Jennylyn Mercado: Filipino Actress/singer

Guest kris_argee

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kris_argee

fdsgsrt.jpg

Jennylyn Mercado is Maxim’s New Year cover girl

Jennylyn Mercado declares that she’s ‘ready to be sexy.’ And that’s exactly what she is on the cover—and inside pages—of the January issue of Maxim magazine. Fresh from the success of the Metro Manila Film Festival entry Super Noypi, Jennylyn is definitely in for a great year. Besides the 15-hour Maxim pictorial shoot, which immediately became news just a few days after the grueling shoot, she is all set to star in her new fantasy/drama show.

In the interview done by her Super Noypi director Quark Henares, Jennylyn admits she was hesitant at first about appearing in the sexy magazine. "I was nervous about not being able to do justice to the clothes—or the lack of it," she said.

For Maxim, getting Mercado from her home network, to agree to the shoot was a definite coup. The former Starstruck winner had consistently turned down offers from the other men’s titles to have her on their cover. Plus Maxim is published by the magazine unit of ABS-CBN, also made the decision all the more newsworthy.

But the network wars never seemed to have played a decision for the young actress. Apart from Henares doing the interview, the shoot was handled by cinematographer Lyle Sacris, whom she had worked with before.

Maxim is available in all bookstores and newsstands nationwide.

Guest kris_argee

Teenage Mutant Ninja Pinoy-style

By Philip Cu-Unjieng

The Philippine Star 01/12/2007

Regal Entertainment’s Super Noypi makes no bones about its provenance. It’s Mutant territory, Filipino-style, via X-Men and Fantastic Four; with an opening sequence that has a futuristic world that aims to remind us of Blade Runner. Quark Henares directs the film, and with a GP rating, it’s Regal’s potent challenger for the family fare gate receipts of the recently-concluded Metro Manila Film Festival. Having said that, let’s recognize that films such as X-Men, Spiderman and other US blockbuster summer fare rely on their special effects and CGIs (Computer Generated Images), as much as they do on credible storylines and strong portrayals. The human side and perpetual identity crises of these superheroes often have to do with fitting in with the rest of society, and how their powers are also what make normal people shun or fear them. This freakish element adds pathos to these characters, and allows us adults to still find these films engrossing beyond the effects.

With Super Noypi, the emphasis is on sheer entertainment and storyline. Lia (Jennylyn Mercado) comes back from the future, hoping to change the fate of this future world, ruled by a dictatorial and totalitarian super-villain, Diego (Monsour del Rosario). Enlisting the help of a bunch of teenage kids, who at the start of the film, are unaware that they are the progeny of a band of do-gooders who possess super powers; Lia galvanizes the group of Lorenzo (Mark Herras), Annys (Katrina Halili), Ynigo (John Prats), Euen (Polo Ravales), Michie (Sandara Park) and Tonton (Andrew Muhlach) to take a stand against evil and save their parents in the process. They discover their individual powers, and in the case of one of them, her own revelatory provenance.

Whatever can be said about the sound quality and lighting of the print I watched, you can’t fault the people behind the film on the enthusiasm they brought to the project. Inevitably, the special effects leave a little bit to be desired; I didn’t like the "wings" that sprouted on our heroes, and perhaps some more effective "cleaning up" of the CGIs could have helped make the film seem more realistic and seamless. On the acting side, I would have to give my nods to Jennylyn and John Prats for adding more fire to their portrayals. Jennylyn seems to really throw herself into her characters, and that augurs well for her acting future. Mark has to move forward from being exclusively an Eyebrow Actor (no, not Highbrow). He is a potent presence, but the moment lines have to be delivered, and emoting beyond the "intense stare" is required, he falters. Sandara’s perpetual "This is the Real Krungkrung Me" School of Acting is also in need of revision. I also wondered why with such veteran and tested artists playing the parents of our teenage superheroes, there were such listless performances submitted. The essence of a film such as this has to be the "over the top" quality of all the portrayals (See ZsaZsa Zaturnnah, which got a very deserved ‘A’ rating).

I think the kids will definitely enjoy the film, but for Quark to have turned this into his own Christopher Nolan/Bryan Singer definitive superhero film, we’ll have to wait and see if that’s achieved in the inevitable part two. Super Noypi certainly has the potential to become a successful "franchise film."

Guest kris_argee

Oh please...its ABS-CBN who is sinking...and its sinking fast.

One of the most admirable things about Jennylyn is how LOYAL she is.

I don't think any of u kapamilyucks understand that concept.

OMG I luv Jennylyn...

Watch her KTEXT here

They said mahal kita to each other...but they aren't OFFICIALLY on.

LOL I pretty much own all of Jennylyn's movies...I can't wait for Super Noypi tocome out.

it's called FANATXT not KTEXT. KTEXT is from abs-cbn :D

me too, i can't wait for Super Noypi dvd to come out. although the movie received poor reviews, Jen's acting is a must see.

Guest kris_argee

For Your Eyes Only

MANILA STANDARD January 17, 2007

(G. Libarios)

g011707_a.gif

In an attempt to keep up with the tough competition, Jennylyn Mercado has finally give in and posed for the men's magazine. After what seemed like an eternity, the Starstruck Season 1's Female Survivor said Yes to Maxim's magazine's offer to be its cover girl.

Although many young female stars have done it before her, Jennylyn's stint still caused a stir in the industry. Very rarely do stars accept offers that come from a competing network, let alone GMA's biggest foe in the ratings game.

But we can't ignore the fact that Jennylyn looked good in the photographs. The magazine has become a welcome distraction to male and female readers, especially Jen's fans across the Philippines. It's not everyday they see a young star, who's supposedly has a wholesome image, do something daring. Now they can stop daydreaming about Jennylyn and what she would look like if she wore a very reaveling outfit.

Guest foxydgreat

ei guys, its confirmed!!

as wat jen said sa interview ña knina sa 24 oras, (though not directly)

dat wat we saw in startalk specialy in sfiles is a CONFORMATION of her ROMANTIC relationship w/ Patrick Garcia.. its jaz dat dey dont wana elavorate it furthermore, for somehow kept some privacy 4 deyr relationship, dey wana keep it nlng sana 4 dem but den, dey cannot hide it any longer.. given a chance, dey jaz wana kip it in public dat dey dont want pipol to tink dat dey jaz might b using deyr relationship 4 d promotion of super twins..

jen said dat shes ready to answer those questions from reporters bout her relatioship w/ pat, but w/ limitation.. she dont wana kip an open buk again about her luv lyf. dat wat had happened to her nd mark will not happen again w/ patrick.. u know.. those humors.. d tsismis ever dat cause deyr break up..

so let jaz give it to PATRICK nd JENNYLYN..

Guest foxydgreat

frm BULGAR.. OGHIE IGNACIO 01/16/07

Ingat na ingat c Jennylyn Mercado sa bracelet na ibinigay sa kanya ng guwapong aktor na si Patrick Garcia bago matapos ang taong 2006. Ibig lng sabihin ay nahulog na ng tuluyan ang kanyang loob sa huli.

Pero sa tuwing uusisain c Jennylyn ng sinumang reporter at consistent siya sa pagsasabing wala pa clang commitment ni Patrick at never pa ña itong cnasagot sa panliligaw skanya. Kaya ng di na siya makapalag ng sabihan ni Patrick ng " mahal kita " sa S-Files na tumbok na ng mag reporters ang totoong nama2gitan sa kanilang dalawa.

Sa kasalukuyan, halatang very happy sina Jennylyn at Patrick. Sana nga'y tumagal pa ang relasyon nila nang maraming taon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

frm BULGAR: ROLDAN CASTRO 01/16/07

Naiintindihan na nmin ang mga kilos at galaw nina

Jennylyn Mercado at Patrick Garcia sa startalk. Hindi na tlga kailangang sabihin pa nila sa publiko na " OO, mag-on na kami ". Yung matagal na pananahimik nila at makahulugang pagtitinginan ay nangangahulugang "yes".

Alam nman ng mga malalapit sa dalawa na matagal na clang nagmamahalan. Ayaw lng nilang pagpistahan at pakialamanan ng ibang tao dahil baka intrigahin nnman cla.

Tama lng na ingatan nina Jen at Pat ang kanilang relasyon.

Guest kris_argee

Jennylyn is Maxim's January cover girl

Manila Bulletin

1/17/07

Jennylyn Mercado declares that she's "ready to be sexy." And that's exactly what she is on the cover-and inside pages-of the January issue of Maxim magazine. The Maxim pictorial,which immediately became news just a few days after the grueling shoot that took more than 15 hours to finish, Mercado is set to star in her new teleserye, Super Twins.

In the interview done by her Super Noypi director Quark Henares, Mercado admits she was hesitant at first about appearing in the sexy magazine. "I was nervous about not being able to do justice to the clothes-or the lack of it," she said.

For Maxim, getting Mercado-and her home network, GMA7-to agree to the shoot was a definite coup. The former Starstruck champion is possibly GMA 7's most protected talent and she had consistently turned down offers from the other men's titles to have her on their cover. That Maxim is published by the magazine unit of GMA 7's fierce rival, ABS-CBN, also made the decision all the more newsworthy.

But The network wars never seemed to have played a decision for Mercado, Besides, apart from Henares doing the interview, the shoot was handled by cinematographer Lyle sacris, whom Mercado had worked with before. "I was very comfortable," she said of the Maxim shoot.

credit: jennylynm.blogspot.com

ei guys, its confirmed!!

as wat jen said sa interview ña knina sa 24 oras, (though not directly)

dat wat we saw in startalk specialy in sfiles is a CONFORMATION of her ROMANTIC relationship w/ Patrick Garcia.. its jaz dat dey dont wana elavorate it furthermore, for somehow kept some privacy 4 deyr relationship, dey wana keep it nlng sana 4 dem but den, dey cannot hide it any longer.. given a chance, dey jaz wana kip it in public dat dey dont want pipol to tink dat dey jaz might b using deyr relationship 4 d promotion of super twins..

jen said dat shes ready to answer those questions from reporters bout her relatioship w/ pat, but w/ limitation.. she dont wana kip an open buk again about her luv lyf. dat wat had happened to her nd mark will not happen again w/ patrick.. u know.. those humors.. d tsismis ever dat cause deyr break up..

so let jaz give it to PATRICK nd JENNYLYN..

i hope that their relationship will last. it's about time for Jennylyn to be happy after what she have been through with Mark.

now that their relationship is out in the open, a negative issue has just come out. i've read in several entertainment news articles that Patrick and Mark threaten each other because of Jennylyn??? i hope it's not true *sigh*

wow!!

never heard of her but she must be really popular in the phillipines.

she's pretty.

yes she is very popular.

Guest kris_argee

A sweet reward for Jennylyn Mercado

By Bayani San Diego Jr.

Inquirer

Last updated 06:35pm (Mla time) 01/18/2007

Published on page G1 of the January 19, 2007 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

ORIGINALLY, THIS QUEZON CITY HOME looked too mannish for a singer-actress as dainty as Jennylyn Mercado.

“When I first moved in two years ago, the paint was black and white. There was a black leather sofa in the living room. Even the dining set was black,” she recounts.

It looked like a bachelor’s pad. “Too boring. So I decided to liven it up.”

With dispatch, she imbued the two-story home with a decidedly feminine touch. “I had the walls repainted apple green, lilac, yellow, orange and white.”

She didn’t hire a professional interior decorator and just relied on her instincts.

“I chose the furniture pieces and décor, with the help of my Mommy Lydia,” she says.

Her fans and friends also contributed pieces here and there.

The “photo mosaic” portrait in her bedroom is a gift from a loyal follower. “She also gifted me with a bed sheet emblazoned with my portrait.”

The ER Tagle painting in the living room is a Christmas gift from a friend to Mommy Lydia.

The white teddy bear that sits on the Yamaha drum set’s stool is a present from boyfriend and fellow Kapuso Patrick Garcia. The red stuffed toy dog on the bed is a Christmas gift from ka-love team and fellow “Starstruck” winner Mark Herras.

The home, she asserts, is sweet reward for all the sacrifices of the past three years.

Guardian Lydia is proud and happy that Jennylyn was able to invest in a house-and-lot at a young age. She had just turned 18 when she bought the place.

“She worked hard for this. After only three years in show biz, she has already achieved a lot,” Lydia quips, beaming.

“I save my earnings in the bank. I can really be thrifty. I don’t buy anything unless it’s very important,” she points out.

She has very few indulgences (namely, perfume and shoes) and insists that they’re tools of the trade.

She similarly makes fine use of her latest acquisitions —the guitar and drum set—in her music career, especially since she’s now trying her hand in songwriting.

“I’ve been playing the guitar since I was in first year high school. Now, my dad Noli (Pineda) is teaching me how to play the drums,” she relates.

Ah, she only asks the neighbors to be patient …

credits to: jennylynm.blogspot.com

hi kris.. its been a roller coaster ride bout pat_jen_mark issue!!!

i hope this issue will end

i also hope that mark's interview on startalk regarding the issue would be the last.and they would be able to realize that nobody has benefited with that controversy.

yet whatever happens, i still love Jen! :)

mercadojennylyn0710pm.jpg

Guest kris_argee

Kapuso pets

www.igma.tv

Article posted January 24, 2007

It isn't just kids and loved ones that get gifts from your favorite Kapuso celebrities. Often, these stars spoil everyone around them, including their pets! From specialty food to clothes to lavish toys, their cats and pooches are living in the lap of luxury.

If you've ever wondered what the stars’ biggest splurge on their pets are, wonder no more -- just read on and find out!

Gerald Santos: May dog ako, si Ashley, Labrador. 2 years old na siya. (Biggest splurge ko sa kanya is) pagkain tsaka shampoo niya. Di mo siya pwede pakainin ng kung ano-ano. Tapos yung shampoo niya, binibili ko pa sa pet shop.

Gabby Eigenmann: I have two dogs, one is a husky named Dakota, the other is a pug named Chandler. I took them shopping. I bought new stuff for them for grooming and food. I bought some clothes for them. I usually take them for walks and I let them go and they just roam around the park.

Dingdong Dantes: (I have) a Siberian Husky. Almost a year na siya. I named it Strider. I got him a trainer. Also, mabango na sabon!

Jennylyn Mercado: I have three dogs. Si Migs Chihuahua, si Wesley Shi Tzu, and si Blue Pomeranian. Monthly, or twice a month, sinisigurado ko na ipapa-grooming ko sila. Tapos check-up, tapos mahilig ako mamili ng accessories, clothes ng dogs, may mga costumes sila. So medyo expensive, kasi mga special stores for dogs, medyo may kamahalan ng konti.

Yasmien Kurdi: I have a Shih Tzu named Chito. Laging napapagupitan kasi buhok niya, laging nasa mata niya.

Lovi Poe: Actually I have a cat, Ochie. Persian cat. Basta very (particular) lang ako sa bed niya, gusto ko malinis lagi. Kasi maarte ‘yung cat na yun e.

Rhian Ramos: I have a doggie (named) Claw. She’s a Doberman. Dati kasi, I used to go to England (and) in England, people are really dog crazy. They have like, all these pet stores. I used to get the real cow bone filled with the marrow pa, I used to get like, four of those, and illegally sneak it into the country! No, no, it was legal back then! And I would get all the treats and like, dog chocolate! She loves it. And like, a week later, she’s like really round and fat, so cute.

Aicelle Santos: We have dogs. Mga lima sila. Isang Princess (Shih Tzu), Oña and Botchok (2 Pugs), Diana, isang Pomeranian, at saka ang aking best friend, si Jed Vaughn. Only male na dog. Si daddy nagpapa-grooming! Ako lang yung taga-laro!

Dennis Trillo: Mayroon kasi akong dalawang aso na iniwan ko sa bahay. Isang Max, a Beagle, at saka isang Labrador, si Coda. Hindi ako masyadong maarte, (I buy) mga toys lang nila.

Jay-R: Yeah, I have 8 dogs and 5 turtles and a couple fish. Mga damit (pero) ang mamahal! Yung Chihuahua ko lang (binibilhan ko). Spoiled yun, e!

Jolina Magdangal: Sa akin, 4 aso ko. Isang Pomeranian, si Fufu. Mayroon din akong isang Chihuahua si Chiquita, isang bigay ng Fanatxt, at isang regalo ng mommy at daddy ko si Colista. Si Cosmo pinaka-first. May stroller siya! Para sa mall, hindi siya sinisita-sita! Yung stroller na pang baby talaga na may paying, kulay pink, tapos mayroon siyang payong. Kulay pink. Nabili ko siya sa K-Mart (sa States)! Basta mga damit, accessories, tapos yung tuxedo na mga damit! Tuwing pupunta ako sa ibang bansa, ang una kong binibilhan ng gamit, si Cosmo. Lagi akong may uwi sa kaniya. Kahit na tipong necklace lang, ganoon.

Camille Prats: Yes! I love dogs! We have four dogs at home. Dalawang German Shepherds. The girl is Jackie and the guy is Boss. And then my two girls, the mini Schnauzer is Cassie and Mayorkie si Ashley. My mom’s very maarte. Naka-terno outfits sila everyday! Kasi the two small dogs are inside the house. The German Shepherds are outside. Pero wala silang damit. Nasisira yung gwapo look nila, e! The small dogs, may ipit pa sila.

Richard Gutierrez: Yeah, of course, I love animals. I have a Siberian Husky. I like them rough and rugged. Ayoko silang maporma. Grooming. More of grooming.

Isabel Oli: Si Evanne Chihuahua, bigay ni Pao (Contis). Ligo pa rin siya every week pero sponsored naman e! Canine Couture sa Tiendesitas. Kay Direk Mike.

Paolo Contis: I have two French Bulldogs. Adan and Moses. My newest one, yung English Bulldog si Pirani. Si Valentino yung Pomeranian. Si Dondon yung ahas ko, si Frankie, yung Chihuahua ko. Regular grooming (silang lahat). Ano lang sila sa food, magastos, of course, I want the best. So expensive food, nice cages, weekly nasa doctor.

Desiree Del Valle: I have two dogs. I have a chocolate lab, Le Bron, like Le Bron James. And then the other one is a Siberian Husky, si Lazlo. Dati (I used to dress them up) when they were smaller, but now they're really big. Pero ang ultimate talaga na sobrang magastos yung sa vet. Deworm, rabies, sa heart din, kasi since ang Pilipinas daw masyadong malamok, so kailangan may tinuturok or something. So binigay ko sa kanila yun, just to be safe.

credits: jennylynm.blogspot.com

Archived