[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

actually the plot of president being his father sounds abit like the taiwan drama black and white lol so i wasnt realy surprised .but it make for a good revenge ..tho i dun think JP knew about it as well .. i think mr president didnt have the chance to marry the woman he like ..for political aspiration perhaps he had to marry someone who can help him in his career ..still i have the same feelings like i did when i first saw this drama ...someone will kill himself for the crimes and most likely is mr president

actually the plot of president being his father sounds abit like the taiwan drama black and white lol so i wasnt realy surprised .but it make for a good revenge ..tho i dun think JP knew about it as well .. i think mr president didnt have the chance to marry the woman he like ..for political aspiration perhaps he had to marry someone who can help him in his career ..still i have the same feelings like i did when i first saw this drama ...someone will kill himself for the crimes and most likely is mr president

This also reminds me of the movie The Good Son.  What a awful choice to have to make.....

I also don't think JP knew as well which is why I keep mentioning that JP named him "Sung" as per his father's wishes.

Regarding who will kill himself, I have always envisioned JP killing himself for YS's benefit. We'll see, though.

If I were YS and needed to choose between killing JP or the president, I will choose the president! lol. Well, I am JP-biased but despite how he raised him, he's still the only father he ever knew. Versus the president who killed the man who planned on raising him.

And I don't think this makes KH less sympathetic. Who knows what the situation was like and she was popular. People like watching YAB where three guys fell for her, right? So this is like Go Mi Nam having a baby for Tae Kyung, marrying Shin Woo while JP = Jeremy. lol

Is that han river? i'm not korean so i have no idea what it looks like but i feel the han river kiss will happen on the next few episodes because today's ep happend what looked like a park where they played water with the kids.... But im still optimistic that there will be a few more kisses....

SOOMPI NEWS: by hotshotlover30

"City Hunter's" Lee Min Ho Meets with Hollywood Producer Terence Chang!

c4de76bf7b1ea12f5708453b34e080c5_large.jpg

With “City Hunter” ending in two weeks, Lee Min Ho may be heading to Hollywood anytime soon! Just recently, Hong Kong and American film producer Terence Chang flew to Korea to meet up with the popular actor. Although nothing has been officially announced, the meeting is already causing many speculations about Lee Min Ho’s possible career in Tinseltown.

Terence Chang is known for producing hits like “Mission: Impossible II” (2000), starring Tom Cruise, “FACE/OFF,” (1997) starring John Travolta and Nicolas Cage, “Broken Arrow” (1996), starring John Travolta and Christian Slater, and more. He’s also one of John Woo’s longtime friends and favored producers. Currently, the famed producer is working with Korean director John Lee (aka Lee Jae Han) in producing Hollywood film “The Killer,” (2012) starring Jung Woo Sung.

-updated-

The famed producer personally visited the set of “City Hunter,” watched the filming, and also chatted with Park Min Young before meeting with Lee Min Ho. Representatives of StarHaus Entertainment stated, “With Lee Min Ho’s popularity overseas growing, especially in China, Mr. Chang took an interest in him and requested a meeting. Mr. Chang praised Lee Min Ho, saying he looked even better in person and is an actor who can challenge himself endlessly.”

Lee Min Ho commented, “Everything was hectic because I was in the middle of filming, but I felt very fortunate and grateful that such a famous producer came all the way to Korea to meet me. I will continue to work hard and prepare myself – in foreign languages and others – to succeed abroad.”

Meanwhile, "City Hunter" acheived its highest rating yet with 19.9% (ABG Nielsen) for last night's episode. Sung Yuri's "Romance Town" followed with 11.6%, and Jung Yong Hwa's "Heartstrings" with 6.2%. Lee Min Ho's "City Hunter" will air its 16th episode tonight, July 14th, on SBS at 9:55PM KST.

512a2835017c76f6a4fb1f06a1ec7a13_large.jpg

Guest farhah1986

hmm,,, maybe it just slide to my mind,,, that the first thing came up to me is that KH might lie to MY..

since it was not shown at the start of the drama...  :sweatingbullets:

but still, I PREFER YS to be MY's son than anyone else's son..

but If I were to choose between JP and president, I will choose....

MY still bwahaha... since I really don't want YS to be CRAZY and gone mad choosing who to get revenge to

and who to save in the end,.,  :sweatingbullets:

You were right.... I prefer YS to be MY son rather than the President....poor YS,I don't know what will happen to YS if he know the truth.Just like someone said before,Fate may decide who's YS gonna save...the President or JP...Yes,I know that the president is the only one that seem clean and look like an upright man but I rather think YS save JP in the end or JP save YS.I don't think its fair for the President to get out from the mess that he did.I do think JP know who's YS real father...Its too cruel for YS to face something like this and it even more worse that YJ/KJS dilemma.Why JP did something like his?!

Could you tell me where to watcht it, or give me more informations about this movie so I can find it ? Thanks!

I just checked Hulu and it's there.  ;) Oh, and if the movie Bad Seed is there, I'd watch that one first....It's the jumping off point for this remake.

wow, just wow...

i mean everything sorta makes sense now.. although i'm still a bit puzzled. my analysis/ theories:

1. why president and YS both have kind hearts and the willing to dedicate their lives to serve the citizens of s. korea... 

2. why both of them dislike beans.. DH is YS's half- sister then??? 

3. which makes sense because both DH and YS have this narcissistic side to them HAHAHAHAHA remember how DH asked YS about seeing their own reflections in the mirror? and they both even like the same brand of shower gel...

4. the torn picture had president's face missing.. i guess it's foretelling in a way... and why JP didn't start the revenge with the president since he knows he's one of the 5 anyway..

5. which means there's a huge chance JP knows about the president being his real daddy... 

6.. and as to why KH said he saved both YS and herself, i think it's because she was a hostess right.. maybe one night both her and the president made a mistake and she got pregnant, and both JP and MY love kyunghee as well.. but JP keeps his feelings to himself, not letting anybody know about it... whereas MY stepped up and decided to take responsibility for the unborn baby,  treating it as his own.. so yes i think they got married with the knowledge that it was not MY's baby. 

7.is that why JP decided to take the baby away from kyunghee? because he knows that not only is the baby not MY's, it also will always remind kyunghee of her mistake, and if she finds out that the president is one of the five men responsible for MY's death, chances are she wouldn't love YS purely... 

8. in earlier episodes (i think it's 3 or 4) we see the president and KH talking inside the car... he's basically a caring kind of person so i wasn't suspicious at all when he worries about kyunghee's life... but i think while he may not know that kyunghee and MY's baby is actually his, he has some sympathy and guilt towards kyunghee for what he did that one night, i guess? i mean i rewatched it and sorta feel this awkward atmosphere between them. and he knows that there is a missing baby since kyunghee told him about it. so i think he's already suspecting YS is the missing baby 28 yrs ago... 

ONE MORE WEEK TO GO HUNTERS!!! AND 4 EPISODES LEFT!!! :D

and just for argument's sake, i have a question to all of you hunters here:

WHO DO YOU THINK WILL DIE BY THE END OF THIS DRAMA??

options: YS's mom/ JP/ president/ NN/ YS/ chairman/ NN's dad/ YJ's dad/ YJ/ other 

i'll start by saying that YS's mom will most likely die.. and JP. but this is just my feeling.

Guest sweety86_ph

hi, everyone! this is my first time to post on this thread and i really enjoy reading everyone's posts. i'd just like to contribute to the speculations on what LMH might have meant when he said that CH is gonna have a "reverse" ending.

could it be that he'll get NN pregnant and then she's gonna give birth during his last mission? that'd be parallel to the 1st episode where KH was giving birth to YS while MY and JP had a near death encounter in burma. but, like the more optimistic hunters, i'm also hoping that instead of YS dying after NN gives birth to their son, he'd live happily ever after with his own family, his mom, and ahjusshi.

but, that's just me. thanks for the recaps and comments! let's keep the faith! looking forward to next week :D

Guest dramaok

hi, everyone! this is my first time to post on this thread and i really enjoy reading everyone's posts. i'd just like to contribute to the speculations on what LMH might have meant when he said that CH is gonna have a "reverse" ending.

could it be that he'll get NN pregnant and then she's gonna give birth during his last mission? that'd be parallel to the 1st episode where KH was giving birth to YS while MY and JP had a near death encounter in burma. but, like the more optimistic hunters, i'm also hoping that instead of YS dying after NN gives birth to their son, he'd live happily ever after with his own family, his mom, and ahjusshi.

welcome to CH forum!

heehee your theory is a bit out there, but i like.

i agree, this is most definitely how it will end, and they'll probbaly go to Texas and eat giant fried chicken at Kentucky Fried Chicken,

and make out in the backroom while Shik Joong ahjussi feeds the baby mashed potatoes.

thanks for the links and recaps. darn i always miss the live feed, but at least i know what's happpening.

"you let go of me.... you quit me" ><

wow, just wow...

i mean everything sorta makes sense now.. although i'm still a bit puzzled. my analysis/ theories:

1. why president and YS both have kind hearts and the willing to dedicate their lives to serve the citizens of s. korea... 

and just for argument's sake, i have a question to all of you hunters here:

WHO DO YOU THINK WILL DIE BY THE END OF THIS DRAMA??

options: YS's mom/ JP/ president/ NN/ YS/ chairman/ NN's dad/ YJ's dad/ YJ/ other 

i'll start by saying that YS's mom will most likely die.. and JP. but this is just my feeling.

Just when I was looking for you, then I saw your lovely post! :)

anyway, I was thinking about that too.. when I stated the president looks the NICEST among the 5 officials,,

but the thing he did WRONG is he followed the 4 officials devil plans to hide that 1983 incident...

as you emphasized, the president and YS both have warm HEARTS,,, :wub:

they both don't like eating beans...

as to your question, I think, JP might die... since he'll try to SAVE YS and he'll risk his life...

IF jp dies, YS can't choose betwen JP and the president anymore..

but YS will be TORN to get "revenge" in JP's way... since we all know YS is getting mad and forgetting his

rationality when he sees that his loved ones were hurt...

as to KH, I don't want her to die.,,, KH serves as one of YS's breather and aside from NN,

KH is the one who can serve as YS's inpiration not to do evil things such as to KILL... :rolleyes:

Guest farhah1986

I also don't think JP knew as well which is why I keep mentioning that JP named him "Sung" as per his father's wishes.

Regarding who will kill himself, I have always envisioned JP killing himself for YS's benefit. We'll see, though.

If I were YS and needed to choose between killing JP or the president, I will choose the president! lol. Well, I am JP-biased but despite how he raised him, he's still the only father he ever knew. Versus the president who killed the man who planned on raising him.

And I don't think this makes KH less sympathetic. Who knows what the situation was like and she was popular. People like watching YAB where three guys fell for her, right? So this is like Go Mi Nam having a baby for Tae Kyung, marrying Shin Woo while JP = Jeremy. lol

Just like you I rather have YS choose JP than the President.Although JP seems cruel to him,like you said he's the only father that he ever knew that raise him since he's a baby.It seems what everyone has speculate before come true.Someone said that it meaningless revenge for YS if The president indeed his father.But I rather think otherwise...when KH said MY save her and YS ,does it mean MY know about this or not?I do think that MY deserve the honor to be YS dad.After all he's the one who save his mother and I think KH rather want her husband to be YS dad.

Why suddenly I feel that the President is a coward,from the way he speak with YJ before.He does not have the courage to tell the truth and its true that what he did in 1983 bring misery to the people.All five of them,I assume they hold a high position in goverment and because of the cover up,all of them hold immerse power and missuse power and authority thus bring misery to the other people.Just look at all the cases that YS has solve before.

I think in the end YS will do what a person suppose to do despite blood relation and bring justice to the people that deserved it.If we think back,all the thing that YS has done before is not totally meaningless,he bring hope for the common people that there is still people that hold what is right.And I think YJ will be one of them.After all,all the 20 special forces need to get back their good name and clear their name from false accussation.

Guest myphim

Wow, today episode left me speechless. I just don't know what to think anymore. Wow, just wow!

I love how all the men in this drama love to outsmart each other. So now the 1983 secret documents are back with the evil Target #4? Does this mean Target 4 knows about JP and City Hunter? I'm really curious.

All this cat-and-mouse games that these guys play with each other is keeping me on the edge of my seat. Love that YJ knows everything but has no evidence to prove it. Love how YS still sending YJ important information about Target 4 even though he knows YJ is chasing after him. It likes they are working together but at the same time trying to outrun each other.

We need MINMIN couple to live - so please don't die anybody.....

What, I thought this was slated to be the best drama of 2011 (don't mean to be negative but being a glutton for Kdramas,I'm always hopeful that the best is yet to come - since that would mean more anticipation & viewing pleasure)...

But to come back to the topic at hand, they can't do away with the favorite characters. No points for immortal love & living in memories, we need them Alive & Kicking!!!

So all those who also post in DC channels - please convey our plea to not do away with either of our lead pair....

All the voices (especially on ground in Korea) will make a difference :)

Guest shopaholican

with YJ chasing after YS repeatedly and uncovering all his past secrets.. i can't see how YS will escape in future and live a normal life.. oh dear.. this is so frustrating!crazy.gif

wow, just wow...

6.. and as to why KH said he saved both YS and herself, i think it's because she was a hostess right.. maybe one night both her and the president made a mistake and she got pregnant, and both JP and MY love kyunghee as well.. but JP keeps his feelings to himself, not letting anybody know about it... whereas MY stepped up and decided to take responsibility for the unborn baby,  treating it as his own.. so yes i think they got married with the knowledge that it was not MY's baby. 

There is really an outright possibility that YS is President's son. But what really bugs me about this scenario is the fact that while at least KH maybe even MY (possibly President or JP) must had know in the time of the wedding that she is pregnant, however, if you look at the photo that was taken during this event they all look so cheerful and utterly happy. Everyone is smiling the President has his arm around KH as if nothing bad happened and she is smiling blissfully as well, no signs of discomfort on either of their faces whatsoever :huh: .

During today's episode I uttered 6 times "OMG, he really is his father!" I mean there were so many obvious clues. Did anyone have the sudden realization why they showed so much of YS's finger fidgeting :) , the bean picking , character traits and so on...There were so many of them that when I wanted to utter the above written phrase for seventh time I started to think that they were far too many, actually :huh: . It occured to me that the writers could be setting up a trap for the viewers :phew: but since the screenwriters in Korea love so much the birth secret scenario it's unlikely.

I would like it better if we found out that MY or KH are the President's sibling or best friend or anything else. Making YS the son of President makes the things even more complicated than they already are plus poor Yoon Sung tears.gif and what kind of people would it make of KH and the president fury.gif .