Registration prohibited with free email accounts.

dot1q

Guest phoeki666

It's amazing how many people had the influence of god to register before this ban.

I understand the reasons for taking this measure, it's just unfortunate to those who primarily use such "free" email service other than their ISP for legitimate reasons. I actually pay to have advanced features in my yahoo account btw.

exactly what I mean, my question on the first page wasn't answered :(

sucks to be them people. =/

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest aznhybrid

ehh

this rule was in place a few months ago rite?

wouldnt affect me, i have both free and paid accounts

^.^;;

Guest dark_chancellor

question: why not just make a thread and say if your accounts inactive for ____ amount of months/days, then delete their account? would that help?

no..it really wouldn't.. because we're not trying to cut down on the number of (inactive) members, but rather we're trying to get rid of people who get accounts for purposes like just creating havok or trouble on soompi, and we're trying to prevent the same people from getting double accounts. They can switch from using one account to the other, so there wouldn't be an inactive account to get rid of in the first place.

Hope that makes sense..

Guest andrewujin

well, i'm not totally against this.. i understand why soompi admins want to do this...

but i also understand from the point of view of the new members that this will make it difficult for them. because i was one of the victim when soompi had the ban last time. like most of them, i didn't have an e-mail account other than free account, my school is not that high tech to give us one, and don't know about my internet service provider. if my parents do have one, i;m not sure they'll give me access to it either. so i do really feel sorry for the new members...

i hope soompi admins can come out with better solutions to handle these problems than to have this ban...

cheers

Really? That's weird, I always thought this rule was already in place a lonng time ago x____x I renember when I re-signed up after the crash and I had to register with a non-free e-mail account @_@ I renember BEFORE the crash when I signed up, I was able to sign up with a free email. .____. omg I'm confusing myself maybe it was the other way around :wacko:

okay woohoo, this means less scammers in the selling&trading forum :P

Guest psquare6806

Ahh cool. Can't you just block IP Addresses of people who cause trouble?

Hmm I have a hotmail account. ^_^

Guest kenderkin88

Ahh cool. Can't you just block IP Addresses of people who cause trouble?

Hmm I have a hotmail account. ^_^

The problem with such a measure is that people at universities and in office buildings and such share IP addresses.. Since they can also log in from multiple locations [i frequently do so from both work and home, and soon to be university], that doesn't really help.

I'm afraid I don't really understand the purpose of this measure.. Our ISP did NOT provide us with an e-mail account. We could have gotten one if we'd liked, but we opted out of it because we didn't feel it was necessary. Not all ISP's provide e-mail accounts to their subscribers, and a lot of people who would really be interested in places like Soompi don't have the means to get a paid account somewhere else. [some of the biggest and most active fans I know are only in highschool.] I myself just recently got my university e-mail address.. Prior to that, I'd been using my free Yahoo account for almost four years.

So, yeah. You probably know what you're doing better than I do [i'd be worried if you didn't, haha], so I'm just going to trust you guys on this one.

And how many months has this been in effect? I didn't sign up that long ago, and I used my Yahoo account..

Guest xillusions

I actually think it's a great idea! Since people can easily create free e-mail accounts and then creat multiply accounts on soompi those people are usually the people who bash people in the 411 thread and create fuss.

<33 Carmen.

Guest babossagaji

I thought this was in effect since the beginning? Oh well, it wouldn’t matter to me anyways since I have DSL.

Guest lalakid87

i'm so happy i registered before this happened!.....

wait, i registered with a paid email account, doesn't affect me then!

phew! =]

same here! i registered like a week or 2 ago =X!

Guest wendee

well, i'm not totally against this.. i understand why soompi admins want to do this...

but i also understand from the point of view of the new members that this will make it difficult for them. because i was one of the victim when soompi had the ban last time. like most of them, i didn't have an e-mail account other than free account, my school is not that high tech to give us one, and don't know about my internet service provider. if my parents do have one, i;m not sure they'll give me access to it either. so i do really feel sorry for the new members...

i hope soompi admins can come out with better solutions to handle these problems than to have this ban...

cheers

yea`.. i`m hoping that i`m not one of those people soompi will ban >___<.. although i did register befo` this~~

Archived