Jennylyn Mercado: Filipino Actress/singer

Guest kris_argee

Guest bhee
Picture1-4.jpg Jennylyn makes hay while the sun shinesBy Maridol Rañoa-BismarkWednesday, July 4, 2007Like most young stars, Jennylyn Mercado won’t be caught holding an empty bag when the showbiz sun is not shining on her as brightly as it does today.Now that she has one project after another, she’s making hay while the sun shines. Jennylyn won’t just stand there doing nothing while the money is pouring from the just-concluded Angels and the ongoing Regal movie Tiyanaks.The StarStruck winner has invested her earnings well. She has Jen’s Boutique, an extension of her fashion-loving personality. It sells formal and casual clothes at the first floor of Finds Department Store at Starmall Mandaluyong, with another branch at Las Piñas Starmall. Jennylyn herself designs the blouses, skirts and dresses, inspired by sketches she found in the Internet, prices them (P100 to P500 per blouse) and even attends to customers sometimes. Business has been so good the past two years she plans to open another branch in Metropolis soon.Helping her out with their pieces of advice are the children of re-elected Sen. Manny Villar, Mark and Camille, who have fast become her friends.“They tell me I can call them up anytime if I need them,” says Jennylyn, an endorser of the Villars’ Starmall department store for two years now.Meanwhile, Jennylyn is learning a lot about the importance of packaging in business. She is as hands-on as can be, spending a lot of time figuring out how each store will look, how the clothes are arranged, how the dressing room makes the shoppers feel, etc.And, unlike fellow GMA star Angel Locsin, Jennylyn is far from burned out. In fact, she acts like a child let loose in a Disneyland of press interviews, TV guestings, mall shows, movie premieres, etc. She even moved out of the family residence in Las Piñas to a townhouse in a middle-class Quezon City subdivision to get closer to work.She’s willing to try anything, even something she has not done before, for the role.Take Tiyanaks, for instance, where she plays an archer. Jennylyn trained under the pros — members of the Philippine Archery Team, to get everything just right. Luckily for the left-handed Jennylyn, an archer holds the bow with the left hand. So she had no problem learning the basics of the sport.But it wasn’t a walk in the park. It proved to be tiring, even for someone with Jennylyn’s energy. Just stretching the bow with all the strength she can muster was a big task. But do it she must, for the sake of her role. And she proved to be a fast learner.“Tiyanaks is my first horror film,” Jennylyn says. “The challenge is different from drama, which I’m more comfortable in. In horror films, I have to look nervous and scared all the time.”It wasn’t that hard, though. All Jennylyn need do was remember the times when she was alone in her house, feeling so scared she had to turn on the lights the whole time.“Yes, I easily get scared,” admits Jennylyn.Maybe this fan of horror films has been watching too many thrillers, not just on the silver screen but on TV as well.“I love watching TV and surfing the Net when I’m free,” she nods.The tiyanaks are cute though, she concedes. Couple that with special effects and you’ve got something you just have to see.She won’t be around when the movie opens today, though. Jennylyn will be in the US to attend the premiere of Angels in Los Angeles, Las Vegas and San Diego (July 4 to 15). Then, she flies to Guam (July 21 to 23) and Hawaii (July 24) for a series of shows.Jennylyn will be living in a suitcase and take this ultimate test of her stamina and dedication to her craft.By yearend, she will start shooting for Imus Productions’ Metro Filmfest entry, Resiklo, which pairs her with Bong Revilla.“No, I’m not scared of getting linked to Bong as his leading lady,” the frank, outspoken Jennylyn says with a straight face.Other stars would have hemmed and hawed, perhaps even play it coy. But not the fiery Jennylyn. She is up-front and straightforward.That’s why Regal’s Mother Lily is impressed.“She is frank. She works hard,” the Regal matriarch explains. “Like Vilma Santos, Jennylyn is versatile. She will do anything you ask her to do, even if it’s hard. She’s always up to the challenge.”Yes, just like the proud alumna of life’s school of hard knocks that she is.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kris_argee

Jennylyn in San Francisco, CA - 07/12/07

07122007_1.jpg

with boyfriend, Patrick Garcia

07122007001_1.jpg

07122007005.jpg

07122007006.jpg

07122007007.jpg

07122007068-1.jpg

07122007008.jpg

07122007069-001.jpg

credits: chase_jennylyn@gmapinoytv

Jennylyn Mercado in San Francisco for Angels Movie Premier Night

credits: richel c.g.Angels00006-1.jpgAngels00001-1.jpgCIMG0309.jpgIMG_0869.jpgIMG_0871.jpgIMG_0872.jpgIMG_0873.jpgIMG_0874.jpgIMG_0877.jpgIMG_0878.jpgIMG_0887.jpgIMG_0888.jpgIMG_0889.jpgIMG_0894.jpgcredits:chase_jennylyn(gmapinoytv)

Guest Amethist

I dunno her, but she looks pretty and reminds me of Ayumi Hamasaki..

But she's only 19 in those pictures?! Wow, I thought somewhere in her 20's..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pandoras0nymph

ive always loved jen since ss....hope she fires her manager!she'll ruin her like what she did to angel locsin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pandoras0nymph

yeah! and they said, her mom was seen roaming in abs cbn... i'll be totally devastated if she moves there!! :angry:

Guest kris_argee

Jennylyn’s Journey

Article posted August 30, 2007

The first ever Ultimate Female Survivor of StarStruck, Jennylyn Mercado has indeed gone a long way. TV shows, endorsements, music albums and movies, name it, she has done it! Now that she is at the threshold of a new phase in her life and career, we want to ask her what her thoughts are regarding the issues and controversies that are being linked to her name.

The last time we talked to Jennylyn she affirmed her love for her craft. “I love this job, kung baga, love ko ito kasi kasama ko kayo and katrabaho ko kayo.” She has always stressed that she is thankful for all the opportunities that show business has opened for her. Without a doubt showbiz has been good to her. iGMA looks back on Jen's journey through showbiz. Text by Loretta G. Ramirez, Graphic Design by Michael Allan Jay B. Pagsanjan

jen_says01.jpg

- www.igma.tv

Archived