[Drama 2011] Romance Town 로맨스 타운

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest vesica

shinta lee..Thank you so muchhh ...you´re so fast :w00t:

wuahhh..music with pianoo ...... really sweet and clearly ..

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest starlight tears

Watch the first 2 episodes and like it... hope people give more love to Romance town.

I really love to read comments, translation.

Guest Boowha

Just watched episode two. Now who wasn't in tears when Kang San, kept following Soon Geum begging her not to go? T.T

That killed my heart!

I mean look at that ->RT02-0085.jpg

Can't wait for episode 2!! o(^.^)o

((( Episodes 01-02 )))

"Romance Town (2011) ViKi Softsubs"

Subtitles brought to you by the:...

~ Romance Town team @viki.com ~

ViKi Link: http://www.viki.com/channels/1823-maids

Softsubs Link: http://www.viki.com/channels/1823-maids/posts/7562-romance-town-2011-viki-softsubs?t=1305438163

The softsubs are synced to 720p-HANrel videos.

They should work for any resolution HANrel videos.

The softsub links will be in folders...

MU Folder: "The Romance Town (2011) ViKi Softsubs"

http://www.megaupload.com/?f=296KTU63

MF Folder: "The Romance Town (2011) ViKi Softsubs"

http://www.mediafire.com/?jbkmmz48t2ah4

The individual MU links for the softsubs...

KWTRT.E01.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZP0UHKQI ((( link fixed )))

KWTRT.E02.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.99%.srt ((( new )))

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UV3WWJ87

Guest wintersun

^ I'm not sure if it's just me but for the past few days, everytime I tried to access Romance Town page on Viki, it would say "Missing Channel"

==================================

:blink: what is going on there?!?!

ch_1305596285_-758409544_2.jpg

ch_1305596284_-758950972_1-1.jpg

ch_1305596284_-759293634_0.jpg

^ I'm not sure if it's just me but for the past few days, everytime I tried to access Romance Town page on Viki, it would say "Missing Channel"

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

lol. I also want to know what's going on there. They both look drunk/dead :lol: Maybe they were passed out at different points or faking it. lol.

I'm glad to see he's no longer wearing that scarf around his neck. What's with the three piece suits, though? Wish he'd wear some normal clothes. He's not in an 18th Century British movie, is he?

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

ViKi has hidden the "Romance Town" channel because streaming license hasn't been acquired from the License Holder.

The channel is currently only available to QC ViKi Members... "Qualified Contributor".

Translations/Timings/Uploadings are merely a few of the ways a ViKi subscriber can earn the QC status to view all channels on ViKi.

Meanwhile... ViKi QC members are working hard to sub the dramas... and providing softsubs for as many dramas as we can. :)

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Those scenes look interesting.  Why is she laid out in the  middle of someone's floor like that?  A shameless stunt...lol.

I do like the grandma character in this drama and I hope they treat her not coming back as something meaningful and not tragic.  Also, I did not want to see the young maid coming back, but as long as she has the money still, I'm okay with it....kekekeke.

Guest antinh85

Those scenes look interesting.  Why is she laid out in the  middle of someone's floor like that?  A shameless stunt...lol.

I do like the grandma character in this drama and I hope they treat her not coming back as something meaningful and not tragic.  Also, I did not want to see the young maid coming back, but as long as she has the money still, I'm okay with it....kekekeke.

Man is that going to be in episode 4? damn. I'm loving it already. He's already making a move on her. Bad boy! lolz

I had a feeling she was going to come back but i didn't know it was that soon. Does it mean that she's going to loose all her winning money? please no! In the preview, it looks like her dad knows about her winning the lottery. He's probably going to take it from her account. Poor thing. I wish the dad just disappears. Hate him so much!!

Man is that going to be in episode 4? damn. I'm loving it already. He's already making a move on her. Bad boy! lolz

I had a feeling she was going to come back but i didn't know it was that soon. Does it mean that she's going to loose all her winning money? please no! In the preview, it looks like her dad knows about her winning the lottery. He's probably going to take it from her account. Poor thing. I wish the dad just disappears. Hate him so much!!

I hate some of the portrayals of dads in some kdramas.  Why must we have a loafing, good-for-nothing father who makes his daughter miserable and the poor daughter's always coming back for more torment as this is their lot in life to be borne with a smile????  That's not realistic, especially if he steals her money like I think he did with his wife's before abandoning them, then his actions are beyond redemption---as in I don't care about his choices..... 

Why are we seeing a character allowing herself to be abused by a man who happens to be her father????  It's not fate but a choice to go on being used.  What has he shown her in life except living selfishly? 

When a parent teaches a child through their actions on a subconscious level to live a certain way that is destructive, the child has a choice to accept it or reject it as valid when growing up.  GW has decided to let his father take responsibility for fathering another child.  I hope our heroine does the same with her father and faces him to let him know that she is ashamed of his actions, etc.  She can forgive him for not being there but to enable his reckless lifestyle is a no-no, imo.

I hate some of the portrayals of dads in some kdramas.  Why must we have a loafing, good-for-nothing father who makes his daughter miserable and the poor daughter's always coming back for more torment as this is their lot in life to be borne with a smile????  That's not realistic, especially if he steals her money like I think he did with his wife's before abandoning them, then his actions are beyond redemption---as in I don't care about his choices..... 

Why are we seeing a character allowing herself to be abused by a man who happens to be her father????  It's not fate but a choice to go on being used.  What has he shown her in life except living selfishly? 

When a parent teaches a child through their actions on a subconscious level to live a certain way that is destructive, the child has a choice to accept it or reject it as valid when growing up.  GW has decided to let his father take responsibility for fathering another child.  I hope our heroine does the same with her father and faces him to let him know that she is ashamed of his actions, etc.  She can forgive him for not being there but to enable his reckless lifestyle is a no-no, imo.

That kind of father (or other relative) is extremely annoying but to be honest, it's not unrealistic. It's just in some cultures it's less tolerated than in others.

That kind of father (or other relative) is extremely annoying but to be honest, it's not unrealistic. It's just in some cultures it's less tolerated than in others.

Since this is a K-drama, the writer is telling me that her relationship with her father has switched where she at 21, is now responsible for him where he has not really shown any responsibility for her other than being her biological father.  Also, it is okay for him to be a constant drain on her emotionally and financially as an adult because of the filial piety that is purely linked by DNA.  He has done nothing for her otherwise.?

Since this is a K-drama, the writer is telling me that her relationship with her father has switched where she at 21, is now responsible for him where he has not really shown any responsibility for her other than being her biological father.  Also, it is okay for him to be a constant drain on her emotionally and financially as an adult because of the filial piety that is purely linked by DNA.  He has done nothing for her otherwise.?

Not that. The father is undoubtedly a disgrace as a father and she should end the madness sooner rather than later but all I'm saying is that it's not unrealistic.

Drama-wise, the father has been added to create conflict but we don't know how she'll deal with him by the end of the story.

Yes, I get the conflict from "outside" the main couple's love line.  He just wrecks if for me for some reason.  Perhaps it's the debts he's racking up insisting that she pay them.  Similar to 'having to pay' for GWs bar bill once upon a time....

Well, if her father steals her money, she should not have left under her bed so to speak for anyone to come in and take.

Since I have not gotten used to all of the names and households, I saw this from Kaedejun's recap on Dramabeans under comment 19.3.

Hwang Residence

Hwang Yong (master with the gold bars)

Hwang Joo Won (his daughter in the red dress who broke off engagement)

Zar Lin (the maid in long ponytail who looks like a little kid)

Kim Residence

Kim Young Hee (Kim Min Joon)

Da Kyum (Min Hyo Rin with the perky nose and sassy attitude)

Jang Residence

Jang Chi Gook (master with the glasses and pencil mustache)

Soon Ok (the wife with curly hair – http://i630.photobuc...2/RT02-0015.jpg)

Boon Ja (the mistress with shoulder length hair – http://i630.photobuc...2/RT02-0018.jpg)

Hyun Joo (the maid with the huge ring and disarrayed hair always up in a bun)

Kang Residence

Kang Tae Won (skinny guy reddish brown dyed hair and odd fashion sense)

Seo Yoon Joo (his new wife – youngest looking one out of entire neighborhood)

Kang Gun Woo (hottie. duh)

Kang San (the three year old)

Noh Soon Geum (Sung Yuri)

Other Characters

Soo Jung (the other maid with no master – as of yet – with a motherly body)

Shi Ah (Soon Geum’s friend – the one with the baby girl and now looks like a bona fide ajumma with her curly mop)

Choon Jak (Gun Woo’s grandmother-maid-caretaker; the lady from Shining Inheritance)

credit:  http://www.dramabean...ode-2/#comments

Guest soulan

Thanks for the char's chart mskololia1 ! I had difficulties seeing the whole picture of the different neighbours and their maids :) 

I think this drama really has a different vibe from those on air right now ! I'm really enjoying it and I love the main cast (Don't really know Min Hyo Rin though and she's kinda annoying for me right now.. but we'll see :)

I hope the lottery-win of SG won't be use to put the maids against each other.. It's only a ticket and SG didn't chose it instead of the other.. It was fate that she kept the winning-one. Plus, what can they say to SG ? She bought another ticket with her own money! She didn't cheat on them .. It's life that they are really NOT LUCKY to pick the not winning one.. Right ? Or I am just being too naive haha and they will use it later in the drama to put in some conflict >.< 

UGH. I hope not.. I really don't enjoy money fights btw people who actually liked each other before the money issue.. 

Anywaay! I love SG and KW but i have to say.. I find KMJ's character really interesting ! I hope to watch YH slowly enjoying life a little bit more thanks to SG .. It will broke my heart when he won't get the girl ..but still! Waiting for the love lines to develop! 

And WAITING for the "bed" scene with our main couple !! :P

Archived