[Drama 2011] Romance Town 로맨스 타운

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest antinh85

I really hope her damn father would not steal all her money. It could be the reason why she may return to be the maid in his house again. I just hope that she was smart enough to keep it a secret and stash it somewhere.

Not that it says much but looking at the posters; it looks like she's the one that will be rich later on. If the tables will be turn and the main guy will be poor; that would be so interesting. More romantics scenes...ah..love it!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alphabet_soup

I can't seem to find a link that streams the second episode in English subtitles. I loved the first episode! I thought it was adorable and now I really want to watch the next episode. Does anyone know where I might be able to watch it?

Hello! :D

i just have a question..

Is the "hyung" dude of the main guy lead the same guy as the one at the end in the cemetery??

and was he also the same guy from ep. 1 whom the girl is kissing at the club??

they look very a-like....are those 3 guys the same guy??

:blink: 

---

yes the man that u mention exactlyis one person,i think in present he look old coz he didnt shave,,,, hehehe,,

Guest currysushi33

i watched ep 2 raw cos i couldnt wait....ive never done that before...i didnt understand a thing but still teared up at the jung gyu woon firing sung yuri part

im so much more desperate to watch the next episode than best love and lie to me.....and neither of thoes shows had me at the first episode.....hopefully RT doesnt disappoint

Guest Bradamante

KBS World

29429292.jpg

51497337.jpg

Genre: Drama

Cast: Jung Gyeo-woon, Sung Yu-ri

Director: Hwang Eui-kyung

Writer: Seo Sook-hyang

Premiere in Korea:

Premiere on KBS World : 2011.6.1

Number of Episodes:

Runtime:

Showtime: HONG KONG 21:00pm | PARIS 15:00pm | Wed-Thu

Synopsis

No Sungeum whose grandmother and mother were maids, thanks to her gambling addicted father, also becomes a maid in a townhouse on 'First Avenue' which is located in a rich neighborhood. She tries to cope with her sorrow and loneliness by joining a meeting called 'Six Parted Garlic' and shares her joys and sorrows with the other maids. She also copes by way of reading letters to the ex-maid, Yoo Chunjak, from the son of the owner, Gang Geonwoo, who studies in NY. It's the Saturday when Geonwoo finally returns. Sungeum comes back from a convenience store after buying a 5000 won lottery ticket and is then fired by Geonwoo who wants grandma chunjack back. Being kicked out of the townhouse, she shoves her hands into her coat pocket and finds the lottery ticket she bought previously. Much to her surprise, she discovers she won the 10,000,000,000 won lottery!

Credit: KBS World

Two Protagonists Makes Dramatic Reencounter in ‘Romance Town’

[2011-05-16]

The second episode of the new drama “Romance Town” on May 12 has showed two protagonists making a dramatic reencounter three years after their first encounter as strangers at a club.

Kang Geon-woo (Jung Gyu-woon) returns in completely fresh appearance from the U.S. after three years of study there. He was a clumsy, big man weighing 150 kilograms before, but now he has been transformed into a sophisticated, slim man with great muscle.

965_2562_l.jpg

▲ Scenes from the second episode

He is surprised to find Noh Sun-geum (Sung Yu-ri), who paid his bill for him when they happened to meet at a bar, working as a housemaid at his home. He has held good impressions about her because she was kind and warm to him at the time. Although she cannot recognize him because of his changes, he recognizes her and says, “You haven’t changed at all. Not a bit.”

But when Geon-woo comes to know that his family’s long-time nanny and housemaid whom he dears very much was kicked out and that Sun-geum was hired to replace her, he kicks her out to bring her back.

965_2563_l.jpg

Becoming upset, Sun-geum goes to a Chinese restaurant. Eating a black noodle, She reads a newspaper and finds out that she has won a lottery with prize money of W14.2 billion. This is raising interest in how her life would change.

Meanwhile, viewers expressed great expectations for the development of the relationship between Geon-woo and Sun-geum.

“Romance Town” airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays on KBS2 at 9:55 p.m.

Writer: KBSi Jin Yeong-ju

Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi - Illegal reproduction & distribution is banned.

Source: KBS

Hello! :D

i just have a question..

Is the "hyung" dude of the main guy lead the same guy as the one at the end in the cemetery??

and was he also the same guy from ep. 1 whom the girl is kissing at the club??

they look very a-like....are those 3 guys the same guy??

:blink: 

Of course not. There're 2 different guys:

Jung Kyu Woon as Kang Gun Woo is the fat one in the beginning and also the slim

This is Kang Gun Woo: 1122437.jpg

rare01_39.jpg

And this is Kim Min Jun as Kim Young Hee in the cemetery:

13217807.jpg

They're different :D

scaledphptn0server611filenamehe3pt.jpg

Thanks @Brad for the info.  So his long-time "grandma" comes back into the picture.  Good, because it looks like the new wife found out about the baby.  Her husband may need some protecting.

I hope her money does not disappear as suddenly as it came.....

Anyone enjoys OST. I dont know name but this is a good song by Tei:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bd5b0opt7lcoc27

(Intrumental) http://www.mediafire.com/?3la5gmw56oc6vc3

The one more song will be released on May 18th and sung by SNSD's Jessica

Guest Showtime24

Just got finished watching episode 2 with subs and I'm really liking this drama!

I also dislike Soon-geum's dad. He's such a dead beat. seriously taking his daughter's money & leaving her with nothing >.<

You know he's just gonna stir up more trouble as the drama goes on.

I'm disappointed to have not seen as much interactions between Young hee & da kyum as i would of liked but their scenes in episode 1 were cute :)

And I'm just curious if anyone else noticed this. Soon geum bought 2 lottery tickets. Her's in the left, the maids in the right.

But when the older maid took out the lottery ticket, she took out the one that was on her right which was actually the left side which is soon geum's ticket.

So the winning ticket was really the ones she bought for the maids.

LOL I wonder if this plays a role into the story or maybe it's just nothing big XD

Anyways..I'm excited for the next two episodes :D

And I'm just curious if anyone else noticed this. Soon geum bought 2 lottery tickets. Her's in the left, the maids in the right.

But when the older maid took out the lottery ticket, she took out the one that was on her right which was actually the left side which is soon geum's ticket.

LOL I wonder if this plays a role into the story or maybe it's just nothing big XD

Yes, it's their ticket to the fame and fortune alright, but she was not really paying attention so I can see her being skeptical or confused if confronted by them.

I hope they start their own business before the drama ends.  That would mean she does not lose the money...:crazy:

Just got finished watching episode 2 with subs and I'm really liking this drama!

I also dislike Soon-geum's dad. He's such a dead beat. seriously taking his daughter's money & leaving her with nothing >.<

You know he's just gonna stir up more trouble as the drama goes on.

I'm disappointed to have not seen as much interactions between Young hee & da kyum as i would of liked but their scenes in episode 1 were cute :)

Anyways..I'm excited for the next two episodes :D

Sorry to cut your post.. From the preview at the end of episode 2 it seems like there will be more interactions between Young Hee and Da Kyum! I like them as a couple.. The womanizing rich boy who falls for his maid.. And it seems she's got a charater!

Guest Han.Ji.Yoon

I can't seem to find a link that streams the second episode in English subtitles. I loved the first episode! I thought it was adorable and now I really want to watch the next episode. Does anyone know where I might be able to watch it?

KBS World's streaming video site, MVIBO, has both subbed episodes of Romance Town up for free! Here's the link to the 2nd one:

http://www.mvibo.com/player.html?vid=1057&eid=18042&page=1

Guest timpa

IT seemed like Soon Geum doesn't realize the ticket which fell to the ground was from the wrong pocket either. She just noticed it had fallen to the ground and when she picked it up she put in the pocket she thought it was in (when in reality it was from the other pocket) The preview seemed to indicate she may not even claim the lottery prize? That she was maybe selling the ticket to a loan shark or something and only getting a fraction of the prize in order to not be discovered? Or maybe I misunderstood the scene.

BTW. Does anyone else think this drama has WAY too many characters though? It feels like it should be a weekend drama that's planned to run for like 50 episodes. There's 4 or 5 different rich family households (with their maids)... There's Soon Geum's family (Dad + friend with kid).

Guest RSmith021985

I can't do 50, that's to much.

Anyways, pretty sure everyone hates the dad. Maybe later on SG dad wife might end up stealing all the gold/money in the safe.

The guy SG, didn't know he was from Dr. Champ drama. I like his character, but yeah hopefully there's more interaction with them later on.

Guest Bradamante

Romance Town official pics.

25291627.jpg

29585405.jpg

63960655.jpg

26146803.jpg

Credit: KBS

VOD Link:

youtube

로맨스타운(Romance Town ) 3 부 예고 (preview)

Episode 3 - The preview pics

romancetowne02110512hdt.jpgromancetowne02110512hdt.jpg

romancetowne02110512hdtu.jpgromancetowne02110512hdt.jpg

romancetowne02110512hdt.jpgromancetowne02110512hdtmzm.jpg

romancetowne02110512hdts.jpgromancetowne02110512hdt.jpg

romancetowne02110512hdt.jpgromancetowne02110512hdto.jpg

romancetowne02110512hdt.jpgromancetowne02110512hdtm.jpg

romancetowne02110512hdtj.jpgromancetowne02110512hdt.jpg

romancetowne02110512hdtf.jpgromancetowne02110512hdtn.jpg

romancetowne02110512hdt.jpgromancetowne02110512hdtr.jpg

romancetowne02110512hdtv.jpgromancetowne02110512hdt.jpg

Guest Bradamante

Tears are overflowing on May 18th

May 17, 2011

4d73e6a3915f09814c6c834f4a9d8489.jpg

Jessica recorded a sad ballad ‘(눈물이 넘쳐서)Because Tears Are Overflowing’ which is the OST for KBS drama ‘Romance Town’.

On May 18th at 12am KST, the OST ‘(눈물이 넘쳐서)Because Tears Are Overflowing’ which showcases the transformation of Jessica’s image as well as her powerful emotional vocal will be revealed. The OST is expected to receive a huge support and love from music fans as well as home viewers.

Jessica who completed the recording of the track on May 5th, poured her strong emotions into the song to suit the refreshing melody and sad atmosphere of the ballad.

Jessica’s ‘(눈물이 넘쳐서)Because Tears Are Overflowing’ which will be featured on episode 3 of the drama will be the love theme song of the main characters in the ‘Romance Town’ played by Sung YuRi and Jung KyoWoon from May 18th onwards.

Credit: tvdaily.co.kr/bntnews.co.kr

Source: en.korea.com

Jessica’s first trial in OST for which Sung Yu Ri appears

May 17, 2011

5-17jessica.jpg

Jessica of Girl’s Generation, for the first time, tried for an OST song.

The song was for the upcoming drama at KBS 2TV Romance Town. The song is titled, ‘Because my tears overflowed’ a sad ballad that shows Jessica’s new side.

This is remarkable as her participation for the OST is right after Tei, who was the finalist on Opera Star 2011 on tvN.

The song ‘Because my tears overflowed’ is getting much attention as this is Jessica’s first OST trial and this is an image transformation and accentuated her beautiful vocals.

Among the staff, it is said, Jessica recorded the song very well, with full of the sad tone. Her unique voice and the sad ballad exemplified the theme of the song.

The song is to be heard from the third episode that will be broadcasted on the 18th.

Meanwhile, the drama Romance Town is a top news as Sung Yu Ri, Jung Keo Yun and other tops stars are appearing. However, Sung Yu Ri’s transformation into a tough maidservant is what is people looking forward the most.

Source Nate by Ye Sul

Source: en.korea.com

Romance Town: Episode 2

Source: dramabeans

Archived