S.M. Entertainment's '06 World Tour Audition

Guest kangtagreen27

Guest saera

I remember reading about this in the newspaper..today. lol.

They're looking for the next boa or whatever. Too bad they probably wont come to chicago.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yishai

baybiifusion: do you just record yourself in a tape and send it over to them??

so even if we get into the company we don't have to pay anything..just only for the trip to get to the audition, will depending on where there gonna be at right??

well thanks for helping me.

Guest baybiifusion

baybiifusion: do you just record yourself in a tape and send it over to them??

so even if we get into the company we don't have to pay anything..just only for the trip to get to the audition, will depending on where there gonna be at right??

well thanks for helping me.

yup record yourself, burn it on a disc or send it in a n email

with your details to them.

all your training will be paid by SM and if you do get in,

they'll pay for your plane ticket to Korea

and give you some money for living expenses.

you need to make your own ways to the auditions.

Guest baybiifusion

Wahh has the Canadian audition passed already? -_-

not it hasnt, so far they've only gone to Malayasia.

Guest silvertaz

Does anyone know which country they are going to go next? When are they coming to US and where?

I'm excited, but I think if I do wanna go audition, I need to practice more lol... I hope US will be their lassttt one. :D

Guest K-popMiko

yup record yourself, burn it on a disc or send it in a n email

with your details to them.

all your training will be paid by SM and if you do get in,

they'll pay for your plane ticket to Korea

and give you some money for living expenses.

you need to make your own ways to the auditions.

You send a disc in for an email or for the snail mail letter? I'm a little confused at that.

Guest baybiifusion

You send a disc in for an email or for the snail mail letter? I'm a little confused at that.

the mail.

if you're sending in an email then attach the recordings to it.

Guest xsnowangelx

wow spent like 2 hours reading all da posts ! soo interesting n informative ! thanks everyone for all the info n opinions!

after readin all this.. i still have a question stuck in my head.. do you havta sing in korean when auditioning??? cuz my fren wants to do it buh hes japanese and doesnt know korean at all buh like parts of korean songs.. so he should try singing in korean rah? or juss sing in english which he is fluent at ?

well hes deciding juss to email his application wit recordings... should he email english n japanense n a korean recording? he doesnt no korean at all kekeke any opinions?

Guest thea_

^ I think yur friend should sing in english, 'cos just in case he's pronouncation is wrong..it wouldn't look bad.

I have a question...what if get in and they bring you to korea but for sum reason u need to go back to yur home country, would they pay for yur airline tickets or sumthing. Or for example u quit or sumething. I wouldn't want to be stuck in korea..that'd be scary

and also what about school..do u drop out of school? and just train in sm all day long? or they send u to school too? like geez i want to still go to school and train if i get in.

I was wondering the same thing as thea.

If we aren't fluent or don't understand that much of Korean do we go to school still, or not? Or do we get like a tutor that speaks in whatever language?

I don't want to drop out if I get in.

Guest COUNTERACT

For most trainees, they go to school then go straight to practice, but since you guys aren't korean, I'm not sure...I would guess that they would send you to an international school?

If you look at SM trainee, Stella, she goes back and forth US to Korea but I have no clue if SM pays for the plane tickets.

I'm sure that after the auditions and if you get in, SM will make something that works for you. ^^

Guest nanjiyoun

HEY GUYS! ! ! !

my friend (babyxshh) told me this

the story is, my friend's grandpa said that while he was listening to the korean radio station, Lee Soo Man was talking about a concert here in America. It is Boa's first[?] concert here in America and also, LSM also said that theyre going to hold the audition in American IN MID AUGUST.

SO TRAIN HARD NOWWWWWWWWWWWW ! ! !

he also mentioned that, "Not just any one will be picked, we will only pick the ones with true talent. But dont be discouraged, dont hesitate to audition." or something like that xD

WE CAN DO IT~~~~~~~! ! ! ! !

__________// edit

oh yeah i forgot to mention....

if you DO get PICKED...

you go to Japan for 3 years to study and train..

so xsnowangelx, your friend doesnt have to worry ^-^

Guest lovablekrnstar63

nanjiyon

JAPAN??

I'M KOREAN T^T

anyway

mid-august?

geez

that's not too far from now

all those who audition

..good luck, that's all i can say =]

this is so exciting~

-EDIT-

i had a question

what if you get in

but you want to finish education at your CURRENT highschool/college?

do they let you do that

and you can train after you graduate or something?

iono if i'm going to audition

but i was jst wondering

Guest DBSK_love

my Q's, i have a couple

1.when are they coming to the US?

2.where in the US is it?

3.if we do audition through email or mail then do we have to include a tape of us performing what were auditioning for?

Guest cmy_185

I don't know if anyone mentioned this before but.. SM said this themselves. If you're REALLY talented, they won't care much about how you look. But if you're REALLY gorgeous but has no talent whatsoever, they'll train you to be an actress. haha. :x

Guest babiexesta

mid august???? bad timing.....--;;........o man i hope its on a saturday now......thanks for the info...^^

Guest Storytime

I honestly think the auditions are going to be in NY then. If BoA is going to have a concert - it'd most likely be at Madison Square (where Bi was the first Korean to perform at) and that would mean the auditions are here then. Ah, wishful thinking.

I hope you guys would go back and read the thread because I've been seeing A LOT of repetitive questions. No offense, but it isn't hard to go back a few pages and just read what's already been answered.

FAQ -

1. Where and when is the audition?

The auditions in the US have NOT been decided on yet. If you want more information, you can frequently check out smtown.com. As of now, there has been no decided time or date or place.

2. If you want to audition by either e-mail or mail -

E-Mail - There is a list of information you need to include (Which can all be found on SMtown.com) Along with that information, if you want to be a singer, you include a mp3 file of your singing. If you want to be a model, it's recommended you send them MULTIPLE pictures. (SMtown is a company who focuses greatly on looks as well as talent) I've heard that the more pictures you send - the greater your chance of being chosen is. If you want to be a dancer - show them a small video clip of what you can do. If you want to be a composer - send them your ORIGINAL lyrics.

Mail - It is of similiar format to your e-mail audition. You send them the required information and a demo tape.

3. How do I know if I've been chosen?

They will contact you. Don't know how or what, but they WILL find a way to reach you if they're interested. If they don't, don't be discouraged and keep on trying.

4. What is the audition process?

According to the audition in Malaysia - First you need to apply (Either at the door on the day of the audition, or online) You will be placed into groups according to your given numbers. Some groups may be larger or small depending on the turnout. In Malaysia, there were over 200 participants, so there were groups of 20. You will be brought into a room with the judges, and with 10 other people, you will stand in a line and perform in front of a camera. You will have 30 seconds to sing/act or perhaps longer if the judges allow you to. You do NOT perform the whole song. You sing until the judges tell you to stop. If you're modeling, you will stand up closer to the judges (1 meter in comparison to the usual 3 meters distance). After everyone has gone, you will all be given another 30 seconds to dance to any random beat given. So there's no point in preparing. The ones who are trying out for dancing itself will have to wait until everyone has gone before showing what they've got.

5. Will they contact me in 3 weeks to notify if I've gotten in?

There are many hopefuls in M'sia currently waiting for news. A handful of participants were called back the VERY NEXT DAY for a second audition. This isn't to say others won't get in. But you'll just have to wait. I believe if you don't get in - you will not be called. The waiting span is three weeks.

6. Do I have to sing in a certain language?

I believe the judges are language geniuses. They speak English, Chinese and Korean. Perhaps Japanese too. You should have no problem conversing with them. You can sing whatever song you prepared for them in whichever language you prepared.

7. What kind of song should I sing?

Mostly, you should sing a song that will show your vocal abilities. These normally included slow songs. Some songs the Malaysian participants sang were - Utada Hikaru, First Love. BoA, Jewel Song. You get the point. If you don't know if your song fits their expectations, I recommend you prepare an extra. In some cases, the judges will ask you to change your song.

8. What happens if I get in?

SM will contact you separately. I'm sure you can work out a contract to your liking. They will pay for your expenses to and in Korea. I'm pretty sure they'll still allow you to go to school - but the hours will be hectic. You'll be going to school in the day and training at night. I've heard you might not even get home until 2-4AM. Let me tell you this - if you get in, life will NOT be all fun and games. You have to be prepared to work, unconditionally. Through rain, sleet and snow. Or maybe I've exaggerated a bit .. Anyway, we all know SM is looking for young teens. :sweatingbullets: So IMO, I do not believe SM will wait for you to finish your education before starting your career. Sacrifices have to be made - so most likely you will go to a school of their choice while training under their name.

9. When will I debut?

SM has hundreds of trainees. If you get in, you may not debut at all. It all depends on you and your talents. If you can show SM ent. something worth showing to the public - then you've got a chance. Also, you will not debut quickly either. Most train a few years before their first appearance.

That's all I can think of at this moment. I hope this answers some of your questions.

Guest COUNTERACT

lovablekrnstar63 - I think it's just a choice you have to make...Unless you can work something out with your school and SM ent.

Like I go to a private school and i've already my paid tuition for next year and i have no clue what's going to happen if I do get in, but I'm not thinking about all that stuff and just focusing on the audition itself.

I keep thinking that if they have auditions in NY, then more chances of them just going straight up to Toronto, or if they go to LA, that they'll just come up to Vancouver...But I hope that they go to all 4 places!

Guest jlandok93

if you don't get to debut.. then there's relaly no point of going there then..?

ooh.. and if you do make it.. you have to go to JAPAN for 3 years..?? japan..???

Archived