Jennylyn Mercado: Filipino Actress/singer

Guest kris_argee

Guest kris_argee

i also hope that mark's interview on startalk regarding the issue would be the last.and they would be able to realize that nobody has benefited with that controversy.

yet whatever happens, i still love Jen! :)

mercadojennylyn0710pm.jpg

wow! Jennylyn looks so different here.

this is from the GMA Artist Center 2007 Calendar right?

hi kris.. jaz wana ask f ders a photo attached in dat inquirer interview?!!

no i didn't see any photos from that article.

maybe there was from the newspaper.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kris_argee

Putting more premium on relationships

By: Becky Aguila

BECKY SPEAKS

WE just got this from the e-mail. Just a reaction from a concerned friend named Katie Lopez. Read on:

Just when Jennylyn Mercado decides to keep her personal relationship private, circumstances don’t go by her whim. First, there was Patrick Garcia’s on-air declaration of love. A week later, both Jennylyn and Patrick are put on-the-spot, their deafening silence perceived as confirmation of the special bond they tried to keep secret. Barely a week after, Jennylyn is yet again caught in another web of intrigue - the alleged rift between ex-boyfriend Mark Herras and current beau Patrick Garcia.

On January 18, I was surprised to read interviews of Mark saying he and Jennylyn had a friendly banter that was brought to Patrick’s attention thus causing Patrick to challenge Mark to a fist fight & threaten him with his life.

Known to be a quiet person, it seemed unlike Patrick to do what he’s being accused of. So what’s a girl in love to do but come to the defense of her boyfriend’s reputation. The following day I read of a feisty Jennylyn saying the supposed friendly banter actually began with Mark’s futile attempts to win her back and that Patrick’s words to Mark were in fact very cordial.

Words were exchanged, people intervened and I guess it’s safe to assume that, to date, at least on a professional level, the three could see each other eye-to-eye.

I could only imagine how Jennylyn is carrying the burden of the issue. Though the matter has been settled, there sure will still be strains that need to be gotten over with before she and Mark could begin being friends again. On the other hand, it’s an early trial for her and Patrick’s very young relationship, moreso because the mystery of what they share put them under close scrutiny.

My two cents is that the issue would not have blown out of proportion had it not been put on print in the first place. Though they are celebrities, something as trivial as a friendly banter is not enough cause for publicity. Besides, what kind of friendship is there if the press immediately become involved even before making attempts to settle differences on your own? Or worse, what kind of friendship do you offer when you intentionally keep messages to use them against your friends?

It pays to give more premium on relationships. Them being in an industry where it is rare to find people who are true, value should be given to those who could actually give the same sincerity they offer.

People's Journal

credits to: jennylynm.blogspot.com

Guest kris_argee

MAXIM Philippines January 2007

FUTURE PERFECT

by Quark Henares

Just how many times can you use the word "super" and not sound like a gay Beverly Hills hairdresser? Well, there aren't enough superlatives to describe Super Noypi's superduper-hot superheroine Jennylyn Mercado or her supersonic rise to supernova status. Super!

The day finally comes. We're about to shoot Jennylyn Mercado - possibly both the most exciting and distressing shoot MAXIM Philippines has ever mounted. It's a major production involving extended deadlines, plane tickets, near-fistfights with handlers, cops, politics, and practically everything else Murphy's Law could throw our way. We don't say we didn't expect it - Ms. Mercado is GMA's most protected treasure. While also being the first masa idol whom men openly fawn over since Vilma Santos.

And who can blame them? When Jen enters the room, everyone is - pardon the term - starstruck. We all know her as the saccharine-sweet teenybopper with that killer-smile/head tilt combination that could be so...hot?

Ok, associate editor Peejo did. But I digress...

Clad only in a leather trench coat and white undies, Jennylyn is oblivious (or maybe pretends to be) to the fact that the room quickly fills with people nodding their heads in approval. "Ohmygod, her legs go on for miles," someone from the crew whispers. We ask those not needed in this particular setup to clear the room. They do so resentfully, with murder in their eyes.

And then Jen slowly, sensually, lifts her right arm, yawns, scratches her armpit, and jokingly asks, "Pwede ba ganito ang pose?" I realized then why it's so sexy to forget how sexy Jen can be - she's endearing, wide-eyed, and innocent. Her presence triggers every man's protective instinct.

Jennylyn is coming out this year in a Metro Manila Film Festival film called Super Noypi. She plays Lia, a rebel from the future who travels back in time to prevent the villain Diego Azaren (Monsour del Rosario) from taking over the county. There she finds and protects six kids (Mark Herras, John Pratts, Sandara Park, Polo Ravales, Katrina Halili, and Andrew Muhlach), who all eventually discover they have special powers of their own.

It would be unprincipled of me to write too much about the film here (I directed it), but I can state that working with Jennylyn was one of the best things about the whole experience. She kept us awake on our 25th hour, walking around with a jar of Soft Batch cookies, offering them to everyone in her cute baby voice. She invented the silliest dance moves to Starship's atrocious song, "We Built This City," while hanging from a harness very high up in the air. Jen is the only one I know who can cry on cue - and do an otso with her arnis sticks at the same time.

It was a dirty job - getting over my paternal instinct and interviewing Jennylyn for MAXIM, I mean - but someone had to do it. If I didn't do it, then Peejo would've, and as tough as she is, there are some things even I won't inflict on Jen.

credits to: look_alike@igma

THE QUEST FOR JENNYLYN

Editor's Letter section of MAXIM Philippines, January 2007 issue

It began five long months ago. Admittedly, MAXIM Philippines' associate editor Peejo Pilar owns the distinction of first suggesting Jennylyn Mercado for the cover. "Hot rockin' bod, man!" he insisted back then. Of course, we quickly agreed (no offense to Jennylyn's famously wholesome persona).

But how to go about it? First, we obviously had to get Jennylyn herself to agree. This would be no mean task - the star was extremely busy filming her Metro Manila Filmfest movie, Super Noypi. Contributing section editor Erwin Romulo came to the rescue

"Don't you know who's directing Super Noypi?" he asked, dumbfounded at our ignorance. "Quark!"

Quark Henares, also a MAXIM contributing section editor, is one of Edwin's many partners in crime (is "accomplice" the more politically correct word?). Thus began the first wave of MXIM's coaxing.

The two good friends possess considerable powers of persuasion, but Jennylyn is not someone instantly won over. She must be wooed, and rightly so.

Enter film director, Super Noypi cinematographer, punk musician, and photographer Lyle Sacris. Despite his forbidding mohawk and don't-mess-with-me facial piercing, Lyle is as sympathetic and doting as they come. It was like sending in the Marines with a crateful of Hershey's bars - Jennylyn really had little chance but to surrender.

In tandem with co-photographer (and cinematographer) JA Tadena, Lyle patiently endured a 15-hour shoot along with our covergirl, who twice had to leave the premises to attend to professional engagements. Each time, she returned to the photo set looking luminous as ever.

Ah, Jennylyn, you not only merely have a "hot rockin' bod," you absolutely just plain rock! We'll make it up to you, promise - your next MAXIM cover shoot won't last a nanosecond over 12 hours. Scout's honor.

- Vanni de Sequera

credits:http://jennylynmarticles.blogspot.com/

Guest kris_argee

HEAVY DRAMA, NOT FANTASY

Mario Bautista

DOMINIC Zapata, director of “Super Twins”, stresses that it’s not just another telefantasya but a heavy drama. “The story starts when a great ball of fire, the Santelmo, falls on earth and is caught by an evil guy, Eliazar, who wears a mask so viewers don’t know who’s the actor playing him,” he says. “But a metallic stone inside the ball of fire falls into the hands of Marian Rivera, who plays a poor woman named Ester. Her husband Manuel, played by Ian de Leon, had the precious stone made into a pair of rings for their twin daughters, Sha-sha (Nicole Dulalia) and Tin-tin (Ella Cruz.) When they kiss the rings, they transform into superheroes. Sha-sha becomes Super S (Jennylyn Mercado) while Tin-tin becomes Super T(Nadine.)”

The show has a big cast led by Patrick Garcia, Camille Prats, Tanya Garcia, Tetchie Agbayani, Bianca King, Kristine Reyes, Gabby Eigenmann, Mura, Melissa Avelino, Luz Valdez, Felix and Dominic Roco, with Michael V composing the theme song, “Alinlangan,” sung by Jolina Magdangal.

c/o svppr of pex

Jen & Nadine in Super Twins

this will air on Monday, Feb 12 after Asian Treasures

twins1.jpg

twins4.jpg

The Making of Super Twins is on Saturday, after Bitoy's Funniest Videos

wow! this is quite amazing! a filipina star thread on soompi! great! i like jennylyn she's pretty and a good actress.seen some episodes of her dramas but not hooked to them. because of my busy sched and everything. not a fan though. :(

Guest kris_argee

Jennylyn: Yes, I’m happier

By: Mario E. Bautista

FREEHAND

ngfsrtr.jpg

JENNYLYN Mercado is glad to do an action role as Super S in GMA-7’s new drama-fantasy series, “Super Twins” that starts airing tonight. “We also had to train in the martial arts before taping this and I’m glad may training na ako before in ‘Super Noypi’ kaya hindi na ako masyadong nahirapan,” she says.

What can she say about the rumor that she underwent breast enlargement? “I already denied it but no one seems to believe me kaya bahala na lang ang ayaw maniwala. It’s true that I had a breast operation kasi inalis ang lumalaking cyst sa left boob ko, hindi dahil nagpalaki ako.”

Is it true she doesn’t get along well with “Super Twins” co-star Nadine Samonte? “I really don’t know kung bakit gusto kaming pag-awayin when we treat each other like sisters. Magkaibigan na kami since our ‘StarStruck’ days at nagtutulungan pa nga kami in doing difficult action scenes sa taping.”

Patrick Garcia is also in “Super Twins” but not as her love interest. He’s actually paired with Camille Prats. What can she say about the story that her fans do not approve of Patrick for her? “Hindi naman maaalis ‘yon kasi a lot of them are still hoping magkakabalikan pa kami ni Mark (Herras.) Basta ako, I’m happy with Patrick dahil mabait talaga siya, marespeto, a real gentleman.”

What will they do on Valentine’s Day? “I’m busy on that day kasi may Valentine show ako with Janno Gibbs at Zirkoh Timog that night. Siguro manonood na lang siya.”

So is she happier now with Patrick than with Mark then? “Yes, I’m happier with Patrick. But please don’t ask me to compare them anymore kasi hindi maganda. Basta I wish Mark well and sana lagi kaming maging friends.”

credits to: mikichum@pex

Guest kris_argee

A SURVIVOR'S SPACE

cvxc.jpg

By Zusette Chan, Photography by DENNIS PANLILIO

MOD, January 2? issue

AT a young age, Jennylyn Mercado is already wise enough to invest her earnings from show business. After she won as the First Ultimate Female Survivor of reality television star search Starstruck, Jennylyn has become one of the hottest young stars to hit the screen. Barely three years in Tinseltown, the teen star has already secured a brightly colored townhouse in Quezon City.

“I decorated the entire house myself; I didn’t get an interior decorator anymore,” Jen says proudly of her strikingly mod three-bedroom townhouse and its funky color scheme.

The house is strikingly clean, and well-organized with modern/minimalist furnishings, which were personally chosen by Jennylyn to match the mood of her clean white wall. “Actually, we bought our living and dining room furnishings from one store only, that’s why as you can see, the furnishings match the rest of the house,” she adds.

On the second floor, she has a room where she stores her shoe collection. Her caps and belts are also stored in this room. Despite her busy schedule, Jen makes it a point that her stuff are well-maintained.

For her bedroom, she chose to paint the walls a soothing lavender because the color puts her in a relaxing mood. “I was also the one who chose my bed,” Jen says.

On the wall, by her bed, is a framed picture of hers which she treasures. “Isn’t it beautiful? A fan gave it to me,” she giggles. At the left side of the room is her walk-in closet which is adjacent to her bathroom.

A perfume collector, Jennylyn organizes her perfumes in a glass door cabinet on the left side of her bedroom. Now, the 20-year-old actress is starting to collect bags.

Across her bed are her favorite musical instruments, her guitar and a drum set. She claims her bedroom as her own personal space. “After a stressful day, I just go straight to my bedroom where I feel comfortable and relaxed,” she says.

No wonder Jen always looks forward to coming home every day, with the loving company of her dogs, a pomeranian named Blue, and a shih tzu named Wesley.

After Noypi, Jen is now preparing for her new movie under an independent film production. She is also busy taping her new teleserye, Super Twins, which will be shown on GMA-7’s primetime block. “Yup, it is just like the cartoon Sailor Moon. I am co-starring with Nadine Samonte.” Despite her fully loaded schedule, she makes it a point to relax and enjoy life. She enjoys going to malls and KTV bars.

When it comes to her love life, the actress says she is very inspired at this point in her life. No wonder she exudes a very happy and fresh aura.

Archived