Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest kangtagreen27

S.M. Entertainment's '06 World Tour Audition

Guest babyxshh

I HOPE they come to the us.

then i can go and audition XP

has anyone ever auditioned through email?

Guest xxanonymity

can we apply to all four categories (singing, dancing,modeling, and acting)or just one?

Guest babiexesta

^ we can apply for as many as you want....^^

i got a question can we have a partner??

another one....could we sing two songs in the audition??

Guest nanjiyoun

homesoy

THANKS GUYS ! I'm going for about 8 days. Thought that I might as well audition since I'm in Seoul anyways.

Nanjiyoun:

#2 The Malaysia one is over it happen on the 15th I believe.

#4 I wrote the exact same thing as you. I guess just telling them the basics is good enough. As other posters had said, I included as much about me as possible in it. I wrote down my interests and hobbies and how I'm going to use my talent to represent the stars of tomorrow blahblahblah. I'm attaching a resume to the info sheet when I audition. Do you think I should e-mail them a copy of my application also?

THANKS and i think so because i heard that some people had to get in SUPER early cus they didnt send email.. so send it just in case<3 ahh i cant believe im talking to someone who might be a star one day<3

^-^ i wish you the bestt come back safely &tell us about it OKAYS?!?! ^0^

Guest SunHye

can we sent them audition material thru email anyways (even though I am in the US and they haven't gotten here yet).

Guest silvertaz

THANKS GUYS ! I'm going for about 8 days. Thought that I might as well audition since I'm in Seoul anyways.

Wah, go for it, homesoy!!!! Share your experiences to all of us, ok? I wish u best of lucks!!!! :D

Guest Storytime

Does anyone have a recommendation of songs that are good for auditioning? You know, ones that show your vocal ability.

Guest reverie_

^i dont recommend boa though, because she has amazing vocal abilities that when most people try, they will just end up ruining vocal cords.

Guest jlandok93

what happens if you like audition through email and letter..? will they come here and hear you or what..?? lol.

Guest baybiifusion

4) WHAT DID YOU PEOPLE WRITE IN THE EMAIL? i just followed what baybiifusion said.. Name/Sex.. nationality.. etcetc.. but what do you write in the misc?

the misc part is just what you want to add in yourself

eg. competitions and events you've participated in, more info on yourself etc.

and remember to add heaps of pics of yourself

cause i remember someone saying

pictures will help you in getting a faster reply

^ we can apply for as many as you want....^^

i got a question can we have a partner??

another one....could we sing two songs in the audition??

i guess you can audition in a group but not too sure.

you only sing one and if they wanna hear more, they'll ask =)

can we sent them audition material thru email anyways (even though I am in the US and they haven't gotten here yet).

yes you can.

for the 2006 World Tour send in your application beforehand to:

2006SM@smtown.com

with these:

* Information to include in the E-mail application.

1. Name / Sex

2. Nationality

3. Country of residence

4. Category being applied for (singer/dancer/actor/model/cf)

5. School / Year

6. Contact Information (1) Phone (2) E-mail(3) Homepage

7. Address

8. Miscellaneous Information

9. Attached picture file

what happens if you like audition through email and letter..? will they come here and hear you or what..?? lol.

they'll organise an audition if they think you're good.

Guest clee

I'm going to the open audition guys! I'm leaving for Korea tomorrow, my flight leaves at noon. I was originally supposed to be going to Australia but there was a change of plan and there wasn't anymore room on the plane so my family opted going to Seoul instead of flaking out on my sister and I. ITS A CALLING! It must be a sign that someone up wants me to go to that audition. Or it could just be chance. Either way I'm going to go! Does anybody know whether I'm going to have to speak korean to be able to do this..? Ah well hand gestures will do the job. I'm planning on auditioning for dance, modeling and acting. Does anybody know if I have to prepare anything specific when I show up? I'm bringing a resume' and photos but otherwise I don't know whether I should have a dance prepared or an monologue prepared (in english) or bring high heels to runway walk in.

The phone rang and notified me right when I was done reading this entire thread. Its such a creepy coincedence. Just in case anybody else is going to be in Korea, open auditions are held at SM Ent. every Saturday at 3pm. Wish me luck ? :D

For open auditions, there's a lot of people who wait in line just to audition. If there's too many people like almost 300 then they'll just pick people who have somewhat good lucks and will let them audition for singing or acting. Be aware that not everyone gets to audition. I suggest you go on a day that it's raining so you get a better chance of auditioning. & Yes, you have to be able to speak Korean. They want you to sing a korean song.. a gayo. No american popsongs. Oh btw, how tall are you if you're thinking about doing acting? You can't audition for all of them at once. You don't need a resume and they dont want your photos. Just show up at the door really early to get a place in line and fill out the application that they give you. Don't prepare a dance cus they only give you 30 secs to freestyle to any given beat. Again.. make sure you audition in Korean cus there's no point in auditioning in Korea if you're gonna speak in English unless they ask you questions.

btw, MAKE SURE YOU KNOW HOW TO WRITE IN KOREA FOR THE APPLICATION!

Guest mynameishannie

yeah i heard you're talking about stephanie hwang,.

you're totally wrong on the info.

I have a question, does weight matter? Are the judges looking for super skinny girls?

Because my friend's friend got in and she was 5'5'' and weight 110 lbs, but sm told her to lose more weight and be under 100....

Guest silvertaz

for the 2006 World Tour send in your application beforehand to:

2006SM@smtown.com

they'll organise an audition if they think you're good.

What happened if you don't email beforehand, will they still give an audition? Also, if we do email them and if something wrong with the recording, eg. sending the wrong file etc... will they NOT give a chance for audition?

Ah, also... since weight seems to be a main factor too, does it mean ppl who weight under 100 is more preferable?

Guest baybiifusion

What happened if you don't email beforehand, will they still give an audition? Also, if we do email them and if something wrong with the recording, eg. sending the wrong file etc... will they NOT give a chance for audition?

Ah, also... since weight seems to be a main factor too, does it mean ppl who weight under 100 is more preferable?

if you dont apply beforehand,

they'll stil give you an audition

just that you fill in a form at the door.

and for the World Tour Audition,

also you dont need to attach a recording,

since you'll be going to the actual face-to-face audition.

like you said under 100 is preferable...

the girl still got in :P

Guest sekai_jr

hey this is what it happened to me

I sent in my application for the audition in Malaysia...

and normally SM would send email back to confirm the date and time...

But how come I never got any email from SM...I re-sent the application like 5 times through my email and my friend's...

Anyway I missed that audition for some reason...but i still wonder why they didn't send me any confirmation....

Guest Kc287

gosh... so many things about this audition tour... hmmm...

UNDER 100 lbs?!?!?!?1... OMFG... i'm not even anywhere CLOSE to that...TT-TT... i'm just a big fat girl...TT^TT...XD.... but yeah... i'm big for my height (5' 4'')... I guess I wouldnt' stand much of a chance with all those OTHER skinny girls at the auditions if i were to go, huh??... *pouts*...phooey... why SM gotta be THAT picky?! :angry:

<_<....

also, if you WERE to get picked by SM (to which would NEVER happen to me), how are you suppose to train?? do they TAKE you over to korea for that?... especially if you're NOT korean?

Guest adikkeluangman

sekai_jr; So you don't come for the audition at Malaysia. Some of my friends also did not get

confirmation email by SM but they just came to the audition. Many people just walk-in for the audition at that

time.

Guest baybiifusion

hey this is what it happened to me

I sent in my application for the audition in Malaysia...

and normally SM would send email back to confirm the date and time...

But how come I never got any email from SM...I re-sent the application like 5 times through my email and my friend's...

Anyway I missed that audition for some reason...but i still wonder why they didn't send me any confirmation....

the location was announced on the site..

you should've looked there.

and many people just turned up for it

and those who sent in an email too.

SM are too busy to reply to every single email >..<

UNDER 100 lbs?!?!?!?1... OMFG... i'm not even anywhere CLOSE to that...TT-TT... i'm just a big fat girl...TT^TT...XD.... but yeah... i'm big for my height (5' 4'')... I guess I wouldnt' stand much of a chance with all those OTHER skinny girls at the auditions if i were to go, huh??... *pouts*...phooey... why SM gotta be THAT picky?! :angry:

<_<....

also, if you WERE to get picked by SM (to which would NEVER happen to me), how are you suppose to train?? do they TAKE you over to korea for that?... especially if you're NOT korean?

yes, you're right.

they ask you to go over to Korea

and train there under SM Entertainment.

Guest Ella_Kwan

'clee' date='Jul 18 2006, 02:11 AM' post='3175647']

For open auditions, there's a lot of people who wait in line just to audition. If there's too many people like almost 300 then they'll just pick people who have somewhat good lucks and will let them audition for singing or acting. Be aware that not everyone gets to audition. I suggest you go on a day that it's raining so you get a better chance of auditioning. & Yes, you have to be able to speak Korean. They want you to sing a korean song.. a gayo. No american popsongs. Oh btw, how tall are you if you're thinking about doing acting? You can't audition for all of them at once. You don't need a resume and they dont want your photos. Just show up at the door really early to get a place in line and fill out the application that they give you. Don't prepare a dance cus they only give you 30 secs to freestyle to any given beat. Again.. make sure you audition in Korean cus there's no point in auditioning in Korea if you're gonna speak in English unless they ask you questions.

btw, MAKE SURE YOU KNOW HOW TO WRITE IN KOREA FOR THE APPLICATION!

Could i ask you a question??? Not to be rude or anything but have you been to an audition before & this is what they told you? People in other postes has told me that english is fine for singing & talking be/c later they will teach you korean if they like you enough, just like HanKyung, he sang in chinese & talked in chinese... I just really wanna know be/c this info seems new to me. thanks....

'Kc287' date='Jul 18 2006, 03:53 AM' post='3176650']

<_<....

I saw pictures of stars who werent skinny at all BUT the company saw something in them, i'm guessing be/c they were talented... DONT LET THE WHOLE STUPID WEIGH THING PUT YOU DOWN!!! IF YOUR DETERMINED & KNOW YOUR GOOD, THEN I SAY TRY HARD NO MATTER WHAT! ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!

Guest kangtagreen27

yeah, whether they think you're overweight or whatever...i don't think that's the point. cuz if they're having you practice 10 hours a day...you'll eventually loose all that weight anyway. so, i don't think it reallie matters.