Jennylyn Mercado: Filipino Actress/singer

Guest kris_argee

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest badie

hello!i have sumthin to share...i dont know if you have seen these already, but i find them really nice!

im also a big fan of Won Bin and it wud be sumthin really2x great if he wud be paired with Jen, someday, who knows?hehe...miracles do happen.

Laominzi of pex made these fanarts. :)

FRIENDS02.jpg

Jen is with Dennis Trillo in this banner, her co-star in Super Twins

cityofangelsfanart.jpg

Guest badie

i have also some good news to share...the movie "Moments of Love" is chosen as one of the finalists of the 2007 New York Film Awards..Jen sang the theme song with Janno Gibbs...that wud mean american film critics have already heard her voice.hope they like it. :D

anyways, here is the music video...

Moments of Love

Guest kris_argee

i have also some good news to share...the movie "Moments of Love" is chosen as one of the finalists of the 2007 New York Film Awards..Jen sang the theme song with Janno Gibbs...that wud mean american film critics have already heard her voice.hope they like it. :D

anyways, here is the music video...

Moments of Love

wow thanks for sharing the news...i wish "Eternity" was chosen too...

Guest kris_argee

from Total Girl Magazine March 2007 issue

1. How does it feel to star in another teleserye?

Any work I welcome wholeheartedly and am very much excited for every project. Super Twins is another first for me as it’s very different from my previous television projects.

2. What’s the story of Super Twins about?

Like most action/adventure flicks, Super Twins will evolve around the battle of good and evil. What makes it different from the others is how the battle will take place. It’s the story of two young mortal twins given super powers through a pair rings. When they kiss their rings, they transform into super heroes, that’s me and Nadine. We then fight out with the bad guys and struggle to make good win. Of course the plot will be made thicker by twists and inter-relations between the mortal and the fantasy worlds.

3. What’s your character like?

I play the super hero counterpart of Nicole. In the story, Nicole is your typical seven-year-old. She’s playful and adventurous and very curious. She goes around discovering things and get into trouble at times, but she’s kind-hearted and very loving. Put those kiddy traits into a super hero with superb martial arts abilities and you get … me!

4. Any similarities between you and your character?

Quite a lot. You see, I haven’t gotten over my child-likeness even if I’m already turning 20 this year. I love joking around my family and friends. When something catches my interest, I’m one who would badger you with questions until I get what I want to know. I am not very adventurous but my work has opened possibilities for me for which I am very grateful.

5. Did you have to go through training, workshops or classes before taking on your new role?

Yes, extensively. I’ve been doing martial arts training for my previous movie project and that carried on Super Twins. I had the chance to do a little gymnastics, arnis, capoera and even taekwondo. From what I gather, trainings and workshops will still continue as we tape for the series, of course we will need to excite the audience with new and more challenging stunts as the show goes along.

6. What’s a usual day when taping for Super Twins?

I get up early to be on the set, don my costume then get to work. Every taping day is different, it’s learning something new about each character and about each person I work with. I keep a positive attitude with work so I actually look forward to getting on the set and have the cameras rolling.

7. What’s the biggest challenge, so far, in playing your role?

The stunts. There’s always the fear or breaking a bone, or breaking your neck. I just look at it as if I were playing, so I have fun. Plus I get motivation from our director and my fellow artists, they encourage me to deliver as best I can.

8. How’s it like working with Nadine?

I’ve known Nadine since our Starstruck days. We get along well even before so I don’t have any qualms in working with her, or the rest of the cast for that matter. Though we weren’t really the closest of friends among our batch, I’m thankful that we have this chance to work together and hopefully establish a deeper friendship.

9. Who are you closest with on the set?

No one in particular, I get along well with everyone. Of course there’s Nadine who I shoot most of my scenes with. Patrick is a good friend. I’ve worked with Dennis in another series before so we basically know each other’s working style already. I have nothing bad to say about the other members of the cast, they’re all very professional and I learn a lot from them, even from the kids.

10. What do you do in between takes while on location?

I hang out with the other cast members. I like listening to their stories and sharing stories with them, I get inspired and I learn a lot. When fans visit me on the set I mingle with them, they’re all fun to be with. If I find a quiet place I either listen to music to relax and catch up on rest or I do some reading, advance browsing of scripts either for the next scenes or for other projects or stuff I need to review for when I go back to school.

11. What would be your dream role, either in the movies or in TV?

I’ve always wondered how challenging it would be to play a retardate. The roles I get are glamorous, for lack of a better term. Even the poor characters I play are decent and neat. To play a retardate would require me to strip off the glamour and really be in character. I think that would really be a test to my acting abilities.

12. Would you rather sing or act? Why?

That’s a difficult question. I love doing both and I am thankful that I get the chance to do both in very good projects or assignments.

13. Who would you love to have a date with and why?

I don’t know. My current crush is John Cena. Yes, the wrestler. But I like him more as a rapper. I don’t know though if I can pull off having a date with him, I’ll be dumbfounded.

14. What’s your favorite song in all your albums and why?

Can I give two? From my latest album, Letting Go, I like I’d Still Say Yes and Devil In Disguise. Apart from the songs’ message, I love the arrangement of these two songs. I was honestly challenged while recording. You have to listen to these two songs, you’ll understand what I mean.

15. If you weren’t a singer or an actress, what would you be?

A student, nearing graduation from college. I used to want to take up Tourism because I want to go places. Then I though of taking up Business Management because it seemed more practical. Now I feel I have the knack for fashion design because I love altering my clothes and I’m so into the latest trends in fashion.

16. Any advice for those who want to start up in show business?

Don’t lose touch of who you really are and the people and things that you should really value. Show business is very overwhelming, while it is very difficult it is also very rewarding. The best reward is that as you end each day you know your worth as a person, and that has nothing to do with what you’ve accomplished but how you’ve been true to yourself and good to others.

17. What’s the best ting about being in show business?

Learning. You meet a lot of people and you do lots of things. Along the way you pick up bits and pieces of knowledge that teach you and make you grow as a person.

18. Do you have any lucky charms or rituals before going on stage?

None, I just pray then I give it my best shot.

19. How would you describe your mom and dad?

My adoptive parents both took good care of me as best they can. Part of the reason why I work hard is to at least give them the comfort they deserve now that they’re both aging and some health problems are starting to manifest. I don’t have any contact with my birth mother. My birth father is from whom I got my artistry, he’s a very good musician.

20. How do you stay in touch with friends?

We exchange text messages a lot, call each other quite often. When I have spare time I hang out with them. We go malling, watch movies, sing, or just hang out updating each other with tons of stories.

21. Who is your best friend and what are your favorite things to do when you two are together?

Her name is Nice and we’ve been friends for a number of years now, ever since I started taking voice lessons in her family’s music school even before I entered show business. Apart from the regular stuff I do with my other cliques, Nice and I do fun stuff together! We shop, have our nails done, clown around when we hang out, and we both love to sing.

22. What is your favorite book of all time?

I must admit I’m not so much into reading. The books I’ve finished are actually devotionals, one was given to me by a fan two years ago and I would read an entry a day for spiritual nourishment. The latest one I have was given by a fellow actress in the last series I worked on, that one’s really inspiring.

23. Favorite actress and actor, either local or international?

I can’t single out anyone at the moment, it’s been quite a while since I got to watch a film and really appreciate the actors’ performance. I might not do justice describing what I like in an artist if I give out a name so I’d rather pass on this question for now.

24. Favorite food and drink?

I can’t think of any. There are times I crave for a particular food and it would be ok to eat it repeatedly. I like pizza, chicken, salad and local kakanins. As for drink, anything non-alcoholic, I really don’t want alcoholic beverages.

25. What do you do in your free time?

Rest. I can never get enough. I also take the time to do some personal stuff like going to the parlor or visiting my dentist or my doctors, I do some shopping or just leisurely walking around the mall. If my friends’ free schedule coincides with mine we hang out. Lately I’ve been wanting to go back to school so I also do some readings, relearning my high school subjects.

26. What kind of music do you listen to?

Favorite artist as of the moment? Various. I have over 5,000 songs in my laptop and my iPOD from every genre you could possibly think of. I just love music. My current playlist includes tracks from Patti Austin, Beyonce Knowles, Tamia, Nyoy Volante, Craig David, Nina, Arnee Hidalgo, Enya … it’s really a wide array.

27. What are your favorite songs as of the moment?

I like Patti Austin’s If I Believe, Nyoy Volante’s Hay, Jessica Simpson’s A Public Affair, Nina’s Someday, Arnee Hidalgo’s version of What Might Have Been, Michael Buble’s revivals, Sitti’s bosa nova music, and plenty others!

28. What do you like watching on TV and why?

Reality shows. I don’t know, but it’s fun seeing how people react to certain situations, as if they aren’t being caught on camera. Sometimes I look back at what I did when I was in a reality show myself, or I think of how I would be reacting if I were in their situations.

29. Which local celebrity did you meet who made you feel star struck?

I won’t name anyone because I totally get star struck with every artist I meet for the first time. Funny that I see lots of celebrities almost every day at work but I just can’t get used to it. Deep inside, I’m still a fan, and I think I always will be.

30. Most embarrassing moment?

Still that bra-peeping incident in my interview for Starstruck. Major yikes! The slips and the bloopers I can laugh at but that one still gets me pink when I’m reminded of it.

31. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?

This may sound melodramatic but it’s the genuine friendship I have with people. In the industry I am in it’s difficult to find people who will be true to you and whom you can trust. I’m happy to have those people.

32. Any beauty regimen?

None really. I just make sure my face is free of make-up and my body clean before I go to bed.

33. What’s one hobby or talent that you want to learn?

I started learning to play the drums. I can actually make music with it already but I want to develop that further. It would also be nice to learn more and new pieces with my guitar. I wonder if I’ll ever get to learning how to read notes so I could also play the piano, I have a keyboard at home.

34. How were you like as a preteen?

Just a regular girl who hang out with her friends in school. I didn’t go out much, my daily itinerary would only be between the house and school. I was boyish, I fought with the boys who bullied my girlfriends. I would challenge them to fist fights, thank God none of them gave in.

35. What’s one thing you wished you knew when you were 9 to 12 years old?

I can’t think of any. I wish I knew more in school so I would have graduated grade school with better grades and be more encouraged to do good in high school. If that were the case I would have been more motivated to finish high school first before getting active in show business. But then again, it would have been more difficult had I missed out on the opportunity to be where I am today. So I just make the most of what I have now and hopefully, still have the chance to finish my studies.

credits to: mia + jennylynm.blogspot.com

Guest badie

wow it's cool that her movie is a finalist for such movie awards.

sorry but i think you've misunderstood me.it was not really her movie;she only sang the theme song. :)

anyways, accdg to some press release, Jen is currently filming an independent movie entitled Angel.It's a trilogy and her leading man is Patrick Garcia..exciting! :D

Guest badie

yup, it's iza calsado's movie. too bad i wasn't able to watch it..tsk,tsk...

but i do love Jen's movie "Blue Moon"...one of the most romantic films i have seen.though i don't like her partner there, not anymore.

bluemoon.jpg

Guest kris_argee

Cosmopolitan magazine finds a fun, fearless female in Jennylyn Mercado!

untitled-3.jpg

Jennylyn Mercado talks to Cosmopolitan magazine about being life's ultimate survivor.

by Ingrid Villafuerte Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Jennylyn Mercado, after winning the StarStruck Batch 1's Ultimate Female Survivor title in 2004, has so far starred in over 25 movies and TV shows. She is currently one of the lead stars of GMA-7's primetime series "Super Twins." On top of her movie and TV projects, she was able to release two albums: Living The Dream (2004) and Letting Go (2006).

It's hard to find someone who doesn't know Jennylyn Mercado. Catapulted to fame after being named the Ultimate Survivor of Starstruck's first season, Jennylyn has since become a household name and one of the hottest young actresses in showbiz today.

This March, Jennylyn sits down with Cosmopolitan magazine to share her stories of survival. She refuses to talk about the traumatic childhood that left her physically and emotionally battered, saying, "Hindi ko na maalala ‘yung mga nasa isip ko n'ung mga panahon na ‘yun at di ko na rin iniisip ‘yung mga pangyayaring ‘yun."

She has since buried the hatchet and moved on with her life, especially after her aunt Lydia Mercado legally adopted and raised her. "Okay na ako basta andiyan lang mommy ko," she shares.

Mommy Lydia was also present that afternoon when Cosmo shot Jennylyn for their cover. In a shoot that required three outfits instead of the usual two, Jennylyn struck the Cosmo staff as quiet but responsive. "It was a fast shoot," says Red de Leon, art director of Cosmopolitan Magazine, "She was very cooperative and easy to work with, and of course, maganda na kasi talaga siya." Editorial assistant Joanne Go agrees, "Hindi siya maarte at all."

Keeping things real has contributed to Jennylyn's staying power, because while winning in StarStruck made her entry into showbiz much easier, the ride did not prove to be smooth sailing all the way. Plagued by intrigues left and right, Jennylyn has learned to shrug these off. "Hindi ko na lang sila pinapansin, tutal hindi naman sila totoo," she says.

Find out more about the challenges Jennylyn has survived by grabbing your copy of the March issue of Cosmopolitan Magazine, now available in all leading bookstores and magazine stands nationwide at P125 per copy.

credits to: jennylynm.blogspot.com

Archived