Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest kangtagreen27

S.M. Entertainment's '06 World Tour Audition

Guest baybiifusion

wow, almost 200 people? ^^;

i found what they did at the auditions from someone i kow.

first of all they separate you into two groups:

- those that havent applied for the audition online

and those who have applied for the auditon online.

after that, it's basically like American Idol, Australian Idol etc.

you wait for your number to be called

and you go in to the audition hall in groups of 20.

LOL she said they kept repeating Super Junior's

U mv so much that she coudl memorize the dance steps xD

thsoe who auditioned will get notified within 3 weeks.

Guest peachyxhannie

I have a question, does weight matter? Are the judges looking for super skinny girls?

Because my friend's friend got in and she was 5'5'' and weight 110 lbs, but sm told her to lose more weight and be under 100....

Guest clee

it's no lie that SM really wants the trainees to be skinny or fit. yeah i think one of the requirements is to be under 100lbs. quite sad. the trainees look like freaking skeletons. i saw jessica yesterday at SM.

Guest Ella_Kwan

I have a question, does weight matter? Are the judges looking for super skinny girls?

Because my friend's friend got in and she was 5'5'' and weight 110 lbs, but sm told her to lose more weight and be under 100....

Did she still get in? I'm really curious be/c i'm 5'5 but have a little more weight then her.... lol.... Did they not accept her be/c of that? or they accepted her & they are going to work with her to lose weight? THANKS!!! I'M REALLY CURIOUS!!! THANKS!!!

Guest peachyxhannie

Did she still get in? I'm really curious be/c i'm 5'5 but have a little more weight then her.... lol.... Did they not accept her be/c of that? or they accepted her & they are going to work with her to lose weight? THANKS!!! I'M REALLY CURIOUS!!! THANKS!!!

Yes she did get in, she has been training for 3 years now and was suppose to debut with 11 other girls last march, but for some reason its being delayed. Her whole family moved to Korea with her and she started going to school in Korea.

Guest Ella_Kwan

o00oo0 wow!!!!!! thanks you!!!!! thats great to hear!!!!!!! i hope her the best!!!!!!! & all of you guys who has auditioned already!!!!!!!!!

Guest reverie_

HER WHOLE FAMILY MOVED WITH HER?

shoo, my dad said my family isnt going to move to korea just

because I might... unless SM pays for the whole thing...

what a nice daddy... lol, he was playing.

Guest Addy

It's good that she got in and they're assisting her lose weight. Isn't it kinda unhealthy to be a certain height/age and be under 100 lbs? 'Cause I'm like 5'4" and 110 or something of the sorts and am considered a healthy weight.

I'm kinda freaked 'cause of that 'cause last time I was 100 and I almost passed out from running too much, too far, and too hard.

Another question like that...

What if you look skinny but you aren't really under 100?

Guest reverie_

what :blink:

who said you had to be freaking skinny to get into SM?

dont you see Dana and Sunday and blah blah in CSJH being more thicker but

still pretty?

yea, they might insist you lose weight, but you dont have to be FREAKING skinny...

Guest homesoy

Wow IM so interested. Thanks to everybody who put up information. Do you think I can send it my application for the normal audition just any ol' time? Should I label it as a specific subject ? OH boy, I'm so exicited :D

Guest silvertaz

Wow, thank you for sharing the information. One questions, do you have to sing/act/model in front of other contestants too?

Guest homesoy

^ I don't think so. I believe you wait outside in a larger room and walk in a smaller room where the judges are when they call your number.

Guest arisuxx

wow, this is something to look forward to. too bad i don't have music talent (well, at least i speak Chinese fluently...) <_< but i wish everyone the best of the luck who would be auditioning.

Guest homesoy

I'm going to the open audition guys! I'm leaving for Korea tomorrow, my flight leaves at noon. I was originally supposed to be going to Australia but there was a change of plan and there wasn't anymore room on the plane so my family opted going to Seoul instead of flaking out on my sister and I. ITS A CALLING! It must be a sign that someone up wants me to go to that audition. Or it could just be chance. Either way I'm going to go! Does anybody know whether I'm going to have to speak korean to be able to do this..? Ah well hand gestures will do the job. I'm planning on auditioning for dance, modeling and acting. Does anybody know if I have to prepare anything specific when I show up? I'm bringing a resume' and photos but otherwise I don't know whether I should have a dance prepared or an monologue prepared (in english) or bring high heels to runway walk in.

The phone rang and notified me right when I was done reading this entire thread. Its such a creepy coincedence. Just in case anybody else is going to be in Korea, open auditions are held at SM Ent. every Saturday at 3pm. Wish me luck ? :D

Guest babiexesta

o wow thank you all for the news......man i don't want to lose weight.....sheesh i like how i look right now.....SM needs to change seriously....they too strict...i mean does it matter if your fat or skinny?? it matters in your singing......

Guest Ella_Kwan

I'm going to the open audition guys! I'm leaving for Korea tomorrow, my flight leaves at noon. I was originally supposed to be going to Australia but there was a change of plan and there wasn't anymore room on the plane so my family opted going to Seoul instead of flaking out on my sister and I. ITS A CALLING! It must be a sign that someone up wants me to go to that audition. Or it could just be chance. Either way I'm going to go! Does anybody know whether I'm going to have to speak korean to be able to do this..? Ah well hand gestures will do the job. I'm planning on auditioning for dance, modeling and acting. Does anybody know if I have to prepare anything specific when I show up? I'm bringing a resume' and photos but otherwise I don't know whether I should have a dance prepared or an monologue prepared (in english) or bring high heels to runway walk in.

The phone rang and notified me right when I was done reading this entire thread. Its such a creepy coincedence. Just in case anybody else is going to be in Korea, open auditions are held at SM Ent. every Saturday at 3pm. Wish me luck ? :D

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D HAVE FUNNY!!!!!!! AND DO YOUR BEST!!!!!!!!! HOW LONG ARE YOU GOING TOBE THERE??? I'm going in augest, so when you get back tell us all!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!! DO WELL!!!!!!! :D Alot of people told me that speaking in Eng. is fine. :D DO GOOD & MAKE US SOOMPI'S PROUD! :D

Guest reverie_

those who auditioned in malaysia,

when you were asked to freedance, what

song did they put on?

Guest nanjiyoun

OMAEOMAE THIS COULD BE MY BIG BREAK

lols.. but im so nervous..

originally, i planned to go to Korea next summer to audition..

but wow, hearing that they might come to the STATES?!

im psyched.. i need to lose weight;; T___T

homesoy

The phone rang and notified me right when I was done reading this entire thread. Its such a creepy coincedence. Just in case anybody else is going to be in Korea, open auditions are held at SM Ent. every Saturday at 3pm. Wish me luck ?

OMG good luck homesoy! ! ! !<3 tell us all about it xD

SIGHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh i cant wait;;...

this is like.. a miracle...

________________________//

ohyeah i have some questions;

1) WHAT DO YOU WEAR??? i heard in Korea, for open auditions.. they like people who look like a student.. or something like that

2) WHERE ARE THEY RIGHT NOW? is the audition in Malasiya over?? when are they coming??

3) WHAT SONG DO THEY PLAY? cus i remember reading someone else's comment and said that they were playing SuperJunior's U over and over again.. and i have confidence in that cus i know it already ><;;

4) WHAT DID YOU PEOPLE WRITE IN THE EMAIL? i just followed what baybiifusion said.. Name/Sex.. nationality.. etcetc.. but what do you write in the misc?

thank you.... ><

Guest homesoy

THANKS GUYS ! I'm going for about 8 days. Thought that I might as well audition since I'm in Seoul anyways.

Nanjiyoun:

#2 The Malaysia one is over it happen on the 15th I believe.

#4 I wrote the exact same thing as you. I guess just telling them the basics is good enough. As other posters had said, I included as much about me as possible in it. I wrote down my interests and hobbies and how I'm going to use my talent to represent the stars of tomorrow blahblahblah. I'm attaching a resume to the info sheet when I audition. Do you think I should e-mail them a copy of my application also?

Guest kangtagreen27

woohoo!! BEST of LUCK to you homesoy!!

hopefully language barrier won't be too much of a problem, if they are looking for talents.

and you sound like you have a lot of confidence! that's a good thing. i think more than anything, sm are looking for ppl with confidence.

be sure to come back to soompi and give us an update of how it went.

and it sure does sound like you've got everything prepare.

just make sure you got your song with you and all your lines prepared!

homesoy...FIGHTING!

hope to hear you get in and debut within 3 or 4 years!!!