S.M. Entertainment's '06 World Tour Audition

Guest kangtagreen27

Guest babiesy

O___O MID-AUGUST?! that's really soon...

i hope they come to canada soon! >< does anyone know if theyre gonna do auditions when school starts? cus what if the audition time is like during school X____X i doubt my parents would let me skip for auditions ):

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jlandok93

oooh yeah.. coming in mid-august.?!?!?!? hm.. i wonder where.. most likely in NY. huh..? are they just stopping by one state. and going off to canada..? or more than one state?

Guest babiexesta

I honestly think the auditions are going to be in NY then. If BoA is going to have a concert - it'd most likely be at Madison Square (where Bi was the first Korean to perform at) and that would mean the auditions are here then. Ah, wishful thinking.

I hope you guys would go back and read the thread because I've been seeing A LOT of repetitive questions. No offense, but it isn't hard to go back a few pages and just read what's already been answered.

FAQ -

1. Where and when is the audition?

The auditions in the US have NOT been decided on yet. If you want more information, you can frequently check out smtown.com. As of now, there has been no decided time or date or place.

2. If you want to audition by either e-mail or mail -

E-Mail - There is a list of information you need to include (Which can all be found on SMtown.com) Along with that information, if you want to be a singer, you include a mp3 file of your singing. If you want to be a model, it's recommended you send them MULTIPLE pictures. (SMtown is a company who focuses greatly on looks as well as talent) I've heard that the more pictures you send - the greater your chance of being chosen is. If you want to be a dancer - show them a small video clip of what you can do. If you want to be a composer - send them your ORIGINAL lyrics.

Mail - It is of similiar format to your e-mail audition. You send them the required information and a demo tape.

3. How do I know if I've been chosen?

They will contact you. Don't know how or what, but they WILL find a way to reach you if they're interested. If they don't, don't be discouraged and keep on trying.

4. What is the audition process?

According to the audition in Malaysia - First you need to apply (Either at the door on the day of the audition, or online) You will be placed into groups according to your given numbers. Some groups may be larger or small depending on the turnout. In Malaysia, there were over 200 participants, so there were groups of 20. You will be brought into a room with the judges, and with 10 other people, you will stand in a line and perform in front of a camera. You will have 30 seconds to sing/act or perhaps longer if the judges allow you to. You do NOT perform the whole song. You sing until the judges tell you to stop. If you're modeling, you will stand up closer to the judges (1 meter in comparison to the usual 3 meters distance). After everyone has gone, you will all be given another 30 seconds to dance to any random beat given. So there's no point in preparing. The ones who are trying out for dancing itself will have to wait until everyone has gone before showing what they've got.

5. Will they contact me in 3 weeks to notify if I've gotten in?

There are many hopefuls in M'sia currently waiting for news. A handful of participants were called back the VERY NEXT DAY for a second audition. This isn't to say others won't get in. But you'll just have to wait. I believe if you don't get in - you will not be called. The waiting span is three weeks.

6. Do I have to sing in a certain language?

I believe the judges are language geniuses. They speak English, Chinese and Korean. Perhaps Japanese too. You should have no problem conversing with them. You can sing whatever song you prepared for them in whichever language you prepared.

7. What kind of song should I sing?

Mostly, you should sing a song that will show your vocal abilities. These normally included slow songs. Some songs the Malaysian participants sang were - Utada Hikaru, First Love. BoA, Jewel Song. You get the point. If you don't know if your song fits their expectations, I recommend you prepare an extra. In some cases, the judges will ask you to change your song.

8. What happens if I get in?

SM will contact you separately. I'm sure you can work out a contract to your liking. They will pay for your expenses to and in Korea. I'm pretty sure they'll still allow you to go to school - but the hours will be hectic. You'll be going to school in the day and training at night. I've heard you might not even get home until 2-4AM. Let me tell you this - if you get in, life will NOT be all fun and games. You have to be prepared to work, unconditionally. Through rain, sleet and snow. Or maybe I've exaggerated a bit .. Anyway, we all know SM is looking for young teens. :sweatingbullets: So IMO, I do not believe SM will wait for you to finish your education before starting your career. Sacrifices have to be made - so most likely you will go to a school of their choice while training under their name.

9. When will I debut?

SM has hundreds of trainees. If you get in, you may not debut at all. It all depends on you and your talents. If you can show SM ent. something worth showing to the public - then you've got a chance. Also, you will not debut quickly either. Most train a few years before their first appearance.

That's all I can think of at this moment. I hope this answers some of your questions.

thanks for the information......may i ask you a question....did you already audition to know these stuff??? i guess i will prepare myself now...thanks a lot.....^^

Guest nanjiyoun

nanjiyon

JAPAN??

I'M KOREAN T^T

anyway

mid-august?

geez

that's not too far from now

all those who audition

..good luck, that's all i can say =]

this is so exciting~

-EDIT-

i had a question

what if you get in

but you want to finish education at your CURRENT highschool/college?

do they let you do that

and you can train after you graduate or something?

iono if i'm going to audition

but i was jst wondering

IM KOREAN TOO! ! ! but i think it'd be cool to learn a new language

and get used to traveling.. i mean.. IF i get in that is..

and i think so,, (finish school) because the i-13 girls are in school right now

or thats what i heard.. and they already debuted ^-^

i dont know if that answers your question though.. lol im sorry xT

____________// edit

my Q's, i have a couple

1.when are they coming to the US?

2.where in the US is it?

3.if we do audition through email or mail then do we have to include a tape of us performing what were auditioning for?

1) mid august im not sure when;;

2) i think NY just like Ddong said.. because of the Boa concert

i think the audition is going to be held in NY;;

3) i think so i think that is recomended [?] and give them a lot of pictures of yourself

someone told that they contact you faster if you post a lot of pictures.....

i hope it helped;;;.....

Guest baybiifusion

if you don't get to debut.. then there's relaly no point of going there then..?

ooh.. and if you do make it.. you have to go to JAPAN for 3 years..?? japan..???

SM Entertainment is a korean music company,

so therefore you will goto Korea not Japan.

Guest Mademoisella

^ so it's Korea, NOT Japan.

I don't see why go to Japan and train there, wouldn't it be Korea?

Guest amydien

If the US auditions will start mid-august, then Canada auditions might be soon also. Im sooo joining this!

I guess the trainees will go to Japan as well because SM is trying to promote the Korean Wave. As we all know, BoA, CSJH, TVXQ and other korean artists also perform in Japan and have japanese albums. =)

Guest silvertaz

Why mid-august? I thought they are going to do the audition in japan, china, etc first before coming to the US...so soon

Guest COUNTERACT

Yeah...If they're going to do with BoA's concert and she's just released new single in Japan, don't artists need a few months to prepare for their concert??

Guest saranghae<3

CANADA! OMGISH! THEY KNOW WHERE CANADA IS??!

*so happy*

I'm gonna try out for sure when they come to Canada~~

Guest Ocean-J

OMFG ... CANADA??? No kidding... I agree nothing does ever happen around here... aww man *embarassed* i don't live in either T.O or Van city ... I'm like many hours away... * I HATE MY CITY * fo sure NOTHING EVER HAPPENS WHERE I LIVE.... ahhhhhh I'm excited though.. I'm rooting for all Canadians... Finally someone to represent us... lolz... thanks for the news...

Guest Mademoisella

Yeah...If they're going to do with BoA's concert and she's just released new single in Japan, don't artists need a few months to prepare for their concert??

Agree and don't they need to post it up on SM TOWN or at least let it be BIG NEWS.. :blink:

Guest Yishai

goshers, are they gonna do it in chicago too or no??

since i live closer to chicago then anywhere else..i so want to do this..

but if they aren't gonna come to chicago then i might just send in a demo tape and see how that goes...but first can we send one in??

this is so cool.

Guest Ella_Kwan

Does any1 know for sure if LSM really said that he was coming in mid-auguest??? or is that just a MAYBE??? Who ELES actually knows/hear it for themself??? I just really curious, & i wanna be sure before I GET MY HOPES UP. but if anything I HOPE IT'S NYC!

Guest baybiifusion

ahh i hope they come to ny~ so do we have to email them if we want to audition or could we just have a walk-in audition?

either way will do,

but i'd email them so you won't have to wait in line to fill out the info.

Guest Kc287

what the?!?!?!? MID-AUGUST?!?!?!?!? :o

noo way!!!!! <_<...mannn, that's when school starts and I HIGHLY doubt that my parents would LET me audition during that time!!!!..TT TT... also, if it's in NYC... then forget it... I won't be able to go NONETHELESS WHATSOEVER!!!!...> <... that would TOTALLY sux...

ANYWAYS!!!! enough crying/moping... QUESTION TIME!!!!

1. If you are trying out to be a dancer, do they have a specific timing on the music you bring with you when you have to show them what you got (AFTER the 30 second freestyle)???

Archived