G.OD speaks well also, Eugene speaks really cute english.. and as much as i love shinhwa.. i think they speak fobbish... does LeeJiHoon speak english also?

Archived