2011 The JYP USA Audition Tour

Guest Tteokguk

Guest Shaiza90

Everything was great. I was so nervous...it was my first time. My head just blacked out when I was singing haha.

Definitely an awesome experience. They let you sing for a long time. Don't let others fool you. Go with your most confident routine.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest katty28

Anyone know how the NYC auditions went? I'm a bit nervous for my brother who went to audition.

This is a bit nerve wrecking. :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

It's really not that bad! I mean I arrived at 8:40 and there was already a line when the auditions started at 10. We all went in and i was a walk-in so I had to register there and i was number H-13..they took us to a  waiting room where we waited to be called. I must admit that i was nervous but i wasn't losing my mind or anything like that. Then they called me in at 11:15ish (so i advise you to get there early if you want to get called in early!) with 9 other people. Most of the people in my group sang. They surprisingly let me sing for 45 seconds..and that's what i pretty much prepared for because i kept seeing other comments that said that they cut people off at 20-30 seconds in other auditions (they only cut one person in my group for 20 seconds). You have to stand on the "T" mark and start. I was so excited that i forgot i was nervous so it went well ^^..GOOD LUCK! and do your best :D

Everyone should know that, this is an awesome experience to take and it might also be a one in a lifetime experience! So don't waste this chance! If you want to audition then go for it, nothing is going to stand in the way of this, and throw the word "nerve wrecking" out the window right now, if you feel nervous it's only going to hold back that spark of talent that is inside every single one of us, so perform like you've never performed before, feel free, relaxed and also you have to have fun to enjoy this experience! Don't hold anything back as it might turn around the corner and bite you in the butt :D So practice hard and it's all going to be worth it whether you make it or not, because you've had the experience and you can do anything :D As long as you keep dreaming.

Guest reiche

@Alphabetical : Oh yeah, it was May 28 haha! By the way, what's your number during the Vancouver auditions?

Guest halwaysim

Hey guys.

Only got a few moments to write this so it's going to be quick.

Some of you may remember my name from a thread I made a while back about being in an entertainment company. My production contract with them ended so I decided to try out for JYP. (For people who has many questions unanswered from my other thread, I apologize. Due to my manager finding out about the thread and me sharing stuff I wasn't supposed to, they were quite angry. They also said, "IF YOU HAVE TIME TO GO ON THESE SITES, YOU SHOULD BE PRACTICING!" So if you have questions, MSG me here on Soompi!)

Now for the JYP Audition. I went to the NYC Audition yesterday. Here is the rundown.

If you have pre-registered, the number that you guys get has NOTHING to do with the order of your audition. It merely acts as a ID number for your audition...HOWEVER, it will allow you to get into the building faster than the walk-ins.

Now, once you get into the building and wait for another 30-45 minutes, you will be brought into a smaller room with a TV inside so that you can wait. Then they start to call out people 10 at a time.

You then wait outside the audition room and once the group that is audition finishes, your group will go in.

Once inside the first person of your group will begin right away. While some people get to since for less than 20 seconds, they really try to let everyone finish.

Here is something that no one has written about yet!

They will tell people about call backs on the spot! Once everyone was done and asked to leave, one of the judges walked up to me and asked me to stay behind. We talked about some procedural stuff and then they told me to come back at 4pm.

Sorry to be frank but, I was the only one that was there at 4.

They brought me into an audition room different from the first one and proceeded to ask me some questions on camera. Then they took some pictures of me and then asked me to sing two songs. As I was being dismissed from the room, they told me I would be contacted by July 10th if they wanted me.

On my way out, I got to talk to one the judges. I asked her if similar to that in Korea, would there be a high possibility of no one being accepted during the span of the international auditions. She said that it was very likely. However, If JYP feels that they would like to accept more people, then they will go through the tapes after the 10th and maybe call some people in for a second audition.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope that this has been of some help for everyone.

Peace out! 뿅!

Guest bubbleteaization

Was there a lot of people that auditioned?

there were a lot of people who auditioned but not as many that i thought there be

Oh? So cool... XD How do you think you did? What did you audition for?

eh i think i did pretty bad since i screwed up my dance. i only got to dance for like 25-26 seconds :( lol

Guest eatsleepfun

Me and my friends went in at 1 pm walk ins and we waited 6 hours just to sing for 10 seconds, we were toward the last batch

and the judges already got tired of hearing everyone sing >__>

Guest daehanee

So they really do just give people a chance to stay behind :/

A little disappointing, but whatever. I really thought I gave a good audition too, I sing quite decent and have looks that can catch quite the attention. I wonder why they didn't even give me a chance to hear me more :/

Not to sound arrogant or cocky, but I realistically believed that I had the potential.

Hmm....maybe this entertainment thing really just ain't my calling.

So they really do just give people a chance to stay behind :/

A little disappointing, but whatever. I really thought I gave a good audition too, I sing quite decent and have looks that can catch quite the attention. I wonder why they didn't even give me a chance to hear me more :/

Not to sound arrogant or cocky, but I realistically believed that I had the potential.

Hmm....maybe this entertainment thing really just ain't my calling.

^The time you arrive will effect the mood of the judges, and what I mean by this is:

If you arrive early the judges will have a fresh mood and a fresh mind (unless something bad happened), and if they're happy and ready to go, they'll focus on you more.

If you're around the middle of the auditions then you have lower chances, as the judges start to loose interest, however if you're the last bunch of people the judges will give a little bit more hope into the last bunch and they'll pay that little bit more of attention upon each person who is auditioning.

Guest daehanee

But I'm thinking when it comes to talent, wouldn't it be a hit or miss?

Question, but would they still consider even without asking you to stay behind?

Perhaps hypothetically, that you were that good?

But I'm thinking when it comes to talent, wouldn't it be a hit or miss?

Question, but would they still consider even without asking you to stay behind?

Perhaps hypothetically, that you were that good?

^Nope, if they don't ask you to stay behind, then they have no interest in you, I know that sounds harsh but that's how all of the entertainment companies work in Korea and Asia.

Guest KRNnxt2U

Hey guys.

Only got a few moments to write this so it's going to be quick.

Some of you may remember my name from a thread I made a while back about being in an entertainment company. My production contract with them ended so I decided to try out for JYP. (For people who has many questions unanswered from my other thread, I apologize. Due to my manager finding out about the thread and me sharing stuff I wasn't supposed to, they were quite angry. They also said, "IF YOU HAVE TIME TO GO ON THESE SITES, YOU SHOULD BE PRACTICING!" So if you have questions, MSG me here on Soompi!)

Now for the JYP Audition. I went to the NYC Audition yesterday. Here is the rundown.

If you have pre-registered, the number that you guys get has NOTHING to do with the order of your audition. It merely acts as a ID number for your audition...HOWEVER, it will allow you to get into the building faster than the walk-ins.

Now, once you get into the building and wait for another 30-45 minutes, you will be brought into a smaller room with a TV inside so that you can wait. Then they start to call out people 10 at a time.

You then wait outside the audition room and once the group that is audition finishes, your group will go in.

Once inside the first person of your group will begin right away. While some people get to since for less than 20 seconds, they really try to let everyone finish.

Here is something that no one has written about yet!

They will tell people about call backs on the spot! Once everyone was done and asked to leave, one of the judges walked up to me and asked me to stay behind. We talked about some procedural stuff and then they told me to come back at 4pm.

Sorry to be frank but, I was the only one that was there at 4.

They brought me into an audition room different from the first one and proceeded to ask me some questions on camera. Then they took some pictures of me and then asked me to sing two songs. As I was being dismissed from the room, they told me I would be contacted by July 10th if they wanted me.

On my way out, I got to talk to one the judges. I asked her if similar to that in Korea, would there be a high possibility of no one being accepted during the span of the international auditions. She said that it was very likely. However, If JYP feels that they would like to accept more people, then they will go through the tapes after the 10th and maybe call some people in for a second audition.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope that this has been of some help for everyone.

Peace out! 뿅!

Hi!

I had read your past thread about you signing with a Korean company already.

Did they allow you to audition in the U.S.? (I'm just wondering cuz I heard some companies forbid you from auditioning again)

And did you audition for JYP just for fun then?

thanks!

Hi!

I had read your past thread about you signing with a Korean company already.

Did they allow you to audition in the U.S.? (I'm just wondering cuz I heard some companies forbid you from auditioning again)

And did you audition for JYP just for fun then?

thanks!

^Some companies have walk in auditions in the U.S and some of them have email auditions for the U.S so most of the time yes, I've never seen a company that forbids you to audition over again .___. only if you're absolutely terrible they'll stop you.

Guest honey520

So。。  im just gonna write a quick thing of what happened to me... i went to the building at 8 something waited til l10 got in etcetc auditioned it was really fast..

i had this awesome routine ready etcetc... all the good stuff... BUTT..

MY CD DIDNT WORK..

so they asked if it was ok they played a random song and i said ok..

when the music started.. my heart dropped .. i didnt recgonized the song -_-

but i basically freestyled.. and i got about 55 seconds to a minute..

but yea.. WOW.. i feel like a failure.. =_=

anyway.. thank god i knew a guy in my group and i later asked him about the song name

and around where i stopped.. so basically yea ..

So。。  im just gonna write a quick thing of what happened to me... i went to the building at 8 something waited til l10 got in etcetc auditioned it was really fast..

i had this awesome routine ready etcetc... all the good stuff... BUTT..

MY CD DIDNT WORK..

so they asked if it was ok they played a random song and i said ok..

when the music started.. my heart dropped .. i didnt recgonized the song -_-

but i basically freestyled.. and i got about 55 seconds to a minute..

but yea.. WOW.. i feel like a failure.. =_=

anyway.. thank god i knew a guy in my group and i later asked him about the song name

and around where i stopped.. so basically yea ..

^Ahh, nice I've always wanted to hear what a dancer's audition is like :D I'm going to audition as well as a dancer, and I don't really want to do a choreographed dance...so I'll just say, "I'll show you my dancing ability through freestyling :D" Cause I freestyling and some how I got really good at it, so my strong point in dancing is freestyle :P We should have a battle on Youtube :D

And what song did they play? Were you auditioning in the US? Was the song Disturbia by Rihana or Low by Flo Rida? 

Thanks for answering questions cause I'm very curious :D

Guest CryoDragon1994

^Nope, if they don't ask you to stay behind, then they have no interest in you, I know that sounds harsh but that's how all of the entertainment companies work in Korea and Asia.

I don't totally agree with that. Although chances of getting in may be slim to none, I think there's a chance some people's tapes will be looked over again later on.

And to say that they have no interest in you is too harsh. They may be interested in you and recognize your talent, but not ask you to stay back for whatever reason. I believe the people who are asked to stay after are those whom they are positive about wanting to see more of.

If that was totally the case, saying you'd get a call by the 17th if they want to see you again would be a lie. Then they might as well have said "If you don't get asked to stay after, just give up."

The judges are only human and they might not see in people what JYP himself would. That's why I think there is still that small chance.

I don't totally agree with that. Although chances of getting in may be slim to none, I think there's a chance some people's tapes will be looked over again later on.

And to say that they have no interest in you is too harsh. They may be interested in you and recognize your talent, but not ask you to stay back for whatever reason. I believe the people who are asked to stay after are those whom they are positive about wanting to see more of.

If that was totally the case, saying you'd get a call by the 17th if they want to see you again would be a lie. Then they might as well have said "If you don't get asked to stay after, just give up."

The judges are only human and they might not see in people what JYP himself would. That's why I think there is still that small chance.

^Sorry about sounding super harsh! I didn't really mean it, and I can see you got what I was trying to say :P 

But you're right if they don't ask you to stay behind it doesn't mean they don't want you, it just means that they have a more positive feeling about the people who did got asked to stay behind, because they'll watch every single audition video, and they'll call you if they're interested to see you again, but most of the time you have to be really good just to pass the second round of auditions. 

And again, sorry about that.

Guest CryoDragon1994

^Sorry about sounding super harsh! I didn't really mean it, and I can see you got what I was trying to say :P 

But you're right if they don't ask you to stay behind it doesn't mean they don't want you, it just means that they have a more positive feeling about the people who did got asked to stay behind, because they'll watch every single audition video, and they'll call you if they're interested to see you again, but most of the time you have to be really good just to pass the second round of auditions. 

And again, sorry about that.

Haha no need to be sorry =)

I did get what you were saying. But maybe what you said originally came from losing hope?

I was discouraged at first when I wasn't asked to stay behind. But I'm a positive thinker and I always keep the faith (JYJ <3 haha).

So on the bright side, if you weren't asked to stay behind and get a call anyway, that means JYP asked for you himself!

Stay strong and keep fighting! If it's your dream, losing hope can't even be an option.

Haha no need to be sorry =)

I did get what you were saying. But maybe what you said originally came from losing hope?

I was discouraged at first when I wasn't asked to stay behind. But I'm a positive thinker and I always keep the faith (JYJ <3 haha).

So on the bright side, if you weren't asked to stay behind and get a call anyway, that means JYP asked for you himself!

Stay strong and keep fighting! If it's your dream, losing hope can't even be an option.

^Haha, it's funny how you said, "...loosing hope", How can I possibly loose hope if I originally never auditioned :P I'm planning to audition for SM Entertainment by the end of the year, and whether I make it or not I don't really care, because I had the chance to audition and I'll be proud :D

I'm wondering how would you reply to these type of questions if asked by a judge?

"Why do you want to be a singer/dancer/actor?"

"How would you feel if you didn't get accepted?"

"Are you proud of your own body shape?"

"Are you proud of your own looks?"

"Out of all the other companies why did you choose SM Entertainment?"

"What do you hope to achieve here?"

I would answer like this:

Why do you want to be a singer/dancer/actor? : I want to be a dancer as it has helped me change the way I am and I hope to become a dancer, because it's what I enjoy to do and it's my passion.

How would you feel if you didn't get accepted?: I wouldn't really mind but I feel sorry for my parents who had to pay for my flight here and for the flight back and they would be quite upset to use this amount of money for me to get a chance to do what I want and failed.

Are you proud of your own body shape?: Right now all I can say is, I looked better than before, and I want to further improve the shape of my body into a more fit and healthier build.

Are you proud of your own looks?: My face has no defects so I'm pretty proud of myself, but I can't be sure it'll stay this way.

Out of all the other companies why did you choose SM Entertainment?: I chose SM Entertainment, because I believe that it'll greatly improve my field of profession faster and it'll help me get those results which I don't believe the other companies can achieve, and the other reason is, because if SM Entertainment gets results.

What do you hope to achieve here?: I hope to achieve this chance to become an SM Entertainment Trainee so I can take that one step that would forever change my life, I want to achieve a goal in life so great that I will feel that up to know all the hard work I have put in is worth it and I hope to become a more better person and also a role model for the world.

I know all of my answers sound cheesy as hell but hey, it's what I would say, and it's all the truth :D Throw some questions at me and I'll answer them :D

Guest jaxije22

I auditioned in NYC too, and after reading other people's experiences I noticed that people are like leaving out the photographer.

There was a guy who talked to the judge after all the auditions and then he would come out and ask to take certain people's pictures. These people happened to be really really good in my audition group. Don't think that is a coincidence. So even if you were not called back that day there is probably a bigger chance for someone if you got your picture taken.

Overall it was super fun and thank god it was well organized! It didn't take as long as I thought. I was there around 930am and left at noon.

Archived