Registration prohibited with free email accounts.

dot1q

Guest Y0UNGiE☆★〃─。

Phew thank goodness I registered before this rule!! :D

Also, can't you somehow ban an e-mail account so someone who has already been banned can't make anymore accounts??

Letting people register to only ONE e-mail account would help as well. :)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SsssHhhh

I wasn't on soompi for so long, and when i finally came back onto the website.. It was after the crash, and it was no longer accepting free emails. I was bummed, because I love Soompi! Then I realized I had an email address thru my Sprint Account, and was like hey wtHeck! I should give it ago, and now here I am. Posting AGain!!! Of course someone took my old Sn which still bums me out, but hey you win some, you lose some right? ^_^ I'm a dork I know but whatever! ;P

Guest boballay

Thank you so much for informing us :]

Ah and thank you for letting us keep our account if we have free emails x]

woo~ thanks so much *bows

Guest aircastles

It's a good thing I registered before, but then again, I used my ISP email address so it doesn't affect me.

But I thought we already had this enforcement from the beginning?

No wait, I'm confused...my friend registered to Soompi like last Tuesday with her SBC Yahoo DSL Account.

She won't get deleted, right? =X

Guest x__simply lost

I thought this was in effect since the beginning? Oh well, it wouldn’t matter to me anyways since I have DSL.

i thought the same, like.. a week or 2 weeks after the soompi crash.

Guest dark_chancellor

No wait, I'm confused...my friend registered to Soompi like last Tuesday with her SBC Yahoo DSL Account.

She won't get deleted, right? =X

no..as was said before, it only affects new membership registrations. No one's accounts are going to get deleted.. new registrations just won't be approved

Guest xvi3txl0v1ngx

I remember when i tried to sign up for soompi before the crash and it wouldn't work cause i use Hotmail. then months later i heard on asianfanatics that soompi is accepting free e-mail account and i rushed to soompi right after reading it and checking the date to see if it was an old post:D. So yeah, I'm just happy that i signed up before this rule.

Guest andrewujin

The problem with such a measure is that people at universities and in office buildings and such share IP addresses.. Since they can also log in from multiple locations [i frequently do so from both work and home, and soon to be university], that doesn't really help.

I'm afraid I don't really understand the purpose of this measure.. Our ISP did NOT provide us with an e-mail account. We could have gotten one if we'd liked, but we opted out of it because we didn't feel it was necessary. Not all ISP's provide e-mail accounts to their subscribers, and a lot of people who would really be interested in places like Soompi don't have the means to get a paid account somewhere else. [some of the biggest and most active fans I know are only in highschool.] I myself just recently got my university e-mail address.. Prior to that, I'd been using my free Yahoo account for almost four years.

i second that ....

I wasn't on soompi for so long, and when i finally came back onto the website.. It was after the crash, and it was no longer accepting free emails. I was bummed, because I love Soompi! Then I realized I had an email address thru my Sprint Account, and was like hey wtHeck! I should give it ago, and now here I am. Posting AGain!!! Of course someone took my old Sn which still bums me out, but hey you win some, you lose some right? ^_^ I'm a dork I know but whatever! ;P

i was another one like you

again, i strongly hope that soompi can come out with better solution than this.

Guest dark_chancellor

again, i strongly hope that soompi can come out with better solution than this.

if you can think of anything, we'd be glad to hear it.

Guest .Cherry.

Oooo, lots of people aren't going to like this. Oh well, guess you guys do have a good reason to do this though. Anyhoo, i'm glad i use road runner as my email account. :D

Guest theonecalledy2ckt

that's good. prevents spammers from just being able to readily create accounts.

glad i already registered here w/ my gmail. :)

Guest jisoox012

wait so anyone w/ a free e-mail account but registered early doesnt have to worry, right..?

at least we will have less spammers

Guest mangujowa

=/

is sbcglobal.net considered a paid account?

if so,

then that might pose a problem; you can have up to 10 accounts, and you can constantly create and delete them-- so that won't really filter out trolls and stuff.

can someone answer, please?

Guest dorkfacex3

Thank gosh I signed up early. Last time, I couldn't sign up because of the e-mail address. Thanks for informing us!

Archived